Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

Over Here! was a musical that won a Tony award for best performance by a featured actress and in the movie Say Anything (which is from the 80's and was a comedy/romance) John Cusack's girlfriend's name in the movie was Diane (or dyin). Probably not right, but it's a guess anyways.

I liked "how we love damn yankees dyin", but unfortunately Damn Yankees was made into a movie.

The more times I read Murdy's quote, "Definitely out of our comfort zone", the more I think the property could be a game. Why would he not be comfortable converting a movie into a house?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Over Here! was a musical that won a Tony award for best performance by a featured actress and in the movie Say Anything (which is from the 80's and was a comedy/romance) John Cusack's girlfriend's name in the movie was Diane (or dyin). Probably not right, but it's a guess anyways.

I liked "how we love damn yankees dyin", but unfortunately Damn Yankees was made into a movie.

The more times I read Murdy's quote, "Definitely out of our comfort zone", the more I think the property could be a game. Why would he not be comfortable converting a movie into a house?

Maybe certain elements from the movie are hard to translate inside a maze. Maybe something related to puppets or costumes that are more elaborate than usual? Idk.

Oh god you've got my hopes up for BioShock now. Since he did say that some might not call it horror, it fits that category.

It's interesting that the order doesn't matter with the Name Game answers. I suppose that means that somehow all 4 answers in any order are clues connecting to the property. Also any of the bonus clues could be a red herring (which is absurd) and the musical could have won any Tony award, not just best musical.

if he means games it might be The Evil Within thats the only game he openly looked into this year...and liked.

The only problem is that The Evil Within is undeniably horror, so it couldn't be the out-of-the-box property. Plus he said that he looked into it, instead of not answering my question at all, which I think he would have done if it were featured at the event. So, as much as I wish it were not this way, I don't think it's happening.

Edit: Looking back on it, he said it's "WAY" outside the box. So that probably means it is something that nobody would consider horror, which he is going to make horrifying.

Edited by deliciousoatmeal

It's not a complete shot in the dark, though. She's been on surveys in the past, and with her now being cast on AHS, she has a relevant, marketable horror connection while still being totally not horror.

• Like 1

It's not a complete shot in the dark, though. She's been on surveys in the past, and with her now being cast on AHS, she has a relevant, marketable horror connection while still being totally not horror.

Lady Gaga is definitely a creative chick.. She could design a really sick and theatrical maze, without a doubt..

2 questions: Why is everyone talking about Lady Gaga and why is nobody talking about the fact that Halloween is a valid candidate for Name Game 2.0?

Would this be another Carpenter's Halloween maze or is it finally time for Mr. Zombie to return to HHN Hollywood with his re-imagining of Halloween?

What are the odds that the outside the box property is based off (loosely) the film Fantastic Voyage. For those who don't know the gist of what the film is about, check it out here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Voyage

I think the concept could be rather interesting if it could be pulled off. It could be a 3d house. You get shrunk down in size and have to navigate the inner workings of a human body. Since you've an invader, the body tries to kill you off in various ways.

Murdy said it was a wacky idea. He also said that it could be great or it could suck and that it was outside his comfort zone. Attempting to create a house off that film would fit the criteria I think. I know it's pretty crazy and random, but hey, that's me.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Hi I've been lurking for a while and I finally made time to make an account... For Name Game 2.0 I feel Halloween is a very good possibility because all of the hits fit perfectly. As for the out of the box property, I'm stumped because I thought it was Mad Max until Murdy confirmed it wasn't. Now, I see it being something Pan related or heck maybe even Rocky Horror I don't know though.

I brought this up before, but has Ghostbusters been officially taken off the table yet? I think that would be a very valid candidate for an out-of-the-box property. Anybody want to ask John about that?

Also, I'd be cool with getting Halloween one more time. If anything, I think that's a strong possibility since, if the FVJ leak is legit, Murdy would want a "legendary" line-up with Freddy, Myers, and Jason in the same event.

If they do Halloween again, I for see it being either reprising the original with a different layout, or a mix of both the first and second one with some creative liberties.

• Like 1