Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

I hate seeing 13 and 14 year old kids groping each other all around the damn park. I could really deal without that. And groups of little kids are even worse. My first year I was 15 granted, but I wasn't in a group with a bunch of kids. I was with my aunt and people from her work. They did get shit faced but for the most part, they kept me in line. These kids at HHN are out of control sometimes. I'm all down for an 18 year old age limit.

I really can't stand being in line and there is usually that one maybe two or three other couples that are holding on to each other for dear life throughout the line.....and while the line moves they are moving while still attached to each other like they are siamese twins or something.

• Like 4

It's so irritating. I get being scared and holding hands or something. But its like watching softcore in public. I make it my mission to make things awkward between couples that do that.

lol yeah, its young love its probably the first time being alone with each other ever, but the clingy couples are the ones that rrreeeallllyyyy get on my nerves. they are the same types that are probably same side seaters at a restaurant lol

• Like 1

lol yeah, its young love its probably the first time being alone with each other ever, but the clingy couples are the ones that rrreeeallllyyyy get on my nerves. they are the same types that are probably same side seaters at a restaurant lol

lmao that post made my night. Opening night in Orlando there was this couple in front of me clinging to each other. They both had fanny packs so I unbuckled them. Then when they went to pick them up I yelled "They do come apart!". Is that going too far? xD

So I got to do 5 houses tonight (not AvP, Halloween, and TWD) and got inside at 7/7:10. Great night, lines were not horrible besides TWD and AvP who had at least 60 minute waits all night and Halloween had even longer when I saw the times. Kind of jumped around tonight- did Dracula, Giggles, B&T, Roanoke, FDTD, and then Dollhouse. Longest wait was Giggles and it was 30 minutes because the line was stopped for a while.

And about the age limit, I know it's annoying having little kids but I just don't think that's fair. My first HHN, I was 10. Yes, I didn't look in really any house and I was scared out of my mind, but it was something I loved. So I really don't think it's fair to have an age limit UNLESS it was an extreme event, which we all know as scary as HHN is, it is not an EXTREME haunt event with touching and grabbing. Personally I believe they toned it down this year, well the past couple of years they have. I mean what happened to houses like the Body Collectors!?!??!

then maybe Parents should sign a waiver or something, If your parents think you are strong enough to deal with the houses then sign it, It would be so simple.

I mean, rides technically have height restrictions, why can't they add some fear restrictions lol. You must be This brave to enter haha.

I mean, I don't know, I know parents would complain but if we have Rating systems for horror movies and people have to follow them, why couldn't they do that for the Park?

I know they are not the same thing, but really in this country we have restrictions for pretty much everything when it comes to kids.

then maybe Parents should sign a waiver or something, If your parents think you are strong enough to deal with the houses then sign it, It would be so simple.

I mean, rides technically have height restrictions, why can't they add some fear restrictions lol. You must be This brave to enter haha.

I mean, I don't know, I know parents would complain but if we have Rating systems for horror movies and people have to follow them, why couldn't they do that for the Park?

I know they are not the same thing, but really in this country we have restrictions for pretty much everything when it comes to kids.

The thing is you can't fake your height. You can fake bravery. There's no way to scale fear. The government would have thought of it by now.

The thing is you can't fake your height. You can fake bravery. There's no way to scale fear. The government would have thought of it by now.

well yeah that seems obvious but what I meant was that your parents should be able to tell if you can handle it or not, right? it bothers me that they all act like it was Universal's fault the kid gets scared and not the parents' fault for taking them. Parents should have some more responsibility with their kids at the park

Edited by clash

I just really don't like the kids idea. I do hate a lot of kids that go to the event, but the same exact debate can be brought up with the sale of alcohol. So many drunk adults is a very annoying thing when you have obnoxious drunks. I think it should be if you're younger than 16 then you need an adult with you, which wouldn't be such a bad idea. I mean I'm 16 and I always go with my mom and friend's moms (it's a tradition). When my group does something stupid like scream at the scare actors and I make sure they know they are being stupid and to stop so it really shouldn't be based on age but the problem is really the maturity level of the crowds.

• Like 2

And about the age limit, I know it's annoying having little kids but I just don't think that's fair. My first HHN, I was 10. Yes, I didn't look in really any house and I was scared out of my mind, but it was something I loved. So I really don't think it's fair to have an age limit UNLESS it was an extreme event, which we all know as scary as HHN is, it is not an EXTREME haunt event with touching and grabbing. Personally I believe they toned it down this year, well the past couple of years they have. I mean what happened to houses like the Body Collectors!?!??!

I agree with you. I just took my son for the first time last weekend. He is 11. I think most parents know what their kid can and cannot handle and even though I knew he'd be fine, I still thought quite a bit about it before I decided I would take him. But, I am glad I did take him because he had fun and he wants to go back. It's unfortunate that some parents don't take the same care with regards to their children, but I would hate to see a set age limit instituted based on the actions or complaints of a few idiots. I don't think it will ever happen though. Too much money lost which is the same reason a few drunken idiots won't cause the park to go dry for the event any time soon. I know they do that in California, but I just don't see it happening here.

Edited by Neko
  • Like 2

I felt like this year was the goriest of the three I have attended. There's no correlation between gore and demographics. I do think there is one between sexual content and demographics, which hinders the adult atmosphere. Although I could argue the barker at FDTD and B&T clearly cross that line.

Just for the sake of debate: what makes the consumption of alcohol different for HHN than it does at a NFL game? I believe it's about the same, and kids are just as likely to attend an NFL game. I enjoyed drinking at the event this year, but was put off by Universals uber stict policies and slack ass bar tenders. Also, I'm not an annoying drunk and remain a decent human being. I would never act obnoxious or disrespectful towards employees or patrons. The only way you can tell I'm intoxicated is when I snore while sleeping. Guess I wish everyone had the same tolerance I do.

• Like 2

I would never act obnoxious or disrespectful towards employees or patrons. The only way you can tell I'm intoxicated is when I snore while sleeping. Guess I wish everyone had the same tolerance I do.

Me too. In my 23 years of HHN I have:

Been burned by a drunk's cigarette... in a queue line.

Had my shoes puked on

Been threatened

Been pushed

Watched as a passed out drunk 15 year old girl was evaced out of a house line in which everyone in line (I had been waiting 20 min) were forced to walk away and the house was shut down.

Watched another guest get his nose broke when a drunk punched him... Course I think he was drunk himself.

Watched a drunk attack a Universal employee and get zipped tied by police.

Watched a drunk punch a female scare actor in the face.

Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there were more.

• Like 1

I felt like this year was the goriest of the three I have attended. There's no correlation between gore and demographics. I do think there is one between sexual content and demographics, which hinders the adult atmosphere. Although I could argue the barker at FDTD and B&T clearly cross that line.

Just for the sake of debate: what makes the consumption of alcohol different for HHN than it does at a NFL game? I believe it's about the same, and kids are just as likely to attend an NFL game. I enjoyed drinking at the event this year, but was put off by Universals uber stict policies and slack ass bar tenders. Also, I'm not an annoying drunk and remain a decent human being. I would never act obnoxious or disrespectful towards employees or patrons. The only way you can tell I'm intoxicated is when I snore while sleeping. Guess I wish everyone had the same tolerance I do.

I think the fact that people are inside a theme park, they tend to feel safe and that it's okay to let go. This happens at Disney all the time, parents get the feeling of safety and let loose on the drinking. Then you get all the things that JDW said but at magic K. (people throwing up on the rides, people punching each other, passing out, attacking the workers etc)

Now add a scary event like HHN and that's why there are so many problems sometimes. seems like all the problems a regular park has with drunks intensify when you have actors scaring and houses that make people feel claustrophobic.

Edited by clash

Me too. In my 23 years of HHN I have:Been burned by a drunk's cigarette... in a queue line.Had my shoes puked onBeen threatenedBeen pushedWatched as a passed out drunk 15 year old girl was evaced out of a house line in which everyone in line (I had been waiting 20 min) were forced to walk away and the house was shut down.Watched another guest get his nose broke when a drunk punched him... Course I think he was drunk himself.Watched a drunk attack a Universal employee and get zipped tied by police.Watched a drunk punch a female scare actor in the face.Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there were more.

just tonight, after getting out of Bill and Ted, they forced everone to walk towards MIB. We get close to Disaster and see paramedics attending to someone knocked down on the floor, gurneys and all. Low and behold, it was a fight. So i do agree that the event could be a little driyer. I do drink at the event, but i do know my limits.

Yes, I agree. I do have my limits too, however, as I only drink a virgin Cuba Libre when I attend so as to not get very drunk.

Also, if I actually did have alcohol I would be arrested but I'm not going to because I'm not a stupid teenager :P

Edited by duh1011

I don't mind the people who get drunk if they know how to behave. That's how waiting for houses becomes fun and exciting. But when people start fighting and getting sloshly that ruin it for everyone else. Personally I feel everyone shouldn't be punished for a few idiots but I can see how it's necessary to limit the alcohol. I'm sure I will be more pissed about this when I come of age but right now I'm not concerned.