RUN: Blood, Sweat, and Fears

Mark M.

Whichever cast went on at 11:45 PM last night was my preferred cast. The Germans on that cast are great and everyone was pumped as hell during cast change walking to the house. "Final Countdown" had started playing as they passed by the queue, which is what really got me excited for this one.

They still need to figure out their roles a bit and get some more energy to have some fun, but I honestly really enjoyed going through it. Remember how the 2006 Run was Hostel with the serial numbers filed off? This year it's The Running Man. It mixes darker and gorier stuff (like the Hellgate setting) with extreme levels of 80s.

• Like 1

Whichever cast went on at 11:45 PM last night was my preferred cast. The Germans on that cast are great and everyone was pumped as hell during cast change walking to the house. "Final Countdown" had started playing as they passed by the queue, which is what really got me excited for this one.

They still need to figure out their roles a bit and get some more energy to have some fun, but I honestly really enjoyed going through it. Remember how the 2006 Run was Hostel with the serial numbers filed off? This year it's The Running Man. It mixes darker and gorier stuff (like the Hellgate setting) with extreme levels of 80s.

I figured as such. The logo had all the 80s tropes (Chrome text, neon grid, etc.) and the setup sounds like Running Man sans Arnie. 

Also, Final Countdown is part of the soundtrack? Fitting because of Disaster's final HHN outing and the theme of the house. Given the international theme of the Reapers, makes you wonder why it wasn't called Around the World in 80 Slays. (Rimshot) 

• Like 1

the one run i had was pretty bad, of the whole house i only saw actors in 3 rooms, and no, it was't cast change either (i saw the actors go in way before my turn)

it feels like it is taking too long for the actors to come out,  or something. I wanted to see the people in front of me or behind getting scared but for most of the house no one really got scared (besides those 3 times) pretty weird actually. 

the one run i had was pretty bad, of the whole house i only saw actors in 3 rooms, and no, it was't cast change either (i saw the actors go in way before my turn)

it feels like it is taking too long for the actors to come out,  or something. I wanted to see the people in front of me or behind getting scared but for most of the house no one really got scared (besides those 3 times) pretty weird actually. 

That sounds extremely unusual.

That sounds extremely unusual.

That's happened 3/4 times for me so far. Not a lot of great spots for the actors, and the good spots need more energy from them. The house is ok, but nothing special.  Doesn't fly in a year with 5 STRONG houses, and 2 great ones. This and TWD are the low marks so far. Was hoping for a better maze out of this. 

• Like 2

A house like this needs some over the top scareactors that know their roles. This one has potential to be a quality house, and from what I saw in a walkthrough, maybe because it's dark, but given the popularity of stuff like Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon and Kung Fury, they could have incorporated elements of those in this house. The logo screamed Kung Fury, and the queue did a decent job at conveying the feel, but the actual house, yeah, it could be more chaotic. 

I really don't mind not getting scared as long as I can see the people around me getting scared or if I can at least see the actors.

this house will probably get better, but cast change was 20 minutes earlier and I still never saw most of the actors in the house.

this house would benefit from having a havoc type of energy. I think.

Edited by clash
  • Like 3

Out of 4 runs, only 1 was fun. This house is prime for chaos and intensity, and they're just not bringing that. They shoukd pump some heavy music in some of the scenes to get the energy going, and the casts seriously need to step it up. 

and the candy room for USA (supposedly) is incredibly stupid. And I'm also not a fan of the first room and Ol' Smokey room. Having actors out in the open is just a bad idea. It never works, yet they continue to do it. Even Asylum does it, and it's disappointing when they can never get great scares.

• Like 1

The lack of intensity might just be because of opening weekend. As the event progresses, we might get better runs, no pun intended. If nothing else, the queue video and soundtrack is amazing, but this one kind of gets upstaged by M&M and Body Collectors, and I'd say Freddy Vs. Jason but only because I am a huge fan of those films. 

Could it be an A/B cast thing where one cast is more enthusiastic than the other, hence the inconsistency? I remember in Andrew's video that they said his cast was crazy enough to where one of the managers jokingly told them she'd have to keep an eye on them. IIRC he was one of the Blitzkrieg Bros. 

I wasn't planning on going back in this one for a few weeks, but I think I'll run through tonight to try and find the GATs. I was looking all over the place in this house last weekend, didn't see any..

Exactly my thoughts, too funny.  We're going over for just a little while tonight and had planned on skipping this.  But now I'm curious to see if it's in there.

I wasn't planning on going back in this one for a few weeks, but I think I'll run through tonight to try and find the GATs. I was looking all over the place in this house last weekend, didn't see any..

fair warning, I  asked a friend working this house about GTA's in the house said he had heard a rumor about them but that he hadn't actually seen any himself

My guess is they're not too obvious. Some might be part of the set like in Bloodengutz's President's Day room, but I'd suspect they'd be hidden like in Echoes of Shadybrook. RUN seems like it'd be the most likely to have some GATs in it given the idea of the house, but I don't remember any discernible ones through my runthrough.