Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Yes the train!
Really no point in hiding it. So many people know and have been making bad train puns :P

It also became apparent that I make way too many train allegories during a normal day. People were spotting them and I thought to myself: "Ha! I didn't mean that"

But yes HAVOC is said to have a train. How it pretains is still speculated. One of the main specualtions is that the train crashed that was transporting them and the dogs of war are unleased on the unsuspecting country side.

Still, I Would love to actually get on the train... But a train wreck would be epic too.

• Like 3

But each idea is completely different. No two of the houses were the same.

Seriously @ agalloch, you can't have it both ways. Like Legacy said, you know the new TWD house will not be the same and is based off a different location. I don't see the difference from all of the other examples.

I can't wait for the event this year. Super excited.

Edited by somebody85

Stop. Giving. Marketing. Ideas....

at this point they could make a twilight the movie house or make a zombie spongebob house and it wouldn't be a bad thing because Halloween Horror nights is the best halloween event in the country and they always do an amazing job with the houses. And everyone would have a good time because Uni is better than most of the other stuff out there.

I just think if they really want to push Walking Dead into the event they could do 2-3 houses based on different settings from the show. It could be cool to see.

The way I see it, after bringing WD a second year for a house and making every street experience WD. the next logical step would be having multiple walking Dead houses. It's just seems like the obvious choice for next year.

well,We don't even share props with Hollywood that much and we are in the same country lol :lol: ( I am Sure we share props with them but not That much)

I would love to see the creatures you mentioned in the RE house. I really want to see that. But I am not going to expect it. I would not be surprised if we mostly get zombies because at the end of the day Resident Evil is a zombie game. and Zombies are the main theme. The monsters are nice and I want to see them but the zombies are the real stars of the game. (I'm sure we will see Nemesis)

Edited by LV-426

Even though I don't agree with way the event is going, I'll reserve judgement till opening. I agree that The Walking Dead will lose it's luster one day. The real question is what will Universal do when that happens. No other IP will have the drawing power that TWD has and crowds will go back to pre-2012 capacity.
I'll have to disagree, there will ALWAYS be something that will turn out to be the flavor of the month. No offense but it's a bit naive to say that TWD is the only thing ever to draw crowds, and this is coming from a TWD fan.

I'll have to disagree, there will ALWAYS be something that will turn out to be the flavor of the month. No offense but it's a bit naive to say that TWD is the only thing ever to draw crowds, and this is coming from a TWD fan.

I never said that TWD was the only thing that could draw. Of course there are others that could draw just not as nearly as big as TWD.

Edited by mastermind22

I never said that TWD was the only thing that could draw. Of course there are others that could draw just not as nearly as big as TWD.

You don't know what will be around in a year, two, or three. Once again, it's naive to say that anything else that's created from now till the and of tme will ever draw TWD crowds. You just never know.

You don't know what will be around in a year, two, or three. Once again, it's naive to say that anything else that's created from now till the and of tme will ever draw TWD crowds. You just never know.

Tha's true but there is also a chance that there may not be another craze as super massive as TWD fitting for HHN for a long time.

Thing thing with Resident evil is that zombies are not really the main villain. Yes they appear ALOT, but the true villain is Umbrella and all it's madness and hell it's causes to break lose. They couldn't they a hole RE house with only the zombies. And as people have said, humans should appear. Hopefully we could see something like humans shooting at monsters and making it like we are walking through the middle of a battle ground. My concern is will it be based on the hole game series, movie series, or a combination of everything like in Silent Hill?

• Like 1

There might be something bigger than TWD someday, but there hasn't been anything horror related that was big as TWD for a while time. Maybe Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street at the very peak of their popularity before too many sequels killed the series. By the time Fright Nights started n 1991 started both of those franchises were suffering from the poor box office and critical response to Freddy's Dead and Jason Takes Manhattan. So at the very least, TWD has been the most popular horror property since HHN has been an event. But if the current pattern holds, you'll have to wait another 22 years or so.

• Like 1

Yeah probably. There might be something bigger than TWD someday, but there hasn't been anything horror related that was big as TWD for a while time. Maybe Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street at the very peak of their popularity before too many sequels killed the series. By the time Fright Nights started n 1991 started both of those franchises were suffering from the poor box office and critical response to Freddy's Dead and Jason Takes Manhattan. So at the very least, TWD has been the most popular horror property since HHN has been an event. But if the current pattern holds, you'll have to wait another 22 years or so.

It's basically the same thing i said but more elaborate. It can be 20, 40, 100, 500 years but something will always come bigger then what's in now.

I agree with JDW in the end HHN is just a event. This will be my 14th year going (not in a row) and I pretty much love whatever UNi does. I'll always go if I can and I'll always come to this site and speculate. Everyone has a opinion lets not bite each others heads off just because we don't agree with one another or it's just not fun anymore.

• Like 2

Yes the train!

Really no point in hiding it. So many people know and have been making bad train puns :P

It also became apparent that I make way too many train allegories during a normal day. People were spotting them and I thought to myself: "Ha! I didn't mean that"

But yes HAVOC is said to have a train. How it pretains is still speculated. One of the main specualtions is that the train crashed that was transporting them and the dogs of war are unleased on the unsuspecting country side.

Still, I Would love to actually get on the train... But a train wreck would be epic too.

Lol I didn't even pick up on the Train puns and I'm a cop... but you have to understand from Blue Rhino blowing up and minimal sleep since I am kind of slow at the moment... That would be awesome, Do you think Universal will change it up because of the big Train Crash in Spain?

I agree with JDW in the end HHN is just a event. This will be my 14th year going (not in a row) and I pretty much love whatever UNi does. I'll always go if I can and I'll always come to this site and speculate. Everyone has a opinion lets not bite each others heads off just because we don't agree with one another or it's just not fun anymore.

This will be our 10th year and I agree with both of you on this one!!!! Can't wait!!

Lol I didn't even pick up on the Train puns and I'm a cop... but you have to understand from Blue Rhino blowing up and minimal sleep since I am kind of slow at the moment... That would be awesome, Do you think Universal will change it up because of the big Train Crash in Spain?

Highly unlikely at this point.

And people are only assuming it's a train crash...

I know I live down the street from blue rhino. It was frightening.

Yeah as legacy said we don't know how the train is involved... just spec. But I hadn't heard of any train crashes.

Every single year there are people that will come in here and say that everything sucks and they hate the event (even though they don't stop attending it.) I'll call them "the complainers"

but then every year the hardcore HHN fans will come to defend HHN no matter what they do, and sometimes they start attacking the complainers (sometimes insult them because they don't like the event) I'll call them "HHN white knights"

I just wish that One year, just one year people would be able to share their opinions without getting attacked. I know a lot of times people might not say what they really want to say in fear of the aggression that goes on here (Sometimes) Some people will never be happy with anything ever, but I don't see the need to argue.

I just don't understand the need to insult and argue with people that are unhappy with something. It's like if I started to call people that hate Ice cream nasty names lol :lol: Some people just don't like Ice cream, whatyougonnado?

I don't know :blush:

• Like 2

There might be something bigger than TWD someday, but there hasn't been anything horror related that was big as TWD for a while time. Maybe Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street at the very peak of their popularity before too many sequels killed the series. By the time Fright Nights started n 1991 started both of those franchises were suffering from the poor box office and critical response to Freddy's Dead and Jason Takes Manhattan. So at the very least, TWD has been the most popular horror property since HHN has been an event. But if the current pattern holds, you'll have to wait another 22 years or so.

well, The way I see it, In the Horror Make up show they talk about the effects done in the movie the Wolfman. But the Wolfman was a movie that was not really that successful. It didn't do that well in the box office and a lot of people criticized it.

but Wolfman is nowhere as BIG as Walking Dead is right now. Walking Dead blows the Wolfman out of the water, no question about it. (the wolfman was never that big to begin with, and it got a house And they talk about it on the make up show)

I still think Walking Dead should replace the Horror make up show. or something like that (maybe do the Horror make up show about the walking Dead effects.

Same goes with some of the other properties in the park. I mean, was Twister really that big? did it really had a following? Couldn't they replace Twister with something Walking Dead related? Like I said before, I honestly think Walking Dead is bigger than Transformers was (As far as the critical acclaim goes) If they did a ride of Transformers, why couldn't they do something Walking Dead related? I think walking dead is big enough to draw crowds for years to come.

It is certainly big enough to bring a lot of people in. Instead of just using it for HHN they could have it all year round. would pretty much be a big win win for everyone all around.

Everyone just needs to put their shades on, sit back and relax! It'll be fun no matter what the theme or whatever the hell a concept is. HHN is more than what is being marketed for that year, it's a social experience. Have fun with friends and family and if you no longer do, just don't go. I feel that a year isn't just remembered by what kind of monster was featured that year but always the experiences we had; different scares, laughs with friends, and people we meet. It'll be fun no matter what and gives some faith to the scareactors! That's just how I feel any year when I may not agree with the direction of the year. Especially this year.

• Like 3

well, The way I see it, In the Horror Make up show they talk about the effects done in the movie the Wolfman. But the Wolfman was a movie that was not really that successful. It didn't do that well in the box office and a lot of people criticized it.

but Wolfman is nowhere as BIG as Walking Dead is right now. Walking Dead blows the Wolfman out of the water, no question about it. (the wolfman was never that big to begin with, and it got a house And they talk about it on the make up show)

I still think Walking Dead should replace the Horror make up show. or something like that (maybe do the Horror make up show about the walking Dead effects.

Same goes with some of the other properties in the park. I mean, was Twister really that big? did it really had a following? Couldn't they replace Twister with something Walking Dead related? Like I said before, I honestly think Walking Dead is bigger than Transformers was (As far as the critical acclaim goes) If they did a ride of Transformers, why couldn't they do something Walking Dead related? I think walking dead is big enough to draw crowds for years to come.

It is certainly big enough to bring a lot of people in. Instead of just using it for HHN they could have it all year round. would pretty much be a big win win for everyone all around.

Kinda related, there's some really amazing special fx videos for TWD on youtube.

• Like 1

Kinda related, there's some really amazing special fx videos for TWD on youtube.

If HHN's makeup actually looked like that last year and this year, then I'd be perfectly fine with it. But it didn't last year and I don't feel like it will this year. The makeup is just the same from Zombiegeddon. Just disappointing.

• Like 1

See! They could totally remake the Make up show with Walking Dead (And replace the Wolfman bits) or just do something new, a 3D walking dead movie would be pretty amazing at universal.

I wish they thought of this...

Cleaned up the thread a bit. Spelling, fighting, etc.

Let's keep it clean folks. I know we are all passionate one way or the other about the event this year. But please this is a speculation thread. Let's move forward from this.

If you want to talk about maketing decisions move it to the Popularity/greed thread. If you want to fight please just PM each other ;)

• Like 4