Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

I will be watching how the puzzles are worded. I can usually recognize an author's literary voice.

So far, she has used the same style of wording and type of clues.

I actually meant audial voice on this one. The written voice seems to match the typical A-A, eight-ten syllable couplet that August and Ifrit followed. But that's from a less concerned investigator.

There could be many reasons:

They were sick when they recorded this one.

They meant to make her sound more witchy. (I also remember the reverb was way too high on the first recording and more whispered)

They forgot whatever voice setting they used (if they were altering the voice).

The voice actress wasn't available so they had to get another.

They broke up with the voice talent ... literally anything

But I can't make a fair comparison because the blooming audio is missing

I'll search my hard drive when I get home. I know I tried to manipulate it last year and I even found the music she had playing.

I actually meant audial voice on this one. The written voice seems to match the typical A-A, eight-ten syllable couplet that August and Ifrit followed. But that's from a less concerned investigator.

Every author has a style, especially in poetry. That's what I meant. She's similar to Our Mutual Friend from 2011 and the Ifrit. Closer to the Ifrit though.

Our mutual friend tended to use very precise couplets. Cassi is not as precise, but even our mutual friend stumbled. Certain words not flowing as easily as others.

Oddly enough, our mutual friend's style was very close to the style used in Lady Luck's backstory.

Cassi said master maybe fear or she could be the icon.

Or the reason we are getting an icon.

legacy or anyone what do u think?

Last year, several of her clues seemed to heavily imply she was working for Jack, or potentially Dr. Oddfellow. It was a big part of the character she established, which is why it was so confounding when she just stopped. When it became official that Jack WASN'T returning last year she went in to hiding. Now we know Jack is back and she returns.

I absolutely don't believe her character is official, and I think the only "master" she's referring to is a clown.

Well she never really said Jack was back last year. Just said she was working for him. She got hung up on the last minute house swaps. All clues had been given but she vanished for the year. So yeah definitely not official (Plus A&D told me they had no idea who she was).

I see it as a fun time waster to get info and to see if she can "one up" what I already know :P

So far... she hasn't. I've known everything she knew at roughly the same time her clues came out or before. That would imply she is a well informed fan.

Never the less she servers her purpose for supplying sensitive info we shouldn't have in advance and to entertain people hungry for HHN info. Same as Emric, Autumn Wind, and The Ifrit.

• Like 2

So, I downloaded the video as an mp3 and amplified the audio.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oti4jsa4zs5e9z9/something.mp3?dl=0

It didn't have a name, as far as I know, so the name I gave it is indicative of nothing.

Sadly, playing it backwards doesn't seem to do anything but show me that the background "music" is the same forwards and backwards. Though I might have heard a bit of the old audio in the background.

Thanks that helps:

this is what I hear. Only one word I can't quite make out but basically delay.

The time grows near as the rope tightens and the clock ticks.

Your heart is full of fear as your eyes transfix.

I may have been delayed but you cant *something* fate

Many paths like splendid brocade

All the same, Destiny did not abate.

We wait now in the ether but soon we will egress

My lord is ready and eager to torture and oppress

Hear these words I proclaim hear them and despair

Your soul will be enslaved your mind will be ensnared

Edit sorry it's was eyes not heart >.<

Edit again I had to go to a Thesaurus and I think the word is Obviate. just based on the context that is used like prohibit, stop, block.

to anticipate and prevent or eliminate (difficulties, disadvantages, etc.) by effective measures; render unnecessary:
to obviate the risk of serious injury.
  • Like 1

Think this picture has any meaning, or is it just for show? This facebook page was made basically for the sole purpose of supplying HHN hints right?

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/11018731_771510382935367_3842873101181121366_o.jpg

The picture is pretty interesting. It's rather difficult for me to say with 100% confidence which way is truly up (if there is one up). I think the object in the middle could be 1 of a few things: a. telephone pole with some sort of nest, b. a crow's nest from a ship w/nest, c. the top of a circus tent w/nest, d. the rootball of a tree underwater, or e. a treehouse.

I'm assuming we all agree this character is the same Dust Witch that we dealt with last year. Does this picture reference Something Wicked This Way Comes at all?

Anyone have more guesses?

Not without everyone else, really, but I don't think things like canon and continuity and logic matters all that much anymore. We know Jack is coming back, regardless.

mj05ja.jpg

I dunno. I see power lines, Moons (or planets), and Maybe a church steeple? I dunno. Looks like a crux commissa on top. Well you also have two mythos with her. The King in Yellow and SWTWC.The Name is from the King in Yellow. While that seems to only be in name so far.

Her back story is posted.... with all the other clues from last year.

• Like 1

And being midway through "The King in Yellow" the use of Carcosa as a name feels misused, as if the person really only knew of it through True Detective.

Carcosa is a place, talked about in a play that we can never read. There's no actual information about the place really given aside from the it's tower, sky, and that it's the home of the Yellow King. The place isn't scary. We don't know if it has monsters. The book is about the madness reading the play causes. It's the writing that's scary.

And being midway through "The King in Yellow" the use of Carcosa as a name feels misused, as if the person really only knew of it through True Detective.

Carcosa is a place, talked about in a play that we can never read. There's no actual information about the place really given aside from the it's tower, sky, and that it's the home of the Yellow King. The place isn't scary. We don't know if it has monsters. The book is about the madness reading the play causes. It's the writing that's scary.

Well that's just it there is almost nothing known about it. From a literary standpoint you could easily tie it to anything.All we know is the Yellow king is Malevolent, able to get people to do what he wants, and likes to drive people crazy. Casillda is equally mysterious. We know she sings, gives insight into Carcosa and the Yellow King... but other than that it is virtually nothing.

It would not be difficult (with a good back story) to tie Cassi to the Autumn people, to the king... Or even the King to Jack. After all he is the God of Chaos. but she has not done any of that (that I can discern). whether she will or not is a mystery to me as well as her end game. From what I read of her back story she was hired by Oddfellow (or forced into service) Something happened... unclear.... to make her what she is. Probably connecting to the cane of souls. Jack then killed Oddfellow and she is now under him.

What does she get from releasing these clues? I understand she states that x amount of fear is somehow needed to grease the wheels of Jack's return so to speak. But if she is not A&D then what does she gain? Anonymity robs you of whatever pride you would get. Just likes making puzzles? I dunno.

How positive are u sure it's not A&Ds work?

Well asking them outright. But that doesn't mean it isn't someone on the side. Or someone close to them. . With things like these, they typically don't want to be found out so they may not be forthcoming with that info... And this was last year as well... we aren't even 100% this IS the same person. The audio used is the same but the voice appears different. ( REALLY wish I could get the original audio).

She got mixed up on which two of three houses would show up. I don't see A&D doing that. Granted it was a last minute change but I still think they would have known.

Oh and this will be going on in the Disaster! queue in March

desktop_header.jpg

Well asking them outright. But that doesn't mean it isn't someone on the side. Or someone close to them. . With things like these, they typically don't want to be found out so they may not be forthcoming with that info... And this was last year as well... we aren't even 100% this IS the same person. The audio used is the same but the voice appears different. ( REALLY wish I could get the original audio).

She got mixed up on which two of three houses would show up. I don't see A&D doing that. Granted it was a last minute change but I still think they would have known.

Oh and this will be going on in the Disaster! queue in March

desktop_header.jpg

Want the original audio?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2a80snp9ef6ejs8/1401840549168.mp3?dl=0

I don't know why I saved it.

Want the original audio?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2a80snp9ef6ejs8/1401840549168.mp3?dl=0

I don't know why I saved it.

Because you are the awesome!! That's why you saved it!!!

JDW, I would agree that A&D wouldn't make a mistake about which house is which, except...

Mike did! He called Crow Ritual when asked for the codename for Roanoke. He, then, corrected himself.

Bierce originally introduced Carcosa. Their is a thought that Carcosa may represent Carcasonne in France. Carcasonne was called Carcaso by the Romans.

Beyond that, a surname that is a place name isn't uncommon. Both of my surnames (maiden and married) are direct results of locational naming. It harkens back to a time when it was Christian or First name followed by of the town a person hailed from.

(My two surname meanings: A person who lived on a hill. A person who lived by a forest or marsh inhabited by frogs or ducks)

What does she get from releasing these clues? I understand she states that x amount of fear is somehow needed to grease the wheels of Jack's return so to speak. But if she is not A&D then what does she gain? Anonymity robs you of whatever pride you would get. Just likes making puzzles? I dunno.

Was Emeric, Mutual Friend and Ifrit A&D? I mean, there has always been anonymity. If that comes from a need to protect or a desire make the game more enjoyable, I think it would come down to an individual.

What does one get from leaking things?

I imagine its for enjoyment.

It would probably be kind of funny to be the one to make an entire community jump through hoops.

And while no one else will know it was you, you would at least know.

That, or they could be a disappointed fan who likes the older websites and wants to supply some bit of foreshadowing that neither A&D or marketing wants to bother with for whatever reason they decide that week.