HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

Don't read too into stuff. I remember back on Ye Olde Vaulte, how the newbies (And, sadly, some more established members) would be finding clues in everything. You could drop a beer bottle and someone would find a clue in the exact slope of the street by watching how the bottle rolled.

It absolutely cracks me up to no end how people can find clues in EVERYTHING...I mean everything. Some of the stuff I read on Ye Olde Vaulte and even a few of things here thus far make me think people have too much time on their hands. Speculation is fun and all, but believe it or not, everything that Universal puts out regarding HHN isn't filled with veiled clues about the event, sometimes it just simple marketing.

What if...

Shadows of the past scarezone was a clue, a clue that we would not see those characters again. A farewell tour so to speak. Giving way to the new horror to be bestowed upon us.

I believe your on to something there C_D...per usual ;)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if...

Shadows of the past scarezone was a clue, a clue that we would not see those characters again. A farewell tour so to speak. Giving way to the new horror to be bestowed upon us.

Well Mr. Roddy before HHN 19 said, "Classic" and we ended up with classic. After that, when he was asked what HHN 20 would be about, he said, "Reunion." I don't think that's what's going to happen.

What if...

I personally don't think that will happen either. As you can see in this video:

,the reporter acknowledges the fact that is a reunion. And JMR responded to her! So, I'd like to see that, but its most likely not. Edited by CrazyDave

What if...

From your words to god's ears...

no but seriously, if they did that why would they have cindy,? it would make no sense at all to put her out for the general public to see, after she was there i bet everyone started to talk about that character.

about jack the ripper, i dont know, the body collectors do exactly what he does, it would just simply be another body collectors house, the idea would be cool, and i wish they would do a brand new house, but being a reunion i just expect the BC.

It would be pretty awesome to see the Cryptkeeper, not even as an icon but just to have him in the event somehow, as a character or, even if it was a picture in one of the houses, any acknowledgment would be nice

Edited by black7mask

I'd have to agree w/ CrazyDave. I can't see Universal just tossing out characters like Jack. As much as I would love to see some fresh meat in the icon area, I don't think the familiar faces are going anywhere anytime soon.

IMO universal proved to us last year than anything can be done. But i do know they will have a bigger budget this year because uni only had to pay for 5 houses...so saying that i think we will be in for one hell of a treat :zombie2:

:

Edited by hhnfreak13

As much as I dont LOVE Jack or reunion years.....I think your wrong on this.

I think it looks like a younger version of Jack. Dont get me wrong its not a great quality vid but.....The Hair is similar,just shorter or less untamed. The make-up also looks very similar, the same colors in the same areas, just not as large/out of control.

Its not the version we're used to seeing but.....it could be him. I don't think there is any evidence that it's NOT him.

Maybe this is a larger clue than we all think? Maybe we are really going to see the beginings of these characters....and Horror Nights itself. Maybe we are looking very far back into the Horror Nighhts scrap book?

This gives me hope that they might have really done something special......something better than 16...better than rehashing houses,or throwing together random crap from a whole year and calling it a house/maze.

I would love this! I'm kind of hoping now that this would be it...I just wonder though how they would do this with Mary since we saw her beginnings in '08?

death_ciertificate_HHN-resized-600.jpg

This was found secured to a trash can towards the Vamp Assistant's scarezone last year - this cert has nothing to do with the movie, so we can only guess that it is a clue to hhn20.

Also, don't forget TJ did say the theme this year is 'Arts and Crafts.' Like Roddy said last year's was 'Classic.'

Out of all the speculation I'm hoping CD's is right.

I personally don't think that will happen either. As you can see in this video:

,the reporter acknowledges the fact that is a reunion. And JMR responded to her! So, I'd like to see that, but its most likely not.

So...when she asks if he can "give a dish on any gory details" pertaining to HHN 20, and his response is "I could, but then I'd have to let you stay in the Dracula house.", he's confirming a reunion year.?. This makes no sense so me. Also, JMR is no longer with the company, so if he was asked about plans for HHN 24...he could certainly answer you, but he may not be accurate. I think I'll stick with C_D on this one,I even think he may have some tricks up his sleeve. I guess we'll find out soon.

This was found secured to a trash can towards the Vamp Assistant's scarezone last year - this cert has nothing to do with the movie, so we can only guess that it is a clue to hhn20.

Also, don't forget TJ did say the theme this year is 'Arts and Crafts.' Like Roddy said last year's was 'Classic.'

IF i remember correctly, there was also a carriage or something like that outside the park, i remember seeing pictures of that

(sorry if this has been said before)

Edited by black7mask

It's wierd that they would pick elizabeth stride because that was the only time he killed two people in one night. He became interrputed whilst dismembering her and had to kill another person. Also why elizabeth? She wasnt his first victim or his last she was his second i think or maybe third. Maybe theres something more to it? Amd yeah there was a carrige outside of cirque but i didnt think much of it because of wolfman and cuz they were a travelling camp

He had to stop while he was killing her? Interesting; if you think about it, if he had to pause while dismembering her, she probably suffered quite a while because it was drawn out.

Maybe she could be out for vengance or something. IDK. I just think they wouldn't post something like this in the park without having a basis behind it. I think we might have a clue here, gang. :P

That was also found like black7mask said, outside the park. It was in a display in City Walk on the walk-way to the area where Pat O'Brian is. It also had a carriage, some trunks, some old sepia-tone photographs, and some other stuff. When I first saw it I was wondering if had anything to do with HHN or BC, but didn't think so.

It's wierd that they would pick elizabeth stride because that was the only time he killed two people in one night. He became interrputed whilst dismembering her and had to kill another person. Also why elizabeth? She wasnt his first victim or his last she was his second i think or maybe third. Maybe theres something more to it? Amd yeah there was a carrige outside of cirque but i didnt think much of it because of wolfman and cuz they were a travelling camp

wasn't she the only victim to not be mutilated?

do you think this might be a clue as to why they would pick her?

First as Raymond Holmes said this IS NOT A CLUE. Wasn't this first seen in the carriage in the Body Collector SZ for part of LT at HHN 18.

Second of all, IT WAS NOT T.J that said anything about "Arts and Crafts". It was Karen Rigsby, she is the head of decorating the houses.

First as Raymond Holmes said this IS NOT A CLUE. Wasn't this first seen in the carriage in the Body Collector SZ for part of LT at HHN 18.

You can also view pictures of these from HHN 18 on our Facebook page. The Mary and Elizabeth ones were located in the BC Scare Zone, one in each carriage.

Coffins & Metallic Burial Cases

Mary Ann Nichols

Elizabeth Stride

I don't think and highly doubt it has to do with HHN XX.

So...when she asks if he can "give a dish on any gory details" pertaining to HHN 20, and his response is "I could, but then I'd have to let you stay in the Dracula house.", he's confirming a reunion year.?. This makes no sense so me. Also, JMR is no longer with the company, so if he was asked about plans for HHN 24...he could certainly answer you, but he may not be accurate. I think I'll stick with C_D on this one,I even think he may have some tricks up his sleeve. I guess we'll find out soon.

Aside from C_D being serious or not, CrazyDave is right in it being an actual reunion year and you CAN give some credit towards what MJR has said about this year. Per MJR's resume: http://www.jmichaelroddy.com/Roddy/Resume.html

While it's possible that Universal made major changes since MJR left, the development process would (most likely) not stray too far from overall concepts from when he was on board. MJR himself has said in interviews (don't have link off top of head) that each year is planned out years in advance, so that each year builds on a theme/story some way -- like '05 through'07 (when MJR started) was one story cycle and '08 through '10 is another story/development cycle....will try to find interview stating this.

That said, things do change as this is a business and MJR is no longer with Universal, but it seems financially more responsible for Universal to use MJR's thus successful/bankable concepts as they were planned ahead of time and worst case, change/water down ideas to save even more money. To add credibility to this idea, MJR's resume states "Developed Halloween Horror Nights 2010". When MJR's next employer checks background references for his next job -- it would look pretty bad for MJR to put "Developed Halloween Horror Nights 2010" on his resume and then have his new boss call to check references at Universal and be informed that his input was not used in this years event. It says "Developed Halloween Horror Nights 2010", not developed concepts/early creative drafts of HHN. So, if MJR has stated(or not stated in that video) that they already developed for this year... there is a good chance what MJR literally hinted at (in the actual '09 event scare zone and interviews) will probably happen in some way. Don't think the shadows of the past will become just a shadow....

Edited by PopularDumpling

Have we gotten to the point as fans we want to know all the details about HHN before they announce? Dont get me wrong I do the same thing, but I also want to know the basics.

Hell some fans take a risk and walk into a construction site to see houses under construction.

One of the main reason why David shut his site down is due to people keep leaking the event. Where not suppose to know what the bloody theme is till they announce and so far this yr they have kept a good job with rumors.

I rather be surprise so I dont know whats coming. Could A&D changed Roddy plans after he left? There is a good chance but we dont know for sure nor will they tell us.

So sit back and enjoy the ride leading up to HHN, cause its going to be a bumpy one.

Edited by Dr. Raymond Holmes

I dont think they would change the plans because Roddy left. Yeah maybe a few minor details could change but I doubt anything major was changed.

And about the NLC post a page or two back...This year has been planned for about 2 years? If Universal actually talked to NLC and you heard about it recently, im pretty sure it will be for the future and not for this year.

Have gotten to the point as fans we want to know all the details about HHN before they announce? Dont get me wrong I do the same thing, but I also want to know the basics. However; I reither be surprise so I dont know whats coming. Could A&D changed Roddy plans after he left? There is a good chance but we dont know for sure nor will they tell us.

So sit back and enjoy the ride leading up to HHN, cause its going to be a bumpy one.

Does anyone know exactly why Roddy left Universal? Did he have a disagreement of some kind?