HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

One other thing he told me was that they wanted to bring Saw back. They wanted to put it in different location, make it longer and do some different scenes. Accordingly LG was keen for this to happen as Saw 7 comes out in Oct. He said last he knew this was "definitely off the cards for the foreseeable". So you never know, accordingly guest feedback was extremely positive about this house last year.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regretfully, I didn't get to go into the Saw house last year. The line was, at the least, 90 minutes long and from everything I heard, unless you were a die-hard fan of the series, you wouldn't appreciate the house. I've seen all the Saw movies and they were OK.

I wasn't really super excited for the house to begin with. I can understand that Universal might want to bring it back since it's such a big money maker, but two years in a row? Eh...I'm skeptical :/

I just got out of the Pigeon forge Titanic Museum (Really awesome BTW)

and I got this awesome idea from them for Fritanic if Uni does it.

The have a stair well where the lights flicker on and off and water is pouring in down the stairs. It was a really neat effect.

Edited by JWFearman

Maybe they can celebrate next year by having free drinks all night?

And then the entire city of Orlando gets arrested.

That would be awesome! i don't live in Orlando; the park would be MINE!!!

(insert evil laugh)

Regretfully, I didn't get to go into the Saw house last year. The line was, at the least, 90 minutes long and from everything I heard, unless you were a die-hard fan of the series, you wouldn't appreciate the house. I've seen all the Saw movies and they were OK.

I wasn't really super excited for the house to begin with. I can understand that Universal might want to bring it back since it's such a big money maker, but two years in a row? Eh...I'm skeptical :/

I went to the SAW house after a whopping 2 hour wait and it was'nt worth it To me it was the weakest of the houses from last year. But I think that if they do athis in the soundstage iand makes some improvements to the setting it would really work.

Wow so far as I read a lot of these things, I see Nothing Original...Is all people wants are remake of Old ideas and Movies? Also I don't see JMR wanting to make a Center Piece of NOES and FT13th, I have to Call BS on that Idea. I would think people would want to see original Houses and unique scares Not recycled ideas over and over again.

Frightantic I saw a mention of was an Original concept and was 2 houses split in to 1 building Fear in First class and Carnage Crew and had the most amazing centerpiece Ever. If you want to see What HHN used to be like asked anyone who saw those days. I have seen the Original Houses That people say they Heard about and Most were as amazing as they were talked about. except the Original RUN the people who did that House will tell you if HHN did that again people would be pissed. It was all dark, with Strobe lights and Fencing, That was it no real sets just dark and flashes of Light.

ScreamHouse is and Was a classic the theme fit the Event perfect the rest of the houses from HHN 12 are forgettable and rated as some of the Worst ever. Screamhouse Revisited which was done the following year was Not as good as the Original. The Original All Night Drive In was another well done if not almost perfect house were the sets flowed perfect from one Horror Icon Movie to another. Scary tales another classic that the sequel the next year didn't feel as good.

The odd thing is when Universal does a 3rd version of a House they seem to better then most 2nd Versions.

I want to see Universal Push the envelope and try some different things this year some new concepts and Try to start the next 20 years as a new Benchmark in originality and Horror. For the large number of you who have only found this event in the last 3-5 years it is not the event it was when they did make the park into more of a dark and scary place. It wasn't bars and shot girls and lines that were insane. They used to sell out nights and actually kicked people out who deserved to be.

So lets see some Original thoughts and not rehashes.

If the parade building is a "scrapbook house" of years past. Here's a list of themes that I think would work in this house

Body Collectors

SCream House

The Thing

Psychoscarepy

Psycho Path

I also think that rooms based on icons would work as well. But I think also believe that scarezones should be incorporated as well.> Like:

War of the Dead

Asylum in Wonderland

War of the Dead

Field of Screams

Fright Yard

Midway of the Bizarre

Like Mae said, there actually are 20 years of the event...

The event doesn't run like a human being. There have been 19 events therefore it will be 20 this September/October. So the title is appropriate.

If HHN 21 gave out free drinks, I think the event would be turned around. It would be the scareactors who have to be afraid :blink:

Also, if truth be told, Universal could (and should, IMO) call the event 100 Years of Fear. They began making horror movies sometime in the 1910-1920 era with Lon Sr and Tod Browning, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame was released in 1922.

Tho I think "A Century of Terror" sounds better....

Mae

Edited by Mae

Your worst fear? That's unfortunate since HHN XX will have a World War 3 theme, with real , live nukes!

I guess you won't be able to go. Darn it.

Oh, you remember me, eh?

Well, let's just say my fears are a LITTLE outdated, I admit....

But still, I hope one of their houses is a nostalgia house so my mom will be happy. (She LOVED the Shadows Of The Past scarezone last year.)

Wow so far as I read a lot of these things, I see Nothing Original...Is all people wants are remake of Old ideas and Movies? Also I don't see JMR wanting to make a Center Piece of NOES and FT13th, I have to Call BS on that Idea. I would think people would want to see original Houses and unique scares Not recycled ideas over and over again.

So lets see some Original thoughts and not rehashes.

You're entitled to your opinion, however, it is clear that the GP are more attracted to franchises and characters they know and are familiar with. As HHN is done to make money and not just for the fans, pursuit of the dollar they will go...

In respond to your JMR comment, anyone who "knows" him, knows that he is the biggest movie geek ever and he LOVES working with characters that he has adored since he was very young. Since leaving Uni he has been working on a show with the Marvel X-Men characters in Germany (and other projects), so in answer to your statement, the man is very passionate about movies.

Uh oh stand back everybody the good doctor is about to let out a giant (maybe) rant!

So I've the speculation thread and I'm notcing people want remakes or rehashes of past stuff. Why dont you guys really want something original? The fear of the unknown is a very good scare tactic cause you really dont know whats coming. Yes we all love certain Houses/SZ cause where comfortable with them, but if they do something new you dont know what to except. Now if we have returning houses your almost guaranteed to know what its going to be, even if its a new story. Hell for example lets look at Body Collectors, for starters we know well have the gentleman, and two well have a spinal cord room. So already you know what most of the house is. Same thing with Screamhouse, we know in almost every room will feature Albert in some form of fashion.

So maybe having an original storyline could do wonders, hell TJ made the Skoolhouse the central part of the 08 story. Did anybody see that coming? Nope!

Plus Roddy loved horror movies, who doeesnt, but these days you need to get approve for them in some shape or fashion (back in the 90s thru 03 that wasnt the case). It takes a lot of time to get the rights, plus a lot of money. So maybe this yr we wont have a movie base house nor any movie characters. They could use the money they need to buy those characters and put it right back into the event. They can fix up houses, give us better merch, or even add stuff to the site. Remember they do have a certain amount of budget and cant go over it.

I also think this thread is one giant wish list and will get only worse.

You're entitled to your opinion, however, it is clear that the GP are more attracted to franchises and characters they know and are familiar with. As HHN is done to make money and not just for the fans, pursuit of the dollar they will go...

In respond to your JMR comment, anyone who "knows" him, knows that he is the biggest movie geek ever and he LOVES working with characters that he has adored since he was very young. Since leaving Uni he has been working on a show with the Marvel X-Men characters in Germany (and other projects), so in answer to your statement, the man is very passionate about movies.

I agree he is passionate about movies..But he is an Original Person and doing a remake of 2 Already Established franchises as a house is very strange. This is a Man who brought US Jack and worked on Shows at Both Universal and Busch. So I think he would be aimed at making a very Original House as the Center Piece of the event... Seen to much of his work to think he would go to 2 horror Franchise as a Center piece....

Exactly. I dont want to sound like an ass or like a "wanna be mod" or something, but this is a speculation thread...Not a "I want to see this and that but not that". This thread is meant to speculate on the info we know.

Uh oh stand back everybody the good doctor is about to let out a giant (maybe) rant!

So I've the speculation thread and I'm notcing people want remakes or rehashes of past stuff. Why dont you guys really want something original?

Just quoted parts of your post.

The remake/rehash all starts from the concept of "Anniversary/Reunion". That's ALL we have right now, that's ALL we know. The one thing about speculation (and we go through this every year) is that it WILL contain things people WISH for, based on what we KNOW!

We all might WANT ORIGINAL, but going by the 20th Anniversary, and even the tag line of "Twenty Years of Fear" ideas of REUSING old concepts from Houses, Scare Zones, and even Icons will be in people's minds.

We need to respect the speculation of others regardless if YOU like the idea or not, regardless if it's ORIGINAL or NOT. As stated previously, we all get a little anxious around this time as we wait for that little bit of OFFICIAL information to come out, hopefully through a site update.

Regarding Roddy. I think we can end the debate on if his ideas will be involved at HHN XX (knowing his resume says he had a part in HHN XX), why? We'll never know for sure unless MJR or another member of A&D says "Yes, some of Roddy's ideas are/were a part of the event".

Let's get back to speculating on what we THINK WILL happen at the event this year based on what we KNOW.

I'v been thinking about the reunion speculation. This reunion could possibly not include some of the icons, but reunions

of certain icons and the person to be reunited with. Jack and Eddie, Cindy and the Caretaker, or an icon with some one we

have yet to be formally greeted with.

Another thing I'v been wondering about is the hhn site. It states a new era of darkness. Could this mean that the people

having the reunion stepping it up and opening the flood gates? Could the flood gates be filled with the past,

or the remains of the past that have been butchered into something even more terrifying?

Lol I gave that idea earlier in the thread, I like the father daughter reunion of Albert and Cindy. But just everyone remember please; The speculation thread is meant for the sharing of ideas. That means everyones ideas, old or new. We are only sharing ideas from what we know so far, which isn't that much. With more details, we will be able to focus and be more precise and accurate with our ideas, but for now, opinions really do count.

Also, about the entire Roddy conversation, it doesn't really matter. Unless Roddy or someone else would like to comment on why he left, or what he put into HHN 20, we will never know.

(Apologies for my contrite behavior)

Now back to speculation. The idea of reunion can really mean a lot of things. In general many think of a family reunion, thus incorporating all icons into the event. But there are reunions such as a father and his daughter, a brother with his brother, or any loved ones for that matter. Incorporating the idea of the tree, I see that it may be the representation of all our icons being connected for some reason, whether it be by blood, a common trait, or goal. Going of tangent, but usually a reunion coincides with "Communion", not meant to be taken in religous terms. But communion, in a literal point of view, means that when the people join together, it usually represents a bond. This usually happens, in literature while eating. Eating is essential, we all do it, but it is more than that. Note how the four icons of 16 were all around a cake to celebrate HHN. That is their communion. So this could be represented in HHN 20.

Another idea of reunion really shocked me in similarity. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460672/ <-- this link actually goes to a series called... "Reunion". It is funny that it is a suspense series. It takes place for a highschool reunion, (the 20th year if I may add), and one person is murdered. The rest are put on trial. What if HHN is like this. Kind of like a "clue" who dunnit? kind of thing? I know its not that creative, but it is original.

Lastly, I am going back to "arts and crafts". Of course, I earlier posted about arts and crafts being about either "Darkarts and Witchcraft", or the work of Cindy. I am now leaning towards Cindy. It makes sense in almost all sections. I mean, a reunion with her father, Arts and Crafts being a play thing for her. Shady Oaks is not only the name of Alberts Graveyard, but its also a "tree"(oak tree). And shady kinda gives itself away. Plus, the funeral home was burnt down, and what comes after fire? A birth of new life, a renewal from new soil, also usually identified with a tree. Renewal being a "new era of darkness", what if Cindy takes over her fathers job?

Now I am sorry if I rambled on, but these are just some things I have been holding in and could not let myself contain it anymore.

Thanks for reading

Edited by Sohrin

So I've the speculation thread and I'm notcing people want remakes or rehashes of past stuff. Why dont you guys really want something original? The fear of the unknown is a very good scare tactic cause you really dont know whats coming. Yes we all love certain Houses/SZ cause where comfortable with them, but if they do something new you dont know what to except. Now if we have returning houses your almost guaranteed to know what its going to be, even if its a new story. Hell for example lets look at Body Collectors, for starters we know well have the gentleman, and two well have a spinal cord room. So already you know what most of the house is. Same thing with Screamhouse, we know in almost every room will feature Albert in some form of fashion.

So maybe having an original storyline could do wonders, hell TJ made the Skoolhouse the central part of the 08 story. Did anybody see that coming? Nope!

Plus Roddy loved horror movies, who doeesnt, but these days you need to get approve for them in some shape or fashion (back in the 90s thru 03 that wasnt the case). It takes a lot of time to get the rights, plus a lot of money. So maybe this yr we wont have a movie base house nor any movie characters. They could use the money they need to buy those characters and put it right back into the event. They can fix up houses, give us better merch, or even add stuff to the site. Remember they do have a certain amount of budget and cant go over it.

I more than agree with you. It's just that with this being the 20th a lot of us (including me I admit) are automaticly jumping into rehashes. But a completely orginal event would be better and not just for the element of surprise either.

At least this year is going a bit to that route with the greek house that's rumored. I hope they usher in the new era with new orginal houses.

Yeah, i know, i even wrote before that I wish the icons were not used in the next couple of years, at least the next 5 years or more.

I would also love new houses, but like everyone else just said, reunion means reusing,

I would have No problem at all if they want to reuse stuff, as long as everything about the house (The story, the sets, the way props are used) is all new ideas. I agree that when they remake a house you already know whats gonna happened, is like a remake of a movie, you know exactly whats going to happen.

But that's exactly what i mean, some movies are remade and are completely different than the original, The Thing and Texas Chainsaw Massacre come to mind, So if they keep redoing houses, i also wish that is really different from the original.

I agree he is passionate about movies..But he is an Original Person and doing a remake of 2 Already Established franchises as a house is very strange. This is a Man who brought US Jack and worked on Shows at Both Universal and Busch. So I think he would be aimed at making a very Original House as the Center Piece of the event... Seen to much of his work to think he would go to 2 horror Franchise as a Center piece....

He won't be making it the centrepiece of the event as he doesn't work there and they have gone with something else.

You have to appreciate that franchise owners like NOES, F13, Coke, Burger King, whatever - fall over themselves to be associated with a large event like this.

What also goes against your theory is HHN18, JMR was the one who passionately argued for the Doomsday movie to be used - yet the event was completely non-movie focused.

Whatever they are up to this year, it is safe to say there won't be much if any movie based or connected houses/scarezones.

I think we're all be pleasantly surprised at what they are up to... ;-)

You know, I've been doing some thinking (sorry if this is off topic of the whole JMR convo)

I was flipping through the HHN wiki today, reading over their past SZ and haunted houses and theres alot of possibilties that havent been discussed. I mean...the Bates house, for example. They used that ALOT back in the beginning of the event: you think they might do an updated version for the event?

Another thing: do you think they'll bring back Robosaurus for the festivities? I know we haven't seen him with Sweet 16, but if this is indeed a reunion year, then it would be fitting. Like I said, just thot hah

You know, I've been doing some thinking (sorry if this is off topic of the whole JMR convo)

I was flipping through the HHN wiki today, reading over their past SZ and haunted houses and theres alot of possibilties that havent been discussed. I mean...the Bates house, for example. They used that ALOT back in the beginning of the event: you think they might do an updated version for the event?

Another thing: do you think they'll bring back Robosaurus for the festivities? I know we haven't seen him with Sweet 16, but if this is indeed a reunion year, then it would be fitting. Like I said, just thot hah

I don't believe they have Robosaurus anymore.

I don't post very often, but I've been trying to see how everything we "know" (or think we know) and the placeholder website might just be tied together. I'm going with the idea that Cindy is going to be a pivotal character in this year's event and that her father, Albert Caine, is trying to raise her (or has already risen her) from the dead. I'll try to keep this brief (I know it is hard for me), but I'm a person who likes to gather information and analyze it before just rambling about tons of ideas; I guess that's the science background talking.

So . . . we know that Cindy is dead and that Albert has been investigating ways to find the souls of his poor victims, right? What if this year is all about Albert Caine searching through the years past of HHN to find a proper soul for his daughter. Think about it. Why did Universal give us those four specific pictures on the updated site? I really don't think it is random. Dr. Caine is searching places such as the Island of Immortal SOULS (Nightmare) and the Harvest of SOULS (Punpkin Head) as a starting point; it is also not a coincidence that these were represented in last year's Shadows of the Past scarezone. The next piece of the puzzle, how to make the sacrifice to bring Cindy back? Easy, use Eelmouth who welcomed people to the Terra Queen throne (part tree) to make sacrifices for her so that she can contine to live. It is also in the backstory that the Terra Queen comes back every five years, which would be very convenient since this marks the fifth year since 2005.

Now, for the other characters in the scarezone last year . . . the gentleman, the skool kid, and the vampire are merely secondary characters whose souls can be used to make the sacrifice. It's not by chance that Albert and Cindy Caine were the only two main "icons" walking around on the ground; Albert as if he was looking for someone and Cindy as if she was just brought back from the dead to join the HHN party. He was literally searching through HHNs past to find the proper soul. It also makes sense that Jack led us into the scarezone as he was the first icon in the modern HHN timeframe and that Julian was ushering us out of the scarezone as he was the most recent icon. He also held a flashlight to help Albert find his soul from both the physical beings (scareactors in the scarezone) and the audio "beings" (the sounds from the audio track).

I can see this year having Icon houses (reimmagined, of course) that represent us voyaging along with Dr. Caine on his quest. Screamhouse has been one of the best series of houses and I can see it, or the infamous tree that has been discussed time and again) being the (if not one of the) main "icons" this year. However, I am still going back on my hunch that I have posted before regarding the Skoolhouse. I really think it will make its reappearance this year given its significance in 2008.

Sorry this was so long - I hope it made some sort of sense.

-- Voorhees

I don't post very often, but I've been trying to see how everything we "know" (or think we know) and the placeholder website might just be tied together. I'm going with the idea that Cindy is going to be a pivotal character in this year's event and that her father, Albert Caine, is trying to raise her (or has already risen her) from the dead. I'll try to keep this brief (I know it is hard for me), but I'm a person who likes to gather information and analyze it before just rambling about tons of ideas; I guess that's the science background talking.

So . . . we know that Cindy is dead and that Albert has been investigating ways to find the souls of his poor victims, right? What if this year is all about Albert Caine searching through the years past of HHN to find a proper soul for his daughter. Think about it. Why did Universal give us those four specific pictures on the updated site? I really don't think it is random. Dr. Caine is searching places such as the Island of Immortal SOULS (Nightmare) and the Harvest of SOULS (Punpkin Head) as a starting point; it is also not a coincidence that these were represented in last year's Shadows of the Past scarezone. The next piece of the puzzle, how to make the sacrifice to bring Cindy back? Easy, use Eelmouth who welcomed people to the Terra Queen throne (part tree) to make sacrifices for her so that she can contine to live. It is also in the backstory that the Terra Queen comes back every five years, which would be very convenient since this marks the fifth year since 2005.

Now, for the other characters in the scarezone last year . . . the gentleman, the skool kid, and the vampire are merely secondary characters whose souls can be used to make the sacrifice. It's not by chance that Albert and Cindy Caine were the only two main "icons" walking around on the ground; Albert as if he was looking for someone and Cindy as if she was just brought back from the dead to join the HHN party. He was literally searching through HHNs past to find the proper soul. It also makes sense that Jack led us into the scarezone as he was the first icon in the modern HHN timeframe and that Julian was ushering us out of the scarezone as he was the most recent icon. He also held a flashlight to help Albert find his soul from both the physical beings (scareactors in the scarezone) and the audio "beings" (the sounds from the audio track).

I can see this year having Icon houses (reimmagined, of course) that represent us voyaging along with Dr. Caine on his quest. Screamhouse has been one of the best series of houses and I can see it, or the infamous tree that has been discussed time and again) being the (if not one of the) main "icons" this year. However, I am still going back on my hunch that I have posted before regarding the Skoolhouse. I really think it will make its reappearance this year given its significance in 2008.

Sorry this was so long - I hope it made some sort of sense.

-- Voorhees

Brilliant I had the same idea, maybe this year is Albert Looking for that one soul to bring back his daughter who he lost in the fire and all the icons are assisting him on his quest and when he finds that soul they all come together to welcome the newest member to thier family. another thing ive noticed is that on the HHN website if you go to overview you can clearly see a bloddy body underath a sheat.....possibly the body of cindy???? maybe that is where the caretaker is storing it until he can find that one soul.

Edited by dante