Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure 2013 [Reveiw]

Grindhousehero13

Still doesn't sound like she does in the show. She just sounded like a racist 14 year old's impersonation of a black woman in the show. Or, like Halle Berry/Catwoman in last year's show.

you do know those are the same actress who did those characters in fact she has been Nicki Minaj the past 3 years you think she of all people would be offended by it and you know quit? Its not a joke on Black women as you make it out to be it's a joke on how Nicki Minaj's wannabe gangster persona that she puts on.

You really have a grudge against this show huh? The point is it suppose to the immaturity of a teenage boy what the hell are Bill and Ted? Teenage Boys. My point is take this show with a grain of salt no need for a pitche fork mob.

Ah yeah, since we so often try to see Nicky Minaj say stuff like you are in the wrong neighborhood cracker and representing the east side. It had nothing to do with how every non-white character in that show either represented a stereotype or had a racist joke said at them.

So last year was a joke about how Halle Berry tries to be gangster? I don't have a grudge, I just can recognize when something is clearly awful.

Yeah cuz you know she does represent a group called young money or even has song that has gun shots to refrence her shooting people. No wait does. But does she represent all black women? Does lil Wayne represent all black? No.

Last year joke was about cat woman changing races back and forth if you noticed the white cat woman talked the same way. Also there are white stereotypes too unless you know it's not a stereo types if it's on a straight white person.

Paula Deen being the witch the south is as much of as a stereotype as nicki minaj being the witch of the eastside and there was also the joke that whatever a white person says about other ethnicity is racist despite the context and the joke about her not understanding why she can't use the N word.

Hell Bill and Ted are the biggest stereotypes the show has they are the stereotypical white California "Dude/surfer/metal/rocker" they are stupid, immature and stoner like.

• Like 2

Perhaps I should be homophobic in retaliation?

But seriously, WTF

How about trying to RE-WRITE the show! I'll do it my damn self for free.

This is a fucking outrage.

I hated the show this year, but damn. Cancelling it over some gay jokes?

Give me a break. in fact, its my gay friends who look forward to the show the most out of all my friends because of all the "man candy."

I know some of my friends would literally think twice about going if there was no Bill and Ted show. Some ppl wouldn't go at all (idk those ppl personally, but they exist).

Perhaps I should be homophobic in retaliation?

You should be homophobic, casually racist, and commit sexual assault while making lazy pop culture references.

(Don't actually do any of that, especially the sexual assault.)

It is odd that they didn't just re-write the show. Maybe the writers were too pissy to take out all of the jokes that got the bad reviews and decided to just can it. Or they realized that without racial/sexist/gay jokes the show would just be that Great Gatsby scene.

Edited by ferox

Lmfao I can't watch Bill and Ted?

Then I shall live it!

Anarchy on the streets!

It is how I will "Purge" these bad feelings away

And yeah, poor actors and dancers out of a freakin job when all they were doing is being given to them what was written. At least put on Slaughteworld or Special Effects Stages geared towards Horror to make up for it.

This seriously pisses me off. And I thought canceling Chucky was bad.

I'm really enjoying the people claiming it was "one" gay joke. You know, instead of most of the plot. Or ignoring all of the other stuff that gave them bad reviews. It's easy to sound right if you make stuff up I guess?

I get the response, but at least be honest. I don't know if I've seen a single honest response to the claims any of the article was making. Stop being so sensitive to people criticizing a stupid show.

Edited by ferox

Not sure. I think it might have been the writers saying that they refuse to rewrite it since they already changed so much from opening night and decided it wasn't worth the hassle for however many nights of HHN are left.

Besides, there was a good amount of stuff that wasn't Superman that got bad press. Kim Jong Un's "I sound like a racist 14 year old's impersonation of a Korean person" voice would also have to be pulled out.

http://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainment/2013/10/21/watch-universal-studios-stages-homophobic-halloween-show

Here's a good comment from the page. " It truly made me sad to hear people laughing and calling the guys in the show "fags" after the show was over."

People are enjoying the show so much that they scream "fags" out from the audience. Maybe Universal and Murdy looked over the show and realized that their studio and event is better than a bunch of lazy jokes that you'll just hear in Thanksgiving when your bigoted uncle has a few too many. Maybe this will get the writers to actually try next year.

Edited by ferox

this is so F'en stupid Bill and Ted got Chucky'ed over Butthurt-ness which is what it is butthurt-ness (coining that word) this is the 3rd time one of our shows got canceled one show because they called someone fat another cuz it was "Too gay" and this one because it was "Homophobic" and "Racist" where the f' are people's priorties when there are actual injustice to humans going on in the world and the need to take on a show at a halloween event for adults. This is sad this whole "Let's Not Hurt Anyones Feelings" attitude is sad. I'm hoping it was the bad writting that most "Fans" complained about is the reason and they just decided to hold off till next year and work harder on it and not because another case of hurt feelings. People just need to learn to take a f'en joke and move on with their life. This sucks for the actors who put on a great show every year despite what the script is and for the dudes who have been Bill and Ted for the last few years. I just hope Knotts stands their ground as much as I do not like the hanging they better stick to their guns.

I love HHNH and Bill & Ted was one of my favorite things about it but not the overall reason I go but if I had not bought my tickets already I would call out this year to be honest with the last show gone not only is it sad but look at the hell that has been let loose on wait times. To be honest if the show is not back next year I'm just going to save up more cash and head to Orlando, not trying to boycott just would rather go somewhere more "Worth while" then "Good ol' Bigot Uncle Universal Hollywood".

• Like 1

where the f' are people's priorties when there are actual injustice to humans going on in the world and the need to take on a show at a halloween event for adults.

You spent the better part of the year getting outraged that a movie you didn't like because of one character's makeup design was going to come to HHN. Don't play the "There's better things to care about!" card when you spent that much time getting offended by face paint that reminded you of a Star Wars character.

Yes I don't like the first Insidious mostly cuz of that character design and yes I made jokes all year about it, but did I write an angry article and demand Universal take it out because my feeling where hurt? No I made Star Wars Joke and they were "Jokes" something people are taking in all seriousness, yes I had initail "Oh god why" but after that I did'nt care but I don't star wars jokes equal "Boo take it down". Jokes btw that I was not the only one who participated in. You can not compair the two just cuz no one is on the same high horse that you been on since someone made a joke about horchata and el cucuy that offended no mexican on these boards. I was not offended by Darth Maul I just think it was poor character design...but hell I loved the second Insidious and hell I shoved out ticket money for HHNH and admited I probably got outraged a little more cuz I wanted Resident Evil more than Insidious but then I got over made jokes and even the jokes stoped..THATS HOW PEOPLE MOVE ON WITH THEIR LIFE! I was pullying for resident evil Insidious won it's like when you bet on a horse and it looses you get mad momentarly and move on you don't burn down Santa Anita afterwords.

What I can't understand is why you are outraged by the fact people liked this show when you are neither of the groups that were supposably bashed and a memeber from each of those groups came forth and said they were not offended and/or loved the show.

• Like 1

Never been to the Hollywood event, but I am saddened to hear that their BnT show has been cancelled. I understand why it was, there was just too much bad publicity surrounding it and I guess the haters would have just gotten louder and angrier if something wasn't done. I'm sure the show has it's fans over there, and I do think it sucks that the event loses one of its only shows. Makes me fear for the day when a few people decide to throw a fuss because they found something "offensive" at the Orlando version, and so that version is shut down too. Let's get one thing straight guys, I LOVE the Bill and Ted show, I always have fun and I think it's great...that said, there is a good amount of potentially offensive material in both Hollywood and Orlando versions. If the show warns you that there will be offensive material and you decide not to leave and get offended, and then throw a fit about it...well,that's your fault. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean you have to start a crusade to shut it down. There are tons of people out there that love this show, and it's not fair that they have to miss out. Long story short: If you don't enjoy the show, then leave and let those who do enjoy it have their fun...no need to try and ruin it for everyone.

• Like 1