Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

I have know doubt they will bleed it dry as long as a.) It's popular and b.) they have the rights to use it.

The new biz model seems to be a clone of Hollywood's which also seems to do the same. La Larona stuck around at Hollywood. House of 100 corpses also... So I could easily see them using it again. Different house same IP.

New Ifrit clue people!

e1a17cf8c3c311e2875e22000a9e016c_7.jpg

"Soap, grope, nope I hope you find the time Pope, rope, dope to cope and figure out the rhyme."

My take: Rocky and Bullwinkle, obvi. But the focus is on Bullwinkle instead of Rocky....rocky is blurred out (instagram filtering fanciness). Universal made a film of the TV show...but it wasn't that successful. This honestly brings me back to the "Flashback" cryptic comment from Dr. J.....that show is a complete flashback to my childhood.

EDIT: Just did a little research and found out that the guy who voiced Bullwinkle (Bill Scott) also voiced Dudley Do-Right...and we all know what park THAT ride is in :blink: ...is this suggesting a return to IoA? I don't even know if it's possible at this point...but it seemed to be relevant enough to mention either way.

As for the rhyming words:

Soap

Grope

Nope

Hope

Pope

Rope

Dope

Cope

• the inclusion of "Grope" and "pope" was rather...comical/interesting/satirical/probably not intended but whatever.
  • The following are the only other words in the English language that rhyme with "soap" (and any of the other words) but were NOT included in ifrit's written clue: lope, mope, scope, slope, tope, trope
Edited by justchristy
  • Like 1

So here's a thought. We're all assuming that CitW will be a straight up adaptation of the flick, but that's not really the point or the fun of the film. What if, instead of that, the house is all about the OTHER monsters, and we get to see what the film would of been like if they'd been chosen instead? Or maybe we'll get to see the origins of where the monsters came from, in their original environments? That would be a very cool house experience, and add to the film without just being a straight up clip show.

So here's a thought. We're all assuming that CitW will be a straight up adaptation of the flick, but that's not really the point or the fun of the film. What if, instead of that, the house is all about the OTHER monsters, and we get to see what the film would of been like if they'd been chosen instead? Or maybe we'll get to see the origins of where the monsters came from, in their original environments? That would be a very cool house experience, and add to the film without just being a straight up clip show.

It's my belief that A&D's main goal with the houses/mazes is to immerse you in the movies. This is Universal, afterall, and they tend to concentrate on the specific horror movie content, not on alternate dimensions within the movie's canon, or backstory that isn't explicitly shown in the film. While it would be interesting from a diehard horror fan's perspective to experience other monsters that weren't featured mainly in the movie, I don't think that would go over well, and I don't think Uni would take that kind of risk. If they have an IP that's as recognizable as CiTW, they have a sort of responsibility to that IP to represent it the way they think fans will appreciate and experience it the most and best. I can almost say with complete certainty that, if they were to create a CiTW house as you described, there would be an uproar from the fan community. Part of what makes those IP houses scary is knowing what's coming for you because you've seen the movie...and getting completely immersed in those scary scenes that you saw the main characters stuck in. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but I don't think they'd make a house like that this year, unless it were an original house entirely, or a spinoff house from the main CiTW house...idk.

It's my belief that A&D's main goal with the houses/mazes is to immerse you in the movies. This is Universal, afterall, and they tend to concentrate on the specific horror movie content, not on alternate dimensions within the movie's canon, or backstory that isn't explicitly shown in the film. While it would be interesting from a diehard horror fan's perspective to experience other monsters that weren't featured mainly in the movie, I don't think that would go over well, and I don't think Uni would take that kind of risk. If they have an IP that's as recognizable as CiTW, they have a sort of responsibility to that IP to represent it the way they think fans will appreciate and experience it the most and best. I can almost say with complete certainty that, if they were to create a CiTW house as you described, there would be an uproar from the fan community. Part of what makes those IP houses scary is knowing what's coming for you because you've seen the movie...and getting completely immersed in those scary scenes that you saw the main characters stuck in. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but I don't think they'd make a house like that this year, unless it were an original house entirely, or a spinoff house from the main CiTW house...idk.

Except that they've already taken this approach with another IP. Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't the first Thing house a sequel, and took place after the events of the film? This house, as described above, would essentially be a prequel.

• Like 2

Except that they've already taken this approach with another IP. Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't the first Thing house a sequel, and took place after the events of the film? This house, as described above, would essentially be a prequel.

As I was unable to go that year, I had to look it up to be certain, but yes - The Thing: Assimilation appears to have taken place subsequent to the events of the Carpenter film. Our 2011 Thing house was based on the film released that year, which I believe was a prequel (still haven't mustered up the interest to view that one). So prequel houses for IP's are def not unheard of.

yeah it was like a sequel.

The Chucky house had nothing to do with the movies basically.

My worry about Cabin is that they won't do too much with the monsters at the end of the movie because it is juts a lot easier to have redneck zombies on every room.

• Like 2

I like the idea boogey! Why rehash what has been done?... everybody know the story there would be no surprise.

I think is all depends on the IP. The Thing is a universal picture. But it would be awesome to have a continuation of the story rather than a clone.

• Like 1

I have every expectation that Cabin in the Woods will, in some capacity, have a Body Collector, a Nightingale, a Creature, a Skulder (from Spawning, or a Plague Doctor.

Failure to use classic HHN characters as Easter Eggs in Cabin is a waste of epic proportions.

• Like 9

I have every expectation that Cabin in the Woods will, in some capacity, have a Body Collector, a Nightingale, a Creature, a Skulder (from Spawning, or a Plague Doctor.

Failure to use classic HHN characters as Easter Eggs in Cabin is a waste of epic proportions.

This would actually be such a great thing to see. I like it.

They could fill the house with all kinds of past creatures.

Edited by LV-426

I know most don't wanna hear me say it but........ Dr. Jimmy's cryptic comment Flashback brings me back to what I've been saying about going back too past HHN events old icons maybe old SZ I still believe 6 houses will be different except TWD and a Dark Legion house FLASHBACK!!!!!! Lol :)

Ya know.....now I'm starting to wonder if this house will even be an adaptation of the movies or just an "inspired by" house kind of how The Forasaken was inspired by The Fog but had it's own twist on it. It will be cheaper because they won't have to worry about movie rights, etc. and it will give more creative liberties.

If that's the case, then we're looking at 4 "Originals" and 4 Ips and in my book, I'm okay with that :)

I like the idea boogey! Why rehash what has been done?... everybody know the story there would be no surprise.

I think is all depends on the IP. The Thing is a universal picture. But it would be awesome to have a continuation of the story rather than a clone.

The other thing that gives this spec some teeth is that Drew Goddard and Joss Whedon had mentioned in some interview that they'd be open to exploring some of the other aspects of this world through other mediums. Most assumed comic books, given the success of the medium for Buffy and Angel. But IF this house is going to be at HHN; and IF Joss, or more likely Drew, are involved in the concept for it, then I could very easily see them taking this opportunity to do just that. And since there's precedent for it at the park, I don't think it's that big of a stretch.

And I would love to see some HHN ghoulies populate the ranks, as others have mentioned. That would be some nice icing on the cake.

They were attempting to turn the franchise into an anthology series. But when Halloween 3 bombed (interesting idea, imo, just terrible execution), they went back to what worked.

And if you think THAT'S one of the worst horror films ever, you should spend an afternoon watching stuff on Netflix. You'll come out think H3 wasn't actually all that bad. :)

• Like 1

New Ifrit clue people!

e1a17cf8c3c311e2875e22000a9e016c_7.jpg

"Soap, grope, nope I hope you find the time Pope, rope, dope to cope and figure out the rhyme."

This is quite fun if one reads the clue in Bullwinkle's voice!

"Hey Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of this hat!"

"But that trick never works!"

RAAAAAAARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Don't know my own strength!"

• Like 2

And if you think THAT'S one of the worst horror films ever, you should spend an afternoon watching stuff on Netflix. You'll come out think H3 wasn't actually all that bad. :)

Thankskilling...

And I myself have high hopes for CiTW, IP or no. A Whedon inspiration + our own creative's inspiration = something I'm interested in, regardless.

• Like 2

Actually, I think I found it. I don't remember who tied the riddle (tropes) with Cabin, but it also has the "I dare you to make out with that moose," line.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1259521/quotes?qt=qt1767518

I connected it to tropes. I didn't think about that moose connection though, that's pretty clever. On another level, CITW is kinda about pulling stuff "out of a hat" so to speak.

This is what Screamscape just posted- According to a report from Behind The Thrills, as the rumor mill indicated, Legendary Truth will be returning in 2013 for Halloween Horror Nights. This year expect them to take what they’ve learned and experimented with over the years leading up to previous appearance of Legendary Truth, and then mix in the online and in-park interactivity we saw them use last year with Horror Unearthed.
Even better… it looks like Universal Orlando will begin to push Halloween Horror Nights storylines and mythos throughout the year instead of just as a last second lead-in to the event itself in the fall. With Legendary Truth merchandise announced to go on sale online starting in June, I’ve got a feeling this year’s story will also start to unfold at about the same time, which is just fabulous news.

I was thinking that LT will prob tie into our Prison themed house.... Investigating a haunted old prison would be awesome...

This is what Screamscape just posted- According to a report from Behind The Thrills, as the rumor mill indicated, Legendary Truth will be returning in 2013 for Halloween Horror Nights. This year expect them to take what they’ve learned and experimented with over the years leading up to previous appearance of Legendary Truth, and then mix in the online and in-park interactivity we saw them use last year with Horror Unearthed.

Even better… it looks like Universal Orlando will begin to push Halloween Horror Nights storylines and mythos throughout the year instead of just as a last second lead-in to the event itself in the fall. With Legendary Truth merchandise announced to go on sale online starting in June, I’ve got a feeling this year’s story will also start to unfold at about the same time, which is just fabulous news.

I was thinking that LT will prob tie into our Prison themed house.... Investigating a haunted old prison would be awesome...

To answer all your questions...

I might note *shameless plug* (LOL) to join this group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/233324606793724/