HHN Hollywood 2013 Event Discussion

Evil Dead's dummies did ruin Evil Dead. I really can't get over it. It is by far the fakest looking maze HHN has ever done. Its Knotts level nonsense and HHN has always been better than that. The worst part about is there's no scares in those rooms, so it can't even be justified as a distraction (at least from the time I went through, I hope new scares will be added when I go again next week).

And the scene with the dummies in Insidious ruins that room. But luckily that room has a scare and a scareactor with a shitload of energy to throw his scares across a table. The further dummies are fine. That part makes sense.

but did it ruin the whole event for you? do you want Murdy's badge and gun first thing the morning of November 3?

I hate to burst you're guy's bubble but Bill and Ted is actualy doing pretty well with the GP right now.

I was gonna wait till after I went to say this but I just wanna address this because to be honest most of us seem EXTREAMLY jaded since the event has started, Im not gonna point fingers since I'm not trying to start anything I just wanna point out some things that is kinda get old now......in the words of the Joker protrayed by Heath Ledger....."and here...we... GO!"

Really guy? you don't think Bill and Ted was on par this year they should fire Murdy? Look Murdy does a lot for the Fans HHN itself does a lot for the fans more so than knott's does where is you gotta admit knott's just looks for new ways to take our buck with littler effort to make it worth said buck. You want an exmaple? EVIL DEAD! Murdy had suck up his pride to land that after last year's fiasco with Sony, and does anyone else find it funny that the maze where the property is owned by sony which normaly teams up with Knotts had the most static manicans and animatronics that are normaly a big trait of Knotts? Murdy was obviousily pist at what Sony did behind his back and ultimatly he won, cuz of all the problems the Log Ride Evil Dead maze had, it kinda broke Knott's deal with Sony and yet we bitched and moaned because we wanted Evil Dead then we get it and we sh*t all over it cuz there isn't a real girl being elevated getting the Hentai treatment. I get it I don't like static figures either but did that ruin the WHOLE maze? To be honest this year seems to be a really good year nothing compaired to last year or 09 but it's holding its own and changed things up a lot to be honest it just seems cuz a lot of the mazes this year came out of left feild rather than our desires that we are subconsciously damned this year from the gate which do be honest we did. We do it every year but usualy something on our wish list is there to soften the blow which sould of been Evil Dead but since we don't like static figures it did no such thing so we must hang Murdy!

Look as far as B&T it was not THAT bad this year guys come on I'll admit from the video it seems like the worst since Hollywood started writing it's own show in '10 but by far this isnt the worst show we ever had, and come on if you truely don't like Bill & Ted...Don't watch it, just cuz the take out the show does not mean they are gonna put a maze in there. if one bad year dictated what gets canned then HHN should of got the boot after 2010. Noiw Murdy not addressing Bill and Ted has more to do with him saying Year after Year that he has no say in it all he does is say "ok guys start planing Bill and Ted", after that its all up to the B&T crew to write produce and put the show togather. The only real reason I see him hating it is because of what happened to RHPS Tribute. Other then that no other show was really done in by surveys, SlaughterWorld was too loud for night time opperations and Chucky well we all know how that went -__-.

I think I'm gonna do an overveiw of this year when I do my reveiw but for now rant is over lol.

I thought Evil Dead was the best maze! But i really wish Bill and Ted can be replaced

Well hey, i never said any of that lol

Although ruining ED does call for some scrutiny.

I honestly don't care who runs the event as long as we progress. It could be with Murdy or without him. I'd prefer it to be with him but maybe I'm just a loyalist like that. Also we're bound to have some off years, its only natural.

New doesn't always equal better, but repetition is getting annoying.

Actually, I don't know if we will get RE. I might be mistaken, but I think I heard Murdy say that Silent Hill wasn't rated very high on the surveys (Correct me if I'm wrong). IF that's the case, then I think he might use that as an excuse to not do it. I just feel like he's not into doing video game based mazes. But we'll see.

I think he has a LOT more control over the event than you might think. I think he might have been told how much the budget was and to do a hispanic-based maze and that's it. I heard that Murdy HATES the shows, especially Bill and Ted, which would explain why we didn't get any despite all of the crowd control rumors. Like you mentioned with him not addressing B & T, that might give some credibility to that rumor. I wouldn't be surprised if Murdy used the weak Bill and Ted as an excuse to get rid of it. "Bill and Ted wasn't rated very highly in the surveys so we got rid of it". That's what happened to all of the other shows, except Chucky.

And I agree about the budget. I'd rather have an AWESOME house with a weak facade as opposed to the opposite (Black Sabbath, I'm pointing at you. "OOOOOHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO!!!!")

Silent Hill WAS my least favorite house last year.....But Resident Evil is a WWWWAAAAYYYY bigger franchise. They have several video games and movies that are way more successful than Silent Hill.

Im sure he has a lot of control over the event but there are people he has to listen to...i mean whos choice is it to have Walking Dead and Evil Dead at BOTH parks? Im sure its not a mutual agreement between him and the Orlando creative director.

Murdy said Silent Hill was well received and has said that he would consider more video games.

I think no matter how positive or negative the rating was he's gonna say it was well received. It was always in the bottom 3 in terms of ratings last year. Even though that was the case, I hope we still do see Dead Space, Bioshock or Resident evil some day.

• Like 1

I think the only negative thing Murdy did say was about the La Llarona "scarezone" that was on the terror tram in 2010. Now the Maze was one of the best mazes ive been to at HHN

But i am pretty positive that Resident Evil will be there next year. I HIGHLY doubt Bioshock or Deadspace.

...........but a Castlevania maze would totally work in the House of Horrors overlay

Edited by Doctor Jeffula

Yeah, Bill and Ted is pretty popular. Can't deny that.

my point.

But it is very populer with guest and people have even liked this year's show to be honest whats gonna replace it? what replaced the magic show? what replaced Slaughter World? Nothing if you do go to Bill and Ted anyways all its gonna do is create longer wait times.

Idk guys after going to knotts yesterday it taught me to appreciate HHN way more. I think the event has its flaws but at the same time it's still awesome :D idk I think a lot of us have way to high of expectations. I wouldn't like murdy to leave because he's such a good person who actually cares about his fans and gives them his attention, hell for all we know he may be reading all of this stuff. If he does decide to retire then I'd be really sad but I doubt he will this year because It just feels like if murdy were to leave he'd go out with a bang and make sure that he creates the best event he possibly could! So I'm feeling he'll be around for another year

Nope...

we wont get a 7th at least until Harry Potter Town is done.

I agree with this. I would go as far as to say as long as the Terror Tram stays, we will never have a seventh maze. Having both a seventh house and the Terror Tram would be too much to do for the guests and too much for the budget. The reason why Florida can do eight legitamite houses is because they have a larger park and premium prices. Look at our event. We only have five real houses and were complaining about the decreasing quality in them and the event overall. Our size and ticket prices can't really allow for an Orlando-sized event.

Before Hollywood even dreams of doing a seventh maze, they need to change things up and up their game for the existing amount they have. If you're going to raise the prices, let us see the huge fruit of the price we pay. Stop having every scare with a flashing light, have some new scare tactics, scrap most of your old props and make new ones, no black walls, and quit making 3D mazes. Dont even get me started on the scarezones, the front gate, the lack of shows and the Terror Tram. There's a looooooooot of things that are in dire need of improvement.

I have decided that next year, I will not go out of my way to buy the Killer Deal pass. I do not feel like it was worth The money or the stress to buy that as I barely made it for two night. I don't even know for sure if I'll make it for closing night or even the night before.

• Like 2

In that case: we are sure gonna see more complaints in the future concerning crowds, repeated Terror Tram routes, and lack of additional show.

to be honest we are the only people on this earth who complains about those two things.

I'm hoping he stays cuz he does a lot of favortisim to the fans and has really become this rockstar of the event who know if his replacement would have his charisma. I still feel that the lack of discount nights and the last minute discounts like "Walker appreciation"? and Domino's Pizza cupons were to thin the GP out I mean come on? Walker Appreciation Day? that's a load of sh*t they're peddlin haha. But like you said are expectations were extreamly high and we have kinda been jaded this year.

What about the possibility of a 7 or 8 maze venue? Will this happen in the next few years of HHN?

The Park does not have alot of room to work with....i wish we can get more mazes because orlando has a few more but they just have to find a space they can take up for a few months out of the year and there are not many spaces to do that. They are lucky they found a spot in the backlot because if they couldnt get it then HHN wouldve been screwed

The Park does not have alot of room to work with....i wish we can get more mazes because orlando has a few more but they just have to find a space they can take up for a few months out of the year and there are not many spaces to do that. They are lucky they found a spot in the backlot because if they couldnt get it then HHN wouldve been screwed

I'm not saying this year sucks. (Except the show really did suck. Not the worst show in the entire world, but it wasn't funny in the least). But I can't even pick a favourite. And not because "They're all so good I can't choose :D" more like, because none of them were outstanding. They were kool mazes, but nothing beyond belief. I want Murdy to stay, he's so personal with it, but I do believe he needs to start opening up to new ideas and less advertising.

I don't mind reused props too much 'cause it saves money, and asking for all new sets is asking for less than Knott's mazes (budget quality-wise).

I don't know, really. But this year's not the greatest; doesn't mean it sucks.

Walking Dead broke records again this year with the season premier and the lines for No Safe Haven are constantly the longest. Well, I can see where this is going....but maybe not.

yeah I thought the same thing but god damn it If I did'nt think

The Rain Of Walkers

would'nt be so damn cool and a good excuse to finally use the bungee Scare. My heart is torn apart after just one episode oh lord.

• Like 1

I agree with this. I would go as far as to say as long as the Terror Tram stays, we will never have a seventh maze. Having both a seventh house and the Terror Tram would be too much to do for the guests and too much for the budget. The reason why Florida can do eight legitamite houses is because they have a larger park and premium prices. Look at our event. We only have five real houses and were complaining about the decreasing quality in them and the event overall. Our size and ticket prices can't really allow for an Orlando-sized event.

Before Hollywood even dreams of doing a seventh maze, they need to change things up and up their game for the existing amount they have. If you're going to raise the prices, let us see the huge fruit of the price we pay. Stop having every scare with a flashing light, have some new scare tactics, scrap most of your old props and make new ones, no black walls, and quit making 3D mazes. Dont even get me started on the scarezones, the front gate, the lack of shows and the Terror Tram. There's a looooooooot of things that are in dire need of improvement.

I have decided that next year, I will not go out of my way to buy the Killer Deal pass. I do not feel like it was worth Thd money or the stres to buy that as I barely made it for two night. I don't even know for site if I'll make it for closing night or even the night before.

Yeah i dont think we will be getting the FOL next year either. We got it so we can go on whatever we want when we want without a line but shoot the tickets for those gone up $40 per ticket.......if we spent the money we did this year on last year i could have got another FOL for someone else. AAAANNNNNNDDDDD Its only good for ONE time.....which ticks me off...in 2010 when we first got it, it was multiple times but nope not since 2011 which its some bull.

I told the GF that next year we have to suck it up and wait in line unless FOL is unlimited or there are more perks because the price of those were absolutely ridiculous this year.

I have the same feeling....the only thing that was better than last year was the scarezones but maze wise there wasnt anything i would give an A to, it just wasnt as good as last years.

Its the hottest thing in Horror right now, if it repeats i wouldnt be suprised but i wish it wouldnt