Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Marty: Okay, my turn! Jules!
Jules: Mmm?
Marty: Truth or dare?
Jules: Let's go dare.
Marty: I dare you, to make out with...
Curt: Please say Dana. Please say Dana. Please say Dana.
Marty: That moose, over there.
Dana: Um, Marty? Have you ever seen a moose before?
Marty: Whatever that mysterious beast is?
Curt: It's a wolf.
Holden: That's clearly a wolf.
Marty: Fine...

And to all the men on here...you're welcome.

• Like 1

I dare you to make out with that moose.

#clue ???

The evil begins soon. We will be releasing the first house for this year’s event at midnight on 6/27.

Get ready - once the evil has been released, there’s no turning back…

Evil.....
Dead..
Edited by coleman2122

Ok while I consider myself a super fan, I'm still quite a novice as far as knowledge goes. Can someone explain the legions to me and how each will tie into a house. I think I've missed some connection here!!! Also my guess for the first reveal is a recent IP. TWD or Evil Dead.....

There a 6 Legions of Horror. They corresponded with last year's hordes. A&D has stated that all "horror monsters" can be placed into one of these six categories. Each Legion as a Lineage (family tree) that was pieced together at the end of last years game play.

Here are the descriptions from the Horror Unearthed Game:

As for my speculation that would connect the houses to Legions...

We have 8 houses this year and 6 Legions.

CITW would connect to all the Legions since it contains a large variety of monsters.

Havoc would connect to the Baccanoid Legion. The Super Soldiers were already connected to Baccanoid through the Lineages.

I'll leave the rest of my speculations until each house is announced. I'll let you all connect as you will. One more piece to consider though. Goth Wackee said the following "Ryan says Kerezans are different"

• Like 2

Big assumption on the 8-6...

No. You misinterpreted. There are 6 Legions of Horror. Not hordes or scare zones. I should have been clearer on that. This in no way involves possible street spec.

You must divy up the 8 houses amongst the 6 Legions.

I took CITW out of the equation since it would include monsters from every Legion.

I gave away the Baccanoid Legion house. Which is basically a confirmed tie in. The DoWs are Baccanoids.

That leaves 5 legions and 6 houses.

Using the descriptions of the legions, speculate which house could tie to which legion.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

Question: Has HHN ever done a well lit house before?

I'm watching Cabin right now and it dawned on me, if we're to get some of the scenes "downstairs", they're very brightly lit. Just wondering how this would work.

That is a good question. Maybe we'll go down a cube hallway that's brightly lit, but the cubes will be dark for things to jump out at us?

Question: Has HHN ever done a well lit house before?

I'm watching Cabin right now and it dawned on me, if we're to get some of the scenes "downstairs", they're very brightly lit. Just wondering how this would work.

If memory serves, yes.

The original Run was very brightly lit, I believe.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 1

If memory serves, yes.

The original Run was very brightly lit, I believe.

Thanks, Heather. I couldn't remember any in the years that I've been.

Now that we know Drew Goddard and Joss Whedon are excited about being involved with HHN, I'm hoping we get a queue video with Hadley and Sitterson.

Thanks, Heather. I couldn't remember any in the years that I've been.

Now that we know Drew Goddard and Joss Whedon are excited about being involved with HHN, I'm hoping we get a queue video with Hadley and Sitterson.

You're welcome, Niki!

I was blasé about this house when it was first rumored. I saw the movie and was not impressed. At least not by the horror factor. I found it more funny than frightening. (I laughed in the theater during the original Final Destination though. So, my humor is a little different).

Reading the articles about this house, I have become soooo excited for it. It's an IP, but it has a concept that gives more freedom than most IPs.

EDIT: Because I can't seem to type things in order.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 1