HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

If a Harley Quinn rip off and a over use clown tie the knot then A&D has ruin the event for me.

Nevertheless I got a BIG BANG out of the use of this poem:

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed,

Something Blue and a Silver Sixpence in Her Shoe.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something old something blue something borrowed something blue and a silver sixpence in her shoe? hm.

Excuse me if this sounds strange, but didn't they used to stick sixpences in the shoes of the deceased as well? I remember hearing that somewhere

Either way, it may look like we could all be attending a wedding this October...

There has been for a couple of years now a rumor about a certain event to be celebrated at an upcoming HHN.

This was largely dismissed out of hand by most, who actually have gone so far as to equate it with the old rumor about a large tent to be erected over the park.

This is a most grave injustice. People have simply forgotten the source of the rumors. The idiotic story about the tent was proposed by Damnskippy a most obnoxious and evil little troll who knew Jack about anything at all.

BUT, I remember that the other rumor, the one about that event was proposed by someone who is the exact opposite of Damskippy, someone who is one of the most well-respected and valued contributors to these forums.

I remember a post in another forum a couple of years ago which contained this image:

preacher-gone_to_texas.jpg

And so, I for one am absolutely delighted that there may be a very good Chance indeed that this wonderful event will come to pass at last.

Dr. Jimmy, I was one who actually really liked the idea of that event. But that's mainly because the timing of this year... and using Halloween Horror Nights to celebrate the night before my own event on October 2 =)

Something old something blue something borrowed something blue and a silver sixpence in her shoe? hm.

Excuse me if this sounds strange, but didn't they used to stick sixpences in the shoes of the deceased as well? I remember hearing that somewhere

Either way, it may look like we could all be attending a wedding this October...

No in ancient Greece they would stick coins under a dead persons tongue to pay for their passage across the river Styx into Hades...which then later moved to the eyes (to hold the eyes shut when dead)

I hope to god that we do not attend a wedding. I am so over Jack, I think he is just obnoxious. Granted he has earned his place in HHN and is very much a part of the history, but that is where he needs to stay, in the past.

Ahhh it was under the tongue, gotcha. I knew they stuck a coin in there somewhere, I just couldn't quite remember where

I have to agree. Although I have never been a year when Jack has been present, I do think it's time he hangs up his clown shoes. You can only use the same icon so many times. The idea of a wedding is pretty clever though; it would be a good way of gathering all the HHN icons together for a reuinon of sorts. Perhaps, if they do, this could be the last we see of Jack. After all, he'll be a married man after that-he'll have other things to do besides scare the bejesus out of Horror Night goers :P

Perhaps, if they do, this could be the last we see of Jack. After all, he'll be a married man after that-he'll have other things to do besides scare the bejesus out of Horror Night goers :P

Or one Blessed Event could ultimately lead to another, and we may eventually be subjected to a Jack Offspring.

Or one Blessed Event could ultimately lead to another, and we may eventually be subjected to a Jack Offspring.

Oh gosh, Don't get me wrong, I like Jack but he is just over used. I'm scarred to see what they would come up with as an offspring.

which leads me to believe this is very true

i dont wanna say they are Offspring of some sort

but they are the NEW ERA of horror

in example

Caretaker - Sindy (daughter of the beloved Albert Caine)

Storyteller - Bloody Mary (urban legend mixed with an ol wise tale)

Director - the Usher (both lived and died for the art of film)

Jack - most people would say Eddie(BUT who out in the area as newcomers to HHN really know about his backstory?)

in my opinion i believe that the original 4 are always gonna be our LEGENDARY icons

and as for the others the TRUTH will be revealed

showing that they will carry on the legacy our 4 have given us in the past years

bringing a NEW ERA of DARKNESS

*cough* :)

Oh dear God.....Jack offspring >.< Ugh....I can see it now....ick, I dont even want to get into detail it's that awful to imagine.

Steven does make a point though. All the icons have a sort of lead off accept Jack....which could mean there could be one on the way. Ew....to think...that means someone had to have mated with Jack O_o

I really REALLY hope Universal doesn't pick up on that idea..I think the last thing we need is a demon clown baby.

As some might not like the idea of a Sweet 16 reunion idea, I think we are leaning towards that direction, while it can still be a re-imagined version of the Sweet 16 ordeal, but... that's my two cents on the subject.

So, wait, now they're using the last two Chucky films but replacing two dolls with two clowns? :mellow:

Anyway, the idea StevenForTmrw posted about the four original icons passing their heritage on to new icons is very interesting, to say the least, and ties in well with the idea of having a Family Tree/Root of All Evil.

Perhaps Eddie will be the next of kin in the Schmidt family, seeing as how he was re-written as Jack's brother way back when. But I rather see Chance as the next iteration of Jack....or the idea of the character Jill as mentioned in a previous survey a few years back (the same survey that had ideas thrown about involving urban legends, movie-themed houses, and a Stephen King-themed event).

which leads me to believe this is very true

i dont wanna say they are Offspring of some sort

but they are the NEW ERA of horror

in example

Caretaker - Sindy (daughter of the beloved Albert Caine)

Storyteller - Bloody Mary (urban legend mixed with an ol wise tale)

Director - the Usher (both lived and died for the art of film)

Jack - most people would say Eddie(BUT who out in the area as newcomers to HHN really know about his backstory?)

in my opinion i believe that the original 4 are always gonna be our LEGENDARY icons

and as for the others the TRUTH will be revealed

showing that they will carry on the legacy our 4 have given us in the past years

bringing a NEW ERA of DARKNESS

*cough* :)

I personally love your idea...but I think your looking TOO deeply into a couple of words. I think a lot of people are. They're words people, just wait 2 or 3 weeks, we'll soon enough.

Edited by CrazyDave

Do you guys really think Universal will do an event based on a rumor thats been floating around since 2007? I dont think so nor will it every happen. So please dont get your hopes up and try to think of something a little more original please.

Well find out sooner or later what UO has plan for this yr.

I agree,plus it could be a bad idea from a marketing standpoint anyway.

LMAO, that just made my day!! :D

I gotta say, I like Jack, I don't dislike him at all, and i would Love to see Chance again,

but a weeding just sounds so cheesy to me, how could they make it scary? i just don't see a way around it, and the other icons as guests around them, and people getting killed around a weeding, meh, its just so cheesy, I could see the Billboards for the event with a weeding cake :S

and who would marry them? darkness? would there be a marriage house? how would the other houses be related to the weeding?

from seeing how bad Chucky has gotten, it just seems cheesy

Oh gosh, Don't get me wrong, I like Jack but he is just over used. I'm scarred to see what they would come up with as an offspring.

Hmm, maybe all the other icons should get together and go against Jack and throw him down a deep deep well!

Ya dig? :)

All this talk of weddings.... surely we should give A&D more credit to come up with something a bit more imaginative than that....

Really? They gave us Carnival of Carnage. That has to be one of the most unimaginative and least creative themes ever.

It amazes me the extent to which some idolize these people and think they can't or won't put forward a bad idea. :rolleyes:

Edited by ThreeCircles

...yet most successful...

That wasn't your point, was it? You suggested that we, and I quote, "give A&D more credit to come up with something a bit more imaginative" in reference to the wedding idea. In essence you suggest that we should place undue faith in A&D because they won't put forth an unimaginative concept.

It doesn't matter how "successful" Carnival of Carnage was, it still remains unimaginative. Throw movies together under an the concept that Jack is bringing them all together. :rolleyes: So, why wouldn't they do such again? Hey everyone, Jack's getting married and invited all of his friends.

The event seems to vacillate between very creative and detailed years, i.e., Tales of Terror, Reflections of Fear, and much less creative and detailed years, i.e., Carnival of Carnage and Sweet 16. Perhaps this is for budgetary reasons or other reasons. Whatever the reason, this year certainly seems to be shaping up as a year to chalk up to the latter grouping rather than the former.

Also, my guess is you truly have no clue how Carnival of Carnage, or any other year for that matter, measures success wise.

Edited by ThreeCircles