Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure 2013 [Reveiw]

Grindhousehero13

Fuck that song. End of story.

Story continued, they did the VMA skit with Robin Thicke and Miley Cyrus. Though, they kinda just straight up redid it, not really made fun of it. o.o Except they used a guy as Miley and they plainly stated it, which ruined the joke.

look I understand its a Pop Culture show so they need to use a lot of bad pop songs and I'll admit even though it's not my forte I ebjoy the occasional pop song but I whole heartly agree with Kursed that song was sh*t even for pop standered and I would of walked out of the theater just cuz of that one song and I'd would probabaly enjoy the rest of the bad show even they changed nothing....but I digress I'm also the guy who hated the first Insidious just cuz of Darth Maul.

Spoiler:

Few Changes this week..

A tag to the finale was added!! "Do you guys want one more!?" I'm sure most people were like no thanks ready to go.. then Dorothy starts it.. then your like ughhhh no really dont want one more but it changes quickly into Lady Gaga Applause and its awesome! Amazing lighting and loaded with pyro! Still could always use more pyro like they used to have back in the day, but an improvement from last week.

Sadly you still have to sit through 30 minutes wondering why Wizard of Oz is the theme for this year..

The wizard changed from Chow to Stewie from Family Guy and instead of Justin Beiber, Brian from Family Guy pee's on the Wicked Witch to melt her and start the finale.

Stupidly instead of taking out Oz stuff they added more.. For those of you who needed more of a story, you get an awful one.. Bill and Ted now have a quest to battle or kill 4 Witches from the Magical Map.. So much talking, just strip and start dancing already!

Didn't they not have an intro in line last week? Cause they did this week with a spoof of Anchorman warning about a Sharknado. And by spoof, I mean they literally said the exact same jokes from Anchorman. However, when in the movie, Ron would say things like "Knights of Columbus that hurt.", this one would say more offensive things which I actually laughed at (Corey Monteith / Oscar Pistorius jokes). Also, I remember someone on the forums saying that they shouldn't mention that Miley Cyrus was a guy, and they took that out too. Her scene is short and sweet and got a lot of applause. In other words, they definitely listened to the forums in some spots. That being said, the story needs to improve, but the lighting was amazing.

Edit: Also, Burt Wonderstone was gone, which I heard was there last week. As mentioned, they have Applause by Lady Gaga. And I don't think they have Mr. Chow anymore. Some people said there was a lack of pyro last week and there seemed to be more this week. They also have a Harlem Shake joke at how it's not funny anymore. Which is ironic, cause jokes about how the Harlem Shake isn't funny anymore.... isn't funny anymore. Lastly, some of the jokes Dora says like "Can you break a 50?" are plagiarized directly from SNL's spoof of Dora: http://vimeo.com/36873836

Edited by JGmoney1996

Hm. Hopefully by the time i go again, it'll practically be a new show lmao

The changes so far are good, but wtf is up with the Family Guy stuff?

"Applause" is a great finale song. Still gotta get rid of some of those other songs nobody cares about though and they still need to start the show RIGHT OFF with an opening number WITH a better song too.

Spoiler:

Few Changes this week..

A tag to the finale was added!! "Do you guys want one more!?" I'm sure most people were like no thanks ready to go.. then Dorothy starts it.. then your like ughhhh no really dont want one more but it changes quickly into Lady Gaga Applause and its awesome! Amazing lighting and loaded with pyro! Still could always use more pyro like they used to have back in the day, but an improvement from last week.

Sadly you still have to sit through 30 minutes wondering why Wizard of Oz is the theme for this year..

The wizard changed from Chow to Stewie from Family Guy and instead of Justin Beiber, Brian from Family Guy pee's on the Wicked Witch to melt her and start the finale.

Stupidly instead of taking out Oz stuff they added more.. For those of you who needed more of a story, you get an awful one.. Bill and Ted now have a quest to battle or kill 4 Witches from the Magical Map.. So much talking, just strip and start dancing already!

Funny how I said they should get rid of Mr. Chow and Burt Wonderstone and they did and they should add Lady Gaga and they did! now all they need to do is get rid of Pitbull and Will I AM and to be honest Im good replace them with Get Lucky and Clarity and that would be awesome! More Pyro Awesome! Lady Gaga Awesome! Stewie and Brian? Awesome! I know its kinda old but like last year I did enjoy Herbert being added so this is a nice surprise.

Funny how I said they should get rid of Mr. Chow and Burt Wonderstone and they did and they should add Lady Gaga and they did! now all they need to do is get rid of Pitbull and Will I AM and to be honest Im good replace them with Get Lucky and Clarity and that would be awesome! More Pyro Awesome! Lady Gaga Awesome! Stewie and Brian? Awesome! I know its kinda old but like last year I did enjoy Herbert being added so this is a nice surprise.

They're nice changes, but they're not making the show even slightly good...

and I just realized something....if the great Gatsby segment is as awesome as everyone is saying why isnt that the opening?

Idk if it'd work as opening either. I haven't seen the movie, but I heard what kind of music they put in it, and I assume it's the same that they used for this scene. I hated the music, totally ruined the scene for me. It'd be a pretty random opening, but it was a pretty random scene as it was. It didn't make any sense to me. I didn't pay that much attention to the show by that point, though.

It would actually be a very good opening. And it would service three things: give it a proper fun intro, get rid of the bad opening, and take out a random scene in the middle thrown in for no reason.

The song is "a little party never killed nobody." Fergie sings it but there's a few other associated acts. It fits the idea of what the show represents (fun) and the sequence itself is fun. My only wish after that is somehow segue into the show after that decently and maybe make it a bit sexier.

It would actually be a very good opening. And it would service three things: give it a proper fun intro, get rid of the bad opening, and take out a random scene in the middle thrown in for no reason.

The song is "a little party never killed nobody." Fergie sings it but there's a few other associated acts. It fits the idea of what the show represents (fun) and the sequence itself is fun. My only wish after that is somehow segue into the show after that decently and maybe make it a bit sexier.

I guess it could work. And yeah, there's a lot of clothes for there to be a couch in it... I mean, a couch...

Just watched the show online and honestly the show still has it problems majority with 3 music choices (Will.I.Am, Pitbull, and Take your shirt) and the lack of this the end refrences (there is one Gandolf comes back from smoking with james Franco and quotes the line about the gandolf pipe from Seth Rogan) But honestly its not 2012 but its way better then last week Love Stewie and Brian's part and the Lady Gaga ending still think they need to drop those 2 songs and change the opening but for the most good improvements

What about the boring singing Oz scenes? Like... completely pointless. There's 2 or 3 of them and it only services ONE joke that's only KINDA funny.

oh yeah dont get me wrong most of those are bad it would be better to have Dorthey get shut up by something different everytimes she begins to sing like how the wicked witch cooch punched her

Sadly this is the worst Bill and Ted to date. Worse than 2009.. It felt like I was watching The Hanging.

Opening week is always pretty rough but it was never that bad. Doubt it can be saved as they'd have to rewrite the entire thing. The dumbest thing was to base it off Wizard of Oz, it's not funny or sexy which is the reason to watch Bill and Ted. Also the reoccurring villains were terrible choices I don't even remember who they were supposed to be, a mad Asian man?

Only scene I remembered that was fun was Gatsby.

I tried to black out half way through, so I could be wrong but I don't think the finale had pyro just fire. Ends with JLo Live it Up.

Can't wait to see the changes next week.

The sad thing about this Bill and Ted was that the speculative suggestion that were posted on the forum were actually much more creative than what they are doing this year. I recall some people believing that this year show would have parodied The Purge( would have made a lot of sense since The Purge is a scare zone this year) and This Is The End.

Edited by AbnormalVitality

Alright, after seeing the show online, I can say that I think everyone overreacted way too much with their reviews of this. Last year was such a great show for Hollywood, that I think everyone is now spoiled. You have to remember that this show relies on what happens during the pop culture year, and this year was a really slow one in terms of events, music, movies, and TV. This is not Universal's fault.. I think they did a great job with what they had to work with. The whole Sharknado taking them to Oz storyline was brilliant. Paula Deen as the Wicked Witch of the South? Brilliant. Stewie as the wizard? Great twist. The munchkinland opening dance with half naked munchkin ladies? I enjoyed it. Now, I will agree that some things were a little odd.. who was the villain supposed to be? Was it Kim Jong or the witch? Also, why are Michael Jackson and Dora in there? Clearly they were trying to add things to fill in time, which once again, isnt their fault. Overall, it was a good show I thought. Not anywhere near last year's but nowhere near as bad as everyone is saying it is.

Also, would it kill Hollywood to get into the show a little bit? It was so quiet in that theater at times that I forgot there's even a crowd. This never happens in Orlando, where everyone is going nuts from the second they enter Fear Factor to the second the show ends.

Also, would it kill Hollywood to get into the show a little bit? It was so quiet in that theater at times that I forgot there's even a crowd. This never happens in Orlando, where everyone is going nuts from the second they enter Fear Factor to the second the show ends.

They usually do, but the show sucked.

They usually do, but the show sucked.

That doesnt matter at all. 2011 was not a good show by the usual standards out in Orlando but I still remember a very loud crowd.

Ah, ok. Understood. I suggest you give it a second chance.

That doesnt matter at all. 2011 was not a good show by the usual standards out in Orlando but I still remember a very loud crowd.

Kinda matters...

When the crowd isn't gonna just yell and scream for the hell of it, the show needs to make it happen.

The show sucked all around. The beginning sucked, automatic loss of motivation for the crowd. Jokes were repeated, things weren't funny, dance numbers and music were terrible. The crowd couldn't and wouldn't get into it.

Kinda matters...

When the crowd isn't gonna just yell and scream for the hell of it, the show needs to make it happen.

The show sucked all around. The beginning sucked, automatic loss of motivation for the crowd. Jokes were repeated, things weren't funny, dance numbers and music were terrible. The crowd couldn't and wouldn't get into it.

Maybe it's the alcohol, but I think alot has to do with the traditional aspect of Bill and Ted on the other coast. People already know to just go nuts when they walk in and sit down. That doesn't seem to be the case in California.

Alright, after seeing the show online, I can say that I think everyone overreacted way too much with their reviews of this. Last year was such a great show for Hollywood, that I think everyone is now spoiled. You have to remember that this show relies on what happens during the pop culture year, and this year was a really slow one in terms of events, music, movies, and TV. This is not Universal's fault.. I think they did a great job with what they had to work with. The whole Sharknado taking them to Oz storyline was brilliant. Paula Deen as the Wicked Witch of the South? Brilliant. Stewie as the wizard? Great twist. The munchkinland opening dance with half naked munchkin ladies? I enjoyed it. Now, I will agree that some things were a little odd.. who was the villain supposed to be? Was it Kim Jong or the witch? Also, why are Michael Jackson and Dora in there? Clearly they were trying to add things to fill in time, which once again, isnt their fault. Overall, it was a good show I thought. Not anywhere near last year's but nowhere near as bad as everyone is saying it is.

yeah I agree my only major problems with the show was 3 music selections and Mr. Chow being super overused even Justin Bieber it were the same jokes "Swag (2012), I'm up past my bed time (2010)" and him getting molested....plus I dont think his and Will.I.Am's song should of been used. but other then that the Stewie Version of the show is pretty good not the best by any means but its not Hanging bad.