Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure 2013 [Reveiw]

Grindhousehero13

So just wondering, if you think that's the case why are you alright with hetero people saying the show wasn't offensive and saying that LGBT people who took some issue with it (through offense or distaste) represent some kind of extreme, when you are straight?

I can see where you are coming from with where you started, but where you ended seems odd.

Edited by ferox

So just wondering, if you think that's the case why are you alright with hetero people saying the show wasn't offensive and saying that LGBT people who took some issue with it (through offense or distaste) represent some kind of extreme, when you are straight?

I had never believed the show was not offensive I've always said the point of the show was to be offensive I kinda found it funny to be insulted personaly one reason I love being insulted by chucky some people like this in fact there is a resteruant called "Dicks Last Resort" where the gimmick is you go to eat and the waiters are assholes to you so people do dig being offended, but th reason I enjoy this show and other who are gay, black, asian, mexican enjoy the show or at least are not offended because they have thick skin never said or believed the show was not offensive or that people were not offended by it. I'm not okay with people telling other people how they should be it "If you are gay this should offend you" or "All you gays are not really ofended" I do think the Huffinton post writer went to an extream by calling Universal Homophobic, I don't think it's right nor condone the thinking that nobody was offended by the joke. If you say the show was'nt offensive then you should'nt be watching the show I also dont think anyone on the hollywood forums (at least non that I've seen) have said the show was not offensive just that certain jokes dont offend them. I want the show back does not mean I am alright with idiots telling people how they should feel regardless of race of sexual orientation.

I also wanna ask you this, do you have a problem with people wanting the show back? If it came back as strong as 2012 and didnt cross the line like this year, would you find harm in it just cuz of this year's show if it was well written and did'nt use cheap stereotype would you still have a problem with it? Most of the people who want it back (I am purposly not including the dumbasses who are coining the hashtag #F*GS) could care less about the damn superman joke in fact if it was just replaced I'm sure they would be perfectly fine. The outrage for the fans is not "You took my homophobic joke away" its "You took our Bill & Ted away" So If they really worked with GLAAD and made next year's Bill & Ted better (like the plan seems to be) is there any harm or do you believe this years show should reflect every B&T show there has been and ever will be? Do you think the fans who for the most part on these boards and are not Homophobic should be screwed over because of bad writting?

I did see you "like" multiple updates from straight people (many of whom also happen to be idiots) that say the show isn't offensive or homophobic and that gay people need to stop whining. Don't deny that. You know you did that. You also know that you said people who took issue with the show were like black panthers or neo-nazis calling out for a race war. I get that you were upset about the show being canceled, but you said/approved of some pretty messed up stuff, by your own standard.

Wanting the show back isn't an issue, but you have to be freaking blind to not see how much of the "we want the show back" is straight people whining about how the gays ruin everything and need to take a joke.

Edited by ferox

I've only seen the show on YouTube since I went last night after it had been cancelled. To be honest the way the joke was written was the problem. It is one thing if the character was already gay, but I can see the concept of making someone gay and then having them suddenly act like a total stereotype can be offensive. Imagine if instead of fairy dust they had used Asian dust or Afro dust; the show would have been cancelled on opening night.

That said, the lack of a show was strongly felt last night and I think the wait times on The Simpsons reflected that. There is just so little to do on the upper lot this year. You can't even enjoy the nice view from the old Coke Soak area. The only quick fix I can think of would be to open Shrek for the weekend crowds.

• Like 1

Ferox lets go through everything I liked since the issue was brought up, to see who are supposably Whiny Straight Idiots

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

someone who said he was gay and not offended does not want to live on this planet

says we need to laugh at ourselfs and he personally like stereotype jokes regardless...said that this years show sucks and that the article he read brushed of the race jokes mainly talks smack to the writter who nobody likes. But I can see this one getting confused.

Supports LBGT commuinty but thinks calling Universal Homophobic over a joke that was in bad taste not out homophobic rage

and the only thing about Neo-Nazi and Black Panther I mentioned was that they dont represent the majority of the race they are "about".

And now you have to resort to insulting my friend for not being offended? like really? This is probably not your point but it does come out that way.

not saying that they are not straight people acting dumb there are tons of them but does that mean they represnt every straight person? you dont see the irony of being mad that a steroetype of gays being horny, weak, flamboyant and associated with fairies but then asume that every straight dude is a bro-ed out overly macho homophobe in a pick up truck who hates the idea of a gay being offended?

I'm not talking about any gay person's (your friend or kwy) opinion on the matter, clearly not. That's their agency and their call to make. The problem is if somebody who doesn't belong to x-group saying that it's fine because somebody from that group cleared it for them, and that if somebody else from that group disagrees you don't need to listen to them. You still keep saying majority, but without a reason to back up that claim.

Sadbones' main contribution to the thread was explaining how the idea of a "harmless joke" is a very simplistic way of looking at it. Actually, the logical fallacy thing was in response to you saying that if they can't have gay jokes next thing you know the mazes will something something whatever.

Long story short: If you don't enjoy the show, then leave and let those who do enjoy it have their fun...no need to try and ruin it for everyone.

Yeah queers! If you don't like a park you paid money to get into using outdated and dehumanizing stereotypes for humor, just shut up! Can't you just accept homophobia around you and not have to make a big deal out of it? Yeah, another dude who confuses taking issue with homophobic entertainment with simply not caring for it. No surprise here.

Nah, he said "that bit" isn't homophobic. As a straight guy, he has the right to say that bit (Superman is gay so he's an easy to beat up sissy who needs to man up) isn't homophobic. Not Universal as a whole, but just that one bit. Hence the word "bit."

Wow Grind, you can't honestly be defending that dude. He said that the jokes were *hilarious*. When nobody else was saying that the jokes were funny, he said that the gay superman joke was hilarious. He then went on to address a statement to "gays" that we need to take a joke and called a gay critic talking about the content of the show "nagging." If you don't agree that this dude has an issue with gays, you're kidding yourself.

Who said anything about pick up trucks or bros? You don't have to be a bro to be homophobic. Homophobes come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They are a very diverse group. That's actually part of my point. People assume that bigotry only comes in one extreme form, ignoring the other forms it comes in. Not every bigot is a member of the WBC with a giant GOD HATES FAGS sign or one of the jocks from Revenge of the Nerds. Sometimes they are just idiots who somehow think the very idea of Superman being gay is hilarious. Hell, I know some bigots who drive VW bugs.

"I don't see any mention of sexuality here, just a bunch of people saying that they hate a gay writer for being stupid because he doesn't like gay jokes."

Note how many times *anybody* said that it was USH's fault for making a show that relied so much on stereotypes. Oh wait, nobody. Nobody said that it was USH's fault for making a show with awful content. Clearly it was the fault of a guy who criticized the show and then GLAAD for acting like a civil rights group does and talking to Universal about how not to promote harmful stereotypes.

I think there was one guy. One. One guy who put the blame more on Universal rather than the queers who daaaaared to take issue with the show.

I'm not talking about any gay person's (your friend or kwy) opinion on the matter, clearly not. That's their agency and their call to make. The problem is if somebody who doesn't belong to x-group saying that it's fine because somebody from that group cleared it for them, and that if somebody else from that group disagrees you don't need to listen to them. You still keep saying majority, but without a reason to back up that claim.

Sadbones' main contribution to the thread was explaining how the idea of a "harmless joke" is a very simplistic way of looking at it. Actually, the logical fallacy thing was in response to you saying that if they can't have gay jokes next thing you know the mazes will something something whatever.

Yeah queers! If you don't like a park you paid money to get into using outdated and dehumanizing stereotypes for humor, just shut up! Can't you just accept homophobia around you and not have to make a big deal out of it? Yeah, another dude who confuses taking issue with homophobic entertainment with simply not caring for it. No surprise here.

What's the stupid reason? Oh yeah, it was super homophobic. What a stupid reason, just because it's homophobic and USH didn't want to be known as the park who makes a stand for homophobia. How lame of them!

Nah, he said "that bit" isn't homophobic. As a straight guy, he has the right to say that bit (Superman is gay so he's an easy to beat up sissy who needs to man up) isn't homophobic. Not Universal as a whole, but just that one bit. Hence the word "bit."

Wow Grind, you can't honestly be defending that dude. He said that the jokes were *hilarious*. When nobody else was saying that the jokes were funny, he said that the gay superman joke was hilarious. He then went on to address a statement to "gays" that we need to take a joke and called a gay critic talking about the content of the show "nagging." If you don't agree that this dude has an issue with gays, you're kidding yourself.

Who said anything about pick up trucks or bros? You don't have to be a bro to be homophobic. Homophobes come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They are a very diverse group. That's actually part of my point. People assume that bigotry only comes in one extreme form, ignoring the other forms it comes in. Not every bigot is a member of the WBC with a giant GOD HATES FAGS sign or one of the jocks from Revenge of the Nerds. Sometimes they are just idiots who somehow think the very idea of Superman being gay is hilarious. Hell, I know some bigots who drive VW bugs.

"I don't see any mention of sexuality here, just a bunch of people saying that they hate a gay writer for being stupid because he doesn't like gay jokes."

Dude stop and listen! instead of witch hunting...

You are getting mad at me for saying majority when you said a majority of people who want Bill and Ted back are homophobic idiots my point is where that okay?

I do think he is one of the few people who laughed at that joke. Not defending him by any means, I hate critics who take thing over board like Huffington post calling Universal Homophobic as an entity cuz of a bad tastless joke that was made in a 1 month long show that was made with all bad ideas this year. He called a writter naggy which the Huffington post writer was naggy, Gay or Straight. If he did say that the gays were being naggy then that would be f'ed up I did'nt see in that post anything calling the gays as a whole naggy I see him calling one person naggy. He does not see anything wrong with the joke thats a little much, But does that make him homophobic? maybe he does not understand the gravity of the joke and how it can be hurtfull? not making excusses for him by now means but I do not know his life and neither do you so its kinda wrong to label him a homophobe I would to throw as well there are a bunch of kids on this site who may for the most part not understand things as well as us in our late teens to late 20's Hell I remember having to have side talks here on the forum with a few people because they were using the word "N*gga" as freely as lil Wayne they did not understand the weight of the word but does that make them racist?

and btw I get Sadbone's joke which is why I laughed I even stated I acknowlegde it was at me just cuz I was not offended does not mean I did not understand it.

so you dont see every saying Uni is spineless, Uni f'ed up, Uni did not stick to there guns? I only seen that one tweet that blamed GLAAD for anything the one that called them the "No fun Homos" which is totally uncalled for but I dont see anyone on this forum blame them for anything. In fact I even stated I like how they calmly got invovled and got straight to fixing the show so there could be a show. The Vice guy was okay with appoligzing to people who lost there jobs with the show cancelation, and saying he just does not like how gays were protrayed. But The Huffington Post guy was a doosh in my opinion

also I was using that steroetype as a refrence people liking a show does not make them homophobic but Im not there not any but to say they represent us wanting the show back is as silly as thinking the joke was not offensive.

But you know what this whole thing is stupid and has gotten out of control so lets end it here and now!

Ferox lets put all the argument behind us, look we here at HNNH have always consider each other a second family as do I consider all you guys my haunt family you included look I dont want anybody to feel discrimited against I just want Bill & Ted back and to form and you want people to uinderstand the weight of jokes and that things can be taken to far.

This is my purposal I know for myself what I said is true and Im willing to bet our Haunt family feels the same way, that HHNH needs to return to form on every aspect from the problem with mazes to Bill and Ted and most of all that EVERYone can enjoy it and feel welcomed well as much as you can feel welcomed being chased by chainsaws no matter who you are or what you are about oone thing we are all are Horror Nights super fans! So excuse my french F*CK everything that has been said on both side lets leave that here in this week where it belongs instead of dwelling on it (and this goes for everyone) lets move on and get constructive lets work togather and truly come up with great idea to improve HHN lets make 2014 the best year EVER. We know for a fact Universal has listedned to us in the past and I bet my last dollar that they will again but if we are going back and forth of who wrong and right all that we are gonna come off as are idiots with dollars in our pockets. No more Blame what has happened is done we cant change the last month. So that Purposal I was going on about? lets get back to how we were when we found out that we hit speculation 100% Lets be what we are a haunt family!

So for now on instead of focus on the past mistakes lets all come up with ideas and discuss and speculate and give Uni an idea on what we want as super fans and improve not only Bill and Ted but Halloween Horror Nights!

What you say Ferox can we move on from this and lets just be positive all of us not just me or you but every one on these forum and lets get to what makes this thread great our top notch speculation and awesome ideas and spec? I dont wanna argue back and forth for ever and I will leave everyone with the famouse Simon Pegg spoke in Shaun Of The Dead

"The Only Thing That Will Reddem Mankind is Cooperation"

Coexist Fans of Gore, Violence, Naked People and Danceing for no reason!

One last cliche to light up the mood!

AMERICAN-EAGLE.jpg

thats it im off my soapbox and ready to get on with my haunt career!

And I Understand your fight or burn sitaution but also understand in return that as somene who has never had a once of hate for anybody based on life style or race Im not trying to be insensitive that Im just being a fan and just reacting to something being taken away. It's Nerd Rage not Hate Rage

• Like 2

I don't think you are a bigot by any means, but you don't get how heterosexism manifests in these contexts. But you haven't lived it, so it's not uncommon.

Look I dont understand how people can go and hate someone for a dumb reason like who they choose to love and I learn about stuff listening music and watching movies hell one of my favorite bands is Rise Against and maybe to because I grew up with people who were never hate orrientated hell I may only have 1 gay friend but a lot of my close female friends are lesbians and have never seen too much of that hate for that commuinity hell my college Rio Hondo has a Gay/Straight Allience festival that is normaly pretty fun so I dont come from a place were too much hate for people now I say too much cuz I have seen people be bullyed. Hell I was an Emo kid in highschool so I was always being called a F*G or "Hey do you cut yourself crybaby" all because I wore tight pants and listened to certain bands besides that being friends with a gay dude makes you gay in bully's eyes, but I always been tough enough to stand up for myself and others. I admit though it's not the same as what you guys go through by any means and I probably will never understand your blight 100% but I do get that you have to stand up for yourself and now I understand more of it thanks to you, but in this sitatuion I think its best to get this show back up and proove to us to everyone that they can be funny without resorting to weak bad jokes!

so what you say we done with back and forth and lets do the best to understand each other and let get back to what important.....Mexican monster eating children and Bad Movies being made fun.

i know i have wished Bill and Ted to disappear and that their ethnic jokes are lame but....REALLY?!?!??! Some people were SO offended that universal had to cancel the show. Seriously this is ridiculous the show isnt ANTI ANYTHING, its basic effing comedy......most comedy will offend someone whether it be White, Black, Asian, Tall, Short, Fat, Skinny, From USA, From The North Pole......you get the idea.

I know Universal probably cancelled the show so that GLAAD (which is a big organization) wouldnt picket outside the park and be a nuisance but COME ON! These are JOKES!!!!.....and REHASHED OVERUSED JOKES!!! Its not like anything new... we've seen them in some form or another in some form of entertainment.

Heres the big news though.....the type of stuff bill and ted were doing WILL HAPPEN AGAIN SOMEWAY, SOMEHOW, SOMEWHERE

for anyone who was offended....get over it....your life isnt ruined by some limited run show

• Like 2

GLAAD actualy were more for keeping the show and changing the bit than cancleing the show, they most likely cancled the show as a regroup effort as an effort to both please the offended party and save face with the right holder to the Bill and Ted movie......

That being said we arnt gonna get anywhere by going back to say "This Is stupid" people were offended other werent bothered by it leave it at that no need to go over and over like we are on how people should feel lets just focus on getting the show back to form. This was an issue with some people and they do have a right to feel that way. It sucks that it led to Bill and Ted getting cancled but hoepfully we can get another B&T on the same level as 2012's

Haha. No really, I swear. But hey, I like Cretin and they have a transgender singer. Check them out if you are into grindcore. I should warn you though, some of the songs deal with adult subject matter. And Wendy Carlos. She's pretty awesome.

ANYWAY. Yeah I responding in another thread saying that the theory makes sense. IF that is the case, it's not a sure thing that we'll see B&T again. On one hand, it would act as promotion for the movie since I think most people under 24 have never heard of Bill and Ted. On the other hand, I could see B&T's owners saying "Nope Hollywood, you screwed up too bad last time, no show for you." Or maybe they will give Uni the rights back but be more involved with the content.

At least this makes show spec for next year a little more interesting.

Haha. No really, I swear. But hey, I like Cretin and they have a transgender singer. Check them out if you are into grindcore. I should warn you though, some of the songs deal with adult subject matter. And Wendy Carlos. She's pretty awesome.

ANYWAY. Yeah I responding in another thread saying that the theory makes sense. IF that is the case, it's not a sure thing that we'll see B&T again. On one hand, it would act as promotion for the movie since I think most people under 24 have never heard of Bill and Ted. On the other hand, I could see B&T's owners saying "Nope Hollywood, you screwed up too bad last time, no show for you." Or maybe they will give Uni the rights back but be more involved with the content.

At least this makes show spec for next year a little more interesting.

A friend has told me about Cretin actualy I'll check them out and no worries my music taste used to be affected by songs used in the CKY videos and jackass so yeah My ipod went off in class playing Fuck the pain away by peaches so yeah haha.

IDK for smart or idiotic the distress for Bill and Ted being pulled has been heard Im sure if they do just run things by GLAAD and actualy put effort into it they should be back.

A cool and funny thing they should do is when they do the disclaimer bit they should have Ron Burgendy come on stage and appologize for this years show and use this bit from family guy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbLxEaFzD-o

"We appologize for some bad choices we made last year and in an act of contrition I shall place this carnivorious earwig into my brain"

I'm sure it's possible that they could manage to write an entire show without lazy stereotype jokes, but I could see the Bill and Ted owners getting pissed off and cutting off Universal.

I think another way would be for whatever celebrity says something stupid and bigoted next year to immediately be killed or shoved off stage. "Nuh-uh, none of that stuff." It would make sense for people who remembered what happened this year without *needing* to know. I'm sure everyone involved wants everyone to just forget it happened at all.

• Like 1

or some joke like

Ted: "So in conclusion we appoligize for not being excellent"

Bill: "Yeah and no worries Universal took care of the old writters, they sent them to a farm where they can run around with other writters like the one that do the hanging"

Ted: "you mean knott's Berry farm dude?"

Bill: "No Dude that farm they sent your dog and your grandma to"

Ted: "Excellent...Oh wait"

Im sure they will be back hell if they can survive Disney and Republicans Im sure they can survive their own mistake

Maybe. We'll see how it goes. Also, just one thing. When I said that people weren't blaming Universal for *making the show* I meant *making the show.* Everyone else was rallying against them for not "sticking to their guns" or "giving in to the offended (gays, giving into the gays)" or that some civil rights group was going to be a nuisance and picket. You know, despite any evidence of that last claim. All of the "Uni f'ed up" claims were "Uni f'ed up by giving into the gays." Which is like giving into claims that it's offensive to mass murderers.

That's the opposite of saying "Maybe those lazy and awful jokes shouldn't have been made to begin with."

There's a lot of stuff you want to give some people credit for, but you're giving them much more credit than they deserve. Maybe you don't want to admit that the people who are on your side are homophobic, but come on. Look that stuff over again. You can't say that a gay writer writing about gay issues being called "naggy" has nothing to do with sexuality. Harvey Milk said that you can't be apolitical in a political world. Before he was shot.

Edited by ferox

Well I know some are I mean the "no fun homo" guy was retarded since he blamed the gay rights group that actually tried to help keep the show

My point is not all of them are the same way. As for the Huffington post that only article I had a problem with. As far uni sticking to their guns as for me and some (some being the key word) on this forum we ment keeping the show and nipping the joke in the bud when first sign of trouble) they should made smart choices from the start yes but once it's out there it's out there so logical step would be droping the bit and apologizing I know they're idiots who made them seem like a gay terrorist group bent on destroying universal but I rather speak for the people I know are legitimaly wanting the show to move forward from this and are upset with uni for not making a cut and just nuking and rather us undiscriminating fans have a louder voice then the dumbasses but I get and I know those jerks are out there

I think some people picture this like The Purge, except all of the Purgers are gay. And instead of wanting to kill that one guy in the house, they are here to kill Bill and Ted.

"Realth the beasth boooooooooooys! Wooohoooo!"

The polite leader is pretty cute after all, with his flowing blonde locks.

---

Here's an official statement from Theme Park Times.

Theme Park Times and other media had posted videos of the 2013 "Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure" show, but Universal Studios is removing them, especially after it cancelled the "Bill & Ted" show, bowing to criticism and pressure from select groups. Universal Studios is also deleting all negative comments about the cancellation of the "Bill & Ted" show from its social media sites. We highly recommend everyone visit Knott's Scary Farm's Halloween Haunt for its amazing mazes and shows.

---

Bowed to criticism from "select groups." Hmm...I wonder what those select groups are? Oh yeah, LGBT civil rights groups. They are mad at Universal for "bowing" to criticism and "pressure" from LGBT civil rights groups.

Edited by ferox