Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Soon, the nation's premier Halloween event will be here—with even more nights of bloodcurdling fear this year. Try to survive all-new haunted houses, spine-chilling street experiences and outrageous live shows.

That's straight from the site and email doesn't say scarezones but doesn't say we wont get both.

• Like 1

I'm really hoping they bring back scarezones!

Last years street experiences fell short of the mark for me. I don't know about everyone else but I often found that the legions were always centred around certain areas of the park so rather than being a 'roaming hoard' it sorta just felt like a lazy scarezone... lacking the atmosphere y'know?

My favourite street experience of last year was walking through the Central Park area when it was swarming with traditionals, so so creepy!

I did hear about some people being accosted by scareactors in restaurants and other places that they had considered 'safe' which I thought was a really cool idea but I was never a victim of it. Might have something to do with the fact that I'm constantly on the look out - I've always got my guard up - even when I go to the bathroom!

I guess what I'm trying to say in a really long winded kind of way (sorry) is that a mixture would be ideal!

• Like 3

Maybe I could see the Slenderman in a scarezone. Only the character though. The hole franchises doesn't have enough for a house

a Slendy street or house could totally work. Just the idea of a complete forest-of-a-house sounds... so awesome. Imagine just walking into house that's basically pitch black with just trees everywhere. That'd be terrifying.

a street would be legit if they did something like Field of Screams; multiple paths and stuff.

yum.

Ok so video has wailing and rotten stench. Apparently, from what I'm reading, La Llorona has a stench of rot that follows her. Just a thought as we have almost nothing to go on. What were the items we've seen so far?

• Like 1

I honestly think it would be crazy for them NOT to incorporate Slenderman into the event in some way shape or form. The character is now more popular than ever and the theme that this year is going for would be perfect to have him. He wouldn't have like a house or scarezone based around him, but maybe just have be a random scareactor that pops up anywhere in the park.

I honestly think it would be crazy for them NOT to incorporate Slenderman into the event in some way shape or form. The character is now more popular than ever and the theme that this year is going for would be perfect to have him. He wouldn't have like a house or scarezone based around him, but maybe just have be a random scareactor that pops up anywhere in the park.

Put him in CITW. Done.

• Like 3

A comparison. Our cabin matches none of these due to the top windows.

Random, horrible idea based on my La Llorona suspicions...

What did the cabin from "Mama" look like? I know it at least had an upstairs section...

Just some random ideas for scarezone/street experiences combination for this year:
-Sequel to the Grown Evil scarezone.
-Street experience involving a group of demented loggers searching for a good spot in the woods. Wearing Bloody overalls and checkered shirts, they'll swing their chainsaws and axes at anyone in their way.
-Scarezone focused on evil plant life. You are surrounded by trees and tall plants, but watch out the vines that reach out at you. You see entangled humans, some of them having vines digging into their skin, feeding off of their bodies and leaving them in a zombified state.

Scarezones make you feel like you're stepping into their world, as soon as you enter you KNOW something's going to happen, you feel it just by looking at your surroundings and the unique props they have for us. The only issue is that once you're out of that forest or that small village, you know you're safe now because the monsters can only be so far away from their area. Street Experiences attempted to remedy this by making the whole park a place where the monsters can go, essentially removing those safe zones, but unfortunately while you can make the scareactors move everywhere in the park you can't do the same for unique props and environments which are stationary and so they have to be more generalized and less personal to the particular monsters walking around in them or hiding behind them at the time.

I feel this year's theme will give a great opportunity to take advantage of both the immersive environments that scarezones provide and still have the "no safe zones" role that the street experiences fill. I think the two would work together FANTASTICALLY if done at once. SZs provide the unique environments, SEs remove the safezones.

• Like 2

Ok so video has wailing and rotten stench. Apparently, from what I'm reading, La Llorona has a stench of rot that follows her.
Could that have anything to do with the image of the woods that has a face in the clouds? Can't look up the image rt now, but it's the same image they announced CITW with, just without the house, and with dark clouds forming into what looks like a face...La Llorona's face? Idk. Icon maybe? But it feels like the icon, if there even will be one, is bigger than just La Llorona bc idk if I'd go so far as to say she's the root of all evil. Speculation, speculation.
  • Like 1

Remember though the video in the phobe and backpack were not the same location. They may or may not be mutually exclusive. Also, fun fact, today I drove within 5 miles of the original location for the Evil Dead cabin and have been staying 50 miles from it all week :)

• Like 4

I Think this year's theme is the woods (obviously). Every speculated house has something to do or can have a woods setting.

La Llorona, in the woods by a river.

AWIL, can have a wood setting.

Resident Evil, has wood settings in various games.

Citw, its a cabin in the woods.

Evil Dead, its a cabin in the woods.

Havoc, could be in the woods?

Prison, tree branches seen near tents.

If this is the case, I love this year.

• Like 1