HHN Hollywood 2013 Event Discussion

They put the anti-gay celeb thing at the bottom of any article that involves homophobic media. It doesn't have anything to do with Universal in specific. Nor did they say the timing was on purpose. Nor did they say it was a Richard Simmons impression. Everything you think the article said, it doesn't actually say. Maybe all that rage that is coursing through your veins is messing with your comprehension.

LGBT spaces are, by nature, LGBT friendly. That's not a stereotype. It's dishonest to compare a show where the protagonists say that gay Superman is worthless, gets beaten for trying to suck off Zod which is played for laughs, and generally prances about and a show that is put on by LGBT people to celebrate the culture.

It's also dishonest to say that if you don't like the fact that Bill and Ted is written by racist and homophobic 14 year olds, you should just not watch it, yet you find yourself really upset about an article you chose to read. If you don't like the article, you don't have to read it either. The article said that it was going to criticize the show and it did, and yet you're still upset that it criticized the show. Yeah, media critics criticize media. That's the point.

Edited by ferox

They put the anti-gay celeb thing at the bottom of any article that involves homophobic media. It doesn't have anything to do with Universal in specific. Nor did they say the timing was on purpose. Nor did they say it was a Richard Simmons impression. Everything you think the article said, it doesn't actually say. Maybe all that rage that is coursing through your veins is messing with your comprehension.

LGBT spaces are, by nature, LGBT friendly. That's not a stereotype. It's dishonest to compare a show where the protagonists say that gay Superman is worthless, gets beaten for trying to suck off Zod which is played for laughs, and generally prances about and a show that is put on by LGBT people to celebrate the culture.

It's also dishonest to say that if you don't like the fact that Bill and Ted is written by racist and homophobic 14 year olds, you should just not watch it, yet you find yourself really upset about an article you chose to read. If you don't like the article, you don't have to read it either. The article said that it was going to criticize the show and it did, and yet you're still upset that it criticized the show. Yeah, media critics criticize media. That's the point.

first off the whole article makes out universal and you by the statement that "Bill and Ted is written by homophbic racist 14 year olds" like it's greatest injustice to humanity since the holocuast and that Universal is such an unfriendly place unless you are straight and white. It's Dishonest to treat anybody who likes the show as a racist and a homophobe or Universal for that matter or treat people who disagree as a raging red neck its not rage in my vein it's disgust that people take jokes too seriosily I am very anti-censorship and I love Bill & Ted for its joke. I may not be gay so I dont understand their struggle but I do know as a mexican I am not offended by the mexican stereotype jokes. Not only that but you are also blowing the jokes out of context the streoid transition from Superman being useless to buff was a joke between the failer of Brandon Roth's thin and skinny superman and the succes of Henry's Karvel's Man of Steel built and buff superman which is why the costume changed but he still did the sassy snap at the end and I'm pretty sure a.) Superman won the fight and b.) Gernal Zod would of try to beat the crap out of him even without the gay joke you know he is superman's villain. If the people who should be offended are not offended about that should tell you something about the legitimacy. If you ask me it's sets equality back more to suggest that the gay commuinity and people of ethnicity should go to a seperate event from the so called "homophobeic Racists" or the "White Shadow" that enjoy or put on Bill and Ted rather then just letting everyone enjoy HHN again this ">" does not equal this "=" People like Bill and Ted take the jokes for what they are... jokes. Criticizism is not the same as bashing which is what the article said. so to end this People like you don't there is no more to say here on out lets move on Boom drop the mike #murica

• Like 1

If the people who should be offended are not offended about that should tell you something about the legitimacy.

Like the person who wrote the article? Or the responses people made to the article? If you missed them, here are some responses from the LGBT community who felt that Bill and Ted were not being excellent to one another. There's a lot to pick from, but here's a few good ones.

"I don't know if homophobic is the right terminology because Universal hasn't been anti gay in the past and I don't think the humor implies a threat of fear. More likely it is a lack of understanding how such jokes are offensive that is at play here. Still, you would think that at some point in its planning someone might have has the courage to speak to the producers about it. All that being said, it is terribly offensive as it portrays being gay as something to be laughed at. They are not portraying a superman that happens to be gay, they are turning him gay in order to further the stereotype that he is now weak, less manly, less honorable, and someone to be laughed at and not be taken seriously. That is for obvious reasons very offensive and only serves to strengthen the stereotype in the minds of the viewers. I am very disappointed by this. I would be forgiving of them if they apologize and stop the show. But I certainly would not be forgiving if they feel the bottom line is more important than the harm they do."

"are you listening??? just cuz you make fun of a group of people and find it funny....if that group tells you they are offended you had better apologize or realize you are a bigot"

"Comparatively speaking, I wonder how appropriate it would be if the witch turned Superman black, and he did the rest of the performance in black face and making fun of outrageous racial stereotypes?"

"Leave this kind of crap in the 80's where both Bill and Ted and homophobia belong!!"

"No Universal Studios...just no. Humor that is dripping with contempt and disdain isn't really humor...its an attempt to reduce gays to unattractive stereotypes, while pretending to be humor."

You don't have to accept that criticism, but you have to accept that LGBT people are making those criticisms.

I HATE CRITICS! CRITICS SAY WHAT THEY DON'T LIKE! I CAN'T STAND IT! I CAN'T STAND PEOPLE SAYING WHAT THEY CAN'T STAND!

So...Insidious is the highest rated maze this year. I think TWD is going to have less of a major role next year.

Like the person who wrote the article? Or the responses people made to the article? If you missed them, here are some responses from the LGBT community who felt that Bill and Ted were not being excellent to one another. There's a lot to pick from, but here's a few good ones.

"I don't know if homophobic is the right terminology because Universal hasn't been anti gay in the past and I don't think the humor implies a threat of fear. More likely it is a lack of understanding how such jokes are offensive that is at play here. Still, you would think that at some point in its planning someone might have has the courage to speak to the producers about it. All that being said, it is terribly offensive as it portrays being gay as something to be laughed at. They are not portraying a superman that happens to be gay, they are turning him gay in order to further the stereotype that he is now weak, less manly, less honorable, and someone to be laughed at and not be taken seriously. That is for obvious reasons very offensive and only serves to strengthen the stereotype in the minds of the viewers. I am very disappointed by this. I would be forgiving of them if they apologize and stop the show. But I certainly would not be forgiving if they feel the bottom line is more important than the harm they do."

I accept these people are offended but they don't need to watch this show but when they bash an show for a joke that was made to be over the top and in bad taste and demand that the show is killed with violence I find it as ignorant and hypocritical as they are claiming Universal iswho by the way they even mention is a big supporter of gay rights. It's like that epsiode of Family Guy where Peter is injected with a gay gene and he act with the exact flamboyant stereotype that superman acted in Bill and Ted. So should they fire on Seth McFarlen even though he is a huge supporter of gay rights? I would also point out this year they made stereotypical jokes but then made fun of racists, yes they made a gay joke but last year they made fun of Homophobes "This is a place of great evil and intolerence" "Dude I love Chick-Fill-a". No one is coming out with a changed mind on Homosexuals cuz of the show and if they do confuse Bill and Ted with reality as these people are claiming then they should'nt be at HHN in the first place that statement is the same as saying Horror Movies make people go out and comit murder. That is all I gotta if you hate Bill and Ted fine thats cool but don't ruin for people who are not offended and for once understand that some of us do like it is highly rated cuz the GP like it and this does not make them racists, homophobic or a bigot.

Anyways Ticket prices went up.

No, calling out hacky gay jokes doesn't make you like a white supremacist. That's silly. Talking about the content of the show, which includes hacky gay jokes, is not the same as calling out for race war.

"No gays have objections to the show! If they do, they are like neo-nazis!"

You need to work on reading comprehension. Ticket prices have been the same since the beginning, except for that Walker appreciation thing a few weekends ago.

Edited by ferox

You need to work on reading comprehension. Ticket prices have been the same since the beginning, except for that Walker appreciation thing a few weekends ago.

No they went up up for November 1st and 2nd they were 44 but went up to 54.

dont know how hard it is but he always tells people on twitter they have to go through a few people to interveiw him.

Man, I'm going TOMORROW.

This neeeeeeds to be fixed!

Bill & Ted to end our night has been tradition with my friends for 6-7 years.

Aside from that, lines will be Hell, especially Friday & Saturday considering it'll be the most crowded weekend.

There needs to be some back up plan and FAST.

I LOVE SHOOOOWS! Give me anything.

I'll be done by like 9 or 10 and be bored for the rest of the night without it.

Cucuy will prob be an hour all night instead of the steady 20 it used to be. Same with UMR. Ugggggh

Damn... As much as I hated the show this year (For not being funny, not for making offensive jokes), that still saddens me.

It's not like I hate the show overall, and I know other people might've enjoyed it...

Well, at least I won't hear "We Will Rock You" on repeat from my break room every night. :D

Edited by Kurseddragon
  • Like 1

You know for a fact that there was a lot of people who took issue with the show, it's not one writer. Even if you think that a gay person who takes issue with lazy gay jokes is calling out for a race war, you know that there was a good amount of people who reacted in the same way. Don't be such a silly goose, you're just making stuff up now.

https://www.google.com/#q=halloween+horror+nights+bill+and+ted+homophobic

Edited by ferox

You know for a fact that there was a lot of people who took issue with the show, it's not one writer. Even if you think that a gay person who takes issue with lazy gay jokes is calling out for a race war, you know that there was a good amount of people who reacted in the same way. Don't be such a silly goose, you're just making stuff up now.

https://www.google.com/#q=halloween+horror+nights+bill+and+ted+homophobic

how convient that they are written in the same week not saying the writter is the only one but the domino effect is kinda clear here. I don't agree with you get over it.

If I can take a mexican joke they should take a gay joke Im not outraged cuz no body wanted help from G.I. Jose. In fact dont think anyone is.