HHN 25 Discussion

What is a 3d maze like? The only haunt I have ever been to is Howl O Scream in Williamsburg, and they never have any 3d mazes.

It varies. The In Between was incredible. The Afterlife was so-so (could have been a great regular house). Penn and Teller was fun. They seem to be hot or miss. People seem to love them or hate them.

• Like 2

What is a 3d maze like? The only haunt I have ever been to is Howl O Scream in Williamsburg, and they never have any 3d mazes.

Since real life is in 3D it's definitely a confusing concept :)  Basically, they paint stuff with neon paint and you wear those 3D fireworks glasses that just make those colors stick out.  So most of the house is black/dark and then there are black lights that make these special paints REALLY bright and they appear to be closer than they are and "float" around.

Screamscape posted : 

(7/30/15) I've heard for some time now that we would see the return of An American Werewolf in London maze for some reason for HHN25. I'm not quite sure what the planned improvements and changes might be, as the original maze was pretty darn epic to begin with, but a Screamscape source has confirmed laying eyes on it under construction once again. According to our source, they passed by one of the soundstages which had one of the giant doors left open and they clearly spotted the entrance to the Slaughtered Lamb pub as they passed, which served was the entrance to the original maze.
    Elsewhere in the park they also spotted a large "RUN" sign in place near Disaster, which also seems to confirm the rumors that the old "RUN" maze will also return in Disaster's queue. 

• Like 2

They're cheesy, cheap, and repetitive.

Usually, yeah, but In-Between was a phenomenal use of 3D. The only house that's used 3D effectively imo. Afterlife was AWFUL, P&T was a lot of fun, Jack's Funhouse back in 07 was alright. I think Alice lends itself very nicely to a 3D setting, and am hoping it doesn't come off cheesy, as Alice is a wonderful property for a house, and I don't wanna see it ruined by gimmicky 3D crap. 

• Like 4

I have a theory about the 4 locked areas on the sweepstakes. 

As others have suggested, the video maybe a clue that the Purge will be one of the hordes. This means the 4 items may not be house announcements as we suspected. The other thing displayed on the sweepstakes pages is Jack's Maniacs. It even has a link to become a follower. 

Maybe the 4 items will be Jack's Maniacs. A Purge horde. Chance(?). Could Tiny or  the Doctor from CoC return? We know there are two hordes rumored, so one could be for the other horde. 

There's also the rumored zone in NY that could fit Jack's Maniacs. So, Tiny and the Doctor (does anyone remember his name?) wouldn't need to be brought back. 
Edited by mystiquephreeq

Yeah Averixx...i saw the screamscape posting...can anyone out there confirm or deny these findings? I was in UO last week, and didn't see any of this. BTW, new to posting...but been reading as a guest for past like 2 years...so i feel like i know most of you...lol! Happy Haunting!

• Like 2

I never actually watched the whole CoC show. I didn't realize he died. (I'm not a show person!)

With two rumored hordes, Chance being hinted at, and Tiny or the NY SZ, Dr. Pinetti would be unnecessary to fill one of the locked spots. 

In other news, The Purge video found in the code on the sweepstake's page is private now. 

Mike has confirmed the location for TWD is the parade building. 

That means SS21 and Shrek are most likely Anniversary and Alice, respectively. 

That's going to be such an awful, long, wet walk from set for our swimmers. I just feel terrible for whoever gets cast there.

• Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

Anybody who is wondering what Hollywood's leak list is that's being referenced, Here it is:

-The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far (Confirmed)
-Insidious: Return to The Further (Confirmed)
-Crimson Peak: Maze of Madness (Confirmed)
-AVP: Alien vs. Predator
-Halloween
-This is the End
-Terror Tram: Survive the Night (The Purge)
-Jabbawockeez Show (Hip-Hop Dance Crew)

I feel bad for HHN-Hollywood based on that list.

Also in Mike's list he said they are listing properties for next year...so, another IP year next year. Jesus.

I kind of went at Mike a bit on his personal twitter - check all his recent replies - but he indirectly admitted that there's (unfortunately) more at play than just him, suggesting corporate is up his ass.

I feel bad for HHN-Hollywood based on that list.

Also in Mike's list he said they are listing properties for next year...so, another IP year next year. Jesus.

I kind of went at Mike a bit on his personal twitter - check all his recent replies - but he indirectly admitted that there's (unfortunately) more at play than just him, suggesting corporate is up his ass.

Read the post and thought it was a little much.  I share your disappointment with IPs, but maybe going at the guy on Twitter isn't the right answer. Certainly thought you had good points...still, you should be taking it out on marketing, not Mike.

If anything, I think Mike is the only reason we get any original content.  Without him, it'd be all IPs. 

• Like 2

now that announcement season is happening i want to re-tell my list for this year which is the only different one from everyone else. 

freddy vs jason

awil

walking dead

scream

insidious

alice in wonderland

psychoscarepy

body collectors

anniversary house with a twist

remember this list everyone...

• Like 1

Read the post and thought it was a little much.  I share your disappointment with IPs, but maybe going at the guy on Twitter isn't the right answer. Certainly thought you had good points...still, you should be taking it out on marketing, not Mike.

If anything, I think Mike is the only reason we get any original content.  Without him, it'd be all IPs. 

You're probably right. He's the only point of access to the marketing/corporate teams, and if he shares the feelings people are then maybe we can see change? Devil's advocate, he's in charge, and should be pushing harder in one way than he currently seems to be (puppeteering).

now that announcement season is happening i want to re-tell my list for this year which is the only different one from everyone else. 

anniversary house with a twist

remember this list everyone...

This is gonna be classic...

• Like 5