Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

MOSTLY aliens with Predator "clicking" and red lasers tracking and stuff would be cool...with only a Predator or two showing up at the end.

My guess is that it might be the opposite, a couple of Alien puppets like AWIL and maybe more predators and human victims.( It would probably be more practical that way. )

I don't know about you guys but I Much rather have more Predators showing up than a lot of soldiers or humans from the movies. Yeah an Aliens house would be cool, but I wouldn't want to see a bunch of soldiers and then just a couple of aliens.

throwing predator into the mix seems like a win/win because you get to see great alien puppets or alien costumes, and instead of just humans you get to see predators (probably both masked and unmasked)

Edited by clash
  • Like 2

Okay, since HHN Rumors posted the "like 7" thing I had heard about the Face Off scarezone, I figured I could share my thoughts on it now.

Now, the immediate thought is that zone will "evolve" again. And with a name like Face Off, it would be extremely possible. However, IF the zone is tied to the show then I don't think the "evolving scarezone" is what we will be seeing. Instead, I think we will see, literally, a scarezone structurally identical to 7. By that, I mean platforms with non-scaring "masters" and servants scaring.

So, how does that work with the show? Easy... when Face Off does their challenge that ties to the zone, all of the creatures that aren't in the bottom get displayed (likely being ranked along Hollywood) with the winning design getting the best looking stage. Then, A&D creates minions inspired by each monster's designs to roam the actual street.

And... there we would have a Face Off zone like 7.

• Like 7

Okay, since HHN Rumors posted the "like 7" thing I had heard about the Face Off scarezone, I figured I could share my thoughts on it now.

Now, the immediate thought is that zone will "evolve" again. And with a name like Face Off, it would be extremely possible. However, IF the zone is tied to the show then I don't think the "evolving scarezone" is what we will be seeing. Instead, I think we will see, literally, a scarezone structurally identical to 7. By that, I mean platforms with non-scaring "masters" and servants scaring.

So, how does that work with the show? Easy... when Face Off does their challenge that ties to the zone, all of the creatures that aren't in the bottom get displayed (likely being ranked along Hollywood) with the winning design getting the best looking stage. Then, A&D creates minions inspired by each monster's designs to roam the actual street.

And... there we would have a Face Off zone like 7.

Wow that sounds awesome

Why does everyone assume that there will be a bunch of marines or humans in the Alien house?? Think about it: there have been IP mazes in the past that could have easily had a bunch of humans in it. (TWD, Resident Evil, AWIL). Instead, the trick is that the maze makes YOU the victims. YOU are the ones in trouble. Also, just because there is one alien in the movie, they could have it be as if it is following you throughout the facility and popping out of the walls at you! It's just like how they always do it. YOU are the role of the victim. The Cabin In The Woods maze made YOU apart of the story. You had entered the facility and you were trying to escape. Think about it: In this alien house, YOU are the space marines and the systems have been shut down. The aliens are on the loose and are hunting you. Your mission is to survive...The creatures are hunting YOU down. No need for actors as victims.

Edited by JackTheREAPER
  • Like 2

I wouldn't be too quick to rule out multiple environment types for the alien/avp house.

Things have a habit of getting buried in both series, ships and hives included.

(Just for note, outside of the films, Xenomorphs have reached Earth on at least a few occasions.)

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

Why does everyone assume that there will be a bunch of marines or humans in the Alien house?? Think about it: there have been IP mazes in the past that could have easily had a bunch of humans in it. (TWD, Resident Evil, AWIL). Instead, the trick is that the maze makes YOU the victims. YOU are the ones in trouble. Also, just because there is one alien in the movie, they could have it be as if it is following you throughout the facility and popping out of the walls at you! It's just like how they always do it. YOU are the role of the victim. The Cabin In The Woods maze made YOU apart of the story. You had entered the facility and you were trying to escape. Think about it: In this alien house, YOU are the space marines and the systems have been shut down. The aliens are on the loose and are hunting you. Your mission is to survive...The creatures are hunting YOU down. No need for actors as victims.

well it is not really fair to compare TWD or Resident Evil to an Alien house. (It has to do with practicality in the costumes). zombies are pretty much just "humans with blood and make up" and they didn't even get masks for RE (plus Nemesis only showed up twice and that costume was not that great either) WD was nothing but dead humans trying to eat you. AWIL had humans in it as well. For the AVP house I would rather see more predators than people with guns.

I think having Predator is a good thing.

Edited by clash

Better environments mostly. I would rather have a maze in a spacecraft than an Antarctic base. It would be too similar to the Thing set wise.

Which is why the will probably have the Antarctic set bc they have the props already (or similar stuff). Saves money. Now a straight Giger-esque set would be epic, but with AVP you will get more of a variety of scenery.

Plus the damn PREDATOR!

Reuse what? snow?!? They can't use the Thule Station from the thing. Very Little of it would fit.

Besides there is very little snow in the movie. Probably get this shot

avp_screenshot05.jpg

Maybe some at the end. (Even though I think it would be better to end with the evacuation)

The rest of the moive is pretty much an Aztec looking temple with some interesting carvings here and there.

the decision is probably due to:

Cost

Aztec walls are much easier to do cost wise.

Legal rights

Disney is involved. AVP is probably the loophole.

Interest

Aliens and Predators are evenly matched (for the most part) in popularity. Using both draws both sets of fans.

Logistics

It's just more reasonable to recreate. The sets in Alien/Aliens were more intricate with several large vistas that would be harder to replicate. The close quarters of AVP would seem to be more suited to a maze. The alien movies were more geared towards tenision and dialogue (Alien especially) while AVP is pure action with very little need for dialogue or character development.

For those who want to see the supposedly leaked scarezones, hhnrumors has them.

Two things that jumped out at me about the list: nothing in the back of the park. I can understand keeping London Halloween-free, but nothing in Kid Zone (under construction?) or Simpsons/MiB area?

Also, none of the listed SZs seem to lend themselves to chainsaws. The saws are to HHN what mouse ears are to MK. I think they have to show up somewhere.

• Like 1

Reuse what? snow?!? They can't use the Thule Station from the thing. Very Little of it would fit.

Besides there is very little snow in the movie. Probably get this shot

avp_screenshot05.jpg

Maybe some at the end. (Even though I think it would be better to end with the evacuation)

The rest of the moive is pretty much an Aztec looking temple with some interesting carvings here and there.

the decision is probably due to:

Cost

Aztec walls are much easier to do cost wise.

Legal rights

Disney is involved. AVP is probably the loophole.

Interest

Aliens and Predators are evenly matched (for the most part) in popularity. Using both draws both sets of fans.

Logistics

It's just more reasonable to recreate. The sets in Alien/Aliens were more intricate with several large vistas that would be harder to replicate. The close quarters of AVP would seem to be more suited to a maze. The alien movies were more geared towards tenision and dialogue (Alien especially) while AVP is pure action with very little need for dialogue or character development.

the last scene in AVP could use some of the same stuff as the Thing couldnt it? The Queen chasing out out would be pretty cool.

• Like 1

IDK I vaguely remember the movie. A lot of snow maybe a few pieces or heavy equipment. There wasn't all the much in the way of snow cats and cranes in The Thing as most of it took place inside. I'll have to DL and watch AVP again so I can postulate better.

I also think you run into the same problem with Aliens if you show the Alien queen in AVP. She is huge and would be difficult to pull off in a house. IN Aliens she was a massive puppet that took 16 people to operate. I think it was CGI in AVP.

Unless you just see her head pop out at the end or something.

well it is not really fair to compare TWD or Resident Evil to an Alien house. (It has to do with practicality in the costumes). zombies are pretty much just "humans with blood and make up" and they didn't even get masks for RE (plus Nemesis only showed up twice and that costume was not that great either) WD was nothing but dead humans trying to eat you. AWIL had humans in it as well. For the AVP house I would rather see more predators than people with guns.

I think having Predator is a good thing.

Well, I wasn't comparing costume-wise. I was comparing how the mazes made you the victims instead of putting a bunch of actors to be the victims. What I'm saying is that an Alien maze doesn't need to have a bunch of marines, when you are in the role of the marines and the aliens are attacking you. But whether it ends up being AVP or just Alien, I'll be happy.

Obviously, this puppet would be very hard for A&D to pull off, but I think it's possible. I mean, come on! We've seen plenty of amazing puppets from the past mazes. The Thing and AWIL had the most incredible puppets. An Alien Queen puppet could happen, but it wouldn't be as big as the movie version.