HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

You know, I've been doing some thinking (sorry if this is off topic of the whole JMR convo)

I was flipping through the HHN wiki today, reading over their past SZ and haunted houses and theres alot of possibilties that havent been discussed. I mean...the Bates house, for example. They used that ALOT back in the beginning of the event: you think they might do an updated version for the event?

Another thing: do you think they'll bring back Robosaurus for the festivities? I know we haven't seen him with Sweet 16, but if this is indeed a reunion year, then it would be fitting. Like I said, just thot hah

I would love to see another Bates house. I never saw any of the original houses, but the Bates house in 2006 was awesome. It had some truly great scares -especially the climax of the house, exited through a blood-stained shower curtain filled room with strobes on full and Bates popping out everywhere. Plus the closet room with all the dresses - I kept waiting for someone to jump out of the tight corridors and grab me! Fantastic.

As for Robosaurus - he was rather lame in 2006 and I would not mind if he never made a return.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time poster,

I googled hhn and it says this below hhn 2010 Orlando "Explore the Islands of Adventure that include 7 new haunted houses, the Festival of the Dead Parade, and Scare Zones"

Could this be a mistake of an earlier year?

First time poster,

I googled hhn and it says this below hhn 2010 Orlando "Explore the Islands of Adventure that include 7 new haunted houses, the Festival of the Dead Parade, and Scare Zones"

Could this be a mistake of an earlier year?

I remember seeing that link while googling a while back. It's just the wrong date - it's describing an event from earlier in the 2000s.

And btw, this probably isn't the right place to post this, but this is where everyone reads right now... I apologize for knowingly posting this in the wrong place.

the HHN wikipedia page needs help!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_Horror_Nights_(Orlando)

How was it at IOA? I get alot of mixed reviews about it when it was over there. I know they most likely wont do it over there again; they had alot of legal issues w/ the widow of Dr. Suess (I heard it had something to do with her not allowing Universal to "besmerch the image of her husbands work." Or something like that lol

I don't post very often, but I've been trying to see how everything we "know" (or think we know) and the placeholder website might just be tied together. I'm going with the idea that Cindy is going to be a pivotal character in this year's event and that her father, Albert Caine, is trying to raise her (or has already risen her) from the dead. I'll try to keep this brief (I know it is hard for me), but I'm a person who likes to gather information and analyze it before just rambling about tons of ideas; I guess that's the science background talking.

So . . . we know that Cindy is dead and that Albert has been investigating ways to find the souls of his poor victims, right? What if this year is all about Albert Caine searching through the years past of HHN to find a proper soul for his daughter. Think about it. Why did Universal give us those four specific pictures on the updated site? I really don't think it is random. Dr. Caine is searching places such as the Island of Immortal SOULS (Nightmare) and the Harvest of SOULS (Punpkin Head) as a starting point; it is also not a coincidence that these were represented in last year's Shadows of the Past scarezone. The next piece of the puzzle, how to make the sacrifice to bring Cindy back? Easy, use Eelmouth who welcomed people to the Terra Queen throne (part tree) to make sacrifices for her so that she can contine to live. It is also in the backstory that the Terra Queen comes back every five years, which would be very convenient since this marks the fifth year since 2005.

Now, for the other characters in the scarezone last year . . . the gentleman, the skool kid, and the vampire are merely secondary characters whose souls can be used to make the sacrifice. It's not by chance that Albert and Cindy Caine were the only two main "icons" walking around on the ground; Albert as if he was looking for someone and Cindy as if she was just brought back from the dead to join the HHN party. He was literally searching through HHNs past to find the proper soul. It also makes sense that Jack led us into the scarezone as he was the first icon in the modern HHN timeframe and that Julian was ushering us out of the scarezone as he was the most recent icon. He also held a flashlight to help Albert find his soul from both the physical beings (scareactors in the scarezone) and the audio "beings" (the sounds from the audio track).

I can see this year having Icon houses (reimmagined, of course) that represent us voyaging along with Dr. Caine on his quest. Screamhouse has been one of the best series of houses and I can see it, or the infamous tree that has been discussed time and again) being the (if not one of the) main "icons" this year. However, I am still going back on my hunch that I have posted before regarding the Skoolhouse. I really think it will make its reappearance this year given its significance in 2008.

Sorry this was so long - I hope it made some sort of sense.

-- Voorhees

So Albert Caine is going to take the souls from the other past icons in order to find one for Cindy? Some of the icons are "dead"; do dead people have souls to take? Maybe Albert will collect souls to make one super-soul for Cindy, then she will take over! :)

Or were you thinking the past icons will assist Albert as Dante was saying? I don't like this as much though.

Cool idea :)

I would love to see another Bates house. I never saw any of the original houses, but the Bates house in 2006 was awesome. It had some truly great scares -especially the climax of the house, exited through a blood-stained shower curtain filled room with strobes on full and Bates popping out everywhere. Plus the closet room with all the dresses - I kept waiting for someone to jump out of the tight corridors and grab me! Fantastic.

As for Robosaurus - he was rather lame in 2006 and I would not mind if he never made a return.

I believe Robosaurus was sold to a private owner after 2006.

How was it at IOA? I get alot of mixed reviews about it when it was over there. I know they most likely wont do it over there again; they had alot of legal issues w/ the widow of Dr. Suess (I heard it had something to do with her not allowing Universal to "besmerch the image of her husbands work." Or something like that lol

yeah I hear the crowds were horrible and that there is more room in the other park where is held now, they can sell more tickets,

I missed the HHN in 2005, i was in Citywalk with my friends and i saw the entrance, it looked amazing, well, Islands is a pretty amazing park by itself, I missed it and i regret it so much.

I been waiting since 06 for them to do it in both parks, i would give anything to be able to see HHN in both parks or at least in IOA. :(

yeah I hear the crowds were horrible and that there is more room in the other park where is held now, they can sell more tickets,

I missed the HHN in 2005, i was in Citywalk with my friends and i saw the entrance, it looked amazing, well, Islands is a pretty amazing park by itself, I missed it and i regret it so much.

I been waiting since 06 for them to do it in both parks, i would give anything to be able to see HHN in both parks or at least in IOA. :(

This has already been discussed quite a bit, but my two cents about both parks: After HHN 2004, I remember being exhausted from traveling back and forth the two parks. The huge distances between the attractions really took their toll. I remember we decided to try to make it back to get in line for the Mummy (the ride, which had just opened) before the park closed and we literally had to jog all the way there because we were somewhere in Islands. Plus there were quite a few dead zones with no scares whatsoever. I always felt the scares are better in Universal, aside from the Jurassic Park area. Definitely had some scareactors jump out of the bushes in IoA and scare the crap out of me.

This has already been discussed quite a bit, but my two cents about both parks: After HHN 2004, I remember being exhausted from traveling back and forth the two parks. The huge distances between the attractions really took their toll. I remember we decided to try to make it back to get in line for the Mummy (the ride, which had just opened) before the park closed and we literally had to jog all the way there because we were somewhere in Islands. Plus there were quite a few dead zones with no scares whatsoever. I always felt the scares are better in Universal, aside from the Jurassic Park area. Definitely had some scareactors jump out of the bushes in IoA and scare the crap out of me.

yeah I totally get you, I just wish that they did it at least ONCE more, I mean i know you got really tired, but you got to experience it, a lot of us whose first year was 06 or 07,08,09 never got to see IOA as HHN, or be in the park at night that late, I know there are some issues with doing it at IOA, i just wish they would do it just one more time in the next years, maybe for HHN 23 or something.

Plus if they did it in IOA, in a future year they could totally do something with Potter, after all the craze has gone down, they could make potter really scary, don't know just day dreaming i guess <_<

Edited by black7mask

Part of me wouldnt mind having HHN back at IOA for one more yr but its never going to happen. There is to much legal paperwork in that park now that it wouldnt work. I also dont miss it being at both parks, even though it wasnt all of the studios (NY and SF) my legs where killing me by the end of the night.

Plus it would be an operations nightmare to run both parks again.

Part of me wouldnt mind having HHN back at IOA for one more yr but its never going to happen. There is to much legal paperwork in that park now that it wouldnt work. I also dont miss it being at both parks, even though it wasnt all of the studios (NY and SF) my legs where killing me by the end of the night.

Plus it would be an operations nightmare to run both parks again.

yeah, i know, :mellow: and after Potter i was thinking they will probably Never do both parks and lose money like that, i really wish, but i guess i see it will never happen

I can imagine how tiring it would be - running back and forth between the parks. Like I said before, I never got to expierience HHN when it was in IOA and even when it was in both parks, but I know people who have. They've all basically said what you all have said: dead zones in IOA, long distances, tiriing, etc. I hear the SZ in between the parks were pretty nifty though.

And lol BlackMask, I daydream about HP being involved in HHN someday too xD what a wonderful world it would be....rofl

yeah I totally get you, I just wish that they did it at least ONCE more, I mean i know you got really tired, but you got to experience it, a lot of us whose first year was 06 or 07,08,09 never got to see IOA as HHN, or be in the park at night that late, I know there are some issues with doing it at IOA, i just wish they would do it just one more time in the next years, maybe for HHN 23 or something.

Plus if they did it in IOA, in a future year they could totally do something with Potter, after all the craze has gone down, they could make potter really scary, don't know just day dreaming i guess <_<

True i would love to go see IOA back in the midst of HHN for one more time because i never get a chance too... but heres the problem J.K Rowling said herself that she didn't want Wizarding World of Harry Potter to be part of HHN. So now they can't touch Marvel,HP, and Suess Landing Islands... which is half the park so I wonder how they can walk around from that.

Before Roddy left he gave the clue of "scrapbook year". Then the other clue of "arts and crafts" came to light. And for the reunion year is because of the result of the last weekend's scarezone titled Shadows of the Past was filled with past icons throughout HHN's past.

oh ok thank you

so then i was thinking what if the houseswere literally scrapbook houses... the houses could have highlights of all the years that the icon has been a part of... For example for jacks house, the first part of the house could be when he was the clown and then the house could change into a carnival theme and jack could be in his ringmaster costume and possibly the NLC characters could be there... just a thought

IOA was way to small plus they used ques for Houses which didn't work at all way to small. 2nd No use of seuss Landing so you lost that whole area of the park. 3rd the funnel from Jurrasic Park was a nightmare way to crammed. 4th Scarectors could hardly scare in certain areas.

Also what is a Greek House? Not sure of that concept what so ever.

Alright I can almost garuntee from my past years that I have gone, the most brutal or gory house is always in the disaster que. so this to my thinking will be an origional house along with some of the sound stages. from my assumptions the parade building will have a type of reunion house. so I belive this year will be more origional than a repeat year. what do ya'll think?

My my my, plenty of wishes and dreams and not too much on the true speculation side, tsk tsk tsk.

Just some things to keep in mind, JMR, while a major player when it came (notice I just said came, past tense) to HHN was not the be all end all of HHN. It is a true team effort back there with everyone lending ideas and fleshing out storylines and designs. And now JMR is no longer a part of that team. In the time since his departure a lot of what was on the roster for HHN XX has changed. Various elements have been partially or completely altered while many others have been done away with and replaced by others. The event as he knew it before leaving is not the event as it is now and even if he were to come on here and post anything it would only be speculation, or anecdotes about what was a part of the event when he was a part of it. Yes his resume says he worked on the development of HHN XX, and that is a totally valid and honest statement. It just so happens that the development he did changed drastically after his departure.

As with all things in life, change is an inevitability and a new era of fear is rapidly approaching so forget about that reunion because there's a lot of new and interesting things on the horizon. Thats not to say you wont see something familiar here and there, but to be honest, who wants to see the same characters and houses over and over again every year?

And yes, for at least this year, let go of the desire for movie based houses, while they can come in handy from time to time, HHN is kind of above that. There is so much they can do and such terrifying images they can unleash when they allow their creativity to run free and not be limited by some pre-existing character they had to borrow and try to make their own without straying too far from that original character's storyline.

Amazing and fascinating things are coming out way kids, so stop obsessing with the past and get ready for a future of new and horrifying things you aren't expecting.

And no, Robosaurus will not be back ;)

Edited by shadowlurker

My my my, plenty of wishes and dreams and not too much on the true speculation side, tsk tsk tsk.

Just some things to keep in mind, JMR, while a major player when it came (notice I just said came, past tense) to HHN was not the be all end all of HHN. It is a true team effort back there with everyone lending ideas and fleshing out storylines and designs. And now JMR is no longer a part of that team. In the time since his departure a lot of what was on the roster for HHN XX has changed. Various elements have been partially or completely altered while many others have been done away with and replaced by others. The event as he knew it before leaving is not the event as it is now and even if he were to come on here and post anything it would only be speculation, or anecdotes about what was a part of the event when he was a part of it. Yes his resume says he worked on the development of HHN XX, and that is a totally valid and honest statement. It just so happens that the development he did changed drastically after his departure.

As with all things in life, change is an inevitability and a new era of fear is rapidly approaching so forget about that reunion because there's a lot of new and interesting things on the horizon. Thats not to say you wont see something familiar here and there, but to be honest, who wants to see the same characters and houses over and over again every year?

And yes, for at least this year, let go of the desire for movie based houses, while they can come in handy from time to time, HHN is kind of above that. There is so much they can do and such terrifying images they can unleash when they allow their creativity to run free and not be limited by some pre-existing character they had to borrow and try to make their own without straying too far from that original character's storyline.

Amazing and fascinating things are coming out way kids, so stop obsessing with the past and get ready for a future of new and horrifying things you aren't expecting.

amen! and good to see you coming out of the shadows.

this year is truly an opportunity for Uni to unleash their creativity and prove why they stand out over other events. I'm sure all this anticipation will be well worth it in the end. As i've loved many ideas that have been thrown out and discussed, i hope HHN this year is unlike any others..

I absolutely agree about the Movie houses. Although I enjoyed the extremely immersive entrance to A Nightmare on Elm Street a couple years back, I would much rather walk into a completely original house without a stolen plot from a movie. Yeah, it's cool to walk through familiar movie scenes and feel like you're there, but they lack the creativity of my favorite HHN houses. I'm ready for a serious break from movie houses - I missed 2008, so my most recent HHN experiences were 2007 and 2009 - filled with movie houses. I'm ready for a break!