Freddy vs. Jason

Out of curiosity I take it Universal is working with both Paramount and NLC, now that the Friday the 13th franchise isn't with NLC anymore? Wonder if that's why we won't get a full FvJ house, and will Jason's look be one of the older Paramount versions or the NLC version?

I suppose it's wishful thinking, but my hope is we get a longer house than usual.

10-12 is the usual house length, I believe. If they could bump it up to 15 scenes, I think we could get a nice split where the sections don't feel as rushed.

I can't decide which I'd want more of VS or stand alone scenes.

im more interested in the idea of alternating vs consecutive scares, do you think it will be f/j/f/j/f/j/v/v/v or f/f/f/j/j/j/v/v/v

On Twitter it said that it would include iconic kills from movies in each series

What are the odds they will have this scene???

Every now and then I rewatch that scene for a laugh.

But anyways... Anyone have an idea how they are going to recreate Crystal Lake? It better not just be a campground without the lake.

• Like 1

AvP only had 1 versus scene, I recall, and the lack of more scenes showcasing them both at the same time was a common complaint from what I saw. I think we'll see 2-3 scenes where they're both featured. I think it'll start off at Elm Street, show Jason kill a few, show Freddy kill a few, then have a versus scene in the boiler room and 2-3 at Crystal Lake, since that (loosely) follows the movie.

NoES in 07 is my untouchable favorite house of all time. I was 11 at the time, and it terrified me to my core, to the point I forgot I was in a house. It felt real. I've never had that experience elsewhere, nor will that ever happen again. I've also wanted FvJ for a LONG time. So to see it actually happen, plus to see Freddy at the event again, makes me outrageously excited for this house. However, I felt the same towards AvP last year, and while not everyone will agree with this, AvP was probably the biggest disappointment I've ever had at the event. Partly due to my own overexcitement, but mostly because it just wasn't a house built for scares at ALL. It was incredible from an aesthetic point of view, but all HHN houses are in this day and age. I didn't jump a single time in that house. And I gave it 18 chances. Both casts, different parts of the night, etc. Nothing helped it.

I'm a little nervous the same could happen with this house, so I'm trying to keep my excitement under control. Hoping for the best, as that kind of disappointment doesn't happen a lot for me at HHN. Only other time I felt that way was Silent Hill in 2012, which was utter garbage due to utter garbage circumstances A&D had to deal with for that house.

• Like 1

NoES in 07 is my untouchable favorite house of all time. I was 11 at the time, and it terrified me to my core, to the point I forgot I was in a house. It felt real. I've never had that experience elsewhere, nor will that ever happen again. I've also wanted FvJ for a LONG time. So to see it actually happen, plus to see Freddy at the event again, makes me outrageously excited for this house. However, I felt the same towards AvP last year, and while not everyone will agree with this, AvP was probably the biggest disappointment I've ever had at the event. Partly due to my own overexcitement, but mostly because it just wasn't a house built for scares at ALL. It was incredible from an aesthetic point of view, but all HHN houses are in this day and age. I didn't jump a single time in that house. And I gave it 18 chances. Both casts, different parts of the night, etc. Nothing helped it.

I kind of felt the same way about AvP. My first time through the house was pretty awesome, but each time I went through after that I liked it less and less. The house to me felt more like an Alien house featuring Predator rather than Alien VERSUS Predator and I think that is really what did it for me.

I feel like if they can really pull off the versus part of this house and make it really feel like you are in the middle of a battle between the two, it will be awesome.

What are the odds they will have this scene???

Every now and then I rewatch that scene for a laugh.

But anyways... Anyone have an idea how they are going to recreate Crystal Lake? It better not just be a campground without the lake.

LOL - that is the dumbest thing I've ever seen! But I had to laugh at the end.. and this is why I don't watch endless sequels..

Guest kiwisoup

I'm hoping they don't do the "dream" lighting like in the actual movies where the scenes were washed out in color...red, green blue. The red -lit scenes are prominently featured in the house announcement. It always bugged me.

Edited by kiwisoup

Does anybody care to speculate when the winner Will change? Would it be nightly hourly etc?

While they could have one cast as a Jason win, the other cast is a Freddy win, it's just as likely the win will alternate with each reset.

IE- Freddy wins, reset, Jason wins, reset, Freddy wins... Etc...

• Like 1

I hope they'll use the original soundtrack for the house:

I think it would be cool to use this in the versus scenes.

I personally hope we don't get any songs like that lol, sorry... it just wouldn't be scary. (the original score from the FVJ movie was really really good (I hope they go with something like that, or the scores from the original movies)

how come? the red lighting is pretty iconic as far as Freddy goes. and it is a very easy way to differentiate the different scenes and rooms, blue for Jason red for Freddy. I am kind of hoping they do it that way

I love metal in houses like this, or Cabin, or HAVOC, etc. IMO, it just fits the tone. It drives the intensity and energy and makes it all the more chaotic. Also, if you pick actors that are metal heads (such as myself) and play some REALLY heavy shit fairly loudly, it's gonna be an INTENSE experience, and likely all the more scarier.

Now that's probably not a popular opinion, but having some metal last year in The Purge really worked for it. It definitely needed to be louder, imo, but again that type of property is more chaotic than it is creepy or horrific, and high intensity, heavy music makes it feel all the more energetic.

• Like 1

If they're gonna play metal I'm pretty sure it would be in the queue.

My question is whether or not they will have a queue video. If they did, what would it be about? Something original-like or just FvJ clips?

Agreed. Even though it was in the movie, I just don't feel metal would fit the overall tone. FvJ, I don't think will be as actiony, as either Havoc or AVP. 

Considering queue videos over the past few years, expect FvJ clips, if a video at all.

Queue videos these days are mostly an after thought. I think the days of elaborate videos that set up the story are gone. Now it's just generic images with the house name and maybe a movie trailer.

As for the music in the house, I hope they keep the classic theme songs in there somewhere and save the FVJ stuff for the end.

• Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

how come? the red lighting is pretty iconic as far as Freddy goes. and it is a very easy way to differentiate the different scenes and rooms, blue for Jason red for Freddy. I am kind of hoping they do it that way  

As someone who owns all the movies and grew up with them, I can tell you it's def not iconic. There have been a few scenes that were slightly tinted red here and there, but nowhere near fvsj level where the color is completel sucked out and replaced with bright red in post-production. Also the green scenes especially didn't fit either series.

• 2 months later...