Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Oh! Just realized Krampus is a universal/Legendary Picture.

I mentioned that a couple weeks back. That was the reason why I was just as convinced it could be the ip vs the original. Plus it more than likely has all the Trick 'r Treat fans rallying behind it because of how Michael Dougherty basically got screwed with the TrT theatrical release (or lack of one). I know I am.

The only negative it has going for it is that it's labeled as a horror/comedy. So without seeing it, we obviously don't know just how much comedy is thrown in there. Personally I don't mind a bit of comedy though, because it tends to have some rather amusing death scenes.

Oh yeah... Thanks for the award. I could bother you to get a bunch more, but I like the look of this one and what it stands for. Thanks again!

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 2

I'll be honest... I could see Krampus happening before Crimson Peak. Part of me just gets a vibe that we won't get it. Maybe because likeness rights would be obscene...

Well, I guess it depends on the movie. I don't know enough to know if the ghosts can carry the house. I mean you could just throw someone roughly the same with the outfits in there and they could get away with it. As long as not is specific to the actor... Like they do in TWD.

I have some wishful thinking... Can the next several months go by quickly. This is what I'm dealing with right now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-Kq7Q2IcAA9NQQ.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-KqbRDCMAAywX0.jpg:large

How's the weather for you guys?

We getting Insidious this year?

Hollywood got it and it was one of their best ever, right?

Then there is this, which I know we won't get. However, if somehow there's no TWD then mine as well use this for a zombie filler.

I think it might actually be pretty good (as far as zombie movies go).

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

The only negative it has going for it is that it's labeled as a horror/comedy. So without seeing it, we obviously don't know just how much comedy is thrown in there.

Well, The Cabin In The Woods was filled with comedy. In my opinion, the movie was funnier than scary, with all it's jokes. And yet, It happened to be a really scary house in my opinion. It had a lot of intense scenes, with very little comedy, besides the Merman. haha I laughed so hard when I saw him. That scene is the best XD

• Like 2

Dead Rising won't happen. It's a low budget zombie flick based on a fun, but extremely generic, zombie game. Our zombies will probably come in one of three forms: TWD, an original "continuation" of the North American Zombie Infection, or Z Nation (please pick door number three).

Edited by Legacy

Dead Rising won't happen. It's a low budget zombie flick based on a fun, but extremely generic, zombie game. Our zombies will probably come in one of three forms: TWD, an original "continuation" of the North American Zombie Infection, or Z Nation (please pick door number three).

It's kinda funny how there are all these articles on the internet stating how much of a low budget the film is (and the game... even though it sold several million copies). When in reality, they intentionally wanted nothing to do with the big name movie studios when making this film. I hope this film turns out to be a huge hit with the fans once it's released on film. I suppose that is reason enough why Universal probably wouldn't want it at HHN. Free streaming movies that become hits are not the kind of stories they probably like to hear about.

In the same breath you criticize the trailer about low budget, you praise Z Nation? I'm a fan of the show, but c'mon, their budget isn't exactly through the roof. You think there are enough Z Nation fans already? I think it might take another season or 2.

In the same breath you criticize the trailer about low budget, you praise Z Nation? I'm a fan of the show, but c'mon, their budget isn't exactly through the roof. You think there are enough Z Nation fans already? I think it might take another season or 2.

Z Nation has a bigger budget than the other SyFy show we've already had at HHN.

And I'm not knocking Dead Rising. I haven't even watched the trailer but I personally really enjoy the games (I've played 3 SOOO much). That said, it won't happen. They already have TWD to fill the zombie void, and if they don't get that they have their own synergetic TV show that could use the boost (and feature more original scares than what TWD provides). A VOD simply can't compete.

I guess they made a short trailer/mini film to help promote the future release later this year of the game called The Killing Floor part 2. I know there were a lot of horror fans that were into the 1st one, so I figured that I'd share what I came across. I never played the 1st one myself, but I intend to get this one when it is released. I don't think the game is a household name, but it looks horrific enough that I'm sure that it could be turned into a house in the future if the 2nd game blows up. But once again, like Dead Rising, I doubt they will.

Trailer/Mini Film

Additionally... There is a Horror/Action/RPG game of the year candidate being released next month called Bloodborne. It is being directed by the same guy who brought us all Demon Souls, Hidetaka Miyazaki. A game in which the first few hours of gameplay are quite possibly the most difficult of any game ever. From everything I've seen it looks to be horrifically beautiful.

Game Trailer

More wishful thinking only once again on my part obviously.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Oh cool, somebody else mentioned killing floor.

Was just about to do that.

It's a cool game with a lot of potential. The first one also has some morbid humorous elements and I know how HHN loves that. Realistically, if it were more popular I'd say it's the perfect property to work with. Which isn't to say they won't, but I'm keeping that as wishful thinking.

It might be worth mentioning that the game takes place in the UK, as well. At least the first one did.

Here's a flesh-pound:

flesh-pound-killing-floor-2.jpg

I think Resident Evil may have been one of the biggest let downs I've had since attending. It was alright, but I think it could have been much better. Maybe they would prefer not to make game houses because they can't relate to them as well and thus the finished product is not well received.

Was Silent Hill really that disliked? It wasn't the best, but I don't remember hating it either.

Well... I almost hope that isn't a clue, because it's so easy.

There have been a bunch of pictures sprinkled in here and there that could possibly be hints. The tricky part is guessing which do apply. There are a lot of pictures though. If I really knew there were hints in there constantly streaming, I'd probably pay closer attention, but it is still pretty early in the spec season. I wonder if Dr. Jimmy will give us the HHN April 1st lineup. He really got me thinking and wishing for that Dr. Who house last year. I know... It probably will never happen. *crosses fingers* Maybe someday...

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Bioshock for pete's sake... and Nightingales vs Body Collectors: Through Time (including past, present, future)... Also no American Horror Story even with not being at all a fan of the show it will just be TWD with another 3 years taking up our time. Also if only Mary Agana came back with the rest of the icons, and have a huge "Silver Screams/Directors Cut" type house. It would make this year amazing.

• Like 1

This would be a cool house:

One Christmas Eve in a small hollow in Boone County, West Virginia, struggling songwriter Jesse Walker witnesses a strange spectacle: seven devilish figures chasing a man in a red suit toward a sleigh and eight reindeer. When the reindeer leap skyward taking the sleigh, devil men, and Santa into the clouds, screams follow. Moments later, a large sack plummets earthward, a magical sack that will thrust the down-on-his luck singer into the clutches of the terrifying Yule Lord, Krampus. But the lines between good and evil become blurred as Jesse’s new master reveals many dark secrets about the cherry-cheeked Santa Claus, and how half a millennium ago, the jolly old saint imprisoned Krampus and usurped his magic.

Now Santa’s time is running short, for the Yule Lord is determined to have his retribution and reclaim Yuletide. If Jesse can survive this ancient feud, he might have the chance to redeem himself to his family, to save his own broken dreams...and help bring the magic of Yule to the impoverished folk of Boone County.

• Like 1

I know a few yrs ago UO went down to 7 houses.. Hopefully it goes up to 9 this yr (Non extreme house)

2012 was the worst year since I've been attending by a landslide. No scare zones, a hurricane that closed rides, the dismantling of one of my all-time favorites - the Jaws ride, construction all over the park ruining the atmosphere, and in my opinion most of the houses weren't all that impressive. That year was so bad, we were actually discussing whether it was worth the money to come back again the following year while we were in the park.

The following year's houses alone made the event way better than 2012.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster! I'd figure I'd add in some of my own speculation while we wait for more rumors. I think this year we'll get 9 regular houses with one fully interactive upcharge house. I know there's been a rumor that every house would have some kind of interactive bluetooth feature, but a fully interactive house wouldn't be feasible for every guest. My guesses:

The Walking Dead

American Horror Story

One of Universal's 2015 releases (Insidious or Crimson Peak)

A house devoted to Jack

Scary Tales 4

Nightingales 2

Dark Christmas with a potential Krampus tie in

Two new originals

TWD hasn't had enough so far this season that would translate to a house, but I don't think marketing would want to let go of this IP. Based on Dr Jimmy's clues from a few weeks ago, he's hinting towards sequels, and my best guesses are Scary Tales and Nightingales. It's been a bit since there was a Scary Tales and Nightingales would be the perfect sequel house. I don't think we'll have a classic IP this year unless it's Hitchcock. Does anyone have details on what the Ritual house would have been last year?

• Like 1