HHN 25 Discussion

It's been mentioned on Twitter there's a full moon on July 31. I think you can see where I'm going with that.

oh.. AWiL. Great.... I mean that's the one that makes logical sense.

Edited by Marco-S

That's assuming 1) there's an announcement this week and 2) AWIL is getting its own announcement. Neither is guaranteed. A full moon this week doesn't mean anything. There's also a full moon the last week of August.

That's assuming 1) there's an announcement this week and 2) AWIL is getting its own announcement. Neither is guaranteed. A full moon this week doesn't mean anything. There's also a full moon the last week of August.

wouldn't those two points just lead to AWiL being the announcement or at least a good bet... 

If there's a full moon the last week of August, and AWiL is getting its own announcement... Then the end of August would be the rest of the houses and scare zones and stuff, right? 

This is my first year going to Halloween Horror Nights does anyone have any tips or tricks?

Make sure you purchase the Express Pass. If not, make sure you get there before they open. Lines will build up almost all night until late. You can hit a few things right at the beginning without waiting if you don't mind doing things in daylight.

If you're unfamiliar with the park, I find that it can help to scout out the different restroom locations scattered throughout the park. Some of them are way more crowded (for example, the 1 near Bill & Ted) than others, so why waste time in a line for a restroom if there is no need.

Depending on your age and who you're traveling with, it's can be good sometimes (assuming you have space) to pack a poncho if you think it's going to rain. Sometimes when it the rain starts coming down you can get soaked and it can make the evening slightly less enjoyable.

If you plan on only going 1 or 2 nights and you want to see everything, don't wander around aimlessly. Try to always be in line for something (unless camping out in a scare zone for entertainment). I think they have an app that allows you to keep track of the wait times at the various houses. When it is running correctly, this can be a handy tool to help send you in the correct direction too.

This goes without saying (hopefully), but don't attempt to bring weapons or drugs into the park. Security makes you go through a metal detector and they wand you down as well. They also look through your bags and stuff for these items.

If you drink beer, mine as well go with the Fosters. It's a much better deal for the size of the can.

Don't have a sit down meal while you're there (my opinion). You have plenty of time to check out restaurants anytime, this is HHN... there is no time for that stuff. There are plenty of food options you can either eat quickly or chow down while you walk or wait. 

Assuming you stay until it closes, try to hit at least 1 house at the very end. There are less people at the very end, and they won't toss you out if you are in a line.

Don't miss the Bill & Ted Show! Party on dudes!

• Like 2

wouldn't those two points just lead to AWiL being the announcement or at least a good bet... 

If there's a full moon the last week of August, and AWiL is getting its own announcement... Then the end of August would be the rest of the houses and scare zones and stuff, right? 

No. They could announce TWD this week. They could announce the anniversary house. Or they could announce nothing at all.

Or they could save AWIL for a bulk release the final week of August.

No. They could announce TWD this week. They could announce the anniversary house. Or they could announce nothing at all.

Or they could save AWIL for a bulk release the final week of August.

well I made a guess based on the clue that another member gave.. (Which I can't seem to find on Twitter anyway)... After all I am subject to my own opinion and allowed to guess, while you denying everything to be the king of the hill is quite immature and rude.. Seriously. 

And I believe you misinterpreted my last post... I said with your two points, wouldn't AWiL be a good bet.. And the answer is yes. Using chronologicality you'd know the last full moon would probably be the roundup announcement.. So if we knew that AWIL was getting its own announcement, and they'd been hinting with the full moon and others such, it would make sense. If you could see my logic. I wasn't saying that it would be announced this week, but using the 2 things you stated it would determine that it was AWiL this week. If you leave out the part where it is getting its own announcement, then the roundup announcement and site release would make sense. 

I was using what you said I was assuming to explain why. If that makes any sense now. 

Make sure you purchase the Express Pass. If not, make sure you get there before they open. Lines will build up almost all night until late. You can hit a few things right at the beginning without waiting if you don't mind doing things in daylight.

If you're unfamiliar with the park, I find that it can help to scout out the different restroom locations scattered throughout the park. Some of them are way more crowded (for example, the 1 near Bill & Ted) than others, so why waste time in a line for a restroom if there is no need.

Depending on your age and who you're traveling with, it's can be good sometimes (assuming you have space) to pack a poncho if you think it's going to rain. Sometimes when it the rain starts coming down you can get soaked and it can make the evening slightly less enjoyable.

If you plan on only going 1 or 2 nights and you want to see everything, don't wander around aimlessly. Try to always be in line for something (unless camping out in a scare zone for entertainment). I think they have an app that allows you to keep track of the wait times at the various houses. When it is running correctly, this can be a handy tool to help send you in the correct direction too.

This goes without saying (hopefully), but don't attempt to bring weapons or drugs into the park. Security makes you go through a metal detector and they wand you down as well. They also look through your bags and stuff for these items.

If you drink beer, mine as well go with the Fosters. It's a much better deal for the size of the can.

Don't have a sit down meal while you're there (my opinion). You have plenty of time to check out restaurants anytime, this is HHN... there is no time for that stuff. There are plenty of food options you can either eat quickly or chow down while you walk or wait. 

Assuming you stay until it closes, try to hit at least 1 house at the very end. There are less people at the very end, and they won't toss you out if you are in a line.

Don't miss the Bill & Ted Show! Party on dudes!

This sounds like great advice.

I've only been a wanderer around HHN. I've gone with family 2 years but sat around and just took in the atmosphere while they did everything. I like people watching so it was enjoyable to see everything at a slow pace. 

Though if you do decide to eat anywhere I recommend the monster cafe. It's kind of like quick service so pretty affordable but edible food. The atmosphere with the restaurant kind of ties into the whole theme of the night so if you do get hungry and the line and tables aren't too packed I'd shoot for that so you won't be pulled out of the experience as much as going to say... Finnegans

To clear up the moon hints. Those were not about HHN 25. The Blood Moon is the theme of HHN 5 at Universal Studios Singapore. This was given a reveal early today. The web site does not yet have any full details on the 4 houses and 3 scare zones yet - they plan to tease them on the site over the next few weeks.

But they sent out a full reveal press release to the media. So it's likely Singapore based media sites (that do, btw use English!) will be posting the line up shortly if they haven't already.

Sorry for the confusion, but that's what the whole Moon thing was actually about.

• Like 1

If you enter the new HHN 25 sweepstakes here, you are taken to a page with 4 pictures with locks on them, dated Aug. 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th. Dates for house/scarezone reveals or something else?

And checking the page source code leads to this video labeled HHN 25 Scare Video. It's The Purge. And it has this description: "I uncovered this scare: Will you? #HHN25 http://momentsdev.universalorlando.co..."

There's another video linked on the page, but it goes to a suspended account which doesn't seem to have anything to do with the event.

Edited by Dr Morgus
  • Like 1

If you enter the new HHN 25 sweepstakes here, you are taken to a page with 4 pictures with locks on them, dated Aug. 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th. Dates for house/scarezone reveals or something else?

And checking the page source code leads to this video labeled HHN 25 Scare Video. It's The Purge. And it has this description: "I uncovered this scare: Will you? #HHN25 http://momentsdev.universalorlando.co..."

There's another video linked on the page, but it goes to a suspended account which doesn't seem to have anything to do with the event.

Wow... That's some serious searching man! 

Pretty cool though thanks for the info! 

To clear up the moon hints. Those were not about HHN 25. The Blood Moon is the theme of HHN 5 at Universal Studios Singapore. This was given a reveal early today. The web site does not yet have any full details on the 4 houses and 3 scare zones yet - they plan to tease them on the site over the next few weeks.

But they sent out a full reveal press release to the media. So it's likely Singapore based media sites (that do, btw use English!) will be posting the line up shortly if they haven't already.

Sorry for the confusion, but that's what the whole Moon thing was actually about.

thank you for the clarification,... Makes much more sense now.

well I made a guess based on the clue that another member gave.. (Which I can't seem to find on Twitter anyway)... After all I am subject to my own opinion and allowed to guess, while you denying everything to be the king of the hill is quite immature and rude.. Seriously. 

And I believe you misinterpreted my last post... I said with your two points, wouldn't AWiL be a good bet.. And the answer is yes. Using chronologicality you'd know the last full moon would probably be the roundup announcement.. So if we knew that AWIL was getting its own announcement, and they'd been hinting with the full moon and others such, it would make sense. If you could see my logic. I wasn't saying that it would be announced this week, but using the 2 things you stated it would determine that it was AWiL this week. If you leave out the part where it is getting its own announcement, then the roundup announcement and site release would make sense. 

I was using what you said I was assuming to explain why. If that makes any sense now. 

You're right. I misinterpreted your post (and missed that you were responding to a previous comment referencing the moon). I was under the impression your tone was more, "this is why an announcement is happening," and not as speculative. My bad.

In regards to my rudeness, I can't really deny what I do. I've been playing this game a long time (too long, arguably), and as such tend to get a little short when I view something as more wishful than thoughtful. The constant "there will be an announcement this week" is (to me) entirely wishful thinking, and we're seeing a lot of it. Universal has already busted all historical patterns of marketing the event (Freddy vs Jason was the earliest announcement in years followed by the longest drought we've ever had), which means we can't rely on what has happened in the past.

I'll admit, I try to police speculation with counter-arguments leading statements. I do it because I want people to think and don't believe in just nodding at every post. Speculation is what I enjoy (even when I know almost everything in advance). It's pissed off a lot of people, but I also believe that, in some respects, it has actually helped the community. I may be wrong (probably am), but it's not gonna change.

• Like 5

Some are wondering if these dates are merely other dates for entering the contest. However the dates do not appear until one has already entered, thus I suspect they are possibly indeed for upcoming reveals.

perhaps Marketing has read all the bitching and bad mouthing directed towards them and have responded accordingly. The first date is August 4th.

They are telling all of us "See You Next Tuesday!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

You're right. I misinterpreted your post (and missed that you were responding to a previous comment referencing the moon). I was under the impression your tone was more, "this is why an announcement is happening," and not as speculative. My bad.

In regards to my rudeness, I can't really deny what I do. I've been playing this game a long time (too long, arguably), and as such tend to get a little short when I view something as more wishful than thoughtful. The constant "there will be an announcement this week" is (to me) entirely wishful thinking, and we're seeing a lot of it. Universal has already busted all historical patterns of marketing the event (Freddy vs Jason was the earliest announcement in years followed by the longest drought we've ever had), which means we can't rely on what has happened in the past.

I'll admit, I try to police speculation with counter-arguments leading statements. I do it because I want people to think and don't believe in just nodding at every post. Speculation is what I enjoy (even when I know almost everything in advance). It's pissed off a lot of people, but I also believe that, in some respects, it has actually helped the community. I may be wrong (probably am), but it's not gonna change.

No don't worry, it's all good. I get frustrated easily on these things sometimes, happens to the best of us. I love reading your comments and hearing your thoughts because they often present a side of which I haven't though of yet. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the tips guys! I am going to HHN for 4 nights so i wont have to rush.

Four nights? Nice! Especially for a newcomer. I've been going since 2013 and have only gone one night each year. This year I'm going two nights. Have fun! You can get a lot done without Express in four nights.

There is a third Purge movie in the works. But why would this be in a source code on an HHN page? The only way The Purge would be at the event would be if one of the scarezones on the leaked list is wrong, which I guess is possible. 

Yeah but the 3rd Purge movie doesn't come out until July 1, 2016... It would be pointless to do it again this year. Plus- it would make it feel even less like an anniversary year, even though it really doesn't already... 

• Like 2

Yeah but the 3rd Purge movie doesn't come out until July 1, 2016... It would be pointless to do it again this year. Plus- it would make it feel even less like an anniversary year, even though it really doesn't already... 

Supposedly Hollywood's doing Purge as Terror Tram this year, so who knows. But why would that Purge video be in the code of that page?

Edited by ForeverEvil1
  • Like 1