Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure 2013 [Reveiw]

Grindhousehero13

Even worse they said Knotts is better

Honestly this guy is totaly talking out his ass it sad that these guys are representing the masses .

A lot these guys don't seem homophobic but extremely blindly stupid. Now I'm getting annoyed instead of constructive comments like "hey I love B&T sucks it went there but bring it back" but instead there are these nuggets if gold -___-

I think there's certainly a hint of homophobia. There's certainly this belief in heterosexual supremacy. The whole thing that LGBT people engaging in a conversation with the creators of media about content is a problem.

They seem all too eager to just assume it was the fault of the gays, yknow? The kneejerk response is that gays are being too sensitive. And the whole "gays are just too sensitive" thing is a stereotype that some of the more blatant homophobes throw around. A stereotype that many of the people responding seem to belief.

Not to mention all of that "stick to your guns Universal!" and "They bowed down to the gays! How weak!" talk which has turned into a boycott of Universal for not telling GLAAD to fuck off. They are honestly pissed off at Universal for canceling the show, which they assume was because GLAAD came in and purged the show at the threat of them being a "nuisance" (civil rights are such a nuisance right?) even though there's evidence that there's more to the story, IE that stuff about B&T's owners shutting it down as damage control.

Let's think this out. They thought it would be a great idea for Universal to give GLAAD, a civil rights group, the finger and stand up for their right to make awful gay jokes. They are mad at Universal for not saying "Yes, we here at Universal think gay jokes are great, and if GLAAD disagrees they can eat it."

On another level, there's this belief that GLAAD and gay critics of the show were acting out of their place by calling out the homophobia. Clearly, the better thing would be to just shut up and stop nagging them. In other words, that the only good queer is a silent queer. Not to mention the weirdly Orwellian belief that queers who are able to make a stand are weak. What's weak about not wanting to put up with a homophobic society? Shore Leave from the Venture Brothers had an amazing speech about it. There's nothing weak about saying we're not going to take it, no we ain't gonna take it, we're not going to take it, anymore. Especially when a bunch of bigoted/ignorant idiots are telling you that you don't deserve to speak out.

but also take into consideration like mention the Hetero supremency is also something that is imbedded (not unalike White Supremecy) in most people so much that they dont think they are saying something really ignorant without actually realizing then mix it with a having something you liked cancled for a reason you don't understand then the mob mentality that there needs to be a monster at the end of that pitchfork. The more time goes on the more clear it's the writters fault for not thinking things threw before fleshing it out *Cough Insidious as well Cough Darth Maul Cough*

A big problem is people are stupid, people don't learn or even worse people are easily influenced (woah just learned a lesson myself right now so I actualy must appologize and thank you Ferox) True and f*cken terrifying story, My buddy dated this girl our freshman year of college real headcase well her mom's a born again christian but not just any type of christian Kevin Smith's Red State christian, southern babptist like christian. Well My school has this gay/straight allience festival put on by the gay/straight allience club every september, they had free food, In n out truck, Aid's awarness booth that gave out free condoms music ect. well my buddy and his chick go missing me and my girlfriend at the time do what any other young couple would be doing collecting free condoms and free food! well My Gf goes home and I find my buddy and his GF in the cafateria I goo sit down with them start up a conversation about the stuff outside and no joke she gave a long speach about what her priest told her. Now imagine the exorcist theme playing in my head I to this day awear I heard it in my head as she talked not gonna get into details (as it was pretty f'en graphic) about what she said be but basicly all Gays were led astray by satan and are try to trick young "Innocent girls" into oregys and taint their souls..... I litteraly had to get up and leave it was so sickening and uncomfortable sad thing is and the reason I bring this up my buddy told me in highschool before her family became born again she had never thought like her best friend was a gay male in Highschool so just like that prime example of Homophobie.

On the opisite side I have a friend who never knew anyone who was gay and we go out and he say just dumb stuff in public like "Look at that F*G, F'en Homo" for example and we would tell him to chill out and he litteraly for the life him understand why he could'nt say that and he would'nt even get mad at the slightest hint of homosexuality, if accidently brushed against his hand he would get furious but then he had photography class one semester and started to bond with the class and actually met and befriended a gay dude and litterally after the 3 months of the semester hanging with this dude and learning about his life (it has actually funny his child like wonderment learning about this gay dude) and withing no time he litteraly learned and was more accepting that staright people and gay people are altogather people! Prime example of being ignorant.

There is a difference of not understading someone like my friend and choosing to hate someone like my other friend's girlfriend

Also Ironicly I found this...ever heard of gentlemen's rants? basicly they were the original "Guy Code" and they make videos bascily tackeling guy problems and life with some comedy "Starbucks, Hipsters, Girlfriends ect." They recently tackled homophobia and make a lot of good points from a straight guys point of veiw and do it in a funny way. So honestly If anybody in the camp of "Damn gays ruin our show" this may help a little to get over it, and we can stop blaming them and move on with our live and come up with good ideas to improve the show!

also warning the end is kinda sexual

That shows why the more hardcore "career" bigots are so intent on keeping the other side silent their side to not listen. Be it race, gender, sexuality, or whatever they want to keep a narrative that marginalized group needs to be silent and non-marginalized group needs to not listen to them, since they don't matter. It's an effective cycle. The more you believe that X group is inferior to yourself, the less you are going to listen to what they have to say. The more you don't listen to them, the more you can stereotype them and dehumanize them.

Like your friend. Your friend was in that cycle, but broke out of it.

This is why bigots throughout history have been so dedicated to keeping x-group from having rights and/or social status. It keeps the belief that "they" aren't like "us" easier to maintain if there's these barriers. Like with same sex marriage. Part of it telling same sex couples that they don't deserve to be married, because that kind of relationship doesn't deserve the dignity of marriage. The other part is telling straight people that same sex couples don't deserve marriage, because that kind of relationship doesn't deserve the dignity of marriage. If somebody has accepted the belief that a group doesn't deserve the right to chose to get married, logically that person isn't going to accept that the person is worth much at all. It makes no sense to say that somebody doesn't deserve something you deserve because they are a different gender/color/sexuality and then also believe that they are equal to you. Since these things make it easier for ignorance to exist and blossom into hate, they want to keep them alive.

And then some people are mad at Universal for not leaving Bill and Ted as in and giving into such ridiculous demands like "Hey everybody it's 2013, let's not use these outdated stereotypes for the sake of comedy."

Since we need to end these comments with youtube comments I guess, here's an example of how stereotypes have been used in history. Hey, the narrator kinda sounds like Kim Jong from this year's show.

Exactly couldn't agree more like I mentioned knowledge is power... Can't believe I just quoted school house rock ....a lot of people are in the cycle for the lack of learning that we are all people but unfortunaly there are some who just choose their path and refuse to accept certain things

I'm really positive if superman was changed or cut no would even mind or even notice. But to be honest now nothing we can bitch about will bring this year's show back