Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster! I'd figure I'd add in some of my own speculation while we wait for more rumors. I think this year we'll get 9 regular houses with one fully interactive upcharge house. I know there's been a rumor that every house would have some kind of interactive bluetooth feature, but a fully interactive house wouldn't be feasible for every guest. My guesses:

The Walking Dead

American Horror Story

One of Universal's 2015 releases (Insidious or Crimson Peak)

A house devoted to Jack

Scary Tales 4

Nightingales 2

Dark Christmas with a potential Krampus tie in

Two new originals

TWD hasn't had enough so far this season that would translate to a house, but I don't think marketing would want to let go of this IP. Based on Dr Jimmy's clues from a few weeks ago, he's hinting towards sequels, and my best guesses are Scary Tales and Nightingales. It's been a bit since there was a Scary Tales and Nightingales would be the perfect sequel house. I don't think we'll have a classic IP this year unless it's Hitchcock. Does anyone have details on what the Ritual house would have been last year?

Welcome. I like they way you think. But I can't shake the feeling that there will be a lot more IPs. I don't expect Hitchcock though either.

As for ritual, as the others said, It takes place in a house where satanic rituals happened. A child moves in to find out something very dark now lives there.

• Like 2

Welcome. I like they way you think. But I can't shake the feeling that there will be a lot more IPs. I don't expect Hitchcock though either.

As for ritual, as the others said, It takes place in a house where satanic rituals happened. A child moves in to find out something very dark now lives there.

Given that it's the 25th anniversary, I'm hoping market will ease up on the IPs. One tie in house is a given at this point, and if the Dark Christmas rumors end up being true they could call the house "Dark Christmas featuring Krampus".

I think Resident Evil may have been one of the biggest let downs I've had since attending. It was alright, but I think it could have been much better. Maybe they would prefer not to make game houses because they can't relate to them as well and thus the finished product is not well received.

Was Silent Hill really that disliked? It wasn't the best, but I don't remember hating it either.

I enjoyed both houses. Silent Hill was totally killer in terms of scenic, but it wasn't a great house overall. RE was poorly recieved due in part to the fact it had somewhat of comedic twist that the general public wasn't expecting.

Was Silent Hill really that disliked? It wasn't the best, but I don't remember hating it either.

Not sure if this is a popular opinion among the more passionate fans like ourselves, but I personally felt it was the worst case of failed potential and worst execution I've seen in the past 10 years. The opening with the sign, "Welcome to Silent Hill" sign, and the (very sparingly used) ashed falling was absolutely perfect.

Everything in the house past that was a failure in my eyes.

The chainlink fence maze was terribly executed.

Pyramid Head was completely underutilized, used in the wrong way, was not given enough house time, and was not given his sword outside of the VERY easy to miss effect above your head right before his "scene".

Very low on scare factor.

Big open rooms with no or very little substance.

And a lackluster ending. Nothing about that house shined to me outside of the opening. I understand it was thrown onto A&D severely late in the game and that the house was originally something else (AWIL I believe) so I don't completely fault A&D but it's at the bottom of my list of houses I've seen done at HHN, and I'd be willing to throw in the dozen or so houses I've seen at HoS.

As far as the GP goes, it seems like it was received fairly decently. Gothic, Dead End and HoH were absolutely the highest rated from what I've seen, followed by P&T and probably TWD, leaving SH and AC at the bottom of the list, though that doesn't mean they were hated by the GP.

This is just a total guess on my part as far as the GP's reaction goes, but the fact that they haven't even included video games on recent surveys may indicate the concept, SH and RE alike, was not their greatest prospect. Though that may just be due to execution, not because games can't be used in a successful house setting.

If they want to use RE right, give us Japan's street from 2013, though I don't think they'd ever allow what was pulled off there in USF.

If they want to use RE right, give us Japan's street from 2013, though I don't think they'd ever allow what was pulled off there in USF.

I was looking at Singapore's scare zones from last year and they looked pretty impressive. I don't think I've seen a scare zone of that magnitude since I've started attending HHN Orlando.

My all-time favorite so far was Saws 'n Steam back in HHN 20. It was located in Sting Alley. They pumped that alley completely filled with fog and the scare actors did such a good job of lurking around the edges of the buildings. All you could see was their goggles that lit up and an occasional giant wrench when they'd reach out of the fog to attack you. I love that alley. They could put just about anything there (except maybe Lady Luck) and it would look cool.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Since we have been discussing a desire for more interactive capabilities and the Legendary Truth experience's return, I figured I would give an update on the antenna situation.

There are 9 permits for new antennas now. The locations are listed as:

1 Entrance

2 Magic shop

3 Spongebob

4 Kwik-E-Mart

5 Fear Factor

6 Candy Shop

7 Finnegan's

8 Monster's Cafe

9 Production Central

Hopefully, these new antennas bode well for future interactive elements (wifi, RFID, apps, etc)

• Like 2

Since we have been discussing a desire for more interactive capabilities and the Legendary Truth experience's return, I figured I would give an update on the antenna situation.

There are 9 permits for new antennas now. The locations are listed as:

1 Entrance

2 Magic shop

3 Spongebob

4 Kwik-E-Mart

5 Fear Factor

6 Candy Shop

7 Finnegan's

8 Monster's Cafe

9 Production Central

Hopefully, these new antennas bode well for future interactive elements (wifi, RFID, apps, etc)

I'm honestly having a difficult time trying to remember where the magic shop is, unless you're referring to the Harry Potter shop in the other area of the park.

Care to enlighten me?

This is kind of a random question that I'm not sure anyone can answer but... Does anyone know very roughly when Universal starts purchasing whatever masks and items they may need for HHN? Is it as soon as each house/street design is approved, do they wait until construction begins, or is it somewhere in between?

This is kind of a random question that I'm not sure anyone can answer but... Does anyone know very roughly when Universal starts purchasing whatever masks and items they may need for HHN? Is it as soon as each house/street design is approved, do they wait until construction begins, or is it somewhere in between?

Most of the costumes and masks are made by universal. There are a lot that are reused with original houses/streets and such, and if possible with IPs as well. Same with a lot of the props. They have loads of them in storage that they have collected over the years and they have a group of people who go around to antique shops, thrift stores, etc. and get anything else that they don't currently have in storage. There really isn't time to wait until construction begins to start preparing props, set pieces, costumes, etc.

• Like 1

When they decide to buy masks, it's after costumes/masks are designed and approved. Based on when house designs are finalized, I'd say it's typically June/July timeframe.

• Like 1

I know it's probably nothing, but I noticed one particular company selling quite a few Freddy Krueger masks the past few weeks. I'm not talking about your run of the mill mask either, I'm talking about top of the line silicone ones that cost about $550 each. I believe they are a company that is known for producing some of the best Krueger masks on the market. I have quite an imagination, so I pictured Universal putting in an order, the company making a bunch of then, and then someone choosing the 20 or 30 best ones to fill the order and what was left had to be sold off.

Here is a picture of what one of their masks looks like. The picture on the left is from the movie, the one on the right is their mask.

http://i42.tinypic.com/fn7g3p.jpg

Universal must have Freddy masks already, but what condition are they in now, and how good was the quality back when they were originally used? I know they do outsource some of their mask purchases (or at least Singapore does for sure).

It's probably nothing, it just seemed a little odd to me. I wouldn't have even noticed if I hadn't been searching for a mask to purchase for myself.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Someone correct me if my memory is faulty...

Uni made the last set of masks for Freddy, right? Then they had to get the masks approved by New Line? Universal still molds many of the masks used at the event.

DOC from FaceOff posted an HHN 25 mold on Instagram in December or January. At least, he tagged it as HHN 25.

I think they mold 80-90% of the masks, but they have no issue purchasing more generic ones (or unique ones). I know of one mask purchase from 2013 that was never used.
  • Like 1

Alot of costume pieces also come from your local thrift stores too.

All the make up is in house but they do go to Haunt conventions to see what's new and they put there twist on it.. It's cheaper to do it in house then go out and buy it.

Transworld is coming up so you'll see what's new in the world of Haunts very very very soon.

Someone correct me if my memory is faulty...

Uni made the last set of masks for Freddy, right? Then they had to get the masks approved by New Line? Universal still molds many of the masks used at the event.

DOC from FaceOff posted an HHN 25 mold on Instagram in December or January. At least, he tagged it as HHN 25.

I believe they did. The mouth was weird on them. they hung down all slack jawed on some of them. I wonder if it was just wear and tear as the event went on.

• Like 1