Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure 2013 [Reveiw]

Grindhousehero13

Sadly this is the worst Bill and Ted to date. Worse than 2009.. It felt like I was watching The Hanging.

Opening week is always pretty rough but it was never that bad. Doubt it can be saved as they'd have to rewrite the entire thing. The dumbest thing was to base it off Wizard of Oz, it's not funny or sexy which is the reason to watch Bill and Ted. Also the reoccurring villains were terrible choices I don't even remember who they were supposed to be, a mad Asian man?

Only scene I remembered that was fun was Gatsby.

I tried to black out half way through, so I could be wrong but I don't think the finale had pyro just fire. Ends with JLo Live it Up.

Can't wait to see the changes next week.

• Like 1

if someone can at least PM the details of the shows that would be great

but I seen the ending dance number and Ill chime in

it started of great Macklemore's "Cant Hold Us" and Taylor Swift's "Trouble" were wise choices as those were big songs of the year like litteraly still hear those almost every day on the radio and I'll be honest despite my personal taste in music which leads more to the heavy side and punk side I like those songs they are pop songs for a reason but that obscure Will I Am song? WTF! then that awful just realy bad Selena Gomez song that litteraly was only played for like 3 weeks, then the Bruno Mars song which not bad but I didnt thin was a big song, then suite and tie ok we are getting back on track that was pretty catchy and was everywhere this year, but then they follow it up with 2 songs I have never heard ever!!! and then that Dredfull Pitbull song I repeat What Da Fu*K and Honestly how do you not use get Lucky by Daft Punk which was litterly the song of the year.

My suggestion or at least hope

1. Keep Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake and Macklemore those songs were a great fit

2. Drop Will.I.AM, Selena Gomez, those two songs at the end and the Pit Bull song

3. Songs that would fit WAY better Applause by Lady Gaga, DAFT PUNK for christ sakes, my Songs know what you did In The Dark by Fall Out Boy, and Clarity by Zedd. Hell Even Roar by Katy Perry would of been better and its not that great hell they could done backstreet boys and Refrenced the Ending of This Is The End.

Ps did they only use 3 movies cuz all I saw was Star Trek, The Hobbit, and Man Of Steel.

• Like 1

I'm thinking exactly the same thing. The "opening" dance number was to "Take Your Shirt Off" which is so freakin old its ridiculous.

Personally i'd put in Thrift Shop instead of "Can't Hold Us." But Get Lucky was def needed. Applause and Roar are brand new but they definitely should've threw them in the second they came out. Plus there's so many other songs out, its a damn mystery how they landed on the ones they chose.

The more I think about it, the more I think this might be worse than 09...

wow no other movies?!

This baffles me for one Disney did'nt put too much hard hitting stuff this year, IDK why either they just dont grow a pear and cap on Disney (Orlando Still does and Disney has been pissed at them far longer) since they can get away with it since as long as its a parody of the character there is no copy right infringment. Plus if they can get away with Oz because it existed before the Disney movie why not joke on The Lone Ranger bombing or even have the character just be Johnny Depp to refrence that they could have just had him come out dressed as a cop and say something like "First Pirate then Indian now Im going for the rest of the villiage people" but if they are using Disney as an excuse realy the only big things they had was Oz, Ironman 3, and Lone Ranger. What about Pacific Rim, This is The End, Django Unchained, Kick-Ass 2 for F*** sakes Uni owned that movie

I hope they do the one thing 09 did the second week and drasticly change the script.

Spoiler of the show:

Opening is all Wizard of Oz.

Opening number is take your shirt off.

Villan is mad Koren guy who's kidnapping villains and bringing them to Oz. Dumb.

Lone Ranger Scene. Yawn.

The hobbit comes out then they do one of the worst scenes in the show which is Le Mez. I don't know which was more aweful that or having to watch Dorothy randomly singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow throughout the show. Ughhhhh

Next scene I think is Super Man. Glinda (Taylor swift) hits him with fairy dust and he turns gay. Loved that scene.

After that it's Star Trek.

Then comes the best part of the show the Gatsby mid show dance number. So good!

They should have based the plot of the show to this.

There's a scene with the Wicked Witch of the east side (Nikki Minaj) and Amanda Bines. Wreck it Ralph comes out and wrecks them.

After that it's Michael Jackson and Justin Beiber

Insert molestation jokes.. Funny.

Then Gandoff gives bill and Ted the book of the dead, he reads it causing the most evil thing to appear which is of course Miley at the VMA's. Pretty good.

Dora the explorer and Diego come out and want 5 words that rhyme with suckers? It's hit girls that come out and says fuckers with kick ass.

After that they finally get to Oz and the Wizard is Chow from hangover. 2 people I've never head of come down from the ceiling then Justin Beiber pee's on the Wicked Witch of the west she melts and tells Taylor swift to write a song about it which starts the finale dance for no reason and it sucks because there is NO PYRO! Just fire. UGHHHHH! With no pyro the best part of the show goes down to mediocre. I hate whoever thought not using pyro would be ok.

I think it's mostly songs from the June billboard top 20.. yeah I downloaded that torrent to! I think they use:

-Taylor swifts Trouble

-Like the ceiling can't hold us

-Will I Am and Justin Beiber I'm Alive

-Bruno Mars Treasure

-Justin Timberlake suite and tie

-The Other Side

-JLo live it up

After getting over the fact that it's Wizard of Oz you can start to laugh at some of the stupidity that you came to see. I love Wizard of Oz as much as the next queer, I've seen Wicked over 30 times but I do not want to see it at HHN! It's not funny or sexy which should be what Bill and Ted is all about.

I'm starting to remember. Okay, spoilers follow; don't read if you want to be surprised:

The Hobbit

Les Miserables

Lone Ranger

Man of Steel

Star Trek

Pitch Perfect

Django Unchained

Wolverine (sort of)

GI Joe (sort of)

Oz: The Great and the Powerful

"The Fox" music video

The Great Gatsby (random dance sequence out of nowhere)

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone (super random)

Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke at the VMAs

Evil Dead (just the Book of the Dead)

Kick-Ass 2

Dora the Explorer (I have no idea why, but at least it was funny)

Hangover III (Mr. Chow)

Justin Bieber pissing in a mop bucket video

I think that's it. Missing, and what shoulve been added are: Iron Man 3, This is The End, Hansel & Gretel, Mama, Spring Breakers (would've been an awesome dance sequence), World War Z vs. Warm Bodies, The Conjuring (the clap game would've been funny), Now You See Me (would've been way more relevant than Burt Wonderstone) and I cannot believe throughout all the years its been on that they have never lampooned...Breaking Bad!!!!!

My problem with the things they did parody is the oldest movies on that list are the things they focused on the most. The newest thing on there is Man of Steel and that was in June. Anything newer (Kick Ass 2) was obviously thrown in at the last second.

Edited by DTH316

Spoiler of the show:

Opening is all Wizard of Oz.

Opening number is take your shirt off.

Villan is mad Koren guy who's kidnapping villains and bringing them to Oz. Dumb.

Lone Ranger Scene. Yawn.

The hobbit comes out then they do one of the worst scenes in the show which is Le Mez. I don't know which was more aweful that or having to watch Dorothy randomly singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow throughout the show. Ughhhhh

Next scene I think is Super Man. Glinda (Taylor swift) hits him with fairy dust and he turns gay. Loved that scene.

After that it's Star Trek.

Then comes the best part of the show the Gatsby mid show dance number. So good!

They should have based the plot of the show to this.

There's a scene with the Wicked Witch of the east side (Nikki Minaj) and Amanda Bines. Wreck it Ralph comes out and wrecks them.

After that it's Michael Jackson and Justin Beiber

Insert molestation jokes.. Funny.

Then Gandoff gives bill and Ted the book of the dead, he reads it causing the most evil thing to appear which is of course Miley at the VMA's. Pretty good.

Dora the explorer and Diego come out and want 5 words that rhyme with suckers? It's hit girls that come out and says fuckers with kick ass.

After that they finally get to Oz and the Wizard is Chow from hangover. 2 people I've never head of come down from the ceiling then Justin Beiber pee's on the Wicked Witch of the west she melts and tells Taylor swift to write a song about it which starts the finale dance for no reason and it sucks because there is NO PYRO! Just fire. UGHHHHH! With no pyro the best part of the show goes down to mediocre. I hate whoever thought not using pyro would be ok.

I think it's mostly songs from the June billboard top 20.. yeah I downloaded that torrent to! I think they use:

-Taylor swifts Trouble

-Like the ceiling can't hold us

-Will I Am and Justin Beiber I'm Alive

-Bruno Mars Treasure

-Justin Timberlake suite and tie

-The Other Side

-JLo live it up

After getting over the fact that it's Wizard of Oz you can start to laugh at some of the stupidity that you came to see. I love Wizard of Oz as much as the next queer, I've seen Wicked over 30 times but I do not want to see it at HHN! It's not funny or sexy which should be what Bill and Ted is all about.

well the way Hollywood Brandon made it sound does not seem as bad as I thought not that Im saying its redeemable ps I seen a video on youtube from friday night and they had the Pyro

here it is

Now here are my 2 cents now that I can put the random clips togather that I've seen thanks DTH and HB (and if by some odd chance someone sees this feel free to use my ideas dont care as long as the show is made better.

1. Drop the opening! take a hint from 2009 and change it completely Songs that would be Macklemore's "Thrift Shop", Zedd's "Clarity" hell there is a 8-bit Rock Remix by Dj Cutman of that song use that and theme it to Wreck-It Ralph have Wreck It Ralph and Penolope explain the rules then go int Calrity Dj Cutman remix and the dancers dressed as Sexy Video game character (girls: Jill Valentine, Luara Croft, Princess Peach ect. and guys; well you get the picture) thats like 100% better

2. Oz Theme good BUT drop Mr. Chow we used him twice already and the exact same jokes...I'd imagine its the same jokes again. make hiom James Franco which gives This Is The End and SpringBreakers to the arsenal, Recipe for insatnt home runs.

3. Keep Great Gatsby, Star Trek, The 3 witches as is, man of steel, the foxand the variouse random heroes (Django, Lone Ranger Wolverine GiJoe ect) but hell change things have Kick-Ass and Hitgirl defeat Miley and Robin Thick, Have Hansel and Gretel Kill the wicked witches, bust a madrin joke and have Kim Jung Un turn out to be a stoned british actor, how do they defeat him Bill and Ted Nueral handshake to control America's secret Weapon, HEISENBERG! make a joke about World War Z vs Warmbodies like DTH said and drop everything else!

end of Nerd Rant lol

It was a piece of shit show. Didn't laugh once. Not a single time. Gollum/Smeagol or whatever was the best actor, but they milked the Les Mis references too much. I hate MOST, almost all popular music now-a-days, so I disagree saying to add Get Lucky/Thrift Shop, only 'cause I fucking hate those god damn songs so fucking much, from the moment I first heard them, holy shit. But that's a personal preference. That being said, I think the only song I did like was My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark by Fall Out Boy. If there were any others, I must've not liked them very much to forget. ALL the other songs were shit, forgettable, random, and terrible. Worst show by far.

And just like my GF said, she thought the Miley Cyrus was funny, up until they blatantly called out the joke and said it was a guy.

And yeah, Dorothy actually singing was stupid. Why can't they make it sound real, but change the lyrics to something funny?

Also, I didn't know what The Fox thing was until today. It's stupid, in my opinion. Bad addition to the show and made no sense. Not funny.

They can put in popular songs, regardless of how much I personally hate them (Even though they somehow failed that this year, even though I hated all the songs they chose anyway), but when they had popular oldies. I loved that. I'm not that big of a fan of oldies as I used to be, but the fact that they used it, was amazing to me. It mixed in perfectly and it was a great addition. They didn't do that.

The whole show was terrible and not funny. I've never HATED a Bill and Ted's show. And my first one I saw was 2009's... I've had it where I didn't think it was very good, but I've never hated it. This show, I HATED. Oh my god, it was so terrible. I'm not exaggerating on any of this btw and obviously it's my own personal opinion on it.

When my girlfriend and I went the second day and finished EVERYTHING by like 10, if not earlier, I was like, "We could always waste time and watch a Bill and Ted's show" and we both just started laughing. It's not even worth it if you have 4 hours to spare. I advise avoiding it at all costs... Man, did I hate this show.

Seeing the green screen people again saddened me. The year they were first used, I thought they were hilarious. Then I saw the show again and most of their scenes were cut and I was so sad.. Then I think they brought it slightly back, but it wasn't the same. This year, pointless. Not funny. Stupid.

But the three backflips were kinda kool...

Edited by Kurseddragon

They can put in popular songs, regardless of how much I personally hate them (Even though they somehow failed that this year, even though I hated all the songs they chose anyway), but when they had popular oldies. I loved that. I'm not that big of a fan of oldies as I used to be, but the fact that they used it, was amazing to me. It mixed in perfectly and it was a great addition. They didn't do that.

The whole show was terrible and not funny. I've never HATED a Bill and Ted's show. And my first one I saw was 2009's... I've had it where I didn't think it was very good, but I've never hated it. This show, I HATED. Oh my god, it was so terrible. I'm not exaggerating on any of this btw and obviously it's my own personal opinion on it.

I dont think its just your personal opion if EVERYONE hated it lol

but you do bring up a good point at least put ONE rock song in it is Bill and Ted after all, and Orlando always finds a way to put in at lease one Rock song.

I haven't seen this year's yet, but the worst year I've seen so far was the year they had the show revolve around Land of the Lost. It seems like they are either clueless as to what movies were actually popular (Land of the Lost bombed) or they make their decisions way too early in the year.

Did they at least do Blurred Lines this year? It was a huge song and the video is perfect for either parody or emulating during the dance number.

I haven't seen this year's yet, but the worst year I've seen so far was the year they had the show revolve around Land of the Lost. It seems like they are either clueless as to what movies were actually popular (Land of the Lost bombed) or they make their decisions way too early in the year.

Did they at least do Blurred Lines this year? It was a huge song and the video is perfect for either parody or emulating during the dance number.

I believed they made fun of Robin Thick and Miley Cyrus.

Fuck that song. End of story.

Story continued, they did the VMA skit with Robin Thicke and Miley Cyrus. Though, they kinda just straight up redid it, not really made fun of it. o.o Except they used a guy as Miley and they plainly stated it, which ruined the joke.