Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

There's always the possibility they reuse Terminus like they did with the prison, but it feels like they've done everything with Terminus.

Remember, I'm pretty sure season 4 ended when they got to Terminus. Season 5 starts there and almost immediately there is the throat slitting, Carol's Arnold Schwarzenegger assault on Terminus, and an all out fiery walker/termite battle on the way out. The room where Carol kills Gareth's mom was a pretty cool looking room, if I remember correctly. I don't think we walked through there, but if we did, we were getting herded by gunfire.

None of that Terminus stuff was covered last year since it hadn't happened yet. There is still plenty that happened already, nevermind what's to come, that could be used to make a house.

As big of a fan as I am of TWD, I wouldn't mind much if it were to go. 3 years in a row is more than enough and there is nothing wrong with variety. If it stays, hopefully they can at least match what they did last year or come up with a new concept using it.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

Remember, I'm pretty sure season 4 ended when they got to Terminus. Season 5 starts there and almost immediately there is the throat slitting, Carol's Arnold Schwarzenegger assault on Terminus, and an all out fiery walker/termite battle on the way out. The room where Carol kills Gareth's mom was a pretty cool looking room, if I remember correctly. I don't think we walked through there, but if we did, we were getting herded by gunfire.

None of that Terminus stuff was covered last year since it hadn't happened yet. There is still plenty that happened already, nevermind what's to come, that could be used to make a house.

As big of a fan as I am of TWD, I wouldn't mind much if it were to go. 3 years in a row is more than enough and there is nothing wrong with variety. If it stays, hopefully they can at least match what they did last year or come up with a new concept using it.

The candle room was in last year's house.

5 AHS houses seems like an idea someone would think of, but I think would seriously backfire on the crowd that knows nothing of the show, which is a much bigger crowd than has seen it.

"FIVE houses based on the same show? No thank you."

If you were a guest and had no idea AHS is completely different every season, you'd expect every house to pretty similar and might skip our on an event with over half of the content based on the same show.

Then again, people LOVED TWD taking over everything in the streets plus the house in 2013, but that's WAY more popular than AHS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as locations/queue locations for a USF only event:

Gringotts extended seems pretty impossible to me. There's no way of getting to the house from backstage other than directly cutting through DA, and if they won't open DA during HHN just so they can use it for corporate buyouts, there's no way in hell they'll open it just so they can put a house back there.

Plus they don't need it. Use Minion Way, Rockit stage, NY Library road, and road in between Rockit and Twister for 4 SSs, assuming Twister's down. All exit by NY Library like 2013 (which sucked, yes, but might be necessary)

2 in Disaster (just leave the props out of the queue after that Escape thing they're doing in a few weeks and you can fit 2 easily) and have 1 queue in the normal spot and the other use the backstage road between HEx and Disaster and then go through the first 2 pre show rooms in the attraction.

If KidZone's out, use Esoteric Gates as Legacy said for Parade.

Sprung tents are tricky. If they really wanted to they could do some construction around the Sprung 2 entrance and make an entrance for both sprungs there. Keep the regular one for S2 and build another ramp to take you to S1's normal queue spot.

Other potential house locations include Shrek extended, Simpsons extended, MiB extended was supposedly looked at once so that might be possible, Mummy extended. That's 13 potential house locations, with one or more of the smaller venues available for an upcharge house (by smaller, I mean very little space for a queue.)

Shows in FFL, Beetlejuice, Lagoon, potentially HMU.

Scarezones in Plaza of the Stars, NY, Sting Alley, San Fran, Springfield, CP, Hollywood. Other locations accessible are Mel plaza, Sunset Blvd, 7th Ave going along the TF extended queue. That's a pretty damn good event imo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if we're talking 2 parks, house locations become easier, but logistics become harder.

If they find some way to connect the parks, enter at Port of Entry and use Marvel, Seuss, and Lost Continent in IoA. Use San Fran, NY, Plaza of the Stars and Hollywood in USF.

House locations in IoA: Carnage, 3 SS entrances, Poseidon.

House locations in USF: 3 SS entrances, 2 Disaster houses, Parade from Esoteric gates, and either some or all of the following locations: Shrek extended, Simpsons extended, MiB extended, Mummy extended.

B&T in Toon Amphitheater, other shows in Beetlejuice theater, HMU, T2:3D, USF Lagoon.

Zones in MSHI, PoE, Lost Continent, NY, Sting, San Fran, Plaza of the Stars, Hollywood. Other locations accessible are Mel plaza, Sunset Blvd, 7th Ave going along the TF extended queue, a separate SZ in the plaza at the end of PoE, in between MSHI and Seuss.

There's a lot they could do with either option. Hell if they wanted to be super ballsy they could find a way to do IoA only with 9 houses, but that'd be the hardest/worst choice, imo.

My best guess is 2 parks, 9-10 general admission houses, 4 being IPs, 1 upcharge, 7-8 zones, 3-4 shows.

Edited by foREVer56
  • Like 1

Welp, same time period...sort of.

Sweet Jesus... Please tell me you've seen the movie Jaws. If not, give me your address and I'll send you a copy.

I came up with what I believe to be a decent answer for one of the Hollywood/Murdy riddles. Obviously it might not be correct. Some believe Murdy won't do it because he said awhile back that the Chucky's would look goofy since they are small. Many people are saying AHS fits as well. I think I also got The Birds to fit too, but even though I think it could be done, I don't see it happening. This was for the 2nd one called Rock Festival.

Jimi Hendrix-Voodoo Child

1. Voodoo Child was performed at Woodstock in Bethel, NY (1969) and also at Newport '69 in Northridge, CA (1969).

2. I believe Child's Play 1 took place in Chicago (it was definitely filmed there) 4 teams (all Chicago) ... NBA - Bulls, NFL - Bears, MLB - White Sox, NHL Blackhawks

3. red herring

Charles Lee Ray who later became Chucky (using black magic) was a serial killer that practiced voodoo and was obsessed with it.

Child's Play?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Sweet Jesus... Please tell me you've seen the movie Jaws. If not, give me your address and I'll send you a copy.

I came up with what I believe to be a decent answer for one of the Hollywood/Murdy riddles. Obviously it might not be correct. Some believe Murdy won't do it because he said awhile back that the Chucky's would look goofy since they are small. Many people are saying AHS fits as well. I think I also got The Birds to fit too, but even though I think it could be done, I don't see it happening. This was for the 2nd one called Rock Festival.

Jimi Hendrix-Voodoo Child

1. Voodoo Child was performed at Woodstock in Bethel, NY (1969) and also at Newport '69 in Northridge, CA (1969).

2. I believe Child's Play 1 took place in Chicago (it was definitely filmed there) 4 teams (all Chicago) ... NBA - Bulls, NFL - Bears, MLB - White Sox, NHL Blackhawks

3. red herring

Charles Lee Ray who later became Chucky (using black magic) was a serial killer that practiced voodoo and was obsessed with it.

Child's Play?

I saw Jaws years ago and never rewatched it. Not because I hated it. I just never felt a reason to rewatch it.

I would be meh if Chucky happened...I don't know. I haven't heard much good out of his past HHN adaptions, besides Insult Emporium.

The reason I brought it up was because Child's Play matched a house clue on the Hollywood side. I'm sure we're going to share some houses with them, so who knows?

You think they are meeting up to discuss scare zones? Anything is possible, but I'm guessing a shared ip discussion or maybe even an early filming (release video) for whatever ip they already scooped up. I have no idea how early they actually make those films, but if they already know they're getting a property and Mike is in Hollywood already, why not shoot it?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

The reason I brought it up was because Child's Play matched a house clue on the Hollywood side. I'm sure we're going to share some houses with them, so who knows?

You think they are meeting up to discuss scare zones? Anything is possible, but I'm guessing a shared ip discussion or maybe even an early filming (release video) for whatever ip they already scooped up. I have no idea how early they actually make those films, but if they already know they're getting a property and Mike is in Hollywood already, why not shoot it?

Mike went to Hollywood for FaceOff and The Purge. FaceOff was a scarezone here and a house in Hollywood. The Purge was a scarezone at both parks. So, yes it is possible that Mike is in Hollywood to discuss a scarezone. More likely, Mike is in Hollywood to discuss all shared IPs.

I don't think we will see Chucky return to Orlando.

• Like 2

Mike went to Hollywood for FaceOff and The Purge. FaceOff was a scarezone here and a house in Hollywood. The Purge was a scarezone at both parks. So, yes it is possible that Mike is in Hollywood to discuss a scarezone. More likely, Mike is in Hollywood to discuss all shared IPs.

I don't think we will see Chucky return to Orlando.

Yeah, there's just nothing else to do with Chucky or Child's Play. His 2013 Hollywood appearance seemed to be a reskin of a scarezone from the previous year.

Just came up with another possibility... I Posted this on the Hollywood side.

I came up with a real good answer for Post Punk, but none of you are probably going to like it.

First a refresh of the riddle...

The hint to the theme of this maze can be found in a song title of a band initially associated with the post punk musical movement. The genre included bands that would later be labeled new wave, no wave, new romantic, Goth, industrial, etc.

(One of the following three hints is a red-herring.)

-Hint #1 One of the key members of this group shares one of my names...I have 4...technically.

-Hint #2 One of the words in the song title is something that modern technology has pretty much killed...it might go extinct one day.

-Hint #3 this song is not as obscure as you might think. It was originally released as a single.

Now Get this...

The B-52's had a single in 1994. They did a cover of The Flintstones (yeah those Flintstones). That right there alone covers hints 2+3 (especially 2 since it's kinda funny). When I realized this, I was like, hmmm... what ties does a Flintstone have to horror. So I begin a search. I find out that there is an artist named Jimmy Flintstone who is known for making models and busts of... Universal Classic Monsters (and other stuff too). This was literally one of the 1st pictures that popped up when I searched under his name and Universal.

http://i268.photobuc...pg?t=1299868536

Murdy might even have a few of this guy's models in his collection. Although, a lot of his are the old Aurora type. If this isn't the answer, it would be quite a funny coincidence.

Whether it is the proper house or not, I do like how the Flintstones/B-52's match to hints 2 and 3. I doubt they would, or realistically could, make a Jurassic World house to celebrate the movie release this summer (June 12th). Although, I'd love to see it done. I think the Flintstones lived in the Stone Age, yet they lived with dinosaurs, so it mine as well be Jurassic.

It's also funny that Ichabod Crane from Sleepy Hallow was just looking for flint and steel at a hardware store in the Feb. 16th episode.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Hmm, there were 3 years between the big three and House of Horrors, maybe it's a trend?

I was going to say you missed 2012's HoH, then I realized I'm apparently ignoring how much time has passed.

I think Universal will save its next classic monster house for The Mummy remake. The Mummy is the next Classic getting the makeover, right? And it comes out in 2016?

More from Cassi:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=773328156086923

My ears are failing me so I'm unable to transcribe it. I'll give it another go in a bit. Hopefully, I will have less background noise later.

Do you have the audio from last year? The link we have in the folder for her clues is defunct.

The backing audio is the same though. the Ferris wheel sound is identical. the background music is the same. So why the voice change? Sounds older maybe? IDK I don't have the original to compare to but I remember her sounding... younger.