Halloween Horror Nights 26 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

Two things that I would love to see at the event, and always have, is I want to see a heavily Asian themed house because that is an area I feel they haven't touched on much yet. I was so disappointed when the Geisha scarezone was scraped but the small Japanese room in Run gives me hope they could someday do something. Another is I want more video game IPs, especially since IPs aren't going anywhere might as well root for the ones I want. Having Resident Evil and Silent Hill was such a treat, even if they weren't overall the best houses I think the gaming world has a lot to offer to the event. The Evil Within, Until Dawn, The Last of Us, Bioshock just being a few that I would think could be done and were popular enough to be worth HHN getting the rights for. 

...How? I was barely able to do all the mazes with express XD

I went every night, almost. I waited in lines that weren't that long; only doing long waits on the first time I went through the house; or when friends hadn't gone through it.

I waited if they were 45 or under depending how much

YOU AIN'T GOT THE ANSWERS!!! YOU AIN'T GOT THE ANSWERS!

image.gif

I liked the house.

My biggest (nonrealistic) wish is for them to stop running the Superstar Parade from Sept.-Nov. in order for us to have proper scare zones again. Something we haven't seen since 2011. Yes, we still get props and sets, but when's the last time we got something like 20 Years of Fear? Or Asylum in  Wonderland? Or fucking ROBOSAURUS???

The parade can't be THAT big of a thing. The only things I can see being the main purpose of the parade is the M&G they do with the floats in front of Mel's, which they can still do with proper zones, just don't put one in Mel's. And also to drive merch sales. It'd be nice to have a major set design in Hollywood and New York again. But if the choice for budget is either big, expansive zones, or 9-10 all new houses, I'm absolutely picking the houses.

i dont even think you need the budget to be that expensive to have good zones, specially if they just reuse props and sets from before. 

that darn parade, i think i  did it once, do people really love it or something? you would think they would be more worried about making a better HHN event than they care about the parade running for those 2 months. 

I would like to see this line up:

The Shining

Alfred Hitchcock Presents (a collection of his best movie moments)

The Conjuring  (since it seems like everyone expects it.)

Nightingales sequel

Catacombs sequel

Universal Monsters

Urban Legends

3 new orginals

1. Won't happen until A. King changes his mind (they've tried several times, he doesn't want his work featured in a haunted house for whatever reason. Disappointing, but is totally his call, as it's his properties), or B. He dies and the new rights holders allow it. I don't anticipate either scenario happening ever, honestly.

2. It's my understanding that this was thought of at one point, it's a possibility.

3. Murdy flat out hinted that they're at the very least discussing the possibility. I think it's VERY likely (and in Tent 2. Calling it.)

4. I think it's time this happens. They designed the 2011 characters to be repeatable, and it's been 5 years. Bring it on!

5. Doubtful, but a lot of us seem to want it, so maybe they'll listen?

6. They've done them enough, imo. 3 of em got their own house in 09, HoH from 2012, Die In zone, and the scenes in M&M. I say give them a rest for a few years, and then bring them all back in a house that does the UCM movies better justice than the black and white concept of HoH.

7. This is another one I speculated on happening. I feel it's possible, but only if they find a strong enough legend. Chupacabra?

8.-10.I'd love this. My guess is 5 original and 4-5 IP (depending on if we get the 10th house), so I doubt we see this many originals if 2 or more of the above sequels come to fruition. 

that darn parade, i think i  did it once, do people really love it or something? you would think they would be more worried about making a better HHN event than they care about the parade running for those 2 months. 

And there lies the biggest misconception HHN fans have about the event: That HHN is the only thing that matters from September to October.

They still have a park to run that is bringing in far more tourist than HHN is (which is more for the locals). The parade is obviously still getting a high enough rating from guests management doesn't want to touch it. Well, that and there isn't a lot of descent live entertainment at Uni.

So, no. Universal is not more concerned about a "better HHN" because the event is doing gangbusters regardless. And the daytime hours will (and should) always have priority.

• Like 2

I would like to see this line up:

The Shining

Alfred Hitchcock Presents (a collection of his best movie moments)

The Conjuring  (since it seems like everyone expects it.)

Nightingales sequel

Catacombs sequel

Universal Monsters

Urban Legends

3 new orginals

I really want a Hitchcock house. I heard the Poe house a few years back was good. If they can make a house that recreates all of Hitchcocks movies that would be amazing.  

• Like 2

1. Won't happen until A. King changes his mind (they've tried several times, he doesn't want his work featured in a haunted house for whatever reason. Disappointing, but is totally his call, as it's his properties), or B. He dies and the new rights holders allow it. I don't anticipate either scenario happening ever, honestly.

2. It's my understanding that this was thought of at one point, it's a possibility.

3. Murdy flat out hinted that they're at the very least discussing the possibility. I think it's VERY likely (and in Tent 2. Calling it.)

4. I think it's time this happens. They designed the 2011 characters to be repeatable, and it's been 5 years. Bring it on!

5. Doubtful, but a lot of us seem to want it, so maybe they'll listen?

6. They've done them enough, imo. 3 of em got their own house in 09, HoH from 2012, Die In zone, and the scenes in M&M. I say give them a rest for a few years, and then bring them all back in a house that does the UCM movies better justice than the black and white concept of HoH.

7. This is another one I speculated on happening. I feel it's possible, but only if they find a strong enough legend. Chupacabra?

8.-10.I'd love this. My guess is 5 original and 4-5 IP (depending on if we get the 10th house), so I doubt we see this many originals if 2 or more of the above sequels come to fruition. 

Does King own the rights to the Kubrick verison? That's the one I'd prefer.

Also to me Universal Monsters are timeless, I will always rememeber watching the classics with my grandfather when I was about 8 and falling in love with horror. I know they have been done a lot but for my own need for nostalgia I want them to be back.

I really want a Hitchcock house. I heard the Poe house a few years back was good. If they can make a house that recreates all of Hitchcocks movies that would be amazing.  

I got very excited for the rumors about it last year, I was sad that it didn't happen.

Does King own the rights to the Kubrick verison? That's the one I'd prefer.

Kings owns the rights to The Shining. Period. The studio (and Kubrick) purchased the rights from King for the movie. Any use of the Shining requires King's approval.

• Like 1

^Mike has said in the past he loves that movie and wants to do it someday, so I say Klowns is in the realm of possibility. TRT has a sequel in 2017, so that's when I'm betting we see it. Hollywood wants to do it, there's a lot of fans on both coasts asking for it, and it'll be time relevant. 

• Like 1

^Mike has said in the past he loves that movie and wants to do it someday, so I say Klowns is in the realm of possibility. TRT has a sequel in 2017, so that's when I'm betting we see it. Hollywood wants to do it, there's a lot of fans on both coasts asking for it, and it'll be time relevant. 

Hollywood already got KKFOP, its called Clowns 3d. 

How about stuff we haven't seen before? Like original concepts that doesn't deal with anything in the past.

These guys and gals are very talented at what they do and they went BIG this yr (As TJ told me personal, "We had to go big or go home").. they need to top this past yr but the sad thing is (IMO) this was the best yr since 2008. Granted they havent top the 08 storyline but those days are over (Unless you got LT).

So stop thinking about the past elements and think about what new stuff we can see.. the AWIL puppets in a couple yrs ago were amazing cause we never seen them before.. We need to see stuff like that at the event more often

• Like 1

And there lies the biggest misconception HHN fans have about the event: That HHN is the only thing that matters from September to October.

They still have a park to run that is bringing in far more tourist than HHN is (which is more for the locals). The parade is obviously still getting a high enough rating from guests management doesn't want to touch it. Well, that and there isn't a lot of descent live entertainment at Uni.

So, no. Universal is not more concerned about a "better HHN" because the event is doing gangbusters regardless. And the daytime hours will (and should) always have priority.

I would love to see the percentage of tickets during the day in October vs the percentage of tickets during the night (HHN)
As well as the percentage of sales of alcohol and food during the day in October vs the sales at HHN. It makes me curious because I understand what you mean but at the same time, isn't the park like a ghost town during the day in that month? I Know Potter brought more people into the park in general lately, but isn't the park kind of quiet while HHN is going on?

Besides the fact that the park closes at 5? if the day time guests and the parade are that important, you would think they would close the park at 6 or 7 and allow the day time guests to enjoy the park for longer, Im just wondering. 
Don't they close down the Fear Factor stage to do Bill and Ted? Isn't that something that the regular guests will want to do? What happens to the Barney Area when HHN is going on? is it still open? do they take out the lines for the houses while the day guests are in? 
How many things close down to create HHN? I really don't know.  

seems like they close some stuff to make way for HHN, so I don't understand why the parade can take a couple of months vacation. Specially when it seems to me that HHN brings more money than the park does during the day. 

I would love to see the percentage of tickets during the day in October vs the percentage of tickets during the night (HHN)
As well as the percentage of sales of alcohol and food during the day in October vs the sales at HHN. It makes me curious because I understand what you mean but at the same time, isn't the park like a ghost town during the day in that month? I Know Potter brought more people into the park in general lately, but isn't the park kind of quiet while HHN is going on?

Besides the fact that the park closes at 5? if the day time guests and the parade are that important, you would think they would close the park at 6 or 7 and allow the day time guests to enjoy the park for longer, Im just wondering. 
Don't they close down the Fear Factor stage to do Bill and Ted? Isn't that something that the regular guests will want to do? What happens to the Barney Area when HHN is going on? is it still open? do they take out the lines for the houses while the day guests are in? 

seems like they close some stuff to make way for HHN, so I don't understand why the parade can take a couple of months vacation. Specially when it seems to me that HHN brings more money than the park does during the day. 

The only thing that closed for HHN was Fear Factor. No other attractions or shows close for the event. The only other things that would close were Nazerman's, the Discovery Center's lower floor, Thunder Falls Terrace, and Poseidon's Fury in 2004. Nothing since Club Vampyr caused a daytime closure. Remember, Universal cut a house after construction had started because they wanted a new ride for daytime operations.

Daytime operations take priority. One brings in money 365 days a year. HHN is EXTRA. It's the cherry, not the cake.

• Like 1

While I can't provide numbers for ticket sales, food sales, or alcohol sales for Daytime Hours vs. Halloween Horror Night Hours. I can personally confirm a few things.

The crowds ARE a lot thicket during Halloween Horror Nights, I can say that. And everything is open and running, I can confirm that, too. I went to Universal during the day of Halloween, and decided to check out Woody Woodpecker's Playland, simply because I never get to see it running. Everything was on, and open, including the Barney and Curious George areas. Although the Circus Show was still perpetually postponed! The poles for the lines into both The Purge and the Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead were removed for the Daytime and put back in place every single night the event happens.

Fear Factor is closed for Bill and Ted since they take over that stage area, but they still need to work around the exiting set pieces for that stage. So, every year, Bill and Ted will have a different yet similar stage set up!

Yes, the park closes at 5PM so things can be set up for Halloween Horror Nights. But it doesn't stay open that late typically anyway. The parade is a big time staple of the Daytime park, and always gets a big crowd going all the way down the parade's path. Both kids and adults alike seem to enjoy it.  I don't THINK it impacts Halloween Horror Nights much, the parade doesn't occur at night, and those vehicles are parked for the night. But I am curious of something myself. What are those vehicles we see parked on the way into The Walking Dead? (B79 Parade Warehouse) Those are not the same vehicles used during the parade. 

As for Alcohol sales, there are enough people getting drunk to warrant a drunk tank, so they can be processed and arrested by Orlando Police. So pretty hefty sales I would imagine.

Does the parade block traffic for those not interested in it? Yes, but you can still get to where you're trying to go. And Halloween Horror Nights is still a glorious thing for horror fans, and fans of the dark and twisted!

Edited by Space Patrol