HHN Hollywood 2013 Event Discussion

Before you guys get too excited over Trick r Treat possibly coming, just think about Evil Dead and how disappointed we were with it. I think the property has a lot of potential to wow, but I also think it has a lot of potential to disappoint. All I can visualize is black walls and reused props being everywhere.

I doubt TRT is going to come next year. The earliest the film will come out is most likely sometime 2015 in October

Still though it's pretty awesome....

and looks like we might end up with another Scream unless MD has more say in the rights since WB shelfed it... since this movie is supposably gonna be released under Legendary and Universal's new partnership

I wouldn't mind Cucuy's return. Honestly, the weakest part is the movie theater scene, so i'd chop it out. The birthday party and the lair are freakin awesome. I think the whole maze was backwards. It should've started in the lair (imagine the entry as the facade) and then we follow Cucuy's path as he goes down into the city and wreak havoc. After the birthday party, have some big crazy finale with Cucuy shapeshifting. Maybe it could be the theater, but with him bigger and the scene with more chaos. Or ending in the sewers. Or another realm, like "under the bed/in the closet" world. It just needs the La Llorona '12 treatment.

Too bad we'll never see it. It had so much damn potential.

Edited by DTH316

I'd also like to add that this means that not only are more people going to HHN this year, but more people are enjoying HHN more than ever. More people are buying tickets and people are enjoying it more. Whatever you want to say about this year, you cannot say that they aren't going upward with how they judge success. Which is ticket sales and how happy people are when they are in the park.

Yeah, El Cucuy got a raw deal. It's an original maze all the way at the front of the park with three huge IPs next to each other. Still my favorite maze of the event as of my last visit.

• Like 1

I'd also like to add that this means that not only are more people going to HHN this year, but more people are enjoying HHN more than ever. More people are buying tickets and people are enjoying it more. Whatever you want to say about this year, you cannot say that they aren't going upward with how they judge success. Which is ticket sales and how happy people are when they are in the park.

Yeah, El Cucuy got a raw deal. It's an original maze all the way at the front of the park with three huge IPs next to each other. Still my favorite maze of the event as of my last visit.

Well, I don't know about the whole success part. They may have more ticket sales, but does that mean they sold as much as they had hoped? The first half of the event's run didn't sell out, which is, I'm sure what they were hoping for. Wouldn't you expect that if you added capacity and marketed the Walking Dead?

You also need to remember that the first night HHN went in without Bill and Ted, they were sold out, but everyone I knew who went that night said that the park was fairly empty. People probably bought their tix and then decided it to go after the whole Bill and Ted fiasco. Think if all Thd profits they missed out on.

I'm sure they sold as much as they hoped. They only added two extra days, they surpassed last year (surpassed being the keyword, which means more than) and there's an additional THREE days left, one of which is already sold out. I don't think B&T had much effect on people getting refunds or anything. Sure capacity went down, but seeing as they already surpassed sales already, I guess it doesn't matter since they've already beat themselves. 10 percent above the year prior may not seem like a lot, but in business its a crapload. I don't think anyone would realistically expect 25 percent and more,.

Making more money than before and having people enjoy the product more than before is kinda the definition of success. Funny how we complain about how they refuse to spread out the crowds and then see it as a sign of failure when they do and find a way to do it where they end up making more money. Upping the capacity means that you can not sell out and still sell more tickets.

Making more money with happier fans is a success. That kind of growth is what businesses strive for.

Edited by ferox

Exactly. Although ticket prices are getting to be way too much for what they offer, I don't know how much longer ppl will be happy with the quality if it keeps decreasing. I mean, its not THAT bad and its still miles better than everything else. But I think even the with slow steady decrease in quality, the point where people are dissatisfied with ticket price matching the content will be 2-3 years from now, and there's so much time to adjust between now and than.

• Like 1