Dollhouse of the Damned

JDW

You mean the 2011 commercial, JDW? ;)

Am I tired and missing a joke? Cause, I'm really tired.

I think Jeramy is right. That was in the 2012 "No way out" commercial.

I vaguely remember speculating on which "legion" the doll face would be in, and being disappointed that we didn't get to see it.

And, yes I want to see that doll in this house. Actually, I want to see most of the monsters from that commercial show up at HHN! There was a great mix of characters and concepts in it.

• Like 1

Growing up, my Grandmother had hundreds of dolls lining the shelves, floor, everywhere in her guest room. I hated whenever I had to stay there and to this day Dolls creep me the frak out. They're evil, soulless, and inhabit my nightmares... I can't wait to experience this house!!!!!

Edited by Michaelz
  • Like 1

Growing up, my Grandmother had hundreds of dolls lining the shelves, floor, everywhere in her guest room. I hated whenever I had to stay there and to this day Dolls creep me the frak out. They're evil, soulless, and inhabit my nightmares... I can't wait to experience this house!!!!!

I collected porcelain dolls when I was younger, and have started my daughter on her own collection. My favorite doll was a Harlequin Clown the moved and played "Send in the Clowns". She's boxed up somewhere.

I find it interesting that many people view dolls as looking soulless. I've always seen "life" in my dolls. Probably not the best way to describe it (I'm not delusional and I don't think my dolls are alive), but each one seems to have a different personality to it. The idea of dolls coming to life or people becoming living dolls has always fascinated me.

I can't wait to see what they do with this house.

• Like 2

Pediophobian is surprisingly common

The psychologist Ernst Jentsch theorized that uncomfortable or uncanny feelings arise when there is an intellectual uncertainty about whether an object is alive or not, and also when an object that one knows to be inanimate resembles a living being enough to generate confusion about its nature.

which curtails into the uncanny valley and also why, I believe, many people fear zombies. As the uncanny valley is multiplied when the object in question moves. So, by that logic, a zombie is basically a very realistic moving doll.

I think the collective conscious also plays a heavy role in fears. If media and society is constantly portraying a certain thing as scary eventually people will start believing it.

Interestingly enough I have more fascination in things that are simply

giphy.gif

Than if you tell me because... SCIENCE!

It may be a product of my autisim. Or simply because I am well versed in how Science and the natural laws work. I am not so well versed in how magic works. So when someone says "Zombie" I laugh because a zombie bound by scientific laws falls apart (pun intended) but a doll possesed with an evil spirit it not because... ya know... magic. Ergo I can suspend my disbelief in a creepy clown doll that may pull me under the bed and therfore am uneasy around them but will never stay up late at night pondering if I will be eaten in my sleep by a zombie.

Now a voodoo zombie is a whole different subject... but I digress.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen the facade for this house recently? The latest picture I saw, it was hard to tell exactly what it was. Anybody have any ideas?

This façade has just been black plywood for about a month I'm pretty sure it's going to be worked on soon. I saw it last weekend and it was still the same... I'm going back tomorrow afternoon to check it will keep you guys posted! :P
  • Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

Am I missing something? What's with the sombrero getup? Are they somehow shoehorning props from The Forsaken La Llorona into it? The more I see and hear about the house, the more something that seemed fairly straight-forward confuses me...

• Mark M. changed the title to Dollhouse of the Damned
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic