HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so pardon me if I am being stupid, but here are two ideas, and I have no idea if they tie together. And if they have been mentioned, it would have been a while back ( I have read the thread, but I may have forgotten some of the beginning.).

From the two "hints" or maybe even JUST words Roddy and the art director, "Reunion" and "Arts and Crafts" respectively.

1) What if Roddy meant reunion of something less than ALL of the icons. Such as a reunion between brothers, or a father and his daughter. Could that reunion possibly be Jack and Eddy, or even better, Albert and Cindy?

2) I know ideas of arts and crafts have been twisting into "Darkarts and Witchcraft" er whatever, but lets keep it simple "Arts and Crafts". What kind of person uses arts and crafts...? Children. This allows us to further speculate on Cindy, as she is a child. She could have torturous toys of death/ traps...etc. Also think, the only kind of icon we Havent seen yet age wise, is a child... Cindy could be the main icon this year.

Okay so pardon me if I am being stupid, but here are two ideas, and I have no idea if they tie together. And if they have been mentioned, it would have been a while back ( I have read the thread, but I may have forgotten some of the beginning.).

From the two "hints" or maybe even JUST words Roddy and the art director, "Reunion" and "Arts and Crafts" respectively.

1) What if Roddy meant reunion of something less than ALL of the icons. Such as a reunion between brothers, or a father and his daughter. Could that reunion possibly be Jack and Eddy, or even better, Albert and Cindy?

2) I know ideas of arts and crafts have been twisting into "Darkarts and Witchcraft" er whatever, but lets keep it simple "Arts and Crafts". What kind of person uses arts and crafts...? Children. This allows us to further speculate on Cindy, as she is a child. She could have torturous toys of death/ traps...etc. Also think, the only kind of icon we Havent seen yet age wise, is a child... Cindy could be the main icon this year.

Your ideas are very well thought out and i agree your thoughts on cindy tying in with the "Arts and Crafts theme" seems very plusable and in fact one of the thoughts i have found very interesting, But the dark arts and witchcraft was MY thought on the speculation and that is the point SPECULATION people should be able to exspress a idea without negative comments or sarcasam. No one 100% knows what the theme of this years event will be and the point of this page is to enjoy sharing ideas and theorys on what it may be... please respect peoples thoughts as they respect yours this forum is a freindly and great place to post it would be nice to keepit that way.

Edited by Lula

In my honest opinion the icons are not going anywhere they have made HHN famous and what it is today so odviously they're not gonna want to dismiss them so easily.If anything the Shadows of the past was to show us what we've had and make us look foward to what we will be seeing and the initiation of new icons.

Edited by dante

Clever use of twisting the term "arts and crafts", but it probably has another meaning. However, that other meaning has already been discussed A LOT in the past, so I'll make it brief--

During the BehindtheThrills.com conference calls with HHN creative last year TJ Mannarino used the term "scrapbook" in describing this year's event. TJ again used the term "scrap book of years past" at this year's Haunt Con. Scrapbooking is a type of arts & crafts and what do we scrapbook? We scrapbook our lives with our families and friends = the tree with the term "root of all evil" shown at Haunt Con. Family tree? Which may point to making the icons all connect somehow, if not via hereditary ties then they are connected as the "root(s) of all evil"... which MIGHT bring about a character like Darkness as the father of all evil and probably not Cindy. While the current HHN site is a placeholder as used in past, it does say "A new era of DARKNESS".... the last time Darkness was around was at HHN 16, a reunion year.

There's some fun reading out there on all previous hints from creative that have added fire to these 20th year speculations. Check out these sites if you haven't already:

http://behindthethrills.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=335:hhna-look-into-the-future&catid=64:news-&Itemid=121

http://www.myremoteradio.com/blog/hhn-family-tree

http://behindthethrills.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=595:haunt-con-reveals-secrets-about-hos-and-hhn-&catid=64:news-&Itemid=121

Edited by PopularDumpling

Have we gotten to the point as fans we want to know all the details about HHN before they announce? Dont get me wrong I do the same thing, but I also want to know the basics.

Hell some fans take a risk and walk into a construction site to see houses under construction.

One of the main reason why David shut his site down is due to people keep leaking the event. Where not suppose to know what the bloody theme is till they announce and so far this yr they have kept a good job with rumors.

I rather be surprise so I dont know whats coming. Could A&D changed Roddy plans after he left? There is a good chance but we dont know for sure nor will they tell us.

So sit back and enjoy the ride leading up to HHN, cause its going to be a bumpy one.

There's nothing stopping them from throwing out all of Roddy's plans, but I think that it would meet with opposition from any team members who preferred his ideas. That being said, I don't know if their voices would be strong enough to save his plans. Or if anybody even WANTS to change everything.

I agree with ya Boston. While i DOUBT they'll bring back the Crypt Keeper as a major icon, I think giving him a house or any sort of recognition would be a good idea. After all, a "scrapbook" theme of sorts would entail paying homage to all sorts of wonderful HHN goodness of the past. And how can we forget our original icon? Yes, he wasn't an original creation, but he helped launched HHN popularity and he deserves some kind of shout out :]

Also, and I'm just tossing this out there, I've been hearing more and more buzz around the possibility of the return of Freddy Krueger. Has anybody else picked up wind on anything like this? I'd love to know if so: I'm a HUGE freddy fan and missed out on HHN 17 so if he retrned this year it would be a dream come true on my part :P

I talk to JMR quite regular and he has never said why he left and I have never asked. He is extremely passionate about the event though and we're probably see him there with us queuing up!

He has told me some interesting things about what's not at HHNXX. He told me that the event he initially pitched is nothing like what was potentially agreed on. What he wanted to do was to have an event that celebrated HHN's past, present and future. He told me that the style would be CofC meets RofF. His centre-piece would have been a soundstage located uber house (uber for length) where we the people are stuck in a battle between Freddy and Jason (No Leatherface for some reason). Warner Bros, who now are in charge of NLC holdings, were even contacted and were 'very' positive. However, all house ideas are voted on and this idea was not voted in. It is worthy to note that Warner do seem more relaxed and proactive about distribution of their holdings than NLC have ever been - which might be good for future years to come.

He also tells me that when he left nothing was certain and that anything could change after his departure. He left in December and accordingly the HHNXX is finalized for house content by February. All he had heard that there were no movie houses planned after he left and that Warner Bros were EXTREMELY positive for their franchises to feature, he told me that they might appear but it will be very low key to the overall event.

I speculate that this event will be HHN16 the sequel, the only difference being the streets will step up another gear. I am also pleased that the audition pages (yet) do not advertise for Rocky Horror performers - that show has been at HHN too many times now!

I talk to JMR quite regular and he has never said why he left and I have never asked. He is extremely passionate about the event though and we're probably see him there with us queuing up!

He has told me some interesting things about what's not at HHNXX. He told me that the event he initially pitched is nothing like what was potentially agreed on. What he wanted to do was to have an event that celebrated HHN's past, present and future. He told me that the style would be CofC meets RofF. His centre-piece would have been a soundstage located uber house (uber for length) where we the people are stuck in a battle between Freddy and Jason (No Leatherface for some reason). Warner Bros, who now are in charge of NLC holdings, were even contacted and were 'very' positive. However, all house ideas are voted on and this idea was not voted in. It is worthy to note that Warner do seem more relaxed and proactive about distribution of their holdings than NLC have ever been - which might be good for future years to come.

He also tells me that when he left nothing was certain and that anything could change after his departure. He left in December and accordingly the HHNXX is finalized for house content by February. All he had heard that there were no movie houses planned after he left and that Warner Bros were EXTREMELY positive for their franchises to feature, he told me that they might appear but it will be very low key to the overall event.

I speculate that this event will be HHN16 the sequel, the only difference being the streets will step up another gear. I am also pleased that the audition pages (yet) do not advertise for Rocky Horror performers - that show has been at HHN too many times now!

(CofC meets RofF) im sorry, what's this?

a jason vs freddy house sounds like my dream come true, but i would highly doubt it would be made. I would love to see this house, but most people hated freddy vs jason,( I love it is one of my favorites), i wonder if the no movie house is for real?

that would be a change from the past 4 years.

also if they don't do the rocky horror, what could they do instead?

sorry about that, i knew it was something simple, thanks. I think if they did Carnival of Carnage meets Reflections of Fear that would just be epic, i would love to see that.

and Dr. Jimmy your suggestion totally shocked me, if they did the creature i would probably go every night of the FFP, That is my favorite movie from the classic monsters, i just love it. I was really sad that they didn't used him in 2009, and a show would just be amazing. they would probably wouldn't do it, but that would certainly be a big change, and everybody knows who the creature is, so it would be a well received show, now i really wish they did something like that

(Also i Cannot wait for the remake, in 3D, is funny because when the original came out, 3D was the hype, just like now)

Edited by black7mask

People seem to have taken my post and twisted it to fit their own argument. I never said that Roddy had nothing to do wth planning the event this year, I have been around long enough to know that the events are planned very far in advance. My point was that if you plan to back your point up with a youtube/twitter/facebook post, read/watch the clip first to make sure it actually says what you say it does.

I am not planning to flame anyone, I am merely an observer. Being a member of "The other site" for quite some time, i understand that this is the time of year when people begin grasping at straws. People get antsy with no "big/official" news being released, so they make their own with no real source. From the NLC contract with its fluctuating expiration dates to how to spell C/S/indy to if this is HHN XIX or XX, people always need to argue about things.

I learned years ago that there are certain people to listen to when it comes to "insider information", others have "sources" that I would take with a grain of salt. I have heard things about the event this year from sources that are rarely wrong. I haven't established myself as a reliable source (pardon the pun) but I will say that, if what I heard is correct, something will happen this year that many thought would never happen again...a few things maybe. Regardless of what happens, I can not wait for the event and will enjoy not having to make 12 hour drives for it this year, as I have in the past. Speculate away and enjoy...

I would be so happy if this were true. I embrace everything that HHN has done in the past and appreciate each year that they create something new and original. When the Shadows of the Past scarezone was unveiled last year and the talk was that this was going to be a teaser of HHN20, I was a bit let down. I thought it was great as a treat to the fans and I really appreciated a new scare zone for the last few nights, but for HHN20, I did not want to see a rehash of HHN16. The wedding rumor that we have all heard over the year is the last thing that I would want to see happen. Ideally I want to see an homage to the past and a movement to the future. With rumors of a Greek mythology house I have hopes, but now with the event dubbed as "20 years of Fear" I'm a bit wooried it will be a rehash. I really enjoyed HHN16, but we have seen that already.

What if...

Shadows of the past scarezone was a clue, a clue that we would not see those characters again. A farewell tour so to speak. Giving way to the new horror to be bestowed upon us.

A Freddy VS. Jason house :] ahhhhhhhh what a dream!!! I'm a huge NOES fan and I was in the small percentage of people who loved that movie hah I think that would be an amazing house to toss into the mix! So I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on that :P

I heard the website is "supposed" to be getting an update tomm (Monday the 21st) so I'm hoping we'll start seeing some bombs drop as to what we should expect from here on out :]

A Freddy VS. Jason house :] ahhhhhhhh what a dream!!! I'm a huge NOES fan and I was in the small percentage of people who loved that movie hah I think that would be an amazing house to toss into the mix! So I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on that :P

I heard the website is "supposed" to be getting an update tomm (Monday the 21st) so I'm hoping we'll start seeing some bombs drop as to what we should expect from here on out :]

"Bombs drop?" You mean like NUKES? That's my worst fear! Don't make me have another mental breakdown!

Anyway, If the site updates tomorrow, both me and my mom cannot wait for it! (She became an HHN fanatic as well after our first trip last year.)

"Bombs drop?" You mean like NUKES? That's my worst fear! Don't make me have another mental breakdown!

Your worst fear? That's unfortunate since HHN XX will have a World War 3 theme, with real , live nukes!

I guess you won't be able to go. Darn it.

sorry about that, i knew it was something simple, thanks. I think if they did Carnival of Carnage meets Reflections of Fear that would just be epic, i would love to see that.

and Dr. Jimmy your suggestion totally shocked me, if they did the creature i would probably go every night of the FFP, That is my favorite movie from the classic monsters, i just love it. I was really sad that they didn't used him in 2009, and a show would just be amazing. they would probably wouldn't do it, but that would certainly be a big change, and everybody knows who the creature is, so it would be a well received show, now i really wish they did something like that

(Also i Cannot wait for the remake, in 3D, is funny because when the original came out, 3D was the hype, just like now)

Creature From the Black Lagoon the Musical played for about a year at Universal Studios Hollywood, it was not a big success as a daily show there. But it seems to me that it might go over a lot better as part of an annual event like HHN. Of course they would not likely be able to do the full show, but it could be a lot of fun with a little tweaking.

lmaoo :P I think everybody is going to be really excited. As far as things go, I'm a Horror Nights Newbie. This will only be my third year, but I fell in love the minute I walked through the gates back in '08 x)

Either way, I'll be checking the sight religiously starting tonight at Midnight to see if those updates actually happen lol

Why are we still talking about Roddy? Who really cares if he left? honestly. There is people who is as talented/more in Art and Design. Aiello is a very talented guy and i think they should give him a shot. Also Roddy got quite lucky getting hired.

On to speculation. I am wondering if we will see the school house incorparted this year somehow? Mabye in a scarezone of some kind? other then its own. Even though i think the House got shipped to Hollywood?

PS:i will give roddy credit for one thing. He is surprisingly quite good at Art. I have seen some of his drawning. Preatty nice. Some almost looks as nice as Kims. Almost.