Halloween Horror Nights 26 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

Hell High: School Musikill please!

26 minutes ago, foREVer56 said:

There was a reason they didn't use it last year. Unless that issue was resolved, I assumed this still wasn't an option.  

They also had a better option in Shrek last year. This year, MIB is the best option and they've evidently made it work. It's just what I've been told, but as of last month they were still finalizing the last location. My guess is that it was locked in in the last couple of weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

Hell High: School Musikill please!

They also had a better option in Shrek last year. This year, MIB is the best option and they've evidently made it work. It's just what I've been told, but as of last month they were still finalizing the last location. My guess is that it was locked in in the last couple of weeks.

Then if TCM is really a house this year, I'm 90% sure this is where it's going.

2 hours ago, foREVer56 said:

That picture is of the Shrek building, as is exactly the plan they used for Asylum last year, except with the queue wrapping around the building and starting in between Mel's and Transformers.

You're right. My mistake. Google shows this one, too:

http://www.hhnlegacy.com/uploads/6/9/8/5/6985850/9198100_orig.jpg

I can't see how it'd fit there. Where exactly is it?

40 minutes ago, Dead Inside said:

If TCM happens and goes in the MIB queue, waits will be even worse than Insidious

Insidious and Halloween had god awful waittimes due to word of mouth (false WoM for Insidious, imo) and because Tent 2 is the only house remotely close to B&T. Realistically, a house in MiB would enter on the Diagon side of the FFL theater. So half the crowd would shuffle into TCM, and the other half would go to Tent 2. It would actually help the waittime situation over there, and now every house location would have at least one other house right next door to take the pressure off wait times. Honestly would help even out wait times across the board. 

6 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

The house most likely would enter on the Diagon side of FFL. Put the queue in backstage areas, and the extended queue of MiB is a lot bigger than it looks in that picture. The 2 squares and the trees immediately to their left is enough room for a close quarters, tent sized house. It might be slightly shorter than the recent tent houses (they're getting really great at using those facilities to their full potential), but A house would fit there fine. 

My only issue with that is where will the line for MiB go? They use the extended queue near daily over the summer while they're constructing the house. Where would they put all those people?

• Like 2

HHN Legacy, where those pictures are from, wrote an article last year detailing a bunch of spots where a 9th house could fit (hence the Shrek building from above, which of course, turned out to be used for Alice). The scenario mentioned by Forever 56 (entering next to Diagon), was also mentioned. Those pictures are from that article, but there are a bunch more. The one for MIB posted above, is just one such scenario he outlined for that area. There are plethora of ways the team can make a house fit back there. 

http://www.hhnlegacy.com/uploads/6/9/8/5/6985850/8448130_orig.jpg

Edited by StewieGriffin

13 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

The extended queue. It's huge. the issue last year was the queue was too close to the pyro. So maybe they moved it or figured out another way.

Sound apparently is not an issue. Seeing as the Jaws queue was right next to the stage for years and there was a house there every year. Not to mention the annoying sound bleed through of RHPS into the disaster house.

• Like 2

I just think MIB is not going to work out well. With Jaws they at least had a building to start from. MIB they literally have queue poles, a BUNCH of trees, and two basic roof structures to keep some rain off people in line. You also have the issue of summer crowds that use that queue during peak times. The sound from Bill and Ted in the house would be hard to mask but possible so thats not the issue. However, with queue times reaching well over an hour, you are going to have people standing in line listening to and REALLY close to the show while it is being performed. This poses multiple major issues. Currently, they yell at you if you are recording even AROUND the Bill and Ted area during showtime not just sitting at the show. That would be an impossible task if the line went all around the edge of the location. You also have people in backstage areas with a large cast. Even the highest wall will not keep stupid people from trying to look at the backstage changing areas for the cast. If they were really stupid, they could jump over and into the backstage area and possibly making it to the stage before cast/crew and stop them. 

This leads me to my next point. The Penn and Teller rumors are interesting in more ways than one. At this point everybody knows they have no scheduled shows in Vegas in Sept or Oct. They currently only have one show at the end of October on a Thursday night. They have said they would like to work with Universal again for HHN. Mike was in Vegas. 

Now, they have announced that HHN is coming back to Universal Studios like we all knew would happen. That's all they have announced. They could shock a lot of people and bring back IoA with the two park concept. It seemed like a common issue was there was not enough of a draw to keep people in IoA when it was over there. Putting Penn and Teller in the biggest theater they have in IoA sure would draw some crowds! Plus, with all the work they are doing to make Kong look insane at night, a new version of Hulk, and a popular IP or two, people would be spread out just fine. They could keep the train going all night too. Plus they would have multiple house locations they could use to make up for losing some. 

Crowds are just insane and it will come to a point where they have to thin people out. Well placed IP houses spread between the two parks, having a major show at each end (B&T and Penn and Teller), and multiple rides that are awesome in the dark at IoA would really help. 

12 hours ago, Badge said:

I just think MIB is not going to work out well. With Jaws they at least had a building to start from. MIB they literally have queue poles, a BUNCH of trees, and two basic roof structures to keep some rain off people in line. You also have the issue of summer crowds that use that queue during peak times. The sound from Bill and Ted in the house would be hard to mask but possible so thats not the issue. However, with queue times reaching well over an hour, you are going to have people standing in line listening to and REALLY close to the show while it is being performed. This poses multiple major issues. Currently, they yell at you if you are recording even AROUND the Bill and Ted area during showtime not just sitting at the show. That would be an impossible task if the line went all around the edge of the location. You also have people in backstage areas with a large cast. Even the highest wall will not keep stupid people from trying to look at the backstage changing areas for the cast. If they were really stupid, they could jump over and into the backstage area and possibly making it to the stage before cast/crew and stop them. 

This leads me to my next point. The Penn and Teller rumors are interesting in more ways than one. At this point everybody knows they have no scheduled shows in Vegas in Sept or Oct. They currently only have one show at the end of October on a Thursday night. They have said they would like to work with Universal again for HHN. Mike was in Vegas. 

Now, they have announced that HHN is coming back to Universal Studios like we all knew would happen. That's all they have announced. They could shock a lot of people and bring back IoA with the two park concept. It seemed like a common issue was there was not enough of a draw to keep people in IoA when it was over there. Putting Penn and Teller in the biggest theater they have in IoA sure would draw some crowds! Plus, with all the work they are doing to make Kong look insane at night, a new version of Hulk, and a popular IP or two, people would be spread out just fine. They could keep the train going all night too. Plus they would have multiple house locations they could use to make up for losing some. 

Crowds are just insane and it will come to a point where they have to thin people out. Well placed IP houses spread between the two parks, having a major show at each end (B&T and Penn and Teller), and multiple rides that are awesome in the dark at IoA would really help. 

If I were to wish for something, it would be the reality of your last two paragraphs.  That would be AWESOME!  I keep thinking the same thing about Kong and how cool that would be do check it out at night at HHN.  Plus, I would MUCH prefer P&T do some big show than a house.  They would be such a good fit with an actual show.  They must be doing something though because why else would Mike be in Vegas?

As for repeating houses - I'd love to see some of the great houses from before 2005.  2005 was my first year, so anything prior to that would be new to me.. and I'm sure a LOT of people.  I didn't mind the AWIL repeat because I so loved the house.  However, I seriously doubt they would bring it back again this year.  I don't even think there is a 1% chance of that happening.  I think TWD is going to be the only thing that won't seem to die.  <sigh>  I don't care if they "change" it every year.  What it comes down to is - it's just a bunch of stupid zombies in different scenery.  It's still just zombies which are stupid.  

CITW was SUCH a fun house, it would NOT piss me off to have them repeat that one.

So, what do we know about Mike's bucket list? Any chance we could be getting Trick R Treat?

We know Killer Klowns is on his bucket list, and Lovecraft has been the works for nearly a decade. I'm also fairly confident he's a fan on 90s gorey-ghost horror (Ghost Ship/Thirteen Ghosts type stuff).

And why else would he be in Vegas? Maybe he just wanted to take a vacation?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

We know Killer Klowns is on his bucket list, and Lovecraft has been the works for nearly a decade. I'm also fairly confident he's a fan on 90s gorey-ghost horror (Ghost Ship/Thirteen Ghosts type stuff).

Didn't he SAY he was "working" there?  Or did I misread that?

Lovecraft would also be awesome.  I take it from your response, you're not hopeful about Trick R Treat?

Is Evil Dead on his bucketlist too?  They've had "tributes" to it before....but with Ash vs Evil Dead I think that could fulfill his 90s bucket list (Evil Dead II has to be really late 80s and Army or Darkness was definitely in the 90s).

It would be interesting to have 2 houses with chainsaws at the forefront if they had TCM and Evil Dead.:chainsaw:

Of course, Killer Klowns is #1 on my wish list every year so I truey hope we get that.  If we get KKFOS and any sort of Evil Dead house I'd be out of my mind happy.  Of course, everybody else will probably bitch about them being IPs and non-originals :)

------------------------------

Edit:  WORKING in Vegas...the home of 1 million trade shows.  Could literally mean anything when you work at a theme park.  Though I'd be very happy with a return of P&T.

Edited by Oysterhead00

36 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Didn't he SAY he was "working" there?  Or did I misread that?

Lovecraft would also be awesome.  I take it from your response, you're not hopeful about Trick R Treat?

Nope, not this year. But I'm also not hopeful for Krampus.

8 hours ago, Legacy said:

He's gone at least twice, maybe three times so far this year, and this last time he brought Patrick Braillard with him. But everyone's been assuming P&T, and that it will be a house. However, I believe the reason they're making trips over there is to work out a show for the event. They lost Beetlejuice's stage, and there's no real reason to bring back Jack's show or stage. Solution? Magic show in AA. But not Brushwood again. Something bigger. Could very well be P&T.

11 hours ago, Ecto_Freak said:

It's already confirmed on the Universal website (s) that the event will be at the studios.

Right, but just because it's at the Studios doesn't mean they can't add in IoA. Everybody EXPECTS the Studios so to announce the dates, they would just say that. Bringing back IoA would be a bigger deal and not just something they stick in some "favor" text that briefly says what the event is.

I still feel that out of all the past years, this would be the most ideal year to bring back IoA into the mix. Studios has lost a house location and has the queue for another house gone. A new ride that looks insane at night and updated roller coaster that is always better in the dark at IoA. Plus they finally having the OK to keep Harry open during HHN and another way to move people between the parks with the train. Plus, they could use the large theater for the Penn and Teller show (if that happens).  

I really don't get why people don't want IoA back. HHN is a whole different animal than when they tried this 12 years ago in 2004. The crowds back then were no where near what they are now. The biggest complaint is how crowded everything is now. From the scarezones being hard to walk through to the 2 hour waits for popular houses, it's getting out of hand. Having more space to spread people out would help a ton. The biggest complaint about HHN in 2004 was how spread out everything was with not much stuff in the streets. The budget just keeps going up for HHN and they could easily fix that problem. Last year we had 5 scarezones and 2 "unofficial" scarezones. They could easily do 6 themed zones and 2-3 "unofficial" zones if they wanted to try IoA again.

It's going to reach a point where they run out of options and have to branch into IoA because I don't think the higher ups are going to be happy if the park starts reaching capacity and they have to turn people away. That's money they are losing out on because of the park capacity limits. Add in the other park and you virtually double your capacity. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Badge said:

Right, but just because it's at the Studios doesn't mean they can't add in IoA. Everybody EXPECTS the Studios so to announce the dates, they would just say that. Bringing back IoA would be a bigger deal and not just something they stick in some "favor" text that briefly says what the event is.

I still feel that out of all the past years, this would be the most ideal year to bring back IoA into the mix. Studios has lost a house location and has the queue for another house gone. A new ride that looks insane at night and updated roller coaster that is always better in the dark at IoA. Plus they finally having the OK to keep Harry open during HHN and another way to move people between the parks with the train. Plus, they could use the large theater for the Penn and Teller show (if that happens).  

I really don't get why people don't want IoA back. HHN is a whole different animal than when they tried this 12 years ago in 2004. The crowds back then were no where near what they are now. The biggest complaint is how crowded everything is now. From the scarezones being hard to walk through to the 2 hour waits for popular houses, it's getting out of hand. Having more space to spread people out would help a ton. The biggest complaint about HHN in 2004 was how spread out everything was with not much stuff in the streets. The budget just keeps going up for HHN and they could easily fix that problem. Last year we had 5 scarezones and 2 "unofficial" scarezones. They could easily do 6 themed zones and 2-3 "unofficial" zones if they wanted to try IoA again.

It's going to reach a point where they run out of options and have to branch into IoA because I don't think the higher ups are going to be happy if the park starts reaching capacity and they have to turn people away. That's money they are losing out on because of the park capacity limits. Add in the other park and you virtually double your capacity. 

They won't add IoA because, in theory, people are already planning vacations around IoA with Kong and NuHulk. There's also a lot assumptions in your post that MAY be correct, but I don't think are.

While the concerns about space are extremely valid (crowds are why I don't care to make an effort to attend), going to two parks doesn't open up as much space as you think it will. Universal has never done two "whole" parks and likely never will. The amount of money it cost (labor-wise) to run an attraction and its supporting services are massive, and if you have too much open you start losing money. People don't go to HHN for the rides, so having the rides being the sole focus of your decision making caters to a much smaller portion of the crowds. In this year's case, Universal won't want to run Kong 12 hours a day (just like Gringotts its first year), and can actually make more money by allowing IoA to be run as a separate admission later into the day. This is more how it was in the early aughts (Studios closed after HHN started).

Universal, at this point, I don't think is that concerned about losing money. If they turn people away because they're at max capacity, then you still have a buyer... They just have to come back again. The more profitable decision (which they do) is increase the price. You get just as many people as before, but now they're paying more. The people who can't afford it are replaced by people who can. Once the audience plateaues at that price, you hold and increase capacity as you need to. But they're not at that point yet.

And in regards to increasing capacity, the overall space available at this event doesn't influence capacity all that much. What is available does. More houses, more rides, more restaurants and shows, are what will allow more people. Now, while HHN's budget MAY increase each year, I don't think it's a grandiose an increase you'd expect. Every year almost a planned house gets cut or the streets get curtailed somehow just so a different house (or houses) can make it to the finish. It happened last year, it'll happen this year. Mark it.

They lost a house location, but found a replacement. They lost a queue, but those are incredibly manageable (I think it's going to wrap around the library facade and SS33 this year. While people keep clamoring to return to IoA, Universal isn't. Eventually, they'll have to, but they're nowhere close to that point yet.

• Like 1

#Classic is curious.  If it didn't have that, I'd say they might be announcing Krampus as I think it came out on Digital this week and the BluRay comes out in 2 weeks.

Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2 doesn't come out until Sept.

The Walking Dead already ended and doesn't come back until Oct.

Nothing going on with Killer Klowns, TCM, or any other rumored IPs that I can think of. 

Nothing seems to really tie into a movie related media campaign.  Maybe it will announce Jack's return...or that there will be a 10th house this year...or the return of Penn & Teller...or something else.  Can't wait to find out.

48 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

#Classic is curious.  If it didn't have that, I'd say they might be announcing Krampus as I think it came out on Digital this week and the BluRay comes out in 2 weeks.

Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2 doesn't come out until Sept.

The Walking Dead already ended and doesn't come back until Oct.

Nothing going on with Killer Klowns, TCM, or any other rumored IPs that I can think of. 

Nothing seems to really tie into a movie related media campaign.  Maybe it will announce Jack's return...or that there will be a 10th house this year...or the return of Penn & Teller...or something else.  Can't wait to find out.

Cinemacon is in Vegas right now.

Lionsgate will make a presentation.

Lionsgate is distributing the new TCM film.

So this could be a tie-in with an announcement today.

Possibly.

Another possibility is Killer Klowns which has been talked about as a tv series quite a bit lately.

Could there be a double announcement?