Halloween Horror Nights 26 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

Bloody Mary was missing both on the 2010 event and now this one. two times the Icons were shown together and BM is never used. I don't know what will happen with her but uni really shot themselves in the foot by using her in 2008, it should have been an original character instead 

maybe they can change the name like bloody queen or something but I would love to see her back 

• Like 2

maybe they can change the name like bloody queen or something but I would love to see her back 

should be changed to a guy named Bloody Harry lol 

but for real, they would have to change the look too 
Which is why I have always wished they just said she was a doctor now, Doctor Mary Agana. She should have been on the scarezone this year as a ghost doctor. you know?

* Queue videos

* Decorated entrance

* Elaborate website

* Memorable ambient horror soundscapes throughout the park

* Decorations throughout the park to add to atmosphere outside of scare zones

* Immersive scare zones with less actors (so more money can put to the sets)

* An entrance zone that's worthwhile

* A sinister theme / dark icon (eg: The Priest)

* One less house to permit more elaborate house sets

* No IPs

* A story that ties in the event as best as possible

* Removal of carnival games

* No chainsaws (they are old), no zombies, no clowns

* Increased ticket price for an increased budget and to get rid of undesirable guests

* Another dark comedy house a la Home for the Holidays, Leave it to Cleaver, H.R. Bloodngutz, Dungeon of Terror: Retold

* No 3D house

* No repeat of a previous house

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 7

* Queue videos

* Decorated entrance

* Elaborate website

* Memorable ambient horror soundscapes throughout the park

* Decorations throughout the park to add to atmosphere outside of scare zones

* Immersive scare zones with less actors (so more money can put to the sets)

* Less scareactors in scare zones to create more elaborate scare zones

* An entrance zone that's worthwhile

* A sinister theme / dark icon (eg: The Priest)

* One less house to permit more elaborate house sets

* No IPs

* A story that ties in the event as best as possible

* Removal of carnival games

* No chainsaws (they are old), no zombies, no clowns

* Increased ticket price for an increased budget and to get rid of undesirable guests

* Another dark comedy house a la Home for the Holidays, Leave it to Cleaver, H.R. Bloodngutz, Dungeon of Terror: Retold

* No 3D house

* No repeat of a previous house

a forum on their website lol I think chainsaws should stay that's what scares a lot of people 

should be changed to a guy named Bloody Harry lol 
but for real, they would have to change the look too 
Which is why I have always wished they just said she was a doctor now, Doctor Mary Agana. She should have been on the scarezone this year as a ghost doctor. you know?

I was going to lean towards Mary just being a ghost doctor now aswell. If they can't get Bloody Mary, you'd might as well give Mrs. Agana a new form to in-habit in the supernatural world.

I've had two options I stated in a speculation video but i'll just say summarys of both:

Option A;

*Jack and Eddie being Icons leading to a Vs house

*9 Houses (5 IPs, 4 Originals)

*3 Scarezones, 3 Roaming Hoardes

*Two Shows

*New location at MIB Overflow for a house

Option B:

*Mary Agana returning in a new form as a Icon leading to a new house

*Same said for the rest, 9 houses; 6 Street Experiences and 2 shows. Plus the MIB Overflow

• Like 2

On 11/2/2015, 10:04:18, coleman2122 said:

I still, after 3 years, want an AHS house.

Don't expect it. It would be very costly and very difficult for universal to acquire such a property from a rival company.

HHN uses properties from rival companies all the time. Walking Dead (AMC), Freddy vs Jason (New Line), Cabin in the Woods (Lionsgate), Evil Dead (Sony). 

It's mostly speculated that AHS was cut in 2013 is that the show's producers wanted the sexual content in the house and Universal wouldn't allow it. I can't imagine they would allow the death by sodomy scene at HHN.

Since the LT experience this year heavily involved both the lantern and 2008, Perhaps find a way to fuse Dr. Agana with Fear?

Or if they're looking for a simple name change along with a revival of her image akin to 25's Jack, just call her Dr. Agony or simply the Doctor

• Like 1

Bloody Mary can not be used due to some assholes who think they can profit from a legend they will probably never have the creativity to come up with if their lives depended on it. So anything like that is a no no. But Mary Agana is fair game. But is she really worth revisiting? Wasn't the whole draw her being Bloody Mary? The backstory for her wasn't really anything to get googly eyed about. 

AHS is never going to happen either because FOX doesn't like to cooperate and frankly, its past the time of it being profitable. 

the walking dead will probably not happen but we've been wrong for the past 3 years, so I wouldn't be surprised if they try to milk whats left. Lets face it, the walking dead will leave HHN as soon as it stops being profitable.

• Like 2

I hate to be one to burst a bubble, but a simple name change wouldn't allow Universal to Bloody Mary again. They'd have to re-do her look from scratch that doesn't resemble Bobby Weiner's depiction. On a side note, Legendary Truth senior staff has marked the Bloody Mary case, closed. So, unless A&D wanted to make an expanded universe for her, I really don't see a point of her returning. It's sad to hear indeed, as I loved her as an icon.

Anyways, I'd love to see the icons that didn't get the proper icon treatment like The Storyteller, Lady Luck, or The Usher to have their own respective icon status like the other icons had. Heck, I'd be happy with new icons really, as long they are properly used with the event theme and what-not.

Wishlist:

TWO PARKS!!!: The scarezones were so conjested and unenjoyable on Frequent Fear nights. It's going to be worse with two attractions being built. Have most of the houses and crowds in the Studios and let people enjoy the scarezones in Islands.

Hitchcock (Psycho, Vertigo, North By Northwest, The Birds)

Hannibal: In the age of cancelled shows getting new lives (Arrested Development, Twin Peaks, Community) I don't think it's too crazy to see HHN to do something with it

Krampus: Looks like it has a lot of different characters

Nightingales set after a massive earthquake: loved the original and they could reuse Disaster props

Urban Legends Chupacabra: could have some great puppets

Terra Cruentas: Didn't get to see it and it looked awesome

Shaun of the Dead scarezone: could be a fun scarezone and a better use of zombies

Mapping projections: Loved Acid Assault and would love to see it used on Poseidon's Fury if they expand into IOA.

Predictions:

No Icons or Classic Monsters: They did so much with them this year

Franchises: They haven't brought any of the recent ones back for a sequel (except for Havoc) yet so I think we'll see Nightingales, Urban Legends, Catacombs (Peru)

Krampus: Makes a lot of sense

Big Slasher Brand: They sell a lot of Myers/Freddy/Jason merch. My guess would be Hannibal Lecter or doing the Halloween house again. Chucky had a lot of merchandise presence this year but I don't think they could much else than a scarezone or the 2009 house.

Walking Dead/The Purge: Enjoyed them before but I'm done. Probably will come down to a marketing and merchandise decision.

Shot in the dark prediction: A PG13 Beetlejuice show! I assume they'll have a the rights for a while and the movie is way darker and risque than the daytime show.

• Like 1

A time travel house? NOT Ip based but that could be cool.

I would prefer a "lost in time" zone where a rift opens up and spills various creatures into the park.

Aside from original stuff... I'd love to see

Cooties

Ghostbusters

(I have to echo these two)

The Final Girls

Scream Queens

lucky, you an actor?

Scareactors are lucky to see all the houses once.

• Like 1

^This.

What if the studios were taken over by H.R. Bloodengutz? Each of the four normal sound stages could house one of his twisted productions. This would open up a world of original content!

I actually messaged Mike last year with Bloodengutz sequel idea "Reality Terror-Vision." Basically, after he's arrested and taken to Hellgate Penitentiary (because of course he was) he becomes obsessed with reality TV. 

Biggest Loser - Contestants are sawing off limbs to lose weight.

Survivor - Angry tribesmen attack the contestants 

Top Chef - Cannibals

etc.

It ends with a HR starting a prison riot for the show Scared Straight.

• Like 6

What do I want to see at HHN 26?

Icon/9 houses/6 scare zones/3 shows

~House Location~
i dont see a house going into MIB extended queue unless they can handle the B&T crowds after each shows.

~Icon~
Some how A&D need to convence the ppl who write the checks an icon is worth it... And if they do get the approval to do one it has to be an icon we never seen before. Also he or she has to be on the merchandise just like Jack was this past yr

~House ideas~
No TWD nor any other IP's we have had in the past.. Lets see something new to the event again (Same goes towards originals)

• Like 1

There is no conceivable way to do a house in MiB based on just where they would put the queue for it and MiB during the day. Let's assume they start construction in July, which is later than they ever start. It's still the middle of summer, and MiB still gets up to 60 min waits on busy days due to crowds/ being right next to Diagon. Add in the fact that the park continues to grow in popularity, Twister and Disaster are lost capacity, and KONG/ nuHulk will be pulling people in, and you're gonna see a problem with not having most of the queue for MiB. Then for HHN, where could they possibly put a queue/entrance? I mean there's very limited backstage area by it for a queue, but I just don't see it happening.

However, if there's no conceivable way to control 9 houses plus their queues with all the construction going on, then 2 parks is actually a necessity this time around. 4 SSs, both tents, and parade building for houses. Then 2 SSs on the IoA side, and Poseidon as a 10th house. Have ONLY Hogsmeade, LC and Seuss (for SS entrances) open. Leave the rest of the park open for daytime guests till 7. After 7, possibly open JP and Kong for HHN guests.  B&T in FFL, new show in Sinbad, Horror Makeup Show open, and possibly a show in Animal Actors, if it's still there. They just won't do the entirety of both parks, as that's an absurd amount of walking/ security/ TMs/etc. etc. But having mostly USF plus half of IoA with Hogwarts Express open could work. 

There's gonna be a LOT of logistics to work out this year. And very possibly a lot of walking for us. Very exciting to be going into a speculation year when there's legitimate reasoning to believe there's gonna be a major change to the event layout for the first time in 10 years!

• Like 3

There is no conceivable way to do a house in MiB based on just where they would put the queue for it and MiB during the day. Let's assume they start construction in July, which is later than they ever start. It's still the middle of summer, and MiB still gets up to 60 min waits on busy days due to crowds/ being right next to Diagon. Add in the fact that the park continues to grow in popularity, Twister and Disaster are lost capacity, and KONG/ nuHulk will be pulling people in, and you're gonna see a problem with not having most of the queue for MiB. Then for HHN, where could they possibly put a queue/entrance? I mean there's very limited backstage area by it for a queue, but I just don't see it happening.

However, if there's no conceivable way to control 9 houses plus their queues with all the construction going on, then 2 parks is actually a necessity this time around. 4 SSs, both tents, and parade building for houses. Then 2 SSs on the IoA side, and Poseidon as a 10th house. Have ONLY Hogsmeade, LC and Seuss (for SS entrances) open. Leave the rest of the park open for daytime guests till 7. After 7, possibly open JP and Kong for HHN guests.  B&T in FFL, new show in Sinbad, Horror Makeup Show open, and possibly a show in Animal Actors, if it's still there. They just won't do the entirety of both parks, as that's an absurd amount of walking/ security/ TMs/etc. etc. But having mostly USF plus half of IoA with Hogwarts Express open could work. 

There's gonna be a LOT of logistics to work out this year. And very possibly a lot of walking for us. Very exciting to be going into a speculation year when there's legitimate reasoning to believe there's gonna be a major change to the event layout for the first time in 10 years!

This is my dream right there. I really really wish they would do this (since I missed on the IOA HHN years) and whenever someone brings up plans like this, it really makes me sad because I know the reality is Universal will probably never ever do both parks again. 

• Like 1

I remember back in 2010 when the tagline was "A New Era of Darkness Begins", I was really hoping for five new icons and do the same that they did for fear. Except of course create something other than Fear. Maybe have it be "Darkness". Once we get the five new icons have Darkness' minions and Fear's minions battle it out for HHN 30 having Fear in one park and Darkness in the other with a war zone scarezone connecting the two parks. Right now there is no possible way to get 5 icons before the 30th year so maybe for 26 we could see Eddie and Cindy be the icons as they were both pushed aside if you will. I know that this is wishful thinking for 26 but I've always had this idea since 20 and I think it would be pretty incredible if it were to happen.

• Like 1

This is my dream right there. I really really wish they would do this (since I missed on the IOA HHN years) and whenever someone brings up plans like this, it really makes me sad because I know the reality is Universal will probably never ever do both parks again. 

Because even if it didn't require massive shifts in logistics backstage, the experience wouldn't be as fantastic as everyone hopes.

• Like 2