HHN Hollywood 2016 Speculation

A quick rundown from Murdy's latest Q&A:
*The Exorcist is confirmed for the Revenge of the Mummy extended queue (Hostel, SAW, Texas 07/08).
*Codename: Wisconsin is located in the Jurassic Park extended queue and will most likely be the next maze announced after Walking Dead attraction opens.
*Terror Tram will most likely be an original concept Terror Tram that he's been working on the idea for UNLESS he gets outvoted on.
*Soundstage 747 will have a maze that will be announced later down the line. He hints that the maze IP is big/wild enough to require a Soundstage.
*No music house or comedy house.. THIS YEAR at least..
*Exorcist maze will take inspiration from the "banned trailer" .

*The password maze will be on the backlot this year.

10 minutes ago, Alexshow said:

Technically, we're still getting WD thanks to TWDA. But I agree, it seems like that USH will have an incredible year so-far.

From what it seems; I doubt that we're ever going to get Scream. Especially considering that Orlando and Hollywood rumored to of had major issues with the rights holder; Dimension.

And it's sad because Scream is one of the most maze-able horror franchises, like ever.

Edited by horror lover
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

I've got a kind of crazy theory for Wisconsin. 
My connection is through Henry Winkler. He makes a cameo in Scream as Principal Himbry. He is not from Wisconsin, however somebody that he played is. In Happy Days, which takes place in Wisconsin he played The Fonz. Scream was the theme for the terror tram, however it was not the original Scream it was Scream 4. 

It definitely seems like a long shot especially with Scream on MTV and possibly another Orlando fiasco but it's a theory

Not a crazy theory but i'm going a different direction. Mine is through Heather Graham who is from Milwaukee, Wisconsin & Murdy said it has nothing to do with the location of the IP but a person from the IP's hometown. Same idea with Terror Tram using only 4, this would be a maze using 1-3 if not just 1 since it's the 20 year anniversary this year. Murdy said JP would Kill, my question is does he mean Stab. Murdy would cameo as Neil Prescott or Principal Himbry. We would share it & it would be my dream IP come true as Wisconsin is Scream.

Just an idea, but it connects. 

As of now I can't jump to that though since it's not as likely but it could be an opinion. My head tells me this is The Conjuring still but Scream was just wishful thinking. We will have to wait & see if there are any other clues between now & then.

Edited by SirOwenDisney

13 hours ago, Alexshow said:

From what it seems; I doubt that we're ever going to get Scream. Especially considering that Orlando and Hollywood rumored to of had major issues with the rights holder; Dimension.

Eh... Scream is still highly unlikely, but I'm starting to hear (from people closer to it than me) that the issue in Orlando was more hubris than hostility.

So today I spent my morning diving and researching about Codename #1: "Wisconsin" and I have made a interesting connection. Here is all the hints we have been given so far.

Hints:

1. Codename ties in the state "Wisconsin" and is about with everything that someone is from.

2. The maze is one of the most fan requested mazes by the fans.

3. Based on a film that has never been done at Hollywood.

4. The maze has original elements that are taken from an idea from the film

5. Wig from "El Cucuy" maze will make a comeback

6. Treatment is 92 pages long.

7. Maze is located in the JP (Jurassic Park) Queue.

8. The ending of the maze is a original twist.

Now these are tweet hints.

9. "Now... here's a hint to maze #1 code named "Wisconsin" You're looking for a specific city in Wisconsin... that is all"

10. "No but I've probably been to Manitowoc at least a dozen times in my life... Hmmm".

11. "Been a weird stretch of writing. Researching 1970's decor and creepy kid songs. Have to jam on writing today to bring it all together".

12. "I'm "Supercalifragipsyched" for this maze".

So here we go! I believe that Codename #1 "Wisconsin" will be... "The Conjuring". So while researching I came across a actor named "Chris Farley" which is a actor born in Madison, Wisconsin. I was looking around for hints and I saw that "Chris Farley" plays a Performer in Saturday Night Live titled "Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious". It is a coincidence because Murdy tweeted out saying "I'm "Supercalifragipsyched" for this maze". about maze 1 and "Chris Farley" plays a Performer in Saturday Night Live titled "Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious". I looked at his siblings and his sibling John Farley was a male detective in a film released in 2006 titled "Loving Annabelle" which is the name of the doll from "The Conjuring". Now digging a little deeper looking at the Conjuring 2's cast one of them is named "Madison Wolfe" her first name is "Madison" which coincidently is the name of the city where "John Farley" and his siblings were born. John states that we are looking for a city and he says to a question "No but I've probably been to Manitowoc at least a dozen times in my life... Hmmm". So where is the connection to Manitowoc? Well this is a little overboard but actor "Madison Wolfe" was born in Ohio which doesn't state the city. Well Ohio is home to many cities it is also home to "Madison" city and the home of "Manitowoc" Crane Company. Other things like "The Conjuring" has never been done at HHN, and it takes place in the 1970's so that's why he is researching for 1970's creepy kid songs. So yes I do believe that this connection is somewhat correct or I am on the right path please comment if you disagree or agree or have a completely different theory about Maze 1. Thank you and have a great Mother's day!

Edited by HauntJustyn
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, SirOwenDisney said:

I might as well post my original speculation video connecting Wisconsin to The Conjuring back on January 20.

Well I'm not trying to put your opinion down but I really just don't see the reason why he tweeted "Superfragipsyched" other than my connection with "Chris Farley" playing a performer in Saturday Night Live named "Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious" another thing I might add is that Murdy states that "The codename has nothing to do with the setting of the film or TV show. It has everything to do with where someone is from..."

Edited by HauntJustyn

13 minutes ago, HauntJustyn said:

Well I'm not trying to put your opinion down but I really just don't see the reason why he tweeted "Superfragipsyched" other than my connection with "Chris Farley" playing a performer in Saturday Night Live named "Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious" another thing I might add is that Murdy states that "The codename has nothing to do with the setting of the film or TV show. It has everything to do with where someone is from..."

Well Owen posted his original theory of The Conjuring as he said back in January before additional hints were released. He was on the right track but now that new hints are released modification is needed 

Just now, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Well Owen posted his original theory of The Conjuring as he said back in January before additional hints were released. He was on the right track but now that new hints are released modification is needed 

True.

1 hour ago, Grindhousehero13 said:

The maze is the shallows guys they are gonna throw us in shark tank and make us swim to safety 

Nice one Grind! The Shallows: (insert yearly Jaws-related Bloody Waters maze subtitle here)

Since there have been some rumors that Krampus may not be coming (hope they're not true) I decided to do some digging in connecting Freddy Vs. Jason with Doris Day because The Conjuring is most likely Wisconsin. 

Song By Doris Day: Street of Dreams 

that street being Elm Street where Freddy and Jason terrorize in Freddy Vs. Jason

Strange connection to a song by The Smiths that is not on The Queen is Dead: Suffer Little Children

Freddy wants to return in FVJ to make his children suffer again. 

Doris Day is our most original so it'll probably veer away from the movie like Orlando's but hopefully won't be exactly like theirs 

I'll toss out my guess at Wisconsin...

City: Madison

Actor is from Madison.

Actor played an important role in the movie Billy Madison.

Actor's name: Bradley Whitford who played the role of Hadley (one of the head technicians) in the movie The Cabin in the Woods.

That movie hasn't been used in Hollywood and is 1 that people have asked for.

8 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I'll toss out my guess at Wisconsin...

City: Madison

Actor is from Madison.

Actor played an important role in the movie Billy Madison.

Actor's name: Bradley Whitford who played the role of Hadley (one of the head technicians) in the movie The Cabin in the Woods.

That movie hasn't been used in Hollywood and is 1 that people have asked for.

Bradley Whitford was my first guess as Cabin fits & is something that has been heavily requested...BUT when Murdy did the Alphabet game, he said B didn't appear in the short list at all.

On 5/9/2016 at 9:33 AM, SirOwenDisney said:

Bradley Whitford was my first guess as Cabin fits & is something that has been heavily requested...BUT when Murdy did the Alphabet game, he said B didn't appear in the short list at all.

Missed that bit (Feb. 5th). Q, Z and B. A letter P appears once somewhere. Any others?

To be honest, I don't truly understand what to look for. The big clue is that it's a city in Wisconsin, but I'm pretty sure he said that it ties to an actual person. So if we're just looking for people who came from Wisconsin, the city itself really wouldn't be that relevant. I guess it is possible, but I find it difficult to believe that he'd set it up that way.

The list really can't be that long. How many ip's are brought up by the gp that haven't already been used at some point?

If we're just looking for people that somehow tie to movies directly or indirectly that are from Wisconsin here are 4 more that I came across.

1. Tony Shalhoub is from the Green Bay area and  played in 13 Ghosts.

2. Gene Wilder is from Milwaukee and was Willy Wonka which could easily be turned into a horror themed maze.

3. Zack Snyder, who directed Dawn of the Dead (reboot) is from the Green Bay area. (highly doubt they'd have a zombie house though)

4. The guy who played Sloth in The Goonies (John Matuszak) was from Oak Creek. I thought that was an interesting one because Sloth (who John is famous for playing as well as playing on the Raiders)   could be tied to a few different possibilities. 2 different seasons of American Horror Story (2 or 4), Wrong Turn, The Hills that have Eyes, etc.

By the way... Anyone care to describe what the El Cucuy wig looks like?

I noticed a possible odd connection to Doris Day and a song by the Smiths. Doris used the song It's Magic for her show's theme song (The Doris Day Show). That same song was used by Bugs Bunny on a couple of occasions. One of which was a short about Bugs visiting Dracula's Castle (Count Blood Count). Seen here at 1:02-1:22 humming the tune:

On the Smith's second album they had a song called Meat is Murder (which was also the album title). Apparently Morrissey wouldn't allow anyone from the band to be photographed eating meat. I could see these clues possibly combining to tie to a vampire movie. No idea which though.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

On 5/8/2016 at 10:24 AM, HauntJustyn said:

So today I spent my morning diving and researching about Codename #1: "Wisconsin" and I have made a interesting connection. Here is all the hints we have been given so far.

Hints:

1. Codename ties in the state "Wisconsin" and is about with everything that someone is from.

2. The maze is one of the most fan requested mazes by the fans.

3. Based on a film that has never been done at Hollywood.

4. The maze has original elements that are taken from an idea from the film

5. Wig from "El Cucuy" maze will make a comeback

6. Treatment is 92 pages long.

7. Maze is located in the JP (Jurassic Park) Queue.

8. The ending of the maze is a original twist.

Now these are tweet hints.

9. "Now... here's a hint to maze #1 code named "Wisconsin" You're looking for a specific city in Wisconsin... that is all"

10. "No but I've probably been to Manitowoc at least a dozen times in my life... Hmmm".

11. "Been a weird stretch of writing. Researching 1970's decor and creepy kid songs. Have to jam on writing today to bring it all together".

12. "I'm "Supercalifragipsyched" for this maze".

I think you've pretty much got it with The Conjuring. Just curious, how did you land on Farley? That SNL skit is quite the deep cut, but it lines up to what he tweeted. The Manitowac crane stuff might be stretching a bit. I can't quite figure out where Manitowac would fit, but honestly it could be a red herring. 

Obviously, the 1970's decor fits with the time period of the movie and the children's songs tie in as well. I can't remember any specific wig from El Cucuy, but a wig would be fitting for a witch..

Just now, deadbydawn said:

I think you've pretty much got it with The Conjuring. Just curious, how did you land on Farley? That SNL skit is quite the deep cut, but it lines up to what he tweeted. The Manitowac crane stuff might be stretching a bit. I can't quite figure out where Manitowac would fit, but honestly it could be a red herring. 

Obviously, the 1970's decor fits with the time period of the movie and the children's songs tie in as well. I can't remember any specific wig from El Cucuy, but a wig would be fitting for a witch..

I actually just Google famous people born in Wisconsin clicked on a website called "40 famous people born in Wisconsin", did a imdb check of each and everyone of them has done (acting related), and I came across John Farley and the "Supercalifragipsyched" sounded similar to "Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious" so I researched a bit more and found Madison Wolfe (is in "the conjuring 2" ) made a connection between John Farley's birth city which is called Madison and her first name that is "madison" and since she stars in "the conjuring 2" I decided that would be my connection (of course by also finding a way to connect it with all the other hints).

Edited by HauntJustyn

1 hour ago, HauntJustyn said:

I actually just Google famous people born in Wisconsin clicked on a website called "40 famous people born in Wisconsin", did a imdb check of each and everyone of them has done (acting related), and I came across John Farley and the "Supercalifragipsyched" sounded similar to "Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious" so I researched a bit more and found Madison Wolfe (is in "the conjuring 2" ) made a connection between John Farley's birth city which is called Madison and her first name that is "madison" and since she stars in "the conjuring 2" I decided that would be my connection (of course by also finding a way to connect it with all the other hints).

Right on. I'm with you. 

He does say this on Jan. 19th

This maze also has some original elements, a crazy idea I had that was inspired by something from the movie but not in the movie...

Unless he's going off the script, I doubt he actually saw The Conjuring 2 at that point, since they only finished filming it in December. Unless you're assuming that he's going to use both films for inspiration?

I watched a fairly bright youtube video of the El Cucuy maze from 2013 and I didn't see a noticeable wig anywhere. I wonder what it looks like? Murdy is going to be the 1 wearing the wig in a cameo (Twitter Mar. 19th), so I'm not sure that he'll be a witch, but who knows?

I just stumbled upon another tidbit of info that strengthens the Conjuring (2) case. When Entertainment Weekly released the very 1st image of the film back in December, it was none other than Madison Wolfe. Maybe Murdy say the 1st picture and used it as inspiration for his codename?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR