HHN Hollywood 2013 Event Discussion

Exactly. The Hanging had to change like 50 percent of their show once, mid-run, because New Line cease and desisted Freddy - who was the freakin main star of the show. And they didn't simply replace him with someone else, they just made it work in a new way.

God, Universal has pissed me off with this one.

I bet Murdy is laughing his way to the bank! "Fiinaallyyy, the Castle theater will be miiiiiiiine!" And it better be the best damn maze ever!

To save LGBT face he should bring back Clive Barker to do an original maze in the castle theater. Or do AHS with a lot of Zachary Quinto in the advertising. Throw in a John Waters 3D maze while we are at it. Alucarda maybe?

But really, it is weird that they just pulled the entire show. I wonder if we'll find out why.

Edited by ferox

With this whole debacle, I'm reminded of several things. Both the Hanging at Knott's and B&T in Orlando have had moments which came under fire from various people, however they simple rolled with the punches and changed things up. Sometimes they even poked fun at the situation that came up, like a good parody/satire show should do.

Hollywood closing their B&T comes off as a very inexperienced move, it's one thing to have certain elements changed...but you never want to give anyone the idea that if they complain loud enough, that they can close a whole show for the rest of the season. Knott's and Orlando don't do that, and their shows are still kicking. Hollywood on the other hand...keep it up and they might have some trouble making an annual show for the event.

I agree 100% and I hope they just shut it down this year or for the weekend with wishfull thinking.

Not to have the B&T conversation leak too much onto here, Murdy said Sinister was happening. But then he qualified it by saying that he meant Sinister 2, the movie is coming out next March. With Insidious doing so well it Sinister seems likely.

It's also one of the few modern horror movies my horror geek friends have really loved so...

Looks like Mr. HHN may finally get his wish to hear Marilyn Manson in a maze.

As I said before this means the other mazes will be less risky since TrT has very low awareness compared to the recent properties used at HHN. It will also be interesting to see what this means for El Cucuy...I mean you can't have that many pumpkins in one event...right?

• Like 1