HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

Where does it say anywhere that it was a musician

Slash is the speculated Celebrity/Musician who wanted to work with Murdy. The "Celebrity" can be considered a musician, is a fan of the event and Murdy's work and called him to be apart of the event.

14502089229_4794fa655f_b.jpg

14502292217_fa1b6382b6_o.png

(and he was there on the 9th as nicely pointed on HHN's Facebook)

Edited by Zero56

In a carny way, foodstamps has a point. He says a celebrity has come on board. And then says "there wasn't going to be a music connection, but now there is."

Possibly this celeb (not a musician) suggested that music be apart of the maze?

(I actually believe the celeb is a musician, but just playing devil's advocate here.)

I'm kind of on the late show here, it seems, but I just got back from seeing the Purge: Anarchy and hnngh, I'm not too sure how people can say it wouldn't make for a good maze. The environments certainly don't scream high octane gore the way slasher flicks do, no, but as others have said here, there's plenty of material to draw from and embelish. Those final acts? The "hunting grouds"? Come on. I can see a solid maze being inspired by the film, at least.

Does it connect to any of the codenames? I've no idea, hahah. And I'm actually not sure if I'd rather see it as a maze or a scarezone. I think that, with the amount of iconic vehicles that are used in the film, it would do better as a scarezone arranged similar to TWD: DoA that was on the backlot last year, but I know TWD is going back there again this year, so I'm not sure what to even guess they might do.

I really do hope we see the Purge though. This movie was sooo much better than the first one. It'd be a shame to not snatch up that extra advertising for it with HHN.

You know, it's possible that like other properties they are holding out for 2015. It's not unlikely that there is going to be another sequel in the works (money money money) and then you have three movies to work from.

I agree, although I never really get a good scare out of them. They're cool to see, but an all stilt zone just isn't effective IMO. Apparently, orlando tried it out as well with Canyon of Lost Souls and it didn't work out their either.

Edited by Ridesandstuff

I think in tandem with non-stilted actors it works, but with just stilts not as much. I didn't see it last year but supposedly one of the Scarecrowz managed to fold himself up into a ball, hide behind a trash can, and pop up. Which I imagine would be a pretty effective scare.

• Like 1

Oh wow that sounds interesting. I was actually intrigued my the SZ until I got their and saw only two stilts down there. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I saw that.

Random lower lot thought, since scareactors on JP is a no go, do you guys think they could at least make some changes to the lighting? The lighting changes in UMR almost made it feel like a completely different experience for me. I'd really like for them to do something similar...maybe siren lights to make it feel like JP is in complete chaos? Idk if a soundtrack change is possible but that would be great as well

We have a pretty strong feeling that it will be at the front to start up the event again. Not gonna lie when i saw it last night and the sirens went off it took me back to HHN last year and i started getting amped up.

hahah Yes! I got the feeling too when the commencement siren went off. Instantly pumped! I do agree that front gate scarezone seems likely, if it comes back, but I'm pretty torn about where I'd like to see it.

I do get the feeling that they're probably going to go for a third, so I can see that happening too.

I spent about an hour or so waiting in front of JP last year on Halloween for Insidious (one of our group had a handicap pass) and I can verify that that definitely happened a few times during my wait. The Scarecrowz were a really good group even if I think a better location would have done them better justice. They were running at guests, jumping at them, popping up out of the crowd suddenly... They were a lot of fun to watch.

Oh yeah. I don't remember it being connected to a maze theme though.

Just checked out the numbers, Purge 2 had a pretty impressive opening and got better reviews than the first one. Every other horror/thriller movie this year has done "eh" in the box office, but The Purge has been pretty dominant. Hopefully Dracula Untold does well.

• Like 2

Oh yeah. I don't remember it being connected to a maze theme though.

Just checked out the numbers, Purge 2 had a pretty impressive opening and got better reviews than the first one. Every other horror/thriller movie this year has done "eh" in the box office, but The Purge has been pretty dominant. Hopefully Dracula Untold does well.

Yeah, it wasn't.

So anyways, can someone catch me up?

Official: Walking Dead (Backlot), Face Off (HoH), and From Dusk 'till Dawn (Backlot)

Semi-confirmed: American Werewolf in London (JP Queue)

Rumored: Original maze with Slash (Mummy), Halloween, The Conjuring, or Ouija (Parisian Square), and Alien VS Predator (747).

Official: Walking Dead (Backlot), Face Off (HoH), and From Dusk 'till Dawn (Backlot)

Semi-confirmed: American Werewolf in London (JP Queue)

Rumored: Original maze with Slash (Mummy), Halloween, The Conjuring, or Ouija (Parisian Square), and Alien VS Predator (747).

I'd say halloween isn't a rumor considering you're the only one who thinks it's coming
  • Like 1