Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Couldn't be more excited that Orlando is not getting a Black Sabbath house.

I mean, I like the group and they are legends, but I'm pretty much over rock legend houses after last year (apologies to anyone who worked in Alice Cooper).

Murdy seems to have a serious "broner" for these types of houses, maybe because it's a way for him to meet rock icons that he idolized as a child. All I know is that the Sabbath maze holds zero interest for me, and I'm happy we aren't getting it in Orlando.

• Like 3

I mean, I like the group and they are legends, but I'm pretty much over rock legend houses after last year (apologies to anyone who worked in Alice Cooper).

Murdy seems to have a serious "broner" for these types of houses, maybe because it's a way for him to meet rock icons that he idolized as a child. All I know is that the Sabbath maze holds zero interest for me, and I'm happy we aren't getting it in Orlando.

Agreed. The AC house got one go through from me last year. Nothing against AC or the scareactors but it just didnt appeal to me bc I was never into AC.

• Like 1

The rock legend themed houses seem to go over really well here in LA.

The music scene out here is HUGE though, so maybe its the appropriate market.

I LOVE AC, but was disappointed in both houses we got.

The soundtrack was fabulous but the scares just weren't there for me.

I grew up listening to Black Sabbath because my mom is such a huge fan.

I'm interested to see what Murdy does with their music, but I don't have high expectations for the house at all.

I'm anxiously awaiting HHNOs full site review!!! I can't wait to go this year :)

• Like 1

Couldn't be more excited that Orlando is not getting a Black Sabbath house. I mean, I like the group and they are legends, but I'm pretty much over rock legend houses after last year (apologies to anyone who worked in Alice Cooper). Murdy seems to have a serious "broner" for these types of houses, maybe because it's a way for him to meet rock icons that he idolized as a child. All I know is that the Sabbath maze holds zero interest for me, and I'm happy we aren't getting it in Orlando.
Alice cooper was one of my favorite houses last year. We may not have Black Sabbath this year, but don't be surprised if it makes it's way to Orlando next year, and I for one will be looking forwaed to it if it happens.
  • Like 2

I also liked the Alice Cooper house, despite not knowing anything about his music. I appreciated it for the storyline (as I understand it, the album it was based on was meant to be a narrative told through a series of songs a la the Who's Tommy) as opposed to just viewing it as scare to scare. I actually didn't expect to like it at all, but as I went through and was like 'okay, so here is the distorted view of the home life, here's high school with the bullies', etc. I really got into it. So the question for me would be (to tie it back into spec) without the pre-fab narrative of the Cooper album how do you turn a presumably disconnected set of Black Sabbath songs (who I also know next to nothing about) into an effective house that tells a story that can be followed by someone not familiar with the band?

I thought Coopers house was lame. I don't really think I dig the whole musical artists having houses deal, I mean, a whole lot of people didn't even know who Alice Cooper was when I was standing in line for it. Although, I think Marilyn Manson could probably create something pretty sick.. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the Black Sabbath house in Orlando next year either.

• Like 1

There are three things I reallynoticed after religiously studying that design of the tank for TWD:

1) On the top left-hand corner of the picture, it says that either the walkers or the survivors would climb the tank or some part of it(it didn't say who);

2) The design shows a hatch under the front part of the tank with an "open motion" for it. So it makes me wonder is it just for show or is it something more hmmm?

3) This is what surprised me the most. Why did it say that THE TANK IS IN CENTRAL PARK? On the right side under "area" it said Central Park. It doesn't make sense since the tank was in Atlanta, not the woods. Either way, I still love it.

There are three things I reallynoticed after religiously studying that design of the tank for TWD:

1) On the top left-hand corner of the picture, it says that either the walkers or the survivors would climb the tank or some part of it(it didn't say who);

2) The design shows a hatch under the front part of the tank with an "open motion" for it. So it makes me wonder is it just for show or is it something more hmmm?

3) This is what surprised me the most. Why did it say that THE TANK IS IN CENTRAL PARK? On the right side under "area" it said Central Park. It doesn't make sense since the tank was in Atlanta, not the woods. Either way, I still love it.

Yeah but Michael Aiello said to not believe everything you see. It could also be the area by the Horror Make Up Show.

Guest kiwisoup

Yeah, I have to say I didn't like Alice Cooper either. It's just that I like my haunted houses scary and with a cohesive theme, and the rock and comedy/3d houses gimmick just never do it for me. I'm glad that based on the information we have we won't have either at Orlando this year.

Yeah I read what he said and I too thought it was a red herring. It could also be as you say and it be in Mel's Die-in area, but isn't that place where Herschel's Farm speculated to be there, or is that elsewhere?

I think Hershel's barn is going over in Kidzone. I could be wrong though.

Is not even about Not being into Alice Cooper. I never saw the Wolfman movie before seeing the house. (Or the Thing prequel movie)

A lot of times people say that because they were not a fan of Cooper they didn't like the house. But to me the house was just not good at all (Expect for the amazing actors)

I think it is the other way around, I think some fans (Not Every fan, I am sure a lot of people liked the house and love Copper)

liked it not because it was a particularly good house in itself but because it was about something they loved.

It's like if they do a Slipknot house, No matter how shitty the house would be, I would still Love it with all my heart because of how much I love the band. does that make sense?

I think Universal could do a Lady Gaga house and if it was well created I would be okay with it (Even though I despise Gaga) I don't think not being a fan really is an issue if the house is created really well.

(same thing could be said about fans and the walking dead house last year)

the two rooms I disliked the most was his "Home" room and the "School" room,they just felt kind if silly to me. I liked the spider room and the final room the most.

Edited by LV-426

I guess I chalked up not liking it to not being into AC bc Ive never went through a house I hated at HHN. Again I didnt HATE the AC house but I had no idea what was going on and just couldnt get into it.

I just used my time to go through houses that I really enjoyed. The classics house last year was my favorite. I hit that thing like 8 times in 4 nights! And that house got a touch of hate... some how! lol

Now with that said the people in front of me (maybe early to mid 40's, who probably were listening to AC in his prime) LOVED that house. They were giddy as school kids in line ready to go through!

I guess I chalked up not liking it to not being into AC bc Ive never went through a house I hated at HHN. Again I didnt HATE the AC house but I had no idea what was going on and just couldnt get into it. I just used my time to go through houses that I really enjoyed. The classics house last year was my favorite. I hit that thing like 8 times in 4 nights! And that house got a touch of hate... some how! lol Now with that said the people in front of me (maybe early to mid 40's, who probably were listening to AC in his prime) LOVED that house. They were giddy as school kids in line ready to go through!
I'm 39.......I didn't like it at all. No offense to the scareactors they were the best they could with what they were given. Just seemed blah...to us when we walked through. Not a fan of AC but that doesn't really mean anything. It just I guess "fell flat" for us.

I thought AC was a good house, and not only because i'm an alice cooper fan, but the house itself was pretty cool. It's hillarious to hear some sa "they tried their best with what they're given" phrase. Like if they gave them a cardboard box and a can lol.