Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

I can connect houses to legions. Well the rumored houses to legions.

I'll post which legion I think each house belongs too as they are announced.

There are 9 weeks until our usual full reveal time frame. If we don't include next week due to the 4th, then makes it 8. A house a week, you think?

There are 9 weeks until our usual full reveal time frame. If we don't include next week due to the 4th, then makes it 8. A house a week, you think?

Sound logic. If they're prepared to reveal a house name at this point, you'd have to believe that they'd want discussions to continue each week by adding new content, presumably with scarezone / legion / potential icon reveal happening on the traditional Last Thursday of August at 12:01 AM. if there are any licensed properties this year, the initial reveal will surely be for one of them. If I remember correctly, Silent Hill came first last year. It's always good for media sites that cover Film / Television / Gaming / Music to hype HHN early.

AWIL could be a good choice, but I have a feeling they'll be announcing one of the more recent IP's like Evil Dead, Cabin in the Woods to drum up easy hype. Could also be the Walking Dead, though I'm not as confident with that one being announced first....though it's still possible considering that was a factor of the big crowds last year and they can put the "Back by popular demand!" spin on it.

Ok while I consider myself a super fan, I'm still quite a novice as far as knowledge goes. Can someone explain the legions to me and how each will tie into a house. I think I've missed some connection here!!! Also my guess for the first reveal is a recent IP. TWD or Evil Dead.....

TWD would make people lose interest as the first house revealed because it is a repeat. Although it would be the best jerk move as it doesn't really do anything for you for the event.

AWIL nobody would really care. My bet is on Evil Dead or CITW. They are "new" and people recognize them.

• Like 1

I'm actually amazed nobody thinks Resident Evil will be the first house revealed. Isn't it the biggest franchise at this years event? Multiple movies, multiple games, books etc etc etc. that would be my guess anyway to interest the widest spectrum of general public. I agree with JW when he says TWD is kinda a repeat and wouldn't be a good marketing tool. Also AWIL while being a classic is too old and non relevant to be an effective first house reveal. Just my thoughts....

Oh and a few thoughts on the Evil Dead. Seeing as it was a latish replacement for American Horror Story I can't see it being the focus of this years event or have a connection to the 23 logo. My guess, like many of you is that it's a nod to the legions returning.....in one form or other :)