HHN Hollywood 2013 Event Discussion

Some people have nothing better to do than be outraged over something. Either for their own minority (Gay, black, hispanic....) Or white knighting for all the poor downtrodden minorities. In any case people need to just sack up and thicker skin. I'm a gay man and I didn't find it offensive. Given I didn't find much of it terribly clever (I did like the Les Miserables joke I saw opening weekend that sadly got cut). These so called bloggers have no identity of their own so they latch on to their (sexuality in this case) as the only thing that definies them. I've mentioned before that I'm gay but personally that is such a small part of my persona. Even posting here with you lot has more to do with me as a person than the fact my significiant other is a dude.

Can't we just all get along and watch the silly jokes and the fabulous dance sequences? (i'll miss you Macklemore guy with the jacked up teeth)

• Like 3

Some people have nothing better to do than be outraged over something. Either for their own minority (Gay, black, hispanic....) Or white knighting for all the poor downtrodden minorities. In any case people need to just sack up and thicker skin. I'm a gay man and I didn't find it offensive. Given I didn't find much of it terribly clever (I did like the Les Miserables joke I saw opening weekend that sadly got cut). These so called bloggers have no identity of their own so they latch on to their (sexuality in this case) as the only thing that definies them. I've mentioned before that I'm gay but personally that is such a small part of my persona. Even posting here with you lot has more to do with me as a person than the fact my significiant other is a dude.

Beautifully put! As a fan of HHN thank you!

Bill and Ted being canceled for this stupid reason is lame. Universal was fine with the shows content for the past month. I think it is very weak of Universal to give into D list media outlets. I am attending again tomorrow night and the lines are going to beyond horrible with Terror Tram closing early and no Bill and Ted (let’s face it, that show had a higher hourly capacity than any maze). Anyone think that Universal will give refunds to unused tickets? Without a front of a line ticket it is pointless.

• Like 1

what's sad is that if they gave in on this I can see the future

There are half naked girls dancing at the front......Universal Is Sexist......Cut Go-Go Dancers

there are scary decoration in the park in the day time...Universal is not Family Friendly....cut Scarezones

a maze based on Mexican Folklore? what about Aferican folklore?.....Universal is Racist...cut original mazes

the mazes glorifys Seriel Killers........Universal advocates Violence.......Cut mazes based on movie killers

Halloween worships satan.......Universal Is Satanic.....cut HHN once again

• Like 1

what's sad is that if they gave in on this I can see the future

There are half naked girls dancing at the front......Universal Is Sexist......Cut Go-Go Dancers

there are scary decoration in the park in the day time...Universal is not Family Friendly....cut Scarezones

a maze based on Mexican Folklore? what about Aferican folklore?.....Universal is Racist...cut original mazes

the mazes glorifys Seriel Killers........Universal advocates Violence.......Cut mazes based on movie killers

Halloween worships satan.......Universal Is Satanic.....cut HHN once again

Thou shall not commit logical fallacies.

FallaciesPosterHigherRes.jpg

• Like 4

Exactly. Where should it stop? There should be no boundaries other than the unspoken ones. They've been doing this for years; The Hanging has way more offensive jokes. Re-write the show, fine. Cutting the show? You're a bunch of spineless pushovers, Universal.

• Like 2

The show ... must... go on.

They could've cut some stuff, smoothed out some transitions, and made a PG family friendly version that's only 15 minutes long -- give us a show!

Guys, I'm an actor and a writer. This happens all the time in plays (not under these circumstances) but I promise you its doable.

The night BEFORE a show opened, me and 5 of the MAIN cast members got in a horrible car accident. At the end of the show, there was a BIG fight scene. Some of us were supposed to still be wearing neck braces, so we had to change that entire 5 minutes completely maybe 3 hours before the show were to go on. We did it, and it looked natural to the audience. It is our job as actors to adjust and figure it out under what seems like impossible circumstances in short amounts of time. If the writers and actors can't hack it, they need to get out of the biz (judgment of their ability we'll save for another time). But it can, and has, been done thousands of times before.

Universal is just taking the easy way out and not even charging less for it.

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

Murdy liked an article written critical of the show's sense of "humor." Maybe he is just tired of his event being the home of lazy racial, gay, and rape jokes.

I mean it's Hollywood Horror Nights, not Hollywood Homosexual Stereotypes Night.

Murdy liked an article written critical of the show's sense of "humor." Maybe he is just tired of his event being the home of lazy racial, gay, and rape jokes.

I mean it's Hollywood Horror Nights, not Hollywood Homosexual Stereotypes Night.

How many times are you going to say this? lol we get it, you don't like the show! X)

• Like 1

Thou shall not commit logical fallacies.

FallaciesPosterHigherRes.jpg

Don't forget the logical fallacy where someone produces "faux research" containing a bunch of garbled cynicism and tries to pass it off as scientific fact....Oh brother!

Edited by AsylumSB

How many times are you going to say this? lol we get it, you don't like the show! X)

Probably as long as the topic is Bill and Ted. Also, I think that's the first time I mentioned what Murdy's response has been.

Did you just lol and make a laughing face at your own comment?

Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

I was going to go on closing night, but after this poor decision of Universal to continue to cheat me out of my KD pass, I'm DONE for the year. I was even going to go again tomorrow!

What a poor, crass way to cheat the people out of their money who had bought their tickets in advance. Now they'll be greet with horrific lines and no shows. Way to go HHN. We've demanded at least one more show for years and you give us none.

• Like 3

If i would've known the show would stop literally the DAY my friends are going, i would've picked an earlier week. Its always the highlight of our night, even when it sucks. I'm still rather peeved about this and am hoping there's some last second miracle. There has to be some type of contingency, no?

• Like 1

With this whole debacle, I'm reminded of several things. Both the Hanging at Knott's and B&T in Orlando have had moments which came under fire from various people, however they simple rolled with the punches and changed things up. Sometimes they even poked fun at the situation that came up, like a good parody/satire show should do.

Hollywood closing their B&T comes off as a very inexperienced move, it's one thing to have certain elements changed...but you never want to give anyone the idea that if they complain loud enough, that they can close a whole show for the rest of the season. Knott's and Orlando don't do that, and their shows are still kicking. Hollywood on the other hand...keep it up and they might have some trouble making an annual show for the event.

• Like 1