Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Can anyone here explain why HHN isn't in both Universal parks anymore? I read that they did it a couple times awhile ago, but I never got to see it done that way. It must have been pretty impressive. Just the idea of spreading out all the people that attend seems like a good idea. Do they just figure that they can get away with jamming everyone into 1 park and not have to pay for extra staff, security, and decorations? Over the years, I've always wondered why they no longer do it that way, or why they tried to do it back then in the 1st place.

There is really no benefit for them to do it. They still have the same budget and to have to clean up twice the area, run twice the rides, have twice the security, etc etc etc. Also, look at all the complaints about "how empty the back of the park is". Imagine trying to spread out the resources over TWICE the area.

Its really a no win proposition for them, they have the facilities for the 8 houses, and they have all the street stuff set up in Universal and there are still dead spots. So why expand the area?

I don't buy the "If we have a concept that works" argument one bit. Jurassic Park was a great area and you could come up with a jungle, cannibal, predator, dinosaur, stalker idea for that area every year.

Of course, just opinion....and you know what everybody thinks about those.... :-)

• Like 1

"Two parks" is a misnomer. The initial plan in 2004 used two parks, but only consisted of Marvel, Seuss and the bazaar of Lost Continent and New York, Boneyard and Plaza of Stars in the Studios. It was only the size of one park. The opened up the entirety of Islands later in the run, but only because the dead end past Pandemonium theater was causing massive issues.

They've never done a true "two park" event, and likely never will.

• Like 1

Moving on to Crows, I've seen a lot of talk about a "reverse Thanksgiving" and "Cannibals" along with some ties to the Roanoke Island Colony (aka the Lost Colony). What if Crows is actually a sequel to Nightingales? I mean, Nightingales was made to be a franchise house, and the monsters are actually a good, horrifying explanation for the colonists' disappearance. Thoughts?

• Like 2

Moving on to Crows, I've seen a lot of talk about a "reverse Thanksgiving" and "Cannibals" along with some ties to the Roanoke Island Colony (aka the Lost Colony). What if Crows is actually a sequel to Nightingales? I mean, Nightingales was made to be a franchise house, and the monsters are actually a good, horrifying explanation for the colonists' disappearance. Thoughts?

what connections does this have to the codename? (Sorry if I missed something)

OMG this. This would be my absolute fantasy...or I just really want Nightingales to come back. It's decent conjecture...but the problem is, I'm not sure it matches with the rest of the clues that have been connected to it. For example, Dr. Jimmy's "Food, Glorious Food" clue was connected to Crows. Idk how that would fit in with Nightingales. So was Cassilda's Massachusetts clue, but that would work if it's a colonist-focused house. I want so badly for it to fit....I want those Nightingales back!

• Like 1

OMG this. This would be my absolute fantasy...or I just really want Nightingales to come back. It's decent conjecture...but the problem is, I'm not sure it matches with the rest of the clues that have been connected to it. For example, Dr. Jimmy's "Food, Glorious Food" clue was connected to Crows. Idk how that would fit in with Nightingales. So was Cassilda's Massachusetts clue, but that would work if it's a colonist-focused house. I want so badly for it to fit....I want those Nightingales back!

Do you remember the Cassilda clue about the revolutionary war? There were all kinds of connections made to all different IPs, but one of the guesses was Nightingales. There is a chance of a sequel coming this year, especially with the original being a fan-favorite. Pretty exciting.

• Like 1

Do you remember the Cassilda clue about the revolutionary war? There were all kinds of connections made to all different IPs, but one of the guesses was Nightingales. There is a chance of a sequel coming this year, especially with the original being a fan-favorite. Pretty exciting.

the revltionay war clue was for halloween

the revltionay war clue was for halloween

I am well aware of that, but that wasn't what I was saying. What I meant was that Nightingales WAS on the table when that clue was first posted. The clue is now aimed at Halloween. In the future, we may see Nightingales 2.

Edited by JackTheREAPER

I am well aware of that, but that wasn't what I was saying. What I meant was that Nightingales WAS on the table when that clue was first posted. The clue is now aimed at Halloween. In the future, we may see Nightingales 2.

true true maybe next year?

There doesn't seem to be a way to post links on this device. So let's see if this works.

http://encyclopediavirginia.org/starving_time_the

If it doesn't work as a link simply copy and paste so you can discover interesting historical facts.

EDIT - it works! No copying or pasting necessary!

Thanks for those history facts!!! And the small moment of giggling produced by this:

" Settlers were forced to eat snakes, vipers, rats, mice, musk turtles, cats, dogs, horses, and perhaps even raptors."

I pictured pilgrims eating dinosaurs.

• Like 6

I don't think these are real at all. The first one is very redimentary... and, as far as I know, nothing involving flashlights or pitch black houes (Heck recent code enforcements the last few years has required that houses to be very well lit)

The clown thing sure... Who doesn't know about the clown house by now? Race against time? Um OK. I would be intrigued if it weren't for the other one. Not to mention the person who posted it says he is a "graphic designer" and his instagram is full of neon colored slefies.... and.... uh pink speedos 0.o

Kind of hard to take that seriously.

• Like 3

For those who didn't get to see it, Trailer was officially released http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/draculauntold/

BAHAHA that is too funny. they worked so hard to remove and release it a few days later?

buuut again my theory about a release of the house with the trailer is now null and void.

Oh and I added the youtube version for those of us who hate quicktime. ;)

BAHAHA that is too funny. they worked so hard to remove and release it a few days later?

buuut again my theory about a release of the house with the trailer is now null and void.

Since you were incorrect about the release, could you be incorrect about it being a house at all?

:P

Legendary spared no expense and CGI'd Dracula's cape (ala Man of Steel). This is going to be great! Hee Hee. It will be interesting to see how HHN converts this into a house. Many scenes appear epic in scope.

Yeah capes are important. Makes him look like Will Turner dressed as Thor.

• Like 4