Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

Straight Outta Compton - Join the NWA and fight for your life on the streets.

Unfriended - Stare at a computer screen for 5 minutes WHILE sitting in the dark.

Okay seriously though I'm out of ideas. What else could be out of the box? We've mentioned the action movies being released this year that could be translated into a maze. Alice is possibly out for us. What else is there?!

I think if anything Crimson Peak would be here since like you said he really wants to work with Del Toro, and then Orlando will get Scream since Murdy wants nothing to do with that property. (Which I don't think is a bad thing, I don't think Ghostface is scary at all) And your right usually we most likely would have shared CP, but this is one of the first years where we have an abundance of Universal properties to choose from - Sinister 2, Insidious, Krampus, Crimson Peak, etc. so it makes sense both parks would have a slightly different line up.

Maybe he wanted to work with del Torro this year, but was, once again, too busy. I don't see Crimson Peak happening this year, personally; especially with Insidious being a ghost maze.

I'm stumped now. Murdy got us. Haha

This just popped into my head, but what if the "Out of the box" maze property is none other than Harry Potter?

*It's well-known but not as a horror property

*It makes sense with him having to get approval from "lots of different players/parties"

*It would also act as a preview/promotion for Hollywood's Wizarding World of Harry Potter land opening next year

I might be late of saying this also but in the HHNFanboy video of the full panel of the Monsterpalooza panel, at the 17-21 second mark. John was going to say that this year would be the last year for him and Chris but then re-said it to be the tenth year anniversary. If anyone needs the video, I'll post it too but you can find it on his YouTube channel.

Edit:

...that'd be interesting but I'd doubt it..just for now that is.

Edited by Alexshow

This just popped into my head, but what if the "Out of the box" maze property is none other than Harry Potter?

*It's well-known but not as a horror property

*It makes sense with him having to get approval from "lots of different players/parties"

*It would also act as a preview/promotion for Hollywood's Wizarding World of Harry Potter land opening next year

For a maze I think it would be rather laughable to most guests, but I think a scarezone would be better in 2016, since you could easily base it on a solid concept and event from the books/movies.

For a maze I think it would be rather laughable to most guests, but I think a scarezone would be better in 2016, since you could easily base it on a solid concept and event from the books/movies.

Very true... Only question is... would Warner Bros. finally lighten up and allow it to happen? I've heard in the past that Orlando's A&D have wanted to use the Harry Potter areas at UO in some fashion for HHN and JK Rowling was fine with it but WB was not..

Call me crazy, but I think this out of the box property could be Game of Thrones. Dr. Jimmy posted a series of pictures a couple weeks ago hinting to Orlando's lineup, and it matched up perfectly with the leaked list of houses. Right after that he posted some pictures that I think could've linked to Hollywood's line up. Amongst those pictures was a promo pic for Crimson Peak and a picture of the iron throne from Game of Thrones. Just throwing the idea out there, as it fits the criteria for "out of the box" pretty well!

Sorry I still have a lot to catch up on, but what else could they do besides white walkers?

I could see it being sorta like Dracula Untold. I forgot the name of the village, but there was a village burnt in the show. The Battle of Castle Black, the Giants in the battle, possibly a dragon puppet (at least a portion of it), and I'm sure there's more I can't think of right now. It might not be the best choice but I'd take it over another rocker 3D maze.

Edited by Arsik_22

Call me crazy, but I think this out of the box property could be Game of Thrones. Dr. Jimmy posted a series of pictures a couple weeks ago hinting to Orlando's lineup, and it matched up perfectly with the leaked list of houses. Right after that he posted some pictures that I think could've linked to Hollywood's line up. Amongst those pictures was a promo pic for Crimson Peak and a picture of the iron throne from Game of Thrones. Just throwing the idea out there, as it fits the criteria for "out of the box" pretty well!

Game of Thrones....interesting, I haven't seen Dr. Jimmy's photos, but if he posted a pic of Crimson Peak's still, I guess it's still quite possible. I think it would be fantastic set-wise.

Haven't seen the show, but that could be an awesome maze.

Well, I'm pretty sure there will be another 3D maze anyway.

So if Crimson Peak is what we get, would we still get Insidious? It could be another "Oh both properties are about (x) but they aren't the same type of (x)"

I've also never seen Game of Thrones. Does it actually have potential? I'd be down but would it be scary?

Edit: Also, where does Dr. Jimmy post these pictures you speak of? I haven't been able to find them

Edited by deliciousoatmeal

but this is one of the first years where we have an abundance of Universal properties to choose from - Sinister 2, Insidious, Krampus, Crimson Peak, etc. so it makes sense both parks would have a slightly different line up.

That's my logic but you know leaks for sister theme parks apparently voids all logic.... *sigh*

JK does not want anything Harry Potter to be touched by HHN.

Environments are way different... same reason we got away with two Vampires mazes last year.

Fast and Furious has gotten REALLY big and will likely have a huge ride opening. It would be a massive shame if they couldn't work out having a shuttle going directly toward that ride like Kong in 2010. That would do wonders for capacity.

If they cant work out having that and Terror Tram open, they should just nix the latter. It would certainly be more popular than the Terror Tram. ;)

• Like 1