Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure 2013 [Reveiw]

Grindhousehero13

Meh, wasn't horrible, but was not good at all. 6.5/10

But seriously, the Gatsby number was AMAZING! I rewatched it like 15 times. Does anyone know the remix they used in the Gatsby number, or was it done specifically for the show? (which is the case 90% of the time)

Just saw a video. It was racist, homophobic, misogynist, and most importantly it wasn't funny. It's like The Hanging with more dancing and less stunts.

I mean really, Michael Jackson jokes? Those jokes were dead horses even before MJ died. Go over to El Cucuy and wait in line for 40 minutes, it's more amusing.

I saw it last year. It was alright. I thought it was really funny when they had to pull the Romney jokes because of complaints but not the rape/domestic abuse/racist stuff. That's where they drew the line.

I avoided it this year and waited for the video to appear online. I'm glad I did this year, and I'm planning on doing the same next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Its a LOW BROW comedy show. Wtf do they expect? Are we supposed to all of a sudden stop killing people in shows too because the League of People Who All Lost Someone to Violence said so? Oh wait, that's ALL of us.

They even announce at the top of the show, if you're offended easily, then GTFO!

• Like 1

There's a difference between low brow and homophobic/hack writing. They aren't one and the same.

You seem really offended that somebody took the time to write an article about this. More offended than you are about the rape jokes, racism, and homophobia in this year's show.

People are just too sensitive and take things way too seriously. It's a comedy show, the things said and done in this show are to make people laugh and ultimately just to have an entertaining show. Nothing more than that, man people these days...

Edited by shark23
  • Like 3

I AM offended people are offended by a stupid ass show lmao

It ain't even on TV. Like the world is gonna go gay bashing tomorrow by one show that plays on weekends for only a month.

Meanwhile, we got 2 Broke Girls, Two and a Half Men, and countless other shows seen by millions of people a week that do and say way worse.

IMO, there's way more things to be offended over in the show

And hey, its not like none of the writers of the show arent gay themselves, or like the gay community hasn't perpetuated the stereotype with their "gay revues" or "gay comedies."

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 4

I'm pretty sure 2 Broke Girls and Two and Half Men do get called out. It's entirely possible to think one thing is bad while also thinking another thing is bad. You thinking the dummies in Evil Dead look cheap and unrealistic doesn't mean that you can't also think dummies in other parks look cheap and unrealistic.

I'm pretty sure no one thing has caused the thing has caused the world to go gay bashing tomorrow....so you're judging the show based on a qualifier that's never been relevant to anything, ever. That's weird.

Do you know that there's gay writers or are you just assuming? What "gay revues" or "gay comedies" have you seen to that include "Ew gay people are gross" as a punchline?

it is not just one article. it is like 3 at least. (there are probably more)

http://www.vice.com/read/the-bill-and-ted-show-at-universal-studios-is-super-homophobic-and-also-racist-and-terrible

http://instinctmagazine.com/post/halloween-productions-universal-studios-and-knotts-berry-farms-are-frighteningly-homophobic

Plus the crap that they are getting on twitter already......

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1394159_229606450536423_1147542297_n.jpg

WOW for people who try to be accepting and understanding they did not try to research this show whats so ever.

then there is this nugget of gold...

It's low brow as in it's low cheap jokes which is normaly fart and sex jokes.... for one read the article they obviousily dont understand the show since they dont get why Superman (I would also point out that gay superman saved them) was in a show about Oz....and are against viloence on witches...I'm personaly against the fur trade of sasquatches... but look one of my close friends is gay he goes with us to HHN almost every year and loves Bill and Ted and does not get offended by the "Gay" jokes same way I or almost all of southern California do get offended by the Mexican jokes weather it be G.I. Jose Dora the explorer or Captain Mexico is gardner...look Ferox I understand you don't enjoy those kind of jokes and believe me I respect you for that and respect the fact that you don't judge us who like the show but come on these article are over reacting Bill and Ted has always had the same major jokes hell the gay superman joke is straight from Orlando's 2006 Bill & Ted. So they are complaining about it now? there has been a bill and ted for almost 20 years with diverse crowds who enjoy it weather it be gay straight Mexican white black asain ect ect. unless you tell me this is the first year a homosexual individual has ever seen Bill and Ted.

• Like 1

well the same thing happened to the Orlando show last year but it was because they were making fun of Mitt Romney, People were talking about boycotting and stuff.

They got so much crap about it from conservatives they had to change the show a little bit .

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2012/10/10/universal-studios-shocking-show-defames-romney-praises-obama-2775

http://theinformedconservative.weebly.com/1/post/2012/10/theme-park-skit-shows-obvious-bias-against-romney.html

Edited by LV-426

So they are complaining about it now? there has been a bill and ted for almost 20 years with diverse crowds who enjoy it weather it be gay straight Mexican white black asain ect ect. unless you tell me this is the first year a homosexual individual has ever seen Bill and Ted.

Well as you might have noticed, 2006 was a less popular event than 2013. As an event becomes more popular, more people notice it. Do you honestly think there hasn't been this criticism of the show before? It's always been there, just this article got some attention. The most annoying part is that they don't even try to make their hacky "oh no he went there" jokes original or interesting. Oh wow, how edgy. An Asian guy confusing his ls and rs.

I mean has the guy who wrote Nicki Minaj's lines ever heard Nicki Minaj speak? Did they just tell him she's black and he went from there? It's laughably lazy writing.

• Like 1

I posted in the General Discussion thread but I feel like elaborating a bit further.

I'm gay and it didn't bother me at all. I mean I didn't think it was exactly great or clever writing. But I certainly wasn't offended by it.

Edited by kwyjibo
  • Like 1

Well as you might have noticed, 2006 was a less popular event than 2013. As an event becomes more popular, more people notice it. Do you honestly think there hasn't been this criticism of the show before? It's always been there, just this article got some attention. The most annoying part is that they don't even try to make their hacky "oh no he went there" jokes original or interesting. Oh wow, how edgy. An Asian guy confusing his ls and rs.

I mean has the guy who wrote Nicki Minaj's lines ever heard Nicki Minaj speak? Did they just tell him she's black and he went from there? It's laughably lazy writing.

Orlando's event in 2006 was extreamly populer it was their Sweet 16 event for crying out loud. Im not saying this is the first time someone got offended by Bill & Ted or any show for that matter, but that Universal hates the Homosexual commuinity now? It not "Gay Friendly" ? realy? so cuz Dora stabed someone I can go and say they are not mexican friendly cuz they force the stero type that you are gonna get stabed by a mexican? no. Bill and Ted is supposed to be over the top and cheesy it never claimed to be edgy like I said it's a bunch of dick and fart jokes ment to get an Immature Laugh to are proud of the fact that it is bad taste and warn first hand. The show is bad THIS YEAR cuz of the bad writting and overused gags not because a gay joke on superman.

And Have YOU heard Nicki Minaj or anyone else related like Lil Wayne or Drake speak? they all talk like that.

thank you!

Closing Statement

Look Im not pist someone is offended by a joke, what I don't like is the over the top "This offended me Kill it with fire!!!" attitude this article has. It went as far as to suggest you go somewhere else and called Uni Homophobic for a gay joke this list a bunch of Anti-gay celebirties at the bottom like they're this Anti-Gay Legion of Doom. I'm for equality but people tend to use "equality" to their advantage they confuse this (=) with (>) The joke was Superman turned gay not "Superman is Gay and he will burn in hell cuz Homosexuality is a sin" I seen Chucky's Insult Emporium go down cuz of a fat joke I dont wanna see Bill and Ted go down for a Superman is Gay joke. If it says will offend it's gonna offend if it says insult they will be insults.

• Like 1