Dollhouse of the Damned

JDW

• 4 weeks later...

"The word to keep in mind here is ‘juxtaposition.’ When you walk into the house, you find yourself in this old-time morgue. But this little girl has set up shop and now it’s her playhouse. She’s torturing people in there. So you’re taking the sweetness of the dollhouse and childhood and combining it with something completely sinister. That theme remains throughout the maze. Another phrase we use is ‘forced integration.’ You’ll see characters with porcelain doll masks that have been smashed into their faces, and now they’re permanent. They’re victims of this twisted amalgamation. It’s really creepy."

What are the chances that the girl could be Cindy?

• Like 2

"The word to keep in mind here is ‘juxtaposition.’ When you walk into the house, you find yourself in this old-time morgue. But this little girl has set up shop and now it’s her playhouse. She’s torturing people in there. So you’re taking the sweetness of the dollhouse and childhood and combining it with something completely sinister. That theme remains throughout the maze. Another phrase we use is ‘forced integration.’ You’ll see characters with porcelain doll masks that have been smashed into their faces, and now they’re permanent. They’re victims of this twisted amalgamation. It’s really creepy."

highley unlikey but possible that this cindy apperaance could set us up for hhn 25 being next we could see our icons retuning

• Like 1

Or it could just be them following through on the idea with a different character.

I would love the Cindy connection though...

• Like 1

Kind of a cliche concept, but it looks like the execution could be worthwhile.

I'm just waiting for a Knott's fanboy to loudly claim, "HHN stole dis from Knott's! They always will be Doll Factory!"

I love KSF fans who want to lay claim on things like scary dolls or clowns. Because clearly, KSF owns the rights to every basic haunt theme.

• Like 3

I like the "cracked egg face" mask. What was once a porcelain doll having an evil entity break through it has potential. At first I thought this was a weak link, but that one picture has me thinking if they're doing that there might be a lot of other really cool things in the house I wouldn't have thought of.

And again...the "is it a prop...or a person" boo scare potential has me excited.

• Like 1

The name is kind of cheesy, but the idea sounds good to me. I realize people sometimes feel frustrated that certain ideas are used and re-used, but that's the nature of horror, isn't it? I mean, isn't this the reason each of us have our own fears? It depends on how and when we grew up and what things influenced us in various ways.

I've always thought dolls were creepy. I never even liked them as a little girl. I'd rather play with my brother's army men. There are varying reasons for this, but I'm not going to begrudge the creative talent the chance and making this scare a fresh one. If anyone could do it, these guys can. I mean, look what they did with AWIL last year! How old is a werewolf scare?? Older than any of us, but they managed to pull off something beyond awesome with it. I think this house is going to be a sleeper hit.

• Like 5

I dont get the hate for the name... Dollhouse of the Damned. Just the name conjures up visions of creepy ass little dolls doing horrible things.

The other two names are more memorable. Also, Dollhouse of the Damned somewhat sounds like a B-Movie. I can imagine a hammy commerical with some guy just going "Dollhouse...OF THE DAMNED!". This is the original I'm least excited, but that's not because of the name, it's just Roanoke and G&G both seem a lot more interesting to me, even with G&G's short length.

The other two names are more memorable. Also, Dollhouse of the Damned somewhat sounds like a B-Movie. I can imagine a hammy commerical with some guy just going "Dollhouse...OF THE DAMNED!". This is the original I'm least excited, but that's not because of the name, it's just Roanoke and G&G both seem a lot more interesting to me, even with G&G's short length.

I have heard from one insider that this may end up being the dark horse house for this year...

I'll be truly honest, despite what I said earlier, I could actually believe that. Dolls scare a LOT of people, and the human turned into doll idea will probably make the fear even worse.

I think, depending upon the actors, this could be a great house. The general storyline sounds good and the sketches look pretty awesome, so this one may be very balls to the wall.

What has me curious this year is, what will be HOTY? Looking at the three originals, I could see it easily being one of those. Dolls and clowns are automatically scary to a lot of people and if we throw in rambunctious cannibals, I think these three could be the scariest of the event. If that ends up being the case, what sort of effect will that have on the event in the coming years? We know that the reviews of AWIL and CitW last year gave A&D a little more wiggle room in trying to land passion projects, so what would two or three well rated originals do to the event next year?

I think, depending upon the actors, this could be a great house. The general storyline sounds good and the sketches look pretty awesome, so this one may be very balls to the wall.

What has me curious this year is, what will be HOTY? Looking at the three originals, I could see it easily being one of those. Dolls and clowns are automatically scary to a lot of people and if we throw in rambunctious cannibals, I think these three could be the scariest of the event. If that ends up being the case, what sort of effect will that have on the event in the coming years? We know that the reviews of AWIL and CitW last year gave A&D a little more wiggle room in trying to land passion projects, so what would two or three well rated originals do to the event next year?

I feel HOTY will go to either Roanoke, Dollhouse, AVP, or Halloween. I love the idea of Giggles and Gore, but I feel it's a bit too short and even with the fact it's clowns, it won't leave an impact. Walking Dead has never gotten HOTY, and I don't think the length of it this year will change that. FDTD and Dracula, just don't seem like they will be HOTY to me. Dollhouse, we've gone over how it could win. Roanoke is an all new twist on the cannibal genre (if that counts as a genre). AVP will have AWIL-type puppets, and the fact that it will be it's own original story. And Halloween is a beloved classic and from what I've heard, wonderful in Hollywood. You know, I should probably copy paste this to the actual HHN24 thread.