Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2014 Construction

Just got back from USH. I have pictures, but I won't have time to post them until later this evening as I have to work this evening. So here's what I found:

1. Parisian Square just started construction. There's nothing going on on the outside, but there's work going on inside. All they did was clear the space and lay out the carpet.

2. It looks like Walking Dead's facade will be the prison again.

3. More paint work is being applied to AWiL.

4. Didn't get a picture, but I got to see the back of 747 with the door opened. The walls looked like they were very close to the ceiling.

Again, I'll post pics later this evening!

Inside the Parisian Square venue building:

(London side going into the building):

IMG_4214.jpg

French side:

IMG_4215.jpg

Mummy venue construction:

IMG_4217.jpg

American Werewolf in London construction:

IMG_4226.jpg

Facade work:

IMG_4227.jpg

John Murdy's pimped-out ride:

IMG_4228.jpg

From Dusk 'till Dawn expansion:

IMG_4229.jpg

Walking Dead construction:

IMG_4230.jpg

Stage 747 construction:

IMG_4231.jpg

HHN Terror Tram construction?

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

• Like 1

IMG_4214.jpg

French side:

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

Facade work:

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

IMG_4229.jpg

IMG_4230.jpg

Stage 747 construction:

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

747 SS hosts From Dusk till Dawn so maybe the 3rd maze construction in the back lot is the original maze or maybe a purge anarchy maze with the hunting grounds and some hallways with a few scares since we are getting a bonus 7th maze this year.

Edited by Wusty9191

IMG_4214.jpg

French side:

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

Facade work:

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

IMG_4229.jpg

IMG_4230.jpg

Stage 747 construction:

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

Is that really murdys pimped ride? xD

AWIL in orlando was simply breathtaking something about the fact that it was also in a soundstage also really helped the environment especially when getting a good look at the facade for the first time. I went through that house the most and even though pesky workers were trying to get me to move along i would stop for a couple minutes and just kind of review the facade and see all the details hopefully you guys get a house that was as detailed as ours and Im also interested to see how they differ from people who have been through both.

Also That definitely is some sexy brick work

Based on these pictures, and the confirmation on the FB page that the opening night is the 19th, I went ahead and booked our airfare and hotel for opening weekend just to see this house again. I hope to god it's even close to what Orlando had... We did a lights on tour in that house as well, so we really got to see all the detail in Orlando. I'm just dying to get out there and go thru it again and again.

How crowded is the event on opening weekend? Just curious as we will only have Fri and Sat night to go, and I want to plan as well as I possibly can.

I attended last year on opening day Friday and it was packed :\, I believe it sold out. As for the Saturday I think people said the lines weren't as bad as that Friday. Just make sure to go all the way to the back lot first then work your way back. Seeing as you'll have two nights to attend, you should be able to see everything regardless of the crowds.

Alright I'll try to explain as much as possible. We have a Front of the Line pass out here which is similar to the express in Orlando, except you only get to you use the pass on each maze, rides, and terror team once each. So take that into consideration. Not sure how much the pass will cost either it's usually around 110-130$ depending on the night you attend. When you buy the pass it includes admission to HHN. If you want unlimited access to front of the line for every maze and attraction, you'll have to buy a VIP pass which is pretty pricey.

Now the park is divided into 2 sections. The upper lot and the lower lot. This year we will have 2 mazes and the terror tram on the upper lot. There will be 2 mazes on the lower lot as well as a tram that takes you out into the back lot which will have 3 mazes back there. So when you get there head all the way to the lower lot. Then look for signs that'll direct you to the tram the takes you into the back lot. Do the 3 mazes there and work your way back. I also recommend that you do the early access (assuming they'll have it this year). They'll give you the option to enter the park about half an hour early to either head all the way down to the back lot or the terror tram. (Note you won't be able to see the opening scaramonies if you decide to do this.) If you do decide to do this go to the back lot NOT the terror tram. Also to do the early access, it'll be off to the side of the main gate, they'll have signs and people directing you for it.

Last year I bought a frequent fear pass and went about 6 times and on some nights I was able to do every maze twice. With a good execution plan and a little bit of hustle, lol it's all possible in one night. Hope this helped let me know if you want me to clear anything else up. I'm sure anyone on here would be more then glad to help. As we get the announcement on everything and we approach opening night, we'll have some sort of execution plan lol. :)

• Like 1

Thank you for that - so Express Pass for sure. Back lot? Is that the Terror Tram thing?

I honestly don't think a Front of the Line Pass is necessary as long as you know how to navigate your way through the park. If you get to the park early around 6:30 they let guests get into the Metropolitan sets before the actual event starts. (It will be located to the right of the arch and there should be a sign and announcements letting you know) As long as you get the Metro area over with first then you should be fine for the rest of the event. Hollywood's event is comprised of 7 mazes and the Terror Tram. The Park itself is divided into Three Sections: Upper-Lot, Lower-Lot and Metro Sets. Here is last year's map for reference but I'll name where this year's mazes will be located

Upper-Lot:

M1= Face Off: In the Flesh

M2= Empire (The Conjuring or Dracula Untold)

Terror Tram

Lower-Lot:

M3= American Werewolf in London

M4=Original Maze

Metropolitan Sets:

M5= The Walking Dead: End of the Line

M6= Alien Vs. Predator

M7= From Dusk 'Til Dawn

HHN-Map.jpg

I honestly don't think a Front of the Line Pass is necessary as long as you know how to navigate your way through the park. If you get to the park early around 6:30 they let guests get into the Metropolitan sets before the actual event starts. (It will be located to the right of the arch and there should be a sign and announcements letting you know) As long as you get the Metro area over with first then you should be fine for the rest of the event. Hollywood's event is comprised of 7 mazes and the Terror Tram. The Park itself is divided into Three Sections: Upper-Lot, Lower-Lot and Metro Sets. Here is last year's map for reference but I'll name where this year's mazes will be located

Upper-Lot:

M1= Face Off: In the Flesh

M2= Empire (The Conjuring or Dracula Untold)

Terror Tram

Lower-Lot:

M3= American Werewolf in London

M4=Original Maze

Metropolitan Sets:

M5= The Walking Dead: End of the Line

M6= Alien Vs. Predator

M7= From Dusk 'Til Dawn

HHN-Map.jpg

My reccomended plan of action.

1. Get there an hour or 2 early and use the early entry gate.

2. Do the mazes in this order:

M5 (Walking Dead, always the most crowds)

M6 (AvP is sure to draw crowds as well)

M7 (FDTD probably won't be as packed but do it while you're on the Backlot

M4 (AWiL will draw diehard HHN fans moreso than the original)

M3 (Original, it will probably be empty, depending on the theme)

M2 (Now youre back on the upper lot so just work your way back to the front, hit this maze...)

M1 (...then Face Off)

3. Terror Tram is neat if you've never been on it but if you don't have time its meh

Edited by deliciousoatmeal

You gotta remember that Terror Tram is the star attraction to people who've never been to Hollywood. The line stays relatively low all night, so it's fine at the lineup point now, but definitely don't miss it.

This is also how I plan to hit the maze, but I personally like to put Terror Tram after doing the lower lot and coming back up to the top.

Its also important to note that TT closes early on Thursdays and Sundays.

Also with this game plan, I've managed to also do all the rides every single year. I think maybe one year we skipped Simpsons, but we always do JP and Mummy, and last year we had a Transformers car all to ourselves even at around 740.

• Like 1

Wow, you guys are GREAT! Thank you SO MUCH for taking time to explain in such detail. I really, really appreciate it. As I said, I've only been to HHN once in Hollywood and that was a couple years ago. I've only been to the park during the day maybe twice. So, I knew about the upper and lower sections, but I don't know what stuff is where. I can do both parks in Orlando in my sleep, but obv not this park.

I will definitely follow your recommendations. We will do TT for sure because I've only done it once, and I thought it was f**ing cool.. Also, we are bringing a friend who has NEVER been, and she'll want to see that for sure. We will only be able to do the event on Friday and Saturday because Sunday is our flight home. So, I may consider express anyway just in case. I mean, two nights is all we get - better safe than sorry and all that happy shit.

Thank you again.. I'll keep reading what you all find out and try to stay on top of it. I'm VERY excited about getting to come out there. I owe you boys a beer. :)

• Like 3

Even though Mice Chat got a construction update, I've got more pics of the construction from today! Here you guys go!

Looks like Walking Dead's facade will once again be the prison.

IMG_4262.jpg

From Dusk 'till Dawn:

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

A peak inside the building for Parisian Square:

IMG_4253.jpg

That yellow thing you see....it looked like a cloth of some sort.

IMG_4252.jpg

MiceChat already has the AWiL facade covered for you. But there you go.

• Like 1