HHN Hollywood 2013 Event Discussion

I totally have to disagree with you. Have you seen one of his music videos? Marilyn Manson honestly has more potential and would be way scarier than Black Sabbath or Alice Cooper.

Marilyn Manson has very little chance of ever being at the event.

Murdy said Black Sabbath was scarier than the AC trilogy ender he had planned. If that's the case, considering BS is the least scary maze we've ever had, I REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY don't wanna know how crappy AC3 is.
If AC has a final maze it will be nothing like WTMN, GTH, or BS so we shouldn't be judgeing a maze that no one (besides Murdy and Cooper) knows the concept to.

If AC has a final maze it will be nothing like WTMN, GTH, or BS so we shouldn't be judgeing a maze that no one (besides Murdy and Cooper) knows the concept to.

To be fair he didn't say he knew what it was. He said if Murdy said that the Black Sabbath concept was scarier he doesn't want to see the third Alice Cooper since he didn't (and many others) find Black Sabbath scary.

Actually, I would like to see a KISS maze where you go through the realms of the KISS characters, then the Psycho Circus and then the city of Detroit in ruins as the Four-Wh

o-Are-One have gone mad with power... KISS: A World Without Heroes... lol

kiss-band.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I went back to the event for the third time last night. I went a second time, but didn't have time to report on it.

Night two: Went through all the mazes twice but did Walking Dead and Black Sabbath once. Finally got see Specs and Tucker and get that Spectral Sightings card! :) I also liked Insidious a bit more and disliked Black Sabbath a bit more. The improvements they made to Bill and Ted were pretty good, but I still prefer 2012's show as the best.

Last night: Oh boy I had an interesting time last night. I'll get to what made last night so special in a minute, but first, I got there a little late since I got off of work around 6:50. I got into the park around an hour after that. I ended up skipping Insidious and Bill and Ted because the lines were getting a little long and I was getting tired. I was able to enjoy a chili burger, fries, and a sipper cup refill of Coke while enjoying the atmosphere. I also got to have a big Simpsons donut (Which was VERY good) and meet up with a few of my more fanatical friends of HHN.

Okay, now to the interesting part. As I was going up the escalator to hit El Cucuy, this really clumsy and irritated dude started tripping on the escalator and proceed to slam the side wall out of anger. It was becoming very clear this fine gentleman has blown his mind on drugs. He hobbled past the snack stand, GRABBED one of the cotton candies, and angrily stormed along with it. I was right behind him, and the snack person just looked at him, not saying a word. He ripped off the plastic and began throwing pieces of it at the guests yelling, "FREE POPCORN!" As there was cotton candy all over the escalator, I got a video of him briefly (I'll post it when I can), and started talking on his phone. He was asking his friend if he wanted to die or something like that. He saw me filming and started talking to me. "Hey, want me to show you around the world? I'll do so by throwing you off this bridge." He grabbed the hand my iPod was holding and tried to drag me like he wanted to throw me off. Very strange encounter indeed.

But it doesn't stop there. He got a little ahead of me and started screaming at everyone while on the phone. He then grabbed a guy going down the escalator by the shirt and screamed at him, "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE TONIGHT!" The really high guy then fell over with his feet up in the air. The victim yelled, "Hey! You tore my shirt!" That's when everyone on the escalator looked at him. He continued to stomp off into the fog and everyone, including me, reported him. I hope he got arrested.

Another thing I want to mention is that the cimichangas aren't half as good as they used to be. It used to be filled with good beef and beans, but now is sucks! It's filled with chicken and rice; something you'd find in a grocery store frozen meal! I hope they change that. That makes me sad considering that it's one of my favorite theme park/haunt event foods. Hopefully I can go one last time on closing night or the night before....hopefully both. I want to try those nachos by the Catina restaurant.

THEORY TIME.

Murdy is giving some credence to the idea of doing another Halloween maze. Maybe if TWD isn't going to return or at least is going to return in lesser form, he's thinking of going back to Halloween since it would need a huge property to fill the huge IP void. Or, TWD is coming back because it's clearly the most popular thing in horror and new season etc. etc. worked out well this year and he's adding in Halloween to draw in people who maybe aren't as excited for another year of TWD.

Before you doubt that there could be three years of the most popular TV show in the world, remember that before they went with Black Sabbath he had a concept for the third year of Alice Cooper. No Safe Haven is clearly the most popular maze this year, Goes to Hell wasn't last year. The Walking Dead is at the peak of it's popularity now, and even as a Cooper fan I can't say that about him now. No Safe Haven's lines are sometimes a full hour longer than the second most popular maze this year...so if they repeat it I can't blame them. And it it's as good as No Safe Haven was this year, I can't rightly complain.

I think the best thing to do with TWD is Orlando-it with scarezones, sometimes elaborate ones, and then let everything else in the park be. If AMC funds TWD everything, this would actually benefit our zones quite a bit. Basically just turn the entire park into a giant TT, but lending the experience over to the park. After 2 years of infestation, the Walkers have now gone "global" or to just keep it more true, "throughout the park." Universal Security attacking us at the entrance. Walkers in NY, London, France. And then a "flushing" of walkers in the lower lot - more Universal security basically taking all the executed walkers and throwing them into pits (imagine a giant PILE of dead walkers atop of the Mummy building as you go down the escalators). This all leads to the backlot, Woodbury, where the Governor is in control and has divided himself from Universal since they've been infested. The town would be celebrating Halloween where the locals have created 2 original mazes for their own entertainment, often with "walkers bursting through the scenes to disrupt things and attack the scareactors and guests."

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 2

Well, I went back to the event for the third time last night. I went a second time, but didn't have time to report on it.

Night two: Went through all the mazes twice but did Walking Dead and Black Sabbath once. Finally got see Specs and Tucker and get that Spectral Sightings card! :) I also liked Insidious a bit more and disliked Black Sabbath a bit more. The improvements they made to Bill and Ted were pretty good, but I still prefer 2012's show as the best.

Last night: Oh boy I had an interesting time last night. I'll get to what made last night so special in a minute, but first, I got there a little late since I got off of work around 6:50. I got into the park around an hour after that. I ended up skipping Insidious and Bill and Ted because the lines were getting a little long and I was getting tired. I was able to enjoy a chili burger, fries, and a sipper cup refill of Coke while enjoying the atmosphere. I also got to have a big Simpsons donut (Which was VERY good) and meet up with a few of my more fanatical friends of HHN.

Okay, now to the interesting part. As I was going up the escalator to hit El Cucuy, this really clumsy and irritated dude started tripping on the escalator and proceed to slam the side wall out of anger. It was becoming very clear this fine gentleman has blown his mind on drugs. He hobbled past the snack stand, GRABBED one of the cotton candies, and angrily stormed along with it. I was right behind him, and the snack person just looked at him, not saying a word. He ripped off the plastic and began throwing pieces of it at the guests yelling, "FREE POPCORN!" As there was cotton candy all over the escalator, I got a video of him briefly (I'll post it when I can), and started talking on his phone. He was asking his friend if he wanted to die or something like that. He saw me filming and started talking to me. "Hey, want me to show you around the world? I'll do so by throwing you off this bridge." He grabbed the hand my iPod was holding and tried to drag me like he wanted to throw me off. Very strange encounter indeed.

But it doesn't stop there. He got a little ahead of me and started screaming at everyone while on the phone. He then grabbed a guy going down the escalator by the shirt and screamed at him, "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE TONIGHT!" The really high guy then fell over with his feet up in the air. The victim yelled, "Hey! You tore my shirt!" That's when everyone on the escalator looked at him. He continued to stomp off into the fog and everyone, including me, reported him. I hope he got arrested.

Another thing I want to mention is that the cimichangas aren't half as good as they used to be. It used to be filled with good beef and beans, but now is sucks! It's filled with chicken and rice; something you'd find in a grocery store frozen meal! I hope they change that. That makes me sad considering that it's one of my favorite theme park/haunt event foods. Hopefully I can go one last time on closing night or the night before....hopefully both. I want to try those nachos by the Catina restaurant.

it it obvious that guy read from the book of the dead!

yes just as long as it's the current year's sipper.

• Like 1

I can't believe I've gone multiple times for the last two years and didn't know that...

Oh yeah. I've done this every year since I've discovered this in 2011. It doesn't matter what year it is, you can bring one. Heck, you can bring it during the day at Universal! I've done this virtually every time I visited the park.

Ask and you shall receive:

• Like 2