Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure 2013 [Reveiw]

Grindhousehero13

It could have been done, and I'm not sure why they didn't. I like the idea that the writers were told to rewrite the script without resorting to stereotypes or rape jokes, panicked because they had no idea how to, and pulled the plug. Or maybe scriptobot 2000 blew a fuse?

Or Hell, how about just a storyline where Superman becomes gay but doesn't become useless and weak? Venture Brothers (yay more adult swim references) has macho gay characters. The weirdest thing to me is still that Bill and Ted promote being excellent to each other, but seemed alright when Wreck it Ralph said he was going to rape Nicki Minaj. Rape is one of the least excellent things you can do.

It could have been done, and I'm not sure why they didn't. I like the idea that the writers were told to rewrite the script without resorting to stereotypes or rape jokes, panicked because they had no idea how to, and pulled the plug. Or maybe scriptobot 2000 blew a fuse?

Or Hell, how about just a storyline where Superman becomes gay but doesn't become useless and weak? Venture Brothers (yay more adult swim references) has macho gay characters.

See one little change could of made a world of difference. Yes Venture Brother! anyways I dont think it was the writter since they take their time to get feedback and change things its this stupid "Instead of address the problem lets make it worse by predtending it didnt happen" mentality that the higher ups have. Like Chucky no one is supposed to mention why his show was droped but it was obviouse why.

If Bill and Ted *knock on wood* does return we should expect tighter shut downs on youtube videos.

That's it. As of today I hate gays! I'm turning straight now so I don't have to be associated with them.

And how stupid is Universal for just canceling it?? The few queers it offended watched it once and wrote about it and are never going to ever watch it again, while me, a queer that goes every weekend is left without his favorite part of Halloween.

This show is the only reason I have been going to HHN every weekend since 2007, I bring friends and I warn them they about to watch the best worst show ever. Really we only watch bill and Ted for the half naked dances but as a normal gay person I thought the superman scene was the only actual funny one this year.

Guess Halloween ended last Sunday for me. Sad times.

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! etc. etc.

Yeah my guess is we'll never figure out why it was just dropped instead of altered. We have theories, but that's really it. Murdy has given his official "I didn't create it, so I won't comment" stance. He did say that he liked an article posted early in the thread about how jokes aren't these magical things that exist outside of reality.

Did you see the official press release before they pulled it?

“[bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure] appears during ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ in limited run and is specifically intended to be shocking and satirical in tone, focusing on adult themes...The show lampoons across all areas of our culture and it was not our intention to offend or upset anyone."

Uh-huh. So it's meant to be shocking and it's labeled as offensive *during* the show, but you don't mean to offend. Anthony Jeselnik once said that a risk he takes when he does his humor (that's actually well written) is that he knows people will respond negatively, and he accepts the fallout if there is one. If people don't like his material and write bad reviews, that comes with the territory of doing what he does. I respect that. I don't respect people who try to be shocking and when act surprised when there's a negative response. That's just silly.
Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

So the article mean Bill and Ted is not gone for ever since they mention future Bill and Ted? See the article from GLAAD before that one which brings seems more calm and constructive than the Huffington Post especially since they take uni guest into consideration.

Also twitter fans are defending the hell out of Bill & Ted and some of them are gay like our old friend Rigo and voicing concern about canceling Bill & Ted hope this shows everyone that when shit hits the fan it's better to cut a finger then the whole hand a minor change was not worth losing the whole show

Update: well it begins....the refunds are being demanded on twitter now because of Bill & Ted's canclelation...and Murdy does not seem happy haha I do feel for him he's like "Look at this gourmet feast I slaved all year cooking for you guys." and twitter's like "Yeah thats cool but you threw away the frozen burrito I had in the fridge I am not gonna eat" but at least the fans are being heard

#BringBackBillAndTed

Haha, I like the frozen burrito analogy.

So far Murdy has said that an article (posted here) that was critical of the "it's just a joke!" mentality was intelligent and well thought out. He's said that he does support Universal in closing it. He's also said that (emphasis his) it's Halloween HORRROR Nights. He has told the fans to go to GR.

They are reducing the amount of tickets sold per night to make up for the lack of attraction.

I saw that. I wonder when if they cut off the capacity before they did the press releases? If not...welp. You'll be a busy little pumpkin.

It'll be crowded regardless. And it's college night... So, I'm expecting jerks. Though last college night was surprisingly one of the less 'annoying' nights, so let's hope for a repeat of that.

Hopefully.

Also, it looks like Murdy is fully on board with the closing.

"@HorrorNights @UniStudios Given your high popularity wouldn't you think to add more capacity than to subtract so more people can attend?"

"Yes that would be the goal but under the circumstances its the right thing to do for our guests"

He also said that he supports the call because "It's the right thing to do."

Haha, I like the frozen burrito analogy.

So far Murdy has said that an article (posted here) that was critical of the "it's just a joke!" mentality was intelligent and well thought out. He's said that he does support Universal in closing it. He's also said that (emphasis his) it's Halloween HORRROR Nights. He has told the fans to go to GR.

They are reducing the amount of tickets sold per night to make up for the lack of attraction.

I'm guessing he was never a fan of the show to begin with.

Wait I take it make...that last video reminded me of something. A voodoo ceremony with Marie Laveau would be pretty cool after seeing last nights episode.

I'd really like to see a show set up as a campfire kind of like the mystery lodge with old legends coming alive before you. Hell, they could even put LL in there if they wanted to