Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Along the attached house and scarezone line of thinking: what if the house in Disaster is "Cabin in the Woods"? Given the lineup, this is the comedy house and before last year the Disaster queue was the home of the comedy houses. Also, how cool would it be if the scarezone after exiting is all the escaped monsters?

Edited by Cooger and Dark

With two potential zombie houses (albeit one also has other mutations as well), the odds are in favor of the attached SZ being zombies. Or, maybe New York will become Raccoon City? They could use the projectors like HHNJ did last year, and Orlando did with Acid Assault, put out maybe a smaller set piece or two, and the theming would be perfect with a bunch of zombies. Okay, now I want this to happen. Make it happen, A&D!

Sorry, I kind of diverted there a bit from my original point. But now I hope it's Havoc, so we get this in New York. :)

With two potential zombie houses (albeit one also has other mutations as well), the odds are in favor of the attached SZ being zombies. Or, maybe New York will become Raccoon City? They could use the projectors like HHNJ did last year, and Orlando did with Acid Assault, put out maybe a smaller set piece or two, and the theming would be perfect with a bunch of zombies. Okay, now I want this to happen. Make it happen, A&D!

Sorry, I kind of diverted there a bit from my original point. But now I hope it's Havoc, so we get this in New York. :)

I see potential scarezone links to many of the houses. If RE is in the SS that has an entrance near the NY library facade, we could see an SZ tie like we did in 08. Body Collectors/Streets of Blood.

If TWD is in parade then a horde outside a la Fratured Tales/ST3.

Entrance to CITW or ED on plaza of the stars? Deadites or escaped CITW monsters. I prefer the CITW monsters.

Very little additional theming would be needed for these ideas. NY is a perfect backdrop for RE. CITW monsters break loose from the facility? What more theming do you need. And walkers are walkers, they can do there thing anywhere.

We could have more original themed SZ's in Shrek, CP, Mel's and even near Springfield or the tents.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

Along the attached house and scarezone line of thinking: what if the house in Disaster is "Cabin in the Woods"? Given the lineup, this is the comedy house and before last year the Disaster queue was the home of the comedy houses. Also, how cool would it be if the scarezone after exiting is all the escaped monsters?

It's highly unlikely... Current spec (that is fairly accurate) is that Havoc is in Disaster.

Yeah... I think a zombie zone is incredibly likely.

Current spec is either La Llorona or the Zangara-inspired inmate.

Some favor Zangara... I favor La Llorona...

• Like 2

Darn it you figured it out... oh well no sense in hiding it.

The mascot is Slappy the Silly Skull part of the kinder, gentler HHN initiative

lovely-skull-had-character-mascot-costum

In fact there will be an entire house with puppets that when they pop up they just say "Happy Halloween!" and do a little puppet dance.

• Like 9

In fact there will be an entire house with puppets that when they pop up they just say "Happy Halloween!" and do a little puppet dance.

At least I know HHN will be truly horrifying this year!

Add in a few furry creatures and I'd probably end up in the fetal position terrified out of my mind.

• Like 4

At least I know HHN will be truly horrifying this year!

Add in a few furry creatures and I'd probably end up in the fetal position terrified out of my mind.

These?

furry.1359051737.jpg

I don't know what you guys are talking about. This sounds like the best HHN we'll have EVAR. 4 SRS.

• Like 5

Sounds terrifying

Current spec is either La Llorona or the Zangara-inspired inmate.

Some favor Zangara... I favor La Llorona...

Wasn't sure where to put this. Considering the above quote, I figured it should go here.

Goth Wakee: Got through! Yay

In a message dated 6/12/2013 9:12:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

This is an exact quote, how it was typed.

Of course the date/time stand out.

91208 is the zipcode for Glendale, CA.

A hint that Jeff may get what he prefers?

Sorry for the double post.

Do we know yet whether the Evil Dead house will be based on the new movie or the originals?

Nothing is confirmed in terms of the source material, but I'm going to put my money on the new movie being the inspiration. Evil Dead is a cult classic and the originals have their own place in horror movie history, but let's be honest...would ED even be considered as a possibility for the house line up if the remake hadn't just come out? Probably not...even though it would have been a great house if they did just base it on the originals. But since the GP will be familiar with ED from the recent film, I'd lean that way. I mean...there's only one reason TWD is having a second year: cash cow, cash cow, cash cow. I think this is a similar instance of give-them-what-they-want.

Nothing is confirmed in terms of the source material, but I'm going to put my money on the new movie being the inspiration. Evil Dead is a cult classic and the originals have their own place in horror movie history, but let's be honest...would ED even be considered as a possibility for the house line up if the remake hadn't just come out? Probably not...even though it would have been a great house if they did just base it on the originals. But since the GP will be familiar with ED from the recent film, I'd lean that way. I mean...there's only one reason TWD is having a second year: cash cow, cash cow, cash cow. I think this is a similar instance of give-them-what-they-want.

You know, I could see it as a best of for all four films, actually, depending on how the rights played out. And Army of Darkness is a Universal property, after all. I'm very curious to see how they do this house.

• Like 2

but let's be honest...would ED even be considered as a possibility for the house line up if the remake hadn't just come out? Probably not...

The original ED movies have way more GP recognition than AWIL. And about the same amount as The Thing did in 2007. Certainly more than People Under the Stairs had in 2006. How this will play out as far as the direction the house...well not sure. Using scenes from the original movies in some way does benefit A&D since while the usable scenes the sequel/prequel does have are very memorable, there's not too many of them. There's a distinctly different aesthetic between the prequel/sequel and the original series, but Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi are involved with ED2013.