HHN 25 Speculation

JDW

Guest kiwisoup

Was there ever a time where they created a theme throughout the whole park? Excluding that year with the twd takeover.

HHN 17 Carnival of Carnage had the whole park carnival themed "Midway of the Bizarre" with no official scare zones on the map, unlike with The Walkind Dead at HHN 23.

HHN 17 Carnival of Carnage had the whole park carnival themed "Midway of the Bizarre" with no official scare zones on the map, unlike with The Walkind Dead at HHN 23.

This was nothing like 2005 which had an entire theme and storyline with all the houses and streets co-existing in the storyline. The closest we came to 2005 was 2008, IMO which were the last two GREAT all-around years.

C'mon, the whole park as a carnival??? That is extremely unlikely. I could see a zone or maybe even 2, but how would they effectively convert the whole park into a carnival and do it in a convincing manner that blends everything together? If they made the whole park a carnival, chances are it would be pretty lame since the theoretical houses and scare zones have little to nothing to do with anything a carnival. Someone want to explain how or why they would do this?

C'mon, the whole park as a carnival??? That is extremely unlikely. I could see a zone or maybe even 2, but how would they effectively convert the whole park into a carnival and do it in a convincing manner that blends everything together? If they made the whole park a carnival, chances are it would be pretty lame since the theoretical houses and scare zones have little to nothing to do with anything a carnival. Someone want to explain how or why they would do this?

They did in 2007, with the theme and scarezones.

Jack "brought in" Feddy, Jason and Letherface as the sideshow acts, all 3 had a house and Jack had his Funhouse in 3D. Throw in Dead Silence, Vampyr, and The Thing.

"Carnival of Carnage only featured one official Scare Zone at the start of the event. It was to be a roaming parkwide Scare Zone, however after the first weekend of the event complaints and reviews by fans about the lack of Scare Zones and the amount of dead space prompted Universal to add a Scare Zone located in Shrek Alley."

Midway of the Bizarre

Jack the Clown has plumbed the depths of his depravation to transform all of Halloween Horror Nights into the Midway of the Bizarre- a spine-tingling, multi-sensory spectacle! See such sinister sideshows as the Rat Lady, the Chainsaw Drill Team, Motormaniacs, Killer Carnies, and the Troupe Macabre! Location information below.

For shows you had the "Freak Show" featuring Brian Brushwood, RHPS, B&T and of course Jack's Carnival of Carnage Show.

The props throughout the park were all carnival themed and even had a ferris wheel in front of MIB.

More information:

http://www.horrornightnightmares.com/hhn-xvii-carnival-of-carnage/

So basically, they already did it.

They did in 2007, with the theme and scarezones.

So basically, they already did it.

Like you said, there weren't scare zones like what we're getting this year. It seems as though it may have been marketed as the whole park being transformed into a carnival, but was it in reality? Also, was what they put together (all of it) done in a cohesive manner that truly made sense?

Looking at our potential line-up, do you think it makes sense for it to be carnival themed?

And everyone is forgetting 22 (2012), where the whole park was a graveyard.

Like I said earlier, if my sources are wrong, oh well. This is really the big question, though. Is there a changing of the inside information guard? Is Universal start a rumor war with the fans? Most importantly, does who's right really matter? I think it's funny this conversation has basically overtaken spec though.

And everyone is forgetting 22 (2012), where the whole park was a graveyard.

Like I said earlier, if my sources are wrong, oh well. This is really the big question, though. Is there a changing of the inside information guard? Is Universal start a rumor war with the fans? Most importantly, does who's right really matter? I think it's funny this conversation has basically overtaken spec though.

I agree. Most of us who been around a while know who we can trust and what sources have a good track record. Also, no I don't think this year will be a overall carnival theme. It makes no sense besides being part of Jack's background.

Back to speculation, please.

How exactly can they advertize 5 unique scarezones if it's allegedly all one carnival scarezone?

Well obviously there's the midway portion,

But then "oooh, beware the deep fried food truck zone!"

"Watch your back at the livestock pens!"

And even then I just ran out of ideas to sarcastically suggest

How exactly can they advertize 5 unique scarezones if it's allegedly all one carnival scarezone?

Goodness you guys think to literal and not outside the box at all

I'm finding myself fascinated by the appearing/disappearing teddy bear(?) backside.

Did last year's clown disappear as quickly? Why give us that hint/misdirection? We know it was meant for the fans. Flopping an obvious piece of scenic over the side of a wall was meant to stir discussions. Why? Are they trying to engange us in the small ways they can? Trying to stir discussions? Trying to misdirect us?

It's probably one of the oddest things I've encountered in my years of speculating. Mainly due to it being a thought I'd never even consider as ever being HHN related. "Why is/was there a teddy bear butt?!!!"

And beyond Run with a carnival games theme, I have yet to see a theory as to how it could fit into any of the houses.

Beyond that, two new permits today. SS24A and SS21. The 24A suggests we will see a B. That's 4 SS houses then.

Full run down of permit locations:

SS24A

SS22

SS21

Tent 1

Shrek

Disaster Queue

B79 aka Parade Bldg

We should (logically) see SS24B.

We also have the mystery permit that still lacks a location.

We will either see a permit for Tent 2 or SS24 which will allow us to narrow the mystery permit's location.

While we have had more houses than permits, we have never had more permits than houses, so the mystery permit must be for one of the remaining locations. My best guess is it is Tent 2. Historically (and per Mike iirc), the tents and Disaster queue have begun construction first.

• Like 3

I'm not confident about the whole "ursine" aspect of the plush.

Most conventional bear toys are designed to be bipedal, meaning the front two limbs are more resembling of hands than feet. That is not the case with the Disaster Stuffed Animal. In the image, there is a third foot between the two hind legs, making it at least a tripedal animal. The short tail might actually misguide us because of its position. It could be a longer tail just bent over the front of the body, allowing the ideas of lions & elephants come into play.

As for the last permit, I'd be taken aback if it wasn't tent 2. Having it closer to the entrance of the park would only make the back of the park more barren.