Freddy vs. Jason

1898014164_05_Freddyvs.Jason.thumb.jpg.843bf65d7bb55b56b14d1e398d1b1e89.jpg

From the cursed Camp Crystal Lake to the nightmarish 1428 Elm Street, awake or asleep, you'll find yourself caught in the middle of this epic battle -- where the winner's reward is YOU.

• 7 months later...

I'm just grateful our first official info wasn't TWD. I realize it's inevitable that that POS is coming.. but small victories and all that.

I've only seen the first couple Nightmare on Elm Street movies and the first couple Friday the 13th movies. I'm not into the whole - "let's make a million sequels until these kids stop buying tickets" mentality, so once the sequels start to suck, I stop watching.. As a result, I never saw "Freddy vs Jason". I really had no desire to see it because it seemed stupid to me, and Rotten Tomatoes gives it a crap score (not a shocker). However, shall I assume the house will be based on this movie? Or do you think they will do something with their own story for them? If I need to see the movie, I will.. thoughts?

I'm just grateful our first official info wasn't TWD. I realize it's inevitable that that POS is coming.. but small victories and all that.

I've only seen the first couple Nightmare on Elm Street movies and the first couple Friday the 13th movies. I'm not into the whole - "let's make a million sequels until these kids stop buying tickets" mentality, so once the sequels start to suck, I stop watching.. As a result, I never saw "Freddy vs Jason". I really had no desire to see it because it seemed stupid to me, and Rotten Tomatoes gives it a crap score (not a shocker). However, shall I assume the house will be based on this movie? Or do you think they will do something with their own story for them? If I need to see the movie, I will.. thoughts?

On Twitter it said that it would include iconic kills from movies in each series, which gave me the impression that it will not follow the movie, rather its own original story with famous kills by each character thrown in the mix.

• Like 1

On Twitter it said that it would include iconic kills from movies in each series, which gave me the impression that it will not follow the movie, rather its own original story with famous kills by each character thrown in the mix.

Either way, it will be the same setting as the films. Part of it is Camp Crystal Lake, Part of it is Elm Street, and the last part is the main actual Freddy VS Jason part, based on that article I posted above.

I really think this was the best way to start the announcement season. First Jack, then 2 of the most iconic slashers in horror history. I think they went the right way, and I'm very excited.

I'm hoping we get to see things featured in the separate franchises too, like long armed Freddy in the original NOES, or the different Jason looks, but who knows! I know A&D will give us one hell of an experience!

• Mark M. changed the title to Freddy vs. Jason