Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Sony had planned to buy AMC back in 2011... It didn't happen for whatever reason.
The scuttlebutt as of April is that NBC/Comcast/Universal is now looking to buy AMC.
This is pretty solidifed by the return of TWD and its rampant use this year.

Granted it may not happen but if it does but based on AMC's stocks being low and their need for money (despite what people think TWD doesn't make them a ton of money) and NBC's tendancy to buy companies when they are low it makes for a solid possibility.

I doubt Walking Dead will ever take over HHN, if anything there will come a day with wont be all big anymore and universal will stop using it a lot. Think about Jack the Clown. We saw him a lot at HHN and then his time came, and we haven't seen him since 2010. Walking Dead is big, but I don't think it's big enough to conquer a hole event.

There's no math to do, TWD is hot now and they plan on capitalizing. Where were all the cries and belly aches when universal was imposing jack on us every other year? There wont be a Walking Dead takeover of hhn, or black helicopters, etc etc. Relax folks.

But Jack is an HHN original... he could be the permanent host of the event and Id think it was cool.

I think TWD is too main stream for the hard core fans for it to be a HUGE part of the event. But there are worse things than TWD that can semi-take over the street of HHN.

• Like 1

I think Jack being in the event year after year would appease the fanboys since he was originally an HHN guy. Does that make sense?

I just dont think there would be half the bitching if Jack/Caretaker/Story Teller, etc were coming back compared to TWD.

I for one cant wait for this event. It could be the worst event ever put on by HHN and it would still be a blast!

Who was complaining... me. Check the boards I've hated Jack since 2001.

I don't like stale ideas. Jack was stale by 2006. But I'd take him over TWD anyday. That's my personal opinion.

But it's no conspiracy to think that NBC will ride the gravy train of TWD until it's no longer popular.. even then a few years after.

I fully expect TWD back next year. I mean I hope not. Apparently many people are happy with that... to each his own.

• Like 2

Who was complaining... me. Check the boards I've hated Jack since 2001.I don't like stale ideas. Jack was stale by 2006. But I'd take him over TWD anyday. That's my personal opinion.But it's no conspiracy to think that NBC will ride the gravy train of TWD until it's no longer popular.. even then a few years after.I fully expect TWD back next year. I mean I hope not. Apparently many people are happy with that... to each his own.

Do you blame them for riding that gravy train? I don't.

I think Jack being in the event year after year would appease the fanboys since he was originally an HHN guy. Does that make sense?

I just dont think there would be half the bitching if Jack/Caretaker/Story Teller, etc were coming back compared to TWD.

I for one cant wait for this event. It could be the worst event ever put on by HHN and it would still be a blast!

They have done it like 2 times in the last five years, the most recent yeat being 2010, and if i recalled, the belly achin, and crying didn't stop. Even though you got your old icons, a new icon, all original houses, and STILL the "hardcore fans" where not happy.

Is "scary clown" that much more original than zombies?

Yes because clowns ARE friggin scary!! At least to a much larger group than would actually be afraid of zombies (unless they are FAST zombies). But as someone said either here or on Facebook - how can you be afraid of something you can kill with a screwdriver? I thought that was apt. Clowns scare the sh*t out of me. Sorry if that's lame, but they do. There is something inherently wrong with a person willingly dressing up as a clown. Maybe it's from growing up very close to the whole John Wayne Gacy thing (they found all those bodies in his house when I was 12, so it's a searing memory for me). I remember it vividly, and I remember how scary I thought it was. And then, I read "It".. and that sealed the deal. So sue me.

I get that Universal needs to make as much money as possible - that's part of being a good business. I originally lost my mind and pretty much lit my hair on fire when the announcement came out about the streets. However, I have decided to reserve my judgment until I see it. If I think it sucks, I just won't travel for it multiple times this year as I originally planned. However, this will be my ninth year, and I have yet to ever think this event sucked. They are just too good.