ICONS: HHN

Mark M.

21312368578_bde1ee44d4_o.thumb.jpg.e3af1f47796f51c42ad2dedbf21b814f.jpg

It’s time to take a look back in history and come face-to-face with the icons from our past. Iconic characters from the event’s 25 year history such as The Caretaker, The Storyteller, The Director and more will be found roaming the streets of Hollywood. I’ve even heard The Rat Lady will be making her grand return!

Whether event Icons or iconic characters they will roam this area. With special kill moments! For Caretaker Director Storyteller and Usher!

I can't believe they couldn't come up with any better name for this zone other than "Icons" ... oh well ... either way ... when it says "more" who do you expect do show up? Lady Luck? Terra Queen?

Honestly, a lot of the house names this year don't do much for me. Hoping the content is better. So they said they'll have

kills by each icon
which could be cool. Edited by criticalanalysis

Yeah, that's a botched name. But you know what they say, don't judge a book by it's cover, don't judge a HHN house / zone based on it's title. Tomato, Tomoto. 

Looking forward to this one. I'm wondering who we'll see besides the icon. I hoping for a Lady Luck appearance myself, but I'm weird. 

• Like 1

Oh GOD I am excited for this scare zone!!! I am really crossing my fingers that We'll see Bloody Mary appear in this zone!!!! God I miss her....

They can't use Bloody Mary, she's trademarked by someone else.  But they can have some of the characters from that year.

They can't use Bloody Mary, she's trademarked by someone else.  But they can have some of the characters from that year.

I am still royally confused as to how someone could trademark an urban legend. It's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. Well they could still bring her back, just as Mary Agana. 

• Like 3

Oh GOD I am excited for this scare zone!!! I am really crossing my fingers that We'll see Bloody Mary appear in this zone!!!! God I miss her....

Wait.. Someone actually liked Bloody Mary!!?!? Kidding..well only half kidding!

As far as people complaining about this scarezone name... At least we're not getting Iconz.

That sounds a little better actually! This name sounds rather dull.. haha

I love the icons.. stone me for it if you must but I am excited to see them come back! I have heard nothing but complaints about it being too soon for the icons to come back but, well... I've missed them! You can't have too much of a good thing...right? ;)

Bobby Weiner, the owner of the name and aesthetics of Bloody Mary has the licensing rights on the market currently, last time I heard. If that is true, then there's a possibility of seeing Bloody Mary again at the event.

I'm also very excited for this scare zone. Seeing the icon banners on Hollywood Blvd has me giddy like a kid on Christmas morning. 

I hope to see La Llorona, Lady Luck, Eddie, Cindy, and maybe characters from the Asylum in Wonderland scare zone make an appearance! 

• Like 1

i never understood why they didnt just use Dr Mary Agana and just have her dressed like a crazy doctor instead

Edited by clash

Bobby Weiner, the owner of the name and aesthetics of Bloody Mary has the licensing rights on the market currently, last time I heard. If that is true, then there's a possibility of seeing Bloody Mary again at the event.

Well thank God!! At least there is still some hope!! I never got a chance back during Reflections of Fear to see her in person because it was my first year and I was about 11, so I was afraid to go into the houses. That's why I've been begging the Halloween gods to bring Bloody Mary back to HHN so I have a chance to see her. Crossing my fingers that my wishes come true. I am also in high hopes that The Headless Horseman makes a triumphant return. 

• Like 2

Hopefully we get a representation to every icon and year if we are getting a bore of a name as this. Maybe to simplify it for the GP? Maybe Cryptkeeper, Dr Agana but name her something typical like Crazy Doctor so only fans know it, Lady Luck, Terra Queen, Knightmare (from 2002), Crazed Asylum Breaking Point Maniac (from 2004), Cindy, Eddie, Treak and Foon, and even FEAR if you want but I want a huge representation from small icons to huge but mostly from the past for this zone to work. If it's just going to be a copy and paste of 7 and Face Off with generic minions it will be boring and a waste of time.

• Like 1

Well thank God!! At least there is still some hope!! I never got a chance back during Reflections of Fear to see her in person because it was my first year and I was about 11, so I was afraid to go into the houses. That's why I've been begging the Halloween gods to bring Bloody Mary back to HHN so I have a chance to see her. Crossing my fingers that my wishes come true. I am also in high hopes that The Headless Horseman makes a triumphant return. 

Reflections of Fear was my first year and in my opinion the best year (that I've attended obviously). Bloody Mary was such a great icon and you could feel her presence throughout the whole park. Almost all of the houses that year were amazing (sadly, the ROF house lacked....it didn't really give BM justice.). I could seriously go on and on about HHN2008. 

I would love to see Bloody Mary back at HHN someday (I was excited to see her in the. Hallow'd Past back in 2010 and her head made an appearance in Leave It To Cleaver back in 2009 if I'm not mistaken) , but if they can't use Bloody Mary then maybe they should just use Dr Mary Agana (Agana is blood in Latin after all). 

• Like 2

God I hope so. I mean, obvs I want to see them all but BM is one that I actually really miss 

• Like 1

Fans of the Storyteller, Caretaker, Usher and Director HHN icons are going to dedicate a good amount of time at Icons: HHN (Hollywood). Expect to see elaborately designed stages like the Face Off scare zone featured last year in the same area, but with a twist. Throughout the night, you’ll be able to see your favorite characters doing live kills on their stages. Each icon will showcase with two killings during a 45-minute set.

Just saw the media preview, and

I am disappointed to find out that it's just basically 2006's "The Arrival" but multiple sets and switch out Jack for Usher. That "Usher Head Bash" that Laura Wallace described will likely be the same as the one in 2007's Carnival of Carnage" show.

• Mark M. changed the title to ICONS: HHN